Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters (22189 Views)

Police Rearrest Former MFM Chorister Over Libel Against Church Founder, Olukoya / Oyedepo Paid Graduate Pastors ₦38,000 Monthly — Sahara Reporters / Daniel Olukoya Files N10bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by owoshuyi(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
Then judge not, so you won't be judged too. Leave the judgement of Pastors to God.
NotNairalandi:
yes sir..I forgive
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
no.more die by fire? hmm church needs cash by fire by force.
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
ChyOmaa:

Can u work as a dispatch rider?
I don't know my way around much. But yes, I can ride bikes well
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by farem: 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2018
farem:

If the pastor has done otherwise, looking away, you miserable lots will still come here to say that he has been silenced because of the grave 'fact' stashed against him.

The antichrists are programmed in their spirit to attack anything of Christ
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Jesusina(m): 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

Do you know what Libel means? make una dey try read first before you rush to make post on NL, that way you don't make a fool of yourself!
so men of God have no business going to the court? so in other words men of God are higher than the court and higher than the law? so going by your opinion, a man of God who has a court injunction shouldn't honour the invitation because he has no business with the court? Jesus Christ himself was tried at the court in the presence of Pontius Pilate, Jesus Christ advocates that his followers honour the law of the land, pay taxes and give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar, now what is the purpose of the court ? to uphold the law, right? so when anyone regardless of your occupation or position in life is in a country or a place governed by the law of the land and that person feels he or she has been unlawfully accused or slandered as in this case, what does that person do? that person goes to the court of law because the land is governed by the LAW! stupid olodo.

Mr* Nairaland is the place for idiot and senseless people, dis pple U see dem commenting on every issues irrevantly bkos dey are jobless and only beg fpr data.
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by linearity: 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
farem:

Don't whip biblical sentiments here! Bible says we should obey ALL authorities - and I think courts of law are part of these. or would you rather wish Mfm members move out en mass to attack the Sahara reporters boss?

You are obviously qouting Bible upside down :

The whole context of ***1 Corinthians 6:1-6 deals with disputes WITHIN the church (members) ***, but Paul does reference the court system when he speaks of judgments concerning things pertaining to this life. Paul means that the court system exists for matters of this life that are outside the church. Church problems should not be taken to the court system, but should be judged within the church.

Also in Acts chapters 21–22 talk about Paul being arrested and wrongfully accused of a crime he did not commit. The Romans arrested him and “the commander brought Paul inside and ordered him lashed with whips to make him confess his crime. He wanted to find out why the crowd had become so furious. As they tied Paul down to lash him, Paul said to the officer standing there, ‘Is it legal for you to whip a Roman citizen who hasn't even been tried?’” **Paul used the Roman law and his citizenship to protect himself***. There is nothing wrong with using the court system as long as it is done with a right motive and a pure heart.

Bible does admonish us to seek redress against the incorrigible outsiders rather than resulting to self help

The insistances you quote, not one of those court cases was initiated by Paul or Christ or any of the Apostles, they were defendants in those cases.

The Bible also did not say, Christians should retaliate, it admonished Christians to forgive 7x 77 times in a day and to turn the other cheek when smitten.

Jesus said, the world will do these things to you for my sake and that you should pray that God in heaven should forgive them. He examplify this while nailed to the cross, when one of the thieves challenged him, he forgive those who presecuted him unto death.

Philip also forgive and prayed for Saul who later turned to Paul. He did not curse Saul and didn’t take him to court.

Obeying civil laws is not the same taking someone to court before an earthly magistrate. There is no single example in the Bible, where the apostles or early Christians took unbelievers to court or before the rulers of their days because they were slander, if am wrong...please point me to a single verse where it was recorded as such.

We bear the mark of Christ on our body and we been slander is part of the price to paid for been a Christian, for this Christ say we will be rewarded in heaven...that is contrary from taking someone to an earthly court to seek an earthly reward for what we should rightly bear as a result of our faith in Christ...makes one wonder if such ‘Christians’ believe the Bible at all, otherwise you can’t seek redress or reward on earth for the same thing for which you will be rewarded in heaven....you choose from whence your reward and redress should come...heaven or earth, you can’t have it both ways.
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by homebase(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
I am following you and the other brother Biblical references to the issue at hand, i must confess i have gain some insight.

But honestly it is not easy to be a true christian.

linearity:

The insistances you quote, not one of those court cases was initiated by Paul or Christ or any of the Apostles, they were defendants in those cases.

The Bible also did not say, Christians should retaliate, it admonished Christians to forgive 7x 77 times in a day and to turn the other cheek when smitten.

Jesus said, the world will do these things to you for my sake and that you should pray that God in heaven should forgive them. He examplify this while nailed to the cross, when one of the thieves challenged him, he forgive those who presecuted him unto death.

Philip also forgive and prayed for Saul who later turned to Paul. He did not curse Saul and didn’t take him to court.

Obeying civil laws is not the same taking someone to court before an earthly magistrate. There is no single example in the Bible, where the apostles or early Christians took unbelievers to court or before the rulers of their days because they were slander, if am wrong...please point me to a single verse where it was recorded as such.

We bear the mark of Christ on our body and we been slander is part of the price to paid for been a Christian, for this Christ say we will be rewarded in heaven...that is contrary from taking someone to an earthly court to seek an earthly reward for what we should rightly bear as a result of our faith in Christ...makes one wonder if such ‘Christians’ believe the Bible at all, otherwise you can’t seek redress or reward on earth for the same thing for which you will be rewarded in heaven....you choose from whence your reward and redress should come...heaven or earth, you can’t have it both ways.
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by hisgrace090: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

Do you know what Libel means? make una dey try read first before you rush to make post on NL, that way you don't make a fool of yourself!
so men of God have no business going to the court? so in other words men of God are higher than the court and higher than the law? so going by your opinion, a man of God who has a court injunction shouldn't honour the invitation because he has no business with the court? Jesus Christ himself was tried at the court in the presence of Pontius Pilate, Jesus Christ advocates that his followers honour the law of the land, pay taxes and give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar, now what is the purpose of the court ? to uphold the law, right? so when anyone regardless of your occupation or position in life is in a country or a place governed by the law of the land and that person feels he or she has been unlawfully accused or slandered as in this case, what does that person do? that person goes to the court of law because the land is governed by the LAW! stupid olodo.

Must you always tell people how they make fool of themselves?
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Why sue, Pastor Fire on the Mountain? Why not just call Holy Fire upon him like Prophet Elisha?
Brilliant point grin
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by brojoshua: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2018
All these Nigeria pastors, both false and fake. He has his own private business that is wrongly called a church of Christ
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by ChyOmaa(f): 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2018
ajon1:
I don't know my way around much. But yes, I can ride bikes well
What's your location?
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2018
ChyOmaa:
What's your location?
Iyana Ipaja
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by crafteck(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2018
joseo:
Sowore should put his mouth where it belongs and stop gossiping about others

Its his job...
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by babeosisi: 12:52am On Oct 26, 2018
This tells you he knows that shouting die die die doesn't work.
Why couldn't he use his prayer books to handle sowore why go to court?
I hope his followers have enough commonsense to analyze this

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 26, 2018
EmpressT:
Ok. I want to render you a helping hand. Send me an email invite for us to chat.
Thank you
Here is my working email address
Olekumaster@gmail.com
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by EmpressT(f): 11:22am On Oct 26, 2018
Ok. I'll email you right away.
ajon1:
Thank you Here is my working email address Olekumaster@gmail.com
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by MightySparrow: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2018
NotNairalandi:
He is a man of God,he should learn to forgive.if Jesus paid attention to those that said many evil and bad word against him,I think there would be so many court cases in the Bible.

FORGIVENESS is for repentant not for those who write all sorts to destroy another persons hard earned reputation. he should be taught a lesson like kemi olunloyo
Re: Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters by ajl: 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2018
I live in the US and am aware what Sowore referred to in the video was simply what was released in court proceedings. It is no that he was the one who investigated Olukoya. It was the allegations of Olukoya's former church members in the US he had issues that spilling on Olukoya.

So, Sowore was simply referring to allegations in the court proceedings. Olukoya simply want to take advantage of Nigeria corrupt judicial system. He should try filing his libel case in the USA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Easter Message Provocative, CAN Demands Apology From FIRS / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / 2019: "Buhari Will Use, Dump Tinubu, God Wants Saraki" – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.