Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters (22191 Views)

Police Rearrest Former MFM Chorister Over Libel Against Church Founder, Olukoya / Oyedepo Paid Graduate Pastors ₦38,000 Monthly — Sahara Reporters / Daniel Olukoya Files N10bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Skepticus: 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

Do you know what Libel means? make una dey try read first before you rush to make post on NL, that way you don't make a fool of yourself!

Nigerians are not a very bright set of people.

Just bunch of educated illiterates.

The m.oron you quoted is still one of the illiterates that will queue up to vote in either of the two evil parties, PDP and APC

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by wonlasewonimi: 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
After having edikaikong in akwa ibom, MOG just moonwalked into a court to sue. There's no court of competent justrisdiction in lagos ibadan and ogun.
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Pelé oo Mr learned collegue...what business does a man of God have in court if he's truly innocent

What a fool, so men of God have no business going to the court? so in other words men of God are higher than the court and higher than the law? so going by your opinion, a man of God who has a court injunction shouldn't honour the invitation because he has no business with the court? if Jesus Christ himself was tried at the court in the presence of Pontius Pilate, Jesus Christ advocates that his followers honour the law of the land and what does the court do? uphold the law, right? so when anyone regardless of your occupation or position in life is in a country or a place governed by the law of the land and that person feels he or she has been unlawfully accused or slandered as in this case, what does that person do? that person goes to the court of law because the land is governed by the LAW! stupid olodo.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Lordofthewest(m): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
Morons like this are the reason why we are in this mess in the first place, I asked simple questions none of them don answer me dey just embarrass themselves with the little so called education they think they have.I have been following sahara reporters for years now they don't talk shit about anybody unless there's a reason,maybe you should go question your G.O first before disgracing your lineage on nairaland..Bunch of educated illiterates
Skepticus:

Nigerians are not a very bright set of people.

Just bunch of educated illiterates.

The m.oron you quoted is still one of the illiterates that will queue up to vote in either of the two evil parties, PDP and APC

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Dething: 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2018
Sowere is just stepping on toes anyhow! He is not wise at all.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by owoshuyi(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
If he does now and the Sowore burn to ashes, u still go come to talk your usual shit talk.
hisexcellency34:
Why sue, Pastor Fire on the Mountain? Why not just call Holy Fire upon him like Prophet Elisha?
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Softhands(m): 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
No second saviour...Jesus has died for us all...I won't stand defamation of character myself if I was in his shoes too.
NotNairalandi:
He is a man of God,he should learn to forgive.if Jesus paid attention to those that said many evil and bad word against him,I think there would be so many court cases in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Yelutide: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Lol..why sue sahara reporters unless you yourself have something to hide.The church these days has become an object of ridicule because of some of these men of God moving around with politicians when their focus should be the church and charity.

Point of correction - "Some Church", and not "The Church".
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by owoshuyi(m): 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2018
HYPOCRITE. Do you yourself forgive?
NotNairalandi:
He is a man of God,he should learn to forgive.if Jesus paid attention to those that said many evil and bad word against him,I think there would be so many court cases in the Bible.

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by koladebrainiac(m): 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2018
delerx:
It's a pity to hear church pastors taking people to court. Was Jesus ever in the court of law? These pastors are fraudulent. That was how two pastors in 4square took each other to court for leadership role
when thwy are suppose to pay tax to the government and perform their civic duties, they will be looking for corner ways to get out of it claiming they are charity organization
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by nephemmy(m): 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
wetin coinsigne me
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Codebrain772234: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
interesting

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by NotNairalandi(m): 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2018
owoshuyi:
HYPOCRITE. Do you yourself forgive?
yes sir..I forgive
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by linearity: 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

Do you know what Libel means? make una dey try read first before you rush to make post on NL, that way you don't make a fool of yourself!
so men of God have no business going to the court? so in other words men of God are higher than the court and higher than the law? so going by your opinion, a man of God who has a court injunction shouldn't honour the invitation because he has no business with the court? Jesus Christ himself was tried at the court in the presence of Pontius Pilate, Jesus Christ advocates that his followers honour the law of the land, pay taxes and give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar, now what is the purpose of the court ? to uphold the law, right? so when anyone regardless of your occupation or position in life is in a country or a place governed by the law of the land and that person feels he or she has been unlawfully accused or slandered as in this case, what does that person do? that person goes to the court of law because the land is governed by the LAW! stupid olodo.

Another clueless one spotted.

Don’t twist the Bible upside down to suit you.

Jesus was dragged before the court, offcourse if someone takes you to court, the Bible is littered with commandments and instructions to go to the court and answer the case or settle with that individual....That was what happened in the case of Jesus.

However, the Bible warned Christians never to take anyone to court if it was the Christian or church that is offended. It says, Judgement belongs to God and that, we should not take each other before any earthly Judge.

Jesus was slander, abused, false reported were invited against him, his activities, his apostles, many hideous lies and blasphemy....upon all these, he never took anyone to court and He admonished that He should be our standard and example. Even even the apostles acted out and wanted to revenge he admonished them...no wonder, even he left them, none of them took anyone to court, but they were all dragged from one court to another until they were killed.

Christianity today is different, it is no longer about God, it is now a business enterprise and all business enterprises want to maintain certain image and brand before the public, even if internal realities are opposite and they will drag each and everyone before a court in order to gad them from talk or spreading any information or anyone who tells lies or slander them...they are not like Christ and as such not Christ-like and not Christians.

I don’t care what they preach or say, I usually pass them through a simple test and the test is: Will Jesus act this way? If the answer is NO, then they are not Christians, they are just another modern day business center trying to protect their image, which definitely is not wrong, it is their right under the law to protect their image and brand, but you can’t eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by farem: 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Lol..why sue sahara reporters unless you yourself have something to hide.The church these days has become an object of ridicule because of some of these men of God moving around with politicians when their focus should be the church and charity.

If the pastor has done otherwise, looking away, you miserable lots will still come here to say that he has been silenced because of the grave 'fact' stashed against him.

The antichrists are programmed in their spirit attack anything of Christ

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by juniorstar(m): 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2018
#Distractions!!!!!
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by mikeapollo: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2018
''By their fruits, you shall know them''

I recall how these members of PFN incited their members, the press and general public by lying and spreading deadly rumours against Prophet TB Joshua. Many terrible and unimaginable allegations/stories were said and published against TB Joshua. They held crusades and asked people to pray against his church
But the man they called ''fake'' has been able to stand fast and demonstrate the nature of Christ in him, by bearing all their negative words and deeds without seeking for revenge, retaliation or court suit!
Now, the people that claimed to be the ''genuine Christians'' cannot even tolerate one-quarter of what they did to TB Joshua!!.
They are busy now either dragging people to court for defamation of character, or attacking Daddy Freeze on their pulpit (for preaching against tithe) or marrying and divorcing their 3rd wife!
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:34pm On Oct 25, 2018
Sowore knows what he is doing. GO'S in Nigeria have now become the untouchables
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2018
undecided undecided What happened to die by fire, by fire by force or are they being merciful
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by princetom1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
joseo:
Sowore should put his mouth where it belongs and stop gossiping about others

For what he knows as fact with evidence? Go Sidon jare... They wanna silence anybody not to say anything against them... The other guy that has object media is just even a small guy, reporting what he captures and read on YouTube....

Sowore has said it, they can take him to any court of law, he wount get a lawyer to fault the case sef, they will slug it out with evidence
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by udemzyudex(m): 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lordofthewest:

Shut up ,if you have nothing reasonable to Post,just read and go oga.
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by princetom1(m): 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2018
Famzer:
Two Greatest Akokites at each other's throats.The
University of Lagos Alumni Association should please wade in abeg. All we need is love and justice.I really don't like the arrogance in the tone of Sowore, he should "touch" with facts not unsavory innuendos. The church is in order for taking him to court so that it will not resort to self help.

That's not the tone of arrogance, that's the tone of confidence... U say it as it is, not sugar quoting it because u are 100% sure of what u are saying.
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by farem: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2018
linearity:

Another clueless one spotted.

Don’t twist the Bible upside down to suit you.

Jesus was dragged before the court, offcourse if someone takes you to court, the Bible is littered with commandments and instructions to go to the court and answer the case or settle with that individual....That was what happened in the case of Jesus.

However, the Bible warned Christians never to take anyone to court if it was the Christian or church that is offended. It says, Judgement belongs to God and that, we should not take each other before any earthly Judge.

Jesus was slander, abused, false reported were invited against him, his activities, his apostles, many hideous lies and blasphemy....upon all these, he never took anyone to court and He admonished that He should be our standard and example. Even even the apostles acted out and wanted to revenge he admonished them...no wonder, even he left them, none of them took anyone to court, but they were all dragged from one court to another until they were killed.

Christianity today is different, it is no longer about God, it is now a business enterprise and all business enterprises want to maintain certain image and brand before the public, even if internal realities are opposite and they will drag each and everyone before a court in order to gad them from talk or spreading any information or anyone who tells lies or slander them...they are not like Christ and as such not Christ-like and not Christians.

I don’t care what they preach or say, I usually pass them through a simple test and the test is: Will Jesus act this way? If the answer is NO, then they are not Christians, they are just another modern day business center trying to protect their image, which definitely is not wrong, it is their right under the law to protect their image and brand, but you can’t eat your cake and have it.

Don't whip biblical sentiments here! Bible says we should obey ALL authorities - and I think courts of law are part of these. or would you rather wish Mfm members move out en mass to attack the Sahara reporters boss?

You are obviously qouting Bible upside down :

The whole context of ***1 Corinthians 6:1-6 deals with disputes WITHIN the church (members) ***, but Paul does reference the court system when he speaks of judgments concerning things pertaining to this life. Paul means that the court system exists for matters of this life that are outside the church. Church problems should not be taken to the court system, but should be judged within the church.

Also in Acts chapters 21–22 talk about Paul being arrested and wrongfully accused of a crime he did not commit. The Romans arrested him and “the commander brought Paul inside and ordered him lashed with whips to make him confess his crime. He wanted to find out why the crowd had become so furious. As they tied Paul down to lash him, Paul said to the officer standing there, ‘Is it legal for you to whip a Roman citizen who hasn't even been tried?’” **Paul used the Roman law and his citizenship to protect himself***. There is nothing wrong with using the court system as long as it is done with a right motive and a pure heart.

Bible does admonish us to seek redress against the incorrigible outsiders rather than resulting to self help

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Tell that to Kemi that was jailed
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Morons like this are the reason why we are in this mess in the first place, I asked simple questions none of them don answer me dey just embarrass themselves with the little so called education they think they have.I have been following sahara reporters for years now they don't talk shit about anybody unless there's a reason,maybe you should go question your G.O first before disgracing your lineage on nairaland..Bunch of educated illiterates
Was not Sahara reporters that reported false news about Akpabio (www.google.com/amp/www.informationng.com)
www.nairaland.com/2795080.
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by hucienda: 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

so men of God have no business going to the court? so in other words men of God are higher than the court and higher than the law? so going by your opinion, a man of God who has a court injunction shouldn't honour the invitation because he has no business with the court? Jesus Christ himself was tried at the court in the presence of Pontius Pilate, Jesus Christ advocates that his followers honour the law of the land, pay taxes and give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar, now what is the purpose of the court ? to uphold the law, right? so when anyone regardless of your occupation or position in life is in a country or a place governed by the law of the land and that person feels he or she has been unlawfully accused or slandered as in this case, what does that person do? that person goes to the court of law because the land is governed by the LAW! stupid olodo.

K.O. Mortal Combat Style.
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by IntellectOzone(m): 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Why sue, Pastor Fire on the Mountain? Why not just call Holy Fire upon him like Prophet Elisha?

You called my name?

I may not no the way I called my own fire when I was in trouble that's why

#ProphetElisha
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by mobilitaria: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2018
Why court? Why not just call fire to consume them all? Religion shaa.... chai!
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by michoim(m): 2:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
Good for Sowore... Naughty man of weeds

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: "Buhari Will Use, Dump Tinubu, God Wants Saraki" – Primate Ayodele / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / Your Easter Message Provocative, CAN Demands Apology From FIRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.