Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Have You Rejected Someone? Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Rejected Someone? Why? (550 Views)

Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? / Have You Rejected a lady's advances before? / The Face Of The Guy Who Rejected A Lady's Proposal & Ran Away (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Rejected Someone? Why? by written007: 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2018
Have you rejected someone? Why?
Anonymous
Anonymous
Answered 17h ago
Yes, I have. (3 Years back)

I met a guy on matrimonial platform. The first day when I met him, I didn't like him much, the reasons were him being so fidgety with not very impressive communication skills.

We met, had coffee and he dropped me to my place.

He liked me but I was not sure so I chose not to talk to him again.

I got busy in my life and kept meeting other matches.

After 4 months when I had already given up on the online shaadi portals, suddenly I got a message from this guy.

I was already upset that day, alone, and dejected, I was in a need to talk to someone.

The message wrote 'Hey, wassup.’

I replied 'Nothing'

The message beeped 'You didn't respond anything after that meet'

I replied 'Umm..yeah, I was not sure and got busy with my stuff.

Another text popped up 'Never mind, I really liked you, wanna catch up someday?'

I replied 'Yes, when?' I am free tonight.

He texted 'Okay, let's meet in next 30 minutes'

I typed 'I'll be ready'

And we met. He was the same, but we talked a little more this time. He listened to me. He appreciated my looks. Boosted my confidence by saying nice things to me.

I was no more upset, he made me feel better.

We bade Goodbyes with a pre-scheduled hangout plan.

We met again and kept meeting.

As he already liked me, he kept getting attracted to me but the feelings from my side had not taken a step ahead.

I liked his company because he liked mine.

After we met for atleast 10 more times, I thought, why not him? (Just because he has bad english/can't speak intellectual stuff/and a little fidgety?)

I should choose to marry him (Because he is good to me, likes me a lot, earns well, from my community, honest and has the potential to keep me happy)

I decided to marry him. I told him I will make my mother (single parent) meet him very soon.

He jumped with joy. I could guage the happiness through his eyes.

I kissed him a day before my mother was going to see him. He confessed he fell in love with me since the day we met.

I still was not sure because my idea of a husband was not him, but my peers and family made me believe there is nothing like 'Perfect'. You should look for 'Compatible' more than 'perfect'

I was 26 then, I have had dated better boys before. Things couldn't succumb to marriage because of many reasons (one being me not sure about marrying or maybe I had patience issues and me being way too childish)

I thought this was the time, I shouldn't think much and go ahead as I myself am not perfect and have many flaws.

My mother met him.

I still exactly remember two things that she said that day after meeting him,

‘Wasn't his shirt too shiny? Looks like he was too keen to look good in front of your mother’ she chuckled.

'He is good, but you will always dominate him with a sense of superiority in terms of looks and intellect'.

I was taken aback. 'I was marrying him because I thought you would be happy that I got married to someone in our community, if you don't like him much, why am I doing this?' I said to my mother.

She didn't respond. That was the day and I did not respond to any of his calls/messages.

I did not know how to say No to him, because I had kissed him and told him I liked him.

How could I change my mind then? The thing that he did not know was I was looking at my family's comfort in marrying him. Kissing him was part of an experiment to see if we atleast had some physical compatibility for future, if nothing.

He kept calling and I kept avoiding. I was feeling so bad but I couldn't help it.

He finally texted that he wanted to meet me for the last time and he won't bother me again.

We met, he made me hear a lot of things saying how much he liked me and how heartbroken he was because of my behaviour.

I listened to whatever he said patiently. All I could say was 'I am sorry'

And he never texted me again.

I am still single, I sometimes feel guilty that I hurt him but I don't regret not marrying him.

Thanks for reading and putting up this question.

I feel light. smiley
Re: Have You Rejected Someone? Why? by heniford2: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2018
I have had that experience with a lady so lovely i never know a lady can walk up to a guy and tell him she fence him to even spend till i become confuse with myself and choice.. I have seen it all
Re: Have You Rejected Someone? Why? by HallaDaTruth: 11:03pm On Oct 24, 2018
My dear, this story be like wetin lie Mohammed compose

Re: Have You Rejected Someone? Why? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2018
heniford2:
I have had that experience with a lady so lovely i never know a lady can walk up to a guy and tell him she fence him to even spend till i become confuse with myself and choice.. I have seen it all

You've seen nothing bro.

Wait till you hear someone else's story
Re: Have You Rejected Someone? Why? by oblaak(m): 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2018
I rejected her because she couldn't tell me why she loved me. The only thing she said is that I'm too handsome.. I can't roll with such
Re: Have You Rejected Someone? Why? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2018
heniford2:
Huh? Pls come again
Re: Have You Rejected Someone? Why? by heniford2: 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
EasternDamsel4:

Huh? Pls come again
true life story i mean a super rich and classic lady, i went for holiday break in Enugu 2018 march on friday i decided to go shopping was thinking i could go watch movie in cinema was dissappointd cause the an't working or got bot out as i was told so i decided to take some pie and coke down eatery spot went to KFC Did my orders just sit down to start eating when this amzing lady walkd up to my table and said "hi" to i looked up and boom. It started...mehn asin!

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Phone Can I Get With The Budget Of N2500. / Dealing With nairaland Attention Seekers / World Richest Man, Jeff Bezos Settles His Wife $32billion After Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.