Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Pwc Interview - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pwc Interview (11920 Views)

Need Help On Pwc Interview / Pwc Interview! / Pwc Or Deloitte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pwc Interview by Bowlue: 5:33am On Jul 17, 2010
Good morning fellow naira landers. I av been fixed for a Pwc interview on Tuesday. Please i need any information as regards the interview; questions, duration, wat's expected from me etc. Thanks in anticipatun of your responses.
Re: Pwc Interview by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 17, 2010
Hi Bolue,
Congrats! The interview would be in four stages: The first and second stages would be in front of a panel. You and some of the other prospective employees would be given a topical issue to discuss. Note: In this stage you should be mindful of being overbaring, i.e. you should discuss the topic with your other colleagues without condemning their view point and please avoid talking as if you are Mr/Mrs right. After the disscusion which would be about five minutes, one of you guys would be expected to summarise all that was discussed. This I believe is meant to test your listening skills as well as your ability to communicate effectively.
The second stage which most likely would be in front of the same panel involves you picking another topic to discuss on. You are actually expected to pick a topic and say what you know about the topic. This stage would last about two minutes.
The third stage has to do with your interviewer (Panel) given you a scenario afterwhich you are expected to tell them what you would do if you were the one involved in that scene. At this stage, please be as sincere and honest as you can and make these your watch words : Integrity & Teamwork.
The last stage is the traditional interview of you being with one of the managers and a highly placed representative from HR. Here you would be asked the traditional interview questions and you should try as much as possible to be informed of current events, both in your field of study and global events.
I sincerely hope that I have been helpful!
Lastly, I beg you to be bold, I beg you to talk to the interviewers and your fellow interviewees as you would talk to your best friend.
Note that PwC's recruitment process is very fare and I assure that if you do well nothing will stop HR from selecting you.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pwc Interview by folafikayo(m): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2010
oops no reply, , dont worry, u r goin to do great!!!!!!
Re: Pwc Interview by Bowlue: 7:34am On Jul 22, 2010
tanks.
Re: Pwc Interview by Bowlue: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2010
tanks.
Re: Pwc Interview by seunallday: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2010
hey, didnt see dis on time, might have a few pointers for u, neways, how did ur interview go?
Re: Pwc Interview by Bowlue: 10:50am On Jul 26, 2010
@ seunallday: It went well generally, my confidence was intact all through. Showed great team spirit in d first stage, didn't get stuck or short of words in the 2nd stage. the third stage was more challenging, i had to answer open ended personal questions. and the fourth stage was cool, i think i answered with the best possible answer. so wats ur status; in pwc, applied before or ex pwc staff and wat wud ur pointers be?
Re: Pwc Interview by seunallday: 10:50am On Jul 27, 2010
work dere currently, just keep ur fingers crossed and be very hopeful
Re: Pwc Interview by Bowlue: 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2010
ok. one more question. i was told i cant sit for exams in my first year?
Re: Pwc Interview by seunallday: 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2010
yea, no exams until 12 months time
Re: Pwc Interview by Bowlue: 7:25am On Jul 28, 2010
By exams, they mean only ICAN and ACCA ryt?,
Re: Pwc Interview by seunallday: 11:20am On Jul 29, 2010
nah, whatever exam u r doing, no exams till after a year
Re: Pwc Interview by Bowlue: 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2010
not nice, anyways tanx
Re: Pwc Interview by canuck(m): 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2010
Bowlue:

ok. one more question. i was told i cant sit for exams in my first year?

seunallday:

yea, no exams until 12 months time

Bowlue:

not nice, anyways tanx

Truth is, you are not yet seen as a professional, but as a glorified messenger for the first year - You are a 'ball boy' for the pros on the pitch. That's why you can't seat an exam yet!

After they use you like 'rain water' in the first year, then you can start writing professional exams, and must pass within a specified period, otherwise you're shown the door.

All the big boys/gals you see in audit firms went through that rite-of-passage.

Best of luck! Report back when the 1st shin-shin gets credited to your account cheesy
Re: Pwc Interview by georgywest(m): 6:21am On Jun 20, 2011
hello! I av been invited 4 pwc short test and interview next month. Pls wat am i going to expect? What kinda question will they ask at the stages? Your help will really be appreciated. Tanx
Re: Pwc Interview by ednut1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2011
Hi, am graduatn 4rm unilorin accountn wit a likely four point 2.1 and abt to write pe2 in november. And wld like 2 wrk in pwc. Do i stand a chance and hw wil i go abt it. Am 21 nw nd do i apply pre or post service. Tanks
Re: Pwc Interview by ojayspecial: 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2012
ednut1: Hi, am graduatn 4rm unilorin accountn wit a likely four point 2.1 and abt to write pe2 in november. And wld like 2 wrk in pwc. Do i stand a chance and hw wil i go abt it. Am 21 nw nd do i apply pre or post service. Tanks pls culd sbdy respond to this enquiry. Thx
ednut1: Hi, am graduatn 4rm unilorin accountn wit a likely four point 2.1 and abt to write pe2 in november. And wld like 2 wrk in pwc. Do i stand a chance and hw wil i go abt it. Am 21 nw nd do i apply pre or post service. Tanks
ednut1:
Hi, am graduatn 4rm unilorin accountn wit a likely four point 2.1 and abt to write pe2 in november. And wld like 2 wrk in pwc. Do i stand a chance and hw wil i go abt it. Am 21 nw nd do i apply pre or post service. Tanks
Re: Pwc Interview by qanda: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2019
PwC Job Test Past Questions and Answers, Sample interview (last stage) questions and answers are available for download at the Job section of Q and A App. Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: Pwc Interview by martobi: 10:45am On Feb 05, 2019
Re: Pwc Interview by JARUSHUB: 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2020
Congrats to the New PwC Recruits Coached by JarusHub
https://www.jarushub.com/congrats-to-the-new-pwc-recruits-coached-by-jarushub/

PWC INTERVIEW & ASSESSMENT CENTER COACHING
https://www.jarushub.com/pwc-interview-coaching/

PwC Video Interview Coaching
https://www.jarushub.com/pwc-video-interview-coaching/
Re: Pwc Interview by habinccigroup: 11:19am On May 07, 2021
Congratulations to those who have received the mail for the PWC SHL proctored online assessment

The proctored test is a new development, which started during the verification for the last recruitment and it will be a strictly monitored test.

We have good news for you! We have a total solution that will ensure you pass the test and scale through to the next level.

We will be with you virtually (undetected & invisible) on the day of your test, and guide you to guaranteed success.

The test will run from 7th-12th, and we have limited slots available.

Hurry! Contact us now!
Re: Pwc Interview by qanda: 3:00pm On May 07, 2021
Download PwC Job Test Past Questions and Answers from Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Playstore.
Download Q and A App from Google Playstore

(1) (Reply)

Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? / Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? / First Bank Staff In Port Harcourt Reacts To Mass Sack Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.