Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi (15628 Views)

Debunking Igbos Claim Of Marginalisation / The Brazen Act Of Marginalisation Of Christians In Kaduna State By Gov Elrufai / Exodus Of Marginalisation And Ethnic Bigotry Of Udom Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by judetastic(m): 9:43am On Oct 24, 2018
My dear Nigerians please go and search for a side hustle and make good cash this Government is a stand still Government they won't take you any where on earth, they won't take you to hell talkless of heaven..... So sad....
Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:43am On Oct 24, 2018
which zone is not marginalized

5 Likes

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by AyakaDunukofia: 9:43am On Oct 24, 2018
It is a pity most of the respondents here are half witted. Mr Peter Obi equally said,

"Not just we want to return to the centre, it is because we have seen a mismanagement of our country Nigeria. Every indices of development in Nigeria today is very low. Even in the fight against corruption, we have moved from 26 to 48. Everything is very bad. We cannot continue that way"

The above is amongst the statements he made at ABK. Which is a nationalistic statement. Most Nigerians are simply silly, wicked creatures.

3 Likes

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by iammo(m): 9:43am On Oct 24, 2018
Lol,

1 Like

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2018
Butterflyleo:
So in short OBItuary wants to be the VP to the igbos. grin

By inference other regions would assume they would now be the ones to be marginalized.

Wrong use of words send the wrongest of signals and this one just did.

Digging his own electoral grave even before the elections.

Everyone knows the SE only see marginalization in their minds because they have been the ones marginalizing themselves with their entitlement mentality.

Every other region works hard to be politically relevant while they sit back and want it all handed to them on a platter of gold while they lay insults on other regions.

They fight each other, disagree over the simplest of things due to their overly selfish nature and pull me down syndrome in their genes and yet claim marginalization.

Good thing he will not be making it to the oval office. Bunch of tribalistic bigoted jokers.
I never knew there is an oval office in Nigeria. you can keep your oval office while obi will go to asorock

1 Like

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by EssienUbong: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2018
Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by baysol: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2018
OrientDailyNews:

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/cover-story/east-tired-marginalisation-peter-obi/

Another Nnamdi Kanu Loading.....simply because they have called him to become a failed VP he now think he's another gburugburu war lord.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Butterflyleo: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2018
Mklanceee:

I never knew there is an oval office in Nigeria. you can keep your oval office while obi will go to asorock

Oval office simply means Aso rock.

The part about OBItuary going to Aso rock brought hard laughter to me. grin

Yes he will go to aso rock but that would be when invited by pmb or VPYO.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Butterflyleo: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2018
baysol:

Another Nnamdi Kanu Loading.....simply because they have called him to become a failed VP he now think he's another gburugburu war lord.

You dey mind the grand insulter of Nigeria?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by hollywater: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2018
fk001:
OK but if you lose the election hope your people will be able to concede defeat and move on.

There is nothing that will make PDP lose this coming election. If is conducted well,I mean free and fair election.Pdp will beat APC hands down.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by hollywater: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2018
fk001:
OK but if you lose the election hope your people will be able to concede defeat and move on.

There is nothing that will make PDP lose this coming election. If is conducted well,I mean free and fair election.Pdp will beat APC hands down.
Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2018
You mean... 5%

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by bigpicture001: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2018
fk001:

...d average igbo does not care abt election...cuz dey know it's all about other regions leadership...but they turn out massively for their state elections

2 Likes

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by wink2015(m): 9:59am On Oct 24, 2018
By Sunday Agbo
Abakaliki
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Vice Pres­idential candidate in next year's general elec­tion, Mr. Peter Obi, has said that the people of the southeast geo­political zone are tired of being marginalised in the country.

Obi, who stated this during a courtesy visit to the Chairman of Southeast Governors’ Forum and Ebonyi State governor, Da­vid Nwaeze, pointed out that his nomination had created an opportunity for the people of the zone to start thinking on how to start rebuilding it.

He explained that southeast leaders were not against his emergence but against the pro­cess which he said had caused disaffection between some southeast leaders.
He said that his visit was for him to receive the blessing of Governor David Umahi as the chairman of the Southeast Gov­ernors' Forum.

“For me this is a home. But I am coming today to see you as the chairman of this zone be­cause I do not have the oppor­tunity of paying my courtesy call after my nomination as vice presidential candidate from our zone which you know was pos­sible if not for you in particular and other PDP leader.

“It was your leadership that made the candidate to start thinking of southeast person. If you did not bring the PDP family together, that would not have been possible. So, these are proofs of your leadership. I, for one, never thought this would happen to me. I have never dis­cussed with anybody and how it happened, to me is only God can explain.

“I need to come home to as­sure people like you that that nomination is not personal to me. It is from the southeast and cannot be successful without blessing from your kind person as the chairman of the zone.
“As the chairman of the zone, it is you singularly working with other governors and all PDP members that will make that nomination worthwhile. Any other thing will be opposite and unsuccessful.

“Of course, since after the nomination, there have been is­sues where people have put all of us in dispute. But I have called and severally maintained that never at anytime did the leaders of this zone disagreed with my nomination; they disagreed with the process.

“But of course, we now live in an era where the social media controls every sense of news and every type of news. This journey will not be successful without your leadership and that is why I am here to solicit for his con­tinue leadership of the zone and PDP as a party is desirable of re­turning to power.

“Not just we want to return to the centre, it is because we have seen a mismanagement of our country Nigeria. Every indices of development in Nigeria today is very low. Even in the fight against corruption, we have moved from 26 to 48. Everything is very bad. We cannot continue that way.

“So, PDP wants to come back and continue with building the nation. We are tired of marginal­isation. This is an opportunity to start rebuilding the entire zone, and it could only happen with your leadership. That is why I am here for your blessing. Be rest assured of my loyalty and availability always.
Responding, Governor Umahi expressed joy over the nomina­tion of Peter Obi.

He said he had never had dif­ferences with him, noting that both of them were misinterpret­ed badly.
“Like I have said severally, nobody appoints the deputy. If somebody imposes your deputy on you, it will not work. It is like a marriage. So, nobody is angry for anybody selecting anybody.

“You have already said that the Igbo leaders are not angry with you. But I have said that I cannot repent of what I have said before. I had said it sever­ally that the process is not okay with us.

“I have fought the battle be­fore now and I am still fighting it. And that created some illusion in our minds. Some Igbo leaders understood it and those who did not understand they have the right not to because my fear is that if this is happening without explanation, I do not know what will happen when we go to the poll. Because we just went to the poll and came back and this is what we are getting.

“That you nominated our son is our right because in every meeting I said that we will sup­port the candidate who is ready to give us the vice presidential candidate. It must also be un­derstood that southeast has so much been frustrated and mar­ginalised. We have been chased out of all our rights and posi­tions”, Umahi reiterated.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/cover-story/east-tired-marginalisation-peter-obi/

I agree with the views that the south eastern part of Nigeria is marginalized by successive federal government we have had in Nigeria and this maginalisation dates back to the fall out of the event of the Nigeria/Biafra civil war.

However, I still think the Niger delta region have suffered the worst form of marginalization as the entire region lack infrastructures and development compare to the money they contribute to the federal purse through crude oil sales to the international oil market.

They are like the proverbial goose that laid the golden egg but have little for the effort.

Their crude oil money has been hijacked by the federal government who dish out stipends as federal allocations to the federating states.

If wrongs must be put right, then attention must first start with the Niger delta region before anywhere else.

8 Likes

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by AyakaDunukofia: 10:00am On Oct 24, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:
It is a pity most of the respondents here are half witted. Mr Peter Obi equally said,

"Not just we want to return to the centre, it is because we have seen a mismanagement of our country Nigeria. Every indices of development in Nigeria today is very low. Even in the fight against corruption, we have moved from 26 to 48. Everything is very bad. We cannot continue that way"

The above is amongst the statements he made at ABK. Which is a nationalistic statement. Most Nigerians are simply silly, wicked creatures.
Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by thatigboman: 10:04am On Oct 24, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Who is Omenka? Are you deluded or are you now gradually demonically going insane?

Good thing you know your principal is a prolific looter and has it genetically ingrained in him.

This is the reason why the core of Nigerians have rejected him. Only indomie akamu brained generations who know nothing of his past are rooting for him and this is all down to their high levels of ignorance.

We who at least study history and do not follow like the zombies you athiefkulooters are, know his antecedents and the resolve is that he will not become president. That was sealed since 2015 and nothing can change that.

Even he knows his fate is sealed and this is his last hurrah. I hope you enjoy sinking with him.
mallam omenka that ran to enugu when house youths came calling in this father's home in makurdi

1 Like

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:04am On Oct 24, 2018
OrientDailyNews:

This bigot is now bringing back this stale phantom notion of marginalisation.

Can he explain how anybody from the SE or any other region is stopped from contesting and being voted for any post.

Politics is a game of numbers based on popularity - if you want to get into an elective office, then by all means campaign and let the ppl decide; it is not by force; if you fail, don't blame any region or tribe for your own failure - you simply were not popular enough.

Imagine, this was the guy who when governor clearly discriminated against other ethnic groups by either demolishing their markets or arresting them and profiling them as boko haram suspects without any justification.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by BabaO2: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2018
This guy is too tribal to be named a VP of a national party. Soludo is far exposed and better than this parochial obi.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2018
Butterflyleo:

there is nothing like oval office in Nigeria . oval office is in us while asorock is in Nigeria but as a normal lifeless one supporter , trying to be smart even in ignorance

1 Like

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by MYHUBBY: 10:09am On Oct 24, 2018
imagine a statement coming out from a VP aspirant. he just affirmed who the Hausa youth called him

very senseless statement. Igbo are marginalised now they've given you opportunity to run in an election that the poll determine if you will win or not, so shut up Obi

8 Likes

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Afamed: 10:12am On Oct 24, 2018
hollywater:
You said more than this in 2015. Now back to the discussion, hope you will not cry of Biafra or death when the 2019 election does not favour you?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Glink2018(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2018
Your sinister interest will fail.

No true born-yoruba will ever vote for atiku.

11 Likes

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2018
johnmartus:
Imagine this statement from who will be vice President of Nigeria.this tribalism blood can't depart from their blood.The interest of IBO's is paramount to you,no problem we are watching .

Foool, is Buhari not on that President position to represent northern interest?

OTHERWISE why are all security positions allocated to North. INEC. Minister of finance. Security chiefs and every influential post allocated to North?

Why is he drilling oil in the north and focusing most projects in north such as rail ways?

Why are all his appointments for the North?

Obi must go there to represent igbo interest first in all projects and upgrading of Enugu international airport and rail way constructions before thinking of Nigeria.

He was sent there to correct the marginalization of Ndiigbo in terms of projects and not to be an ordinary commissioner like osinbajo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by dometome: 10:15am On Oct 24, 2018
hollywater:
But Buhari has to win because with him, the destruction of the zoo is assured

1 Like

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by bigpicture001: 10:15am On Oct 24, 2018
fk001:

...d average igbo does not care abt election...cuz dey know it's all about other regions leadership...but they turn out massively for their state elections
Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Afamed: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Kindly ignore that boy. His comprehensive tendency does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2018
Glink2018:
Your sinister interest will fail.

No true born-yoruba will ever vote for atiku.

Sharap. My Yoruba friend schooling in lautech is vigorously campaigning for Atiku to achieve his restructuring agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by Butterflyleo: 10:17am On Oct 24, 2018
Afamed:

Kindly ignore that boy. His comprehensive tendency does not exist.

I will abide with your words. He is still even asking me unrelated questions to my reference.

Athiefkulooters are clearly walking around with echos between their ears.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi by lexy2014: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2018
hisgrace090:
Any aspiring presidential candidates that'll vow to correct the abnormally done to the Igbo's will have God on his side to lead Nigeria.
What exactly is d anomaly done 2d igbos?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’re Still Searching For Fighter Jet That Went Missing About 6 Months Ago – NAF / Seven Killed, Scores Missing As Gunmen Attack Villages In Taraba / I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.