Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Acadip Lies Part Three; Singing Is Not The Mode Of Worship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Acadip Lies Part Three; Singing Is Not The Mode Of Worship (354 Views)

Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres / Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acadip Lies Part Three; Singing Is Not The Mode Of Worship by Ayomivic(m): 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2018
ACADIP LIES PART THREE

SINGING is Not The Mode Of Worship

Your Point

Sir ,in one of your programs you asked if singing songs is a mode of worship. you asked this to prove that what Christians are doing Is mere an entertainment but not worship . and that what Muslims are doing is what right.

My Explanation

In the beginning, that Cain offered animal as a sacrifice to God this can be seen in the book of Genesis 4 ;2-5

When Enos son of Seth was born , men began to call the name of God (that is Prayer)

Noah also offered burnt sacrifice to God this also can be seen in the book Genesis 8;20
God orders Abraham to work before him and be perfect. Abraham also made altar and offered animal as sacrifice to God. Remember God tested him with his son.

Issac offered animal sacrifice to God likewise Jacob. During the time of Jacob, the Israelites when to exile in Egypt

Now Let's Us look at how Christians worship today. I will use Catholic and potestant as case study

CATHOLIC

The priest / Bishop, fathers , Altar,

Chatich ,the Alter boys

The Singers /choirs

Security/Usher

Prayer

Offering

Reading of Scripture/ Preaching

Blessings

POTESTANT

Pastor

Reading of Scripture / Preaching

Singers/ Choirs

Security / Ushers

Offering

Prayer

Blessings

Sir, you asked if singing is mode of worship and I want to tell you singing and all Christians are doing today are biblical

Let us continue from where we stopped

Mose then led the Israelites out of Egypt . They crossed the red Sea while the Egyptians drowned in the red Sea.
seeing this victory, the Israelites, sang song The song Mose sang is in the book of Exodus15;-19
Maram Moses and Aaron sister who was also a prophetest together with women' sang songs to praise God that delivered them. with Tirmbrel in hand and they danced .This can be seen in the book of Exsod 15;20-21

In the wilderness God gave Israelites rules and ordinance the first and the last time God gives rules and commandments to the people collectively

He chooses the Tribe of Levy to be his priest. The Tribe From where Moses and Aaron came from, Aaron was the cheif Priest . Their work among their brethren was to offer sacrifice for the remittance of sins of Israelites .They bunt incense to God also .Read the whole book of Leviticus for the duties of Levites

Moses then built the God Tabernacle of by the commands of God. God asked him to collect the offering from willing heart people.

Exodus 35:4-5 And Moses spake unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, saying, This is the thing which the LORD commanded, saying,
Take ye from among you an offering unto the LORD: whosoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it, an offering of the LORD; gold, and silver, and brass, Exodus 35:4-5

Pls for more understanding read Exodus 35;1-35, Exodus 36,37,38,39,

Exodus 39:42-43 According to all that the LORD commanded Moses, so the children of Israel made all the work.
And Moses did look upon all the work, and, behold, they had done it as the LORD had commanded, even so had they done it: and Moses blessed them.

As we can see , God order to make the Tent of the congregation where the priest would be burnt sacrifice to God. their is altar, candlestick for the light.They also Made clothes for Aaron the Chief Priest. The Ark of God was placed in the Tabernacle also

If we don't forget ,we want to see if singing is Worship. I don't want to bore you let move to the time of David (Dauda in Islam)

David also made a place for the Ark of God

1 Chronicles 15:1 And David made him houses in the city of David, and prepared a place for the ark of God, and pitched for it a tent.

and when the Priest and all Israelites went to bring it ,it was with dances with drums and with music instruments. Here David dances seriously in present of Ark of God
1 Chronicles 13:8 And David and all Israel played before God with all their might, and with singing, and with harps, and with psalteries, and with timbrels, and with cymbals, and with trumpets.

This is where we are going. David told the elder of Levy to choose SINGERS in the house of God.

1 Chronicles 15:16 And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of musick, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy.

1 Chronicles 16:1-4 So they brought the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it: and they offered burnt sacrifices and peace offerings before God.
And when David had made an end of offering the burnt offerings and the peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD.
And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine.
And he appointed certain of the Levites to minister before the ark of the LORD, and to record, and to thank and praise the LORD God of Israel:

We all know that David was a singer. if you don't know read the 1 King.

David wrote the first song to sing by Choirs and gave it to choirs master

1 Chronicles 16:7 Then on that day David delivered first this psalm to thank the LORD into the hand of Asaph and his brethren

Read 1 Chronicles 16-35 for the David first Psalm

psalm (Sebrul the Muslims said Allah gave to Moses is nothing but worship and thanks giving song)

David also chose the security, the Usher in the house of God . In the King James version they were called Porters .pls read 1 Chronicles 26,27 for division of Porters

Pls, read 1 Chronicles 15,16,17

David wishes to build house for God but God told him he can't because he was a warrior but Solomon his son was the one that would build him House

1 Chronicles 22:7-8 And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build an house unto the name of the LORD my God:
But the word of the LORD came to me, saying, Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars: thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because thou hast shed much blood upon the earth in my sight.
David prepared so many equipment to Solomon for the building of Temple of God

In Time of Solomon, Solomon built the Temple of God.

2 Chronicles 1:6 And Solomon went up thither to the brasen altar before the LORD, which was at the tabernacle of the congregation, and offered a thousand burnt offerings upon it.

2 Chronicles 2:4 Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.

pls read 2 Chronicles 2,3,4,5,,6,7 for more understanding of how the Temple looks like and how Solomon decorated it with images and drawing and how the Levites sang with music instruments and how the glory of God decended into the temple and fire from God consumes the sacrifice.

Let move to the time of Jesus. During the time of Jesus the Second Temple was still standing. Remember after the first Temple was destroyed Ezra and some Jewish and Nehemiah came back rebuilt the temple and an put things back in order as it was in time of David and Solomon (don't mind Muslims lies that Ezra worship in the way Muslims do ) it's a capital lie

Jesus was dedicated to God in the temple by his parents Luke 2;22-24 ,Jesus preached in the temple Luke 4: 16-20 Jesus was in Temple when offering was made, Jesus sang song. Mathew 26-30 Caiaphas was the Cheif Priest during the time of Jesus 18:12-13

In a nutshell the Israelites from the time of Moses till the time second temple was destroyed worshiped the way Catholic are worshiping today. The only difference was that , Animal were no longer use for sacrifice and the priests are not peculiar to Levites and we all know the difference between Catholic and potestants.

Bowing down in worship is common to Idol worshipers. so ACADIP should relates worship in Islam to pagans gods not Christians God. Read the book of Ezekiel 8:16 you we see the source of Islamic religion, Read from 1-18
Re: Acadip Lies Part Three; Singing Is Not The Mode Of Worship by iamgenius(m): 11:39pm On Oct 24, 2018
Genesis 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Genesis 15:19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,

Genesis 15:20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,

Genesis 15:21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

Oga, what you said is not there now. Maybe there's a misquote.
Re: Acadip Lies Part Three; Singing Is Not The Mode Of Worship by Ayomivic(m): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2018
iamgenius:
Genesis 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Genesis 15:21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

thank you, Exodus not Genesis
Re: Acadip Lies Part Three; Singing Is Not The Mode Of Worship by Ayomivic(m): 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
iamgenius:

Thank you, it's Exodus not Genesis

(1) (Reply)

Are You An Unfriendly Friend? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 9/12/18 / Fake Catholic Priest Exposed After 18 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.