Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,656 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi (15587 Views)

Debunking Igbos Claim Of Marginalisation / The Brazen Act Of Marginalisation Of Christians In Kaduna State By Gov Elrufai / Exodus Of Marginalisation And Ethnic Bigotry Of Udom Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by OrientDailyNews: 7:07am On Oct 24, 2018
By Sunday Agbo
Abakaliki
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Vice Pres­idential candidate in next year's general elec­tion, Mr. Peter Obi, has said that the people of the southeast geo­political zone are tired of being marginalised in the country.

Obi, who stated this during a courtesy visit to the Chairman of Southeast Governors’ Forum and Ebonyi State governor, Da­vid Nwaeze, pointed out that his nomination had created an opportunity for the people of the zone to start thinking on how to start rebuilding it.

He explained that southeast leaders were not against his emergence but against the pro­cess which he said had caused disaffection between some southeast leaders.
He said that his visit was for him to receive the blessing of Governor David Umahi as the chairman of the Southeast Gov­ernors' Forum.

“For me this is a home. But I am coming today to see you as the chairman of this zone be­cause I do not have the oppor­tunity of paying my courtesy call after my nomination as vice presidential candidate from our zone which you know was pos­sible if not for you in particular and other PDP leader.

“It was your leadership that made the candidate to start thinking of southeast person. If you did not bring the PDP family together, that would not have been possible. So, these are proofs of your leadership. I, for one, never thought this would happen to me. I have never dis­cussed with anybody and how it happened, to me is only God can explain.

“I need to come home to as­sure people like you that that nomination is not personal to me. It is from the southeast and cannot be successful without blessing from your kind person as the chairman of the zone.
“As the chairman of the zone, it is you singularly working with other governors and all PDP members that will make that nomination worthwhile. Any other thing will be opposite and unsuccessful.

“Of course, since after the nomination, there have been is­sues where people have put all of us in dispute. But I have called and severally maintained that never at anytime did the leaders of this zone disagreed with my nomination; they disagreed with the process.

“But of course, we now live in an era where the social media controls every sense of news and every type of news. This journey will not be successful without your leadership and that is why I am here to solicit for his con­tinue leadership of the zone and PDP as a party is desirable of re­turning to power.

“Not just we want to return to the centre, it is because we have seen a mismanagement of our country Nigeria. Every indices of development in Nigeria today is very low. Even in the fight against corruption, we have moved from 26 to 48. Everything is very bad. We cannot continue that way.

“So, PDP wants to come back and continue with building the nation. We are tired of marginal­isation. This is an opportunity to start rebuilding the entire zone, and it could only happen with your leadership. That is why I am here for your blessing. Be rest assured of my loyalty and availability always.
Responding, Governor Umahi expressed joy over the nomina­tion of Peter Obi.

He said he had never had dif­ferences with him, noting that both of them were misinterpret­ed badly.
“Like I have said severally, nobody appoints the deputy. If somebody imposes your deputy on you, it will not work. It is like a marriage. So, nobody is angry for anybody selecting anybody.

“You have already said that the Igbo leaders are not angry with you. But I have said that I cannot repent of what I have said before. I had said it sever­ally that the process is not okay with us.

“I have fought the battle be­fore now and I am still fighting it. And that created some illusion in our minds. Some Igbo leaders understood it and those who did not understand they have the right not to because my fear is that if this is happening without explanation, I do not know what will happen when we go to the poll. Because we just went to the poll and came back and this is what we are getting.

“That you nominated our son is our right because in every meeting I said that we will sup­port the candidate who is ready to give us the vice presidential candidate. It must also be un­derstood that southeast has so much been frustrated and mar­ginalised. We have been chased out of all our rights and posi­tions”, Umahi reiterated.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/cover-story/east-tired-marginalisation-peter-obi/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by shutto: 7:08am On Oct 24, 2018
Let's be watching
Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by fk001(m): 7:18am On Oct 24, 2018
OK but if you lose the election hope your people will be able to concede defeat and move on.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by hisgrace090: 7:19am On Oct 24, 2018
Any aspiring presidential candidates that'll vow to correct the abnormally done to the Igbo's will have God on his side to lead Nigeria.

Among more than 50 federal govt agency in Nigeria non of them have their headquarter in Igbo land.

When the Igbo man goes to the place those things exist, the community will tag them runaway people, that's people that run from their place. Very sad indeed!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by johnmartus(m): 7:23am On Oct 24, 2018
Imagine this statement from who will be vice President of Nigeria.this tribalism blood can't depart from their blood.The interest of IBO's is paramount to you,no problem we are watching .

91 Likes 13 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Butterflyleo: 7:25am On Oct 24, 2018
So in short OBItuary wants to be the VP to the igbos. grin

By inference other regions would assume they would now be the ones to be marginalized.

Wrong use of words send the wrongest of signals and this one just did.

Digging his own electoral grave even before the elections.

Everyone knows the SE only see marginalization in their minds because they have been the ones marginalizing themselves with their entitlement mentality.

Every other region works hard to be politically relevant while they sit back and want it all handed to them on a platter of gold while they lay insults on other regions.

They fight each other, disagree over the simplest of things due to their overly selfish nature and pull me down syndrome in their genes and yet claim marginalization.

Good thing he will not be making it to the oval office. Bunch of tribalistic bigoted jokers.

100 Likes 16 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by MeanChris(m): 7:27am On Oct 24, 2018
Butterflyleo:
So in short OBItuary wants to be the VP to the igbos. grin

By inference other regions would assume they would now be the ones to be marginalized.

Wrong use of words send the wrongest of signals and this one just did.

Digging his own electoral grave even before the elections.

Everyone knows the SE only see marginalization in their minds because they have been the ones marginalizing themselves with their entitlement mentality.

Every other region works hard to be politically relevant while they sit back and want it all handed to them on a platter of gold while they lay insults on other regions.

They fight each other, disagree over the simplest of things due to their overly selfish nature and pull me down syndrome in their genes and yet claim marginalization.

Good thing he will not be making it to the oval office. Bunch of tribalistic bigoted jokers.

Mechie onu, shhh shhh, shut it..
You Buhari supporters are agents of oppression. Even the devil has angels demons

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by sogodihno: 7:31am On Oct 24, 2018
Then u shud start crying because their is no way u are becoming the VP of this country any time soon.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Butterflyleo: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2018
MeanChris:

Mechie onu, shhh shhh, shut it..
You Buhari supporters are agents of oppression. Even the devil has angels demons

Kindly shut up and divert your demonic eyes to another direction. If my words are rubbing you the wrong way then it shows you are indeed a very dirty Athiefkulooter

68 Likes 12 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by MeanChris(m): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Kindly shut up and divert your demonic eyes to another direction. If my words are rubbing you the wrong way then it shows you are indeed a very dirty Athiefkulooter

A dirty atikulooter is better than a clean fulani herdsmen supporter! Omenka don't try me this morning

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by MeanChris(m): 7:48am On Oct 24, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Who is Omenka? Are you deluded or are you now gradually demonically going insane?

Good thing you know your principal is a prolific looter and has it genetically ingrained in him.

This is the reason why the core of Nigerians have rejected him. Only indomie akamu brained generations who know mother of his past are rooting for him and this is all down to their high levels of ignorance.

We who at least study history and do not follow like the zombies you athiefkulooters are, know his antecedents and the resolve is that he will not become president. That was sealed since 2015 and nothing can change that.

Even he knows his fate is sealed and this is his last hurrah. I hope you enjoy sinking with him.

So we should stick with this guy?

12 Likes

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by ferop: 8:03am On Oct 24, 2018
enough is enough..
Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2018
are you aiming to become the vice president of Nigeria or the vice president of iboland

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by lionness(f): 8:27am On Oct 24, 2018
Ok
Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by chiagozien(m): 8:31am On Oct 24, 2018
Are you the one to stop it.

No referendum no election.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 8:33am On Oct 24, 2018
hisgrace090:
Any aspiring presidential candidates that'll vow to correct the abnormally done to the igbos.
what about the abnormality done to other Nigerians? why are you ibos so selfish and self centred? Peter obi hasn't even won the election, certainly he won't, but you have already turned his vice presidency into an ibo affair

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by forgiveness: 8:36am On Oct 24, 2018
E don start. Sai Buhari! grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2018
johnmartus:
Imagine this statement from who will be vice President of Nigeria.this tribalism blood can't depart from their blood.The interest of IBO's is paramount to you,no problem we are watching .
this is how his campaign might go : my name is Peter obi, I want to become the vice president of Nigeria because we ibos are being marginalized. we ibos are the greatest tribe in Nigeria. Nigeria is no man's land

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by hisgrace090: 8:45am On Oct 24, 2018
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
what about the abnormality done to other Nigerians? why are you ibos so selfish and self centred? Peter obi hasn't even won the election, certainly he won't, but you have already turned his vice presidency into an ibo affair

Have you ever heard of any federal govt agency headquarter in the south east?

Tomorrow you'll say the Igbo's run out of their place, why not when you deny them almost everything.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by johnmartus(m): 8:59am On Oct 24, 2018
cheesy
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
this is how his campaign might go : my name is Peter obi, I want to become the vice president of Nigeria because we ibos are being marginalized. we ibos are the greatest tribe in Nigeria. Nigeria is no man's land

1 Like

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Lordofthewest(m): 9:37am On Oct 24, 2018
Flatnoids are bitter miserable creatures,they're still yet to recover from Jonathan's loss so they use Atiku as consolation.Bitterness can never leave them,if Atiku had any sense he would have just chosen his vice from the Niger delta but then what does a looter know than to steal.
fk001:
OK but if you lose the election hope your people will be able to concede defeat and move on.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Timil: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2018
If south east were marginalized as they claim to be, bulk of the players in our sport teams won't be from the east. There won't be any FG project in the east, the FG won't allocate any fund to the eastern state governments.

The Easterners feel marginalized simply because they haven't produced a president and a vice president.

The above is the only reason why they scream marginalization but literally the Igbos have never been marginalized, politically they are the cause of their misfortune.

Those who should be shouting marginalization are the Tivs, Nupe, Ibibio, Kanuri and the other minority tribes not the Igbos.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by abc115: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2018
grin
Vice President of Igbo or Vice President of Nigeria

Is this not bigotry?

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Sirpaul(m): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2018
Atikulooted

11 Likes

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 24, 2018
atiku may get 99% vote from Southeast and southsouth . even okorocha wife and his son in law will vote atiku

1 Like

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by SingleWahala(f): 9:40am On Oct 24, 2018
abc115:
grin
Vice President of Igbo or Vice President of Nigeria

Is this not bigotry?
..... Vice President of New Nigeria Biafra ni grin grin grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by femmy2010(m): 9:40am On Oct 24, 2018
Mazi bolt said NO LEFELENDUM NO ERECTION .

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by SingleWahala(f): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2018
femmy2010:
Mazi bolt said said NO LEFELENDUM NO ERECTION .
.... I just dey look you !

20 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arresting Nwosu In Church Unacceptable, CAN Tells Police / Moghalu: Emefiele, Worst CBN Gov In Our History, But We Don't Need Media Trials / Sacked Plateau Lawmakers Arrive Assembly, Insist On Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.