Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

10 Fun Activities For Kids To Do At Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Fun Activities For Kids To Do At Home (806 Views)

Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad / Brazilian Mum Arrested For Selling EIGHT Of Her Kids To Buy Drugs(Pix) / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Fun Activities For Kids To Do At Home by Promise121(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2018
With such a cold weather my girls spend more time inside*lil sisters*. This means that automatically they watch
more television, which is something I don’t want them to do. Don’t get me wrong I can honestly say
that I have become a great fan of Dora the Explorer and Sponge bob “thanks to my girls” but, I do
not want them glue to the TV the whole day. I want them to use their imagination, learn new things
and get rid of some energy. So, I schedule many activities with them during the day. In return I see
that they have less time to pull each others hair because they are busy having fun. However, they
are not the only ones enjoying themselves; they are giving me more space when engaged on individual
activities and better yet! I am also having more fun with them. Yes, I have released my inner kid
and you can too. Here is a list of fun thing to do with kids at home:
• Always have plenty of crayons and a special place for your kids. So, that they can use just for
creating their little Picasso drawings. Make sure you praise their efforts. The special place can be
a little activity table or even in the floor.
• Always have at home: construction paper, glue, children scissors etc. have them create paper
crafts. For example draw a heart cut it, pasted with glue on construction paper, and add some glue
with glitter for decorative purposes.
• Put on children’s music and dance like there is no tomorrow with them. If you are truly in the
mood of superstar/goofy then you can pretend to sing with a microphone and have your kids play their
toy instruments and vice versa.
• For special days such as holiday’s and birthdays make easy to do crafts with your child and give
crafts to friends and family as gifts. Don’t forget to tell your love ones how much help you got
from your little assistants.
• Bake cookies or cake and let them help you.
• Challenge your little Einstein’s brain with blocks and puzzles.
• Read stories
• Play dress up
• Hide a toy and help them find it by leaving little clues like blues clues cartoon.
• Play games similar to Simon says, hide and seek etc.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Fun Activities For Kids To Do At Home by topshore(f): 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
OK thank you.
Re: 10 Fun Activities For Kids To Do At Home by Victor8st: 4:47pm On May 20, 2020
Thank you, this is a very useful publication! We also have a lot of colored pencils, markers, and paints for creativity. Also, our kids like to sculpt figures from the mass for modeling. We play them video lessons on YouTube and they draw together with artists, and sculpt figures together with creative artists. Besides, we love to play board games, it is very exciting. We spend a great time with the family playing our favorite board games. In addition, I found free printable worksheets for kids with fun activities. Our kids like them very much. These worksheets have such interesting and exciting tasks that children solve them playing and don't even notice how they learn something new. Everyone knows that the best learning happens during the game. If you want to know what I'm talking about, you can check out this link https://www.99worksheets.com, I'm sure your children will like these worksheets.

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Child Must Not Fail WAEC Exam 2019 / Please Advice Me,how Can I Seek Custody Of My Child / Mother Reveals The Technique She Uses To Feed Her Son Whenever He Refuses To Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.