Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts (33402 Views)

Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) / BREAKING!!! Young Shall Grow Luxurious Bus Burnt To Ashes In Umuahia (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by ruyozik: 11:28am On Oct 25, 2018
THIS IS THE TESTIMONY OF A SATISFIED CLIENT WHO MISTAKEN TRANSFERRED N490,000 INSTEAD OF N49,000 FOR HIS WEBSITE PROJECT

In the exact words of Mr. Etim, CEO of Cobos Shoes – A PortHarcourt and Ghana based Businessman

‘I was astonished by the swift and efficient customer relation in giving me a simple but professional website and importantly thanks for your integrity, after making mistake of paying N490,000 instead of N49,000 which was suppose to be 70% for the job, my money was reversed within an hour. With the fact that I have not been to the office before since I only read your advert on Nairaland forum’

Sincerely, you guys deserve some accolades. Nice job, pls keep it up.

CEO, Cobos Shoes’

We are a next generation Web, Mobile & Training Solutions, Multimedia Designs and Digital Marketing outfit that is rooted in innovation and drive – with us, ICT connects business solutions. We don’t walk; we run. We dream, and then we do. Our ideas are limitless, but our results are purposeful. Bigger still is our collective pursuit of positive change – the innovations that will move business and brands forward in new and exciting directions.

SERVICES INCLUDE:

- WEBSITE/ECOMMERCE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT
- ONLINE/DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING & MANAGEMENT
- GRAPHICS & MULTIMEDIA BRANDING DESIGNS
- ICT TRAINING & RE-TRAINING

If you are still a doubting ‘Uncle Thomas’ in the word of Union Bank, then we can’t help you!

Avoid Development Quacks that. Contact us now and get service/training deliveries we GUARANTEE you cant get anywhere else at same values!
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by polite2(m): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2018
That company should be ban for this singular action.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Emusan(m): 11:29am On Oct 25, 2018
This is the reason we need to root for Decentralized Intelligent Security System (DISS) both for home and car.

Under DISS such driver wouldn't have allowed to drive in the first place.

Check my signature for more...
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by sacx: 11:32am On Oct 25, 2018
Young Shall Grow should get themselves geared up for a multi million naira lawsuit
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by BarrElChapo(m): 11:33am On Oct 25, 2018
vivaciousvivi:
We don't know our rights in this country I swear.
The survivors should band up and get a tort Lawyer. Sue the company as a Group.
They also need to keep evidence of the calls made to the company that night.

PS: Seun pls sort this Error 502 gateway issue once and for all na undecided

you're either a lawyer or a john grisham enthusiast

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by DMerciful(m): 11:35am On Oct 25, 2018
It's only a tree that will see you coming to cut it and do nothing. How come the men in the vehicle were not able to overpower the driver? How can a driver be drinking and smoking while driving and you are waiting to reach a check point? Same way Nigerians are waiting for Buhary to crash this Nigerian bus beyond repair. Thank God election is near!
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Godyke(m): 11:38am On Oct 25, 2018
One thing I know is that most of the account given are false and mere exaggeration of what actually happened. It is a common sight for drivers to drink while driving but not alcohol. They mostly drinks Energy Drinks, chew either kolanut or chewy stick to keep them alert through the night. But As for the reckless driving, it is difficult to determine that in a Big size Luxury bus especially during night journeys when most of the passengers are always fast asleep. Btw, how did they know that the driver smoked or drank when the is a partition between the passenger hall and driver's cabin. I am not completely dismissing the possibility of their claims but just a food for thought.
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by TreasureJunky: 11:39am On Oct 25, 2018
From the survivors reports, it's obvious that driver was sent on a mission,, and he accomplished his mission neatly

Blood suckers everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by madridsta007(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:
One of the men should have gone there to forcefully stop the car... God was showing you guys signal but you took it for granted by making yeye call when your lives is the one at stake here.

True. But why are Nigerians like that? Nigerians will largely prefer to live in hope than take the risk and stop the driver. In fact if someone does it, other passengers are more likely to pick up a quarrel with that person than the driver.

It reminds me of a flight I had on Air Peace to PH. A highly intoxicated passenger was allowed to get on the flight and sit near the emergency door. Mid-air he started misbehaving, trying to open the emergency door. Other passengers sat on their seat shouting “Jesus!” “Jesus!!” as if God hasn’t given them legs and hands to act. I got up from mine, went over to the unruly passenger and forced him back to my seat, which was behind his, and sat on his own near the emergency exit. He was so drunk that he didn’t feel the hot slaps I gave him.

Much later the hostesses and pilots came to thank me, telling me that they saw him with empty alcohol bottles before the flight. It’s against airline ethics that such passengers get on flights let alone sitting near emergency exits.

Anyway, I am not surprised with this The Young shall Grow incident. Nigerians will prefer to sit down and hope and pray than to act.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Gerrard59(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2018
The Young Shall Grow Motors is one of if not the most useless transport firm I've patronised in my life. These folks are extremely ridiculous in their operations, incompetent in dealings, unapologetic when they are clearly at fault and most of all, they are highly mendacious.

If not for the sake of privacy, I'd have written my ordeals from those fvcktards!

Their incompetence is legendary!

Modified: I just read the post, I'm livid!

Next time, I'd fly. Na me say make I experience Nigeria by road.

2 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 25, 2018
Nigeria is not a good place to travel at Night. Travelling during the day sef needs prayers and alertness. If you can avoid it pls do, don't travel at Night.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Albinoflash(m): 11:51am On Oct 25, 2018
If u want to get to lagos from onitsha in 5hrs just use young motors.those their drivers they run 380km/hr

3 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by mekaboy(m): 11:51am On Oct 25, 2018
So driver was driving rubbish from Enugu to Ogun and you people did nothing for hours of reckless driving.

One person should have asked the driver to stop for him to ease himself. Then bring him down for mass beating.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by talithakum: 11:54am On Oct 25, 2018
Gboy101:
do people still enter Young shall grow buses? their accident rate is alarming this period. what are the federal road safety doing concerning young shall grow? and who will pay for the deaths of 9 people and those injured in this dastardly act.
someone needs to be held responsible.

... not until we dissolved this country things like this will keep repeating itself. all drivers should be sent for medical test, from drugs, alcohol and fitness. until then we will keep hearing things like this.

god is good is still the best transport service in Nigeria. I am not doing ads for them. but its the fact. why people are boycotting them is that they are expensive to travel.

lastly. the Nigeria police have a long way to go. the worst police in the world under idris abubarker a Muslim extremist is a shame and need to be used as study in university worldwide of a failed police force.

'God is good is still the best transport company...'
How frequently do you travel with them to arrive at this erroneous conclusion?.
Have you entered their buses of recent? and when I say recent, I mean since august 2018 ?.

The same GIGM whose buses burst into flames on Benin ore road i n August?.

The same GIGM that dispatch half dead buses for long distance journeys?.

The same GiGM whose pilots sometimes sleep on duty?

The same GiGM that allow sick drivers convey passengers?.

The same GIGM that can't keep to scheduled time?.

GiGM used to be the best transport company until they allowed mediocrity sip into their organisation.

Nobody is boycotting GiGM because of their fares. People like comfort and safety and when they can no longer get it from GiGM, they seek alternatives.

Always ensure your facts are correct before coming to misinform the public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by AFONJACOW(m): 11:54am On Oct 25, 2018
you people asked for it, why not drag him out beat him to stupor, tie him with rope and dump him inside boot, don't tell me one man can over power the whole passenger

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by nike4love: 11:55am On Oct 25, 2018
Nigerians re too docile nd weak,even when there lives is at stake..... this is the same reason our politicians play us all the time.... ur driver drinking while behind the wheels nd all u have is make calls... some will even not utter a word as if they have seven lives.... now many re dead nd the funny thing is that the mumu driver survived
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by mhizcassidy001(f): 11:58am On Oct 25, 2018
you mean to the dead or the dead family i yam not understanding u
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The painful thing about such accidents is that no one will even refund you the money you spent on the ticket.
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2018
BarrElChapo:

you're either a lawyer or a john grisham enthusiast
Guilty as charged grin

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by BluntBoy(m): 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
Someone should have held a weapon to his neck and ordered him to park.

That was how I entered a bus in Lagos and the driver was driving as if he was travelling to the United States when he was merely taking us from Ojota to Oshodi. I told him, "Oga, please, take it easy now. Abi no be Oshodi we dey go ni?" He said, "Oga, come take the steering na".

Then, I used to keep a pen knife. I just pulled it out and held it to his throat. Immediately he parked, I jumped down and found another bus.

3 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by lebete3000: 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
mailtimi:
One of the survivors of the Young Shall Grow Motors accident that occurred as Ajese in Ogun State, has revealed that the driver drank and smoked excessively before the accident that killed 10 of the passengers happened.

According to a report by Punch Metro, the driver also threatened to deal with the passengers that cautioned him while driving recklessly.

Some of the passengers allegedly called the telephone number of Young Shall Grow to complain about the driver’s recklessness, and the company reportedly promised to address the issue.

It was gathered that when the passengers called back, the phone rang out several times before it was switched off until tragedy struck.

The bus driver was said to have rammed into a stationary truck around 5.30am on Monday, killing nine persons on the spot, while the 10th victim died in a hospital.

One of the survivors, Godwin Ikechukwu, said the passengers left the Enugu park without any premonition that danger was ahead.

He said,

Ikechukwu said when the vehicle got to a police checkpoint, one of the females on the bus alerted the policemen, who ignored her.

“She waved at the policemen to stop the bus, but the officers did not listen maybe because they did not understand what she was saying. Subsequently, whenever we approached any other checkpoint, the driver raced past them and refused to stop,

The woman, who was injured in the hand, said, “I shouted, ‘Oga help us, help us talk to the driver,’ but they did not do anything.”

Another passenger said the driver threatened them for trying to report him to the police.

she said.

An official of the transport company contacted on Wednesday declined comment.

He said:

“What is a journalist doing on my phone? Go to the scene and ask for what you need. Thank you.”

SOURCE: https://naijalog.com/young-shall-grow-bus-driver-drank-smoked-before-the-accident-survivor-recounts-ordeal/

All d passion I had for YSG just flew thru d window. As from today, they'll be my last option.

What a useless company in a useless country.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by onegig(m): 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:
One of the men should have gone there to forcefully stop the car... God was showing you guys signal but you took it for granted by making yeye call when your lives is the one at stake here.

Forcefully stop a moving truck? You sure want to cause the accident yourself abi. You guys should use your brains for once. Drag the steering with a driver.

The best they could have done was when they were at the police post and they did going by the narrative.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by troublemakea(m): 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2018
Babastag:
And they did not drop ASAP
you should have taught them how to fly out of a moving vehicle na undecided

2 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Negotiate: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
Eledan:
Really sad!

In such a situation, just disembark during the next stop.

It’s a night bus. You can’t stop nowhere at 2am
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by troublemakea(m): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
Godyke:

Imagine what you are saying. How can you know the true state of a driver when he is neither your husband or your employee. You hardly know or see who the real driver is until e few minute before take off time. This is solely the responsibility of the bus company safety unit to decide.

Exactly. ...dont mind them ignorant mofos when in their terminal the only thing u hear is the bus kick starting... people even hardly see the faces of luxurious bus drivers bfr transit

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by spiralwedge(m): 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
If you are wise, you would desist from using YSG.

There are many crucial things to grab from the op.

Their comment to the journalist is a no no, that kinda sealed it. YSG, never.
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by gentlezypher: 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:
in a marcopolo bus, you hardly have access to the driver while on motion

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by gentlezypher: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
Gboy101:
do people still enter Young shall grow buses? their accident rate is alarming this period. what are the federal road safety doing concerning young shall grow? and who will pay for the deaths of 9 people and those injured in this dastardly act.
someone needs to be held responsible.

... not until we dissolved this country things like this will keep repeating itself. all drivers should be sent for medical test, from drugs, alcohol and fitness. until then we will keep hearing things like this.

god is good is still the best transport service in Nigeria. I am not doing ads for them. but its the fact. why people are boycotting them is that they are expensive to travel.

lastly. the Nigeria police have a long way to go. the worst police in the world under idris abubarker a Muslim extremist is a shame and need to be used as study in university worldwide of a failed police force.
some people prefer night journies to day,GIG may not carry the loads these luxury buses carry too
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by troublemakea(m): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
Godyke:
One thing I know is that most of the account given are false and mere exaggeration of what actually happened. It is a common sight for drivers to drink while driving but not alcohol. They mostly drinks Energy Drinks, chew either kolanut or chewy stick to keep them alert through the night. But As for the reckless driving, it is difficult to determine that in a Big size Luxury bus especially during night journeys when most of the passengers are always fast asleep. Btw, how did they know that the driver smoked or drank when the is a partition between the passenger hall and driver's cabin. I am not completely dismissing the possibility of their claims but just a food for thought.

but wait o you kinda have a point o

they said the driver later came out to threaten the passangers while threatening or planning to

1. the bus must have been parked

2. so they mean to tell me only women were in the bus or why is it no man ws able to stand up to the driver?

3. How do they know the driver ws drinking? where did they see him drinking as most passangers dont even know the driver until minutes bfr transit

it's really a food for thought actually
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by slimzypink(f): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
Bastard rivers if u tell them they are speeding they start shouting on you
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Eledan: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
Negotiate:

It’s a night bus. You can’t stop nowhere at 2am

That is incorrect! They do have stops...most especially in petrol filling stations.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by richeso: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2018
i don't trust news from unknown source.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Die In Fatal Accident In Enugu (Photos) / Three Dead As Splash Passport Boat Sinks Canoe In Rivers State. Graphic Photos / Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.