Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts (33420 Views)

Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) / BREAKING!!! Young Shall Grow Luxurious Bus Burnt To Ashes In Umuahia (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by newdawn2017(f): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2018
Guapismo:
These drivers make a lot of money daily, but the drinks and smokes and other useless things they buy make them look tattered and poor
Walayi! undecided
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by kunmiiii: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
abmethod:
Rip to the dead.. like for Atiku share for Buhari

You're highly insensitive and callous...those two people you're asking for likes and shares for are one of the remote causes of such accidents.
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by mechanics(m): 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
Olalan:
Most accidents are due to human error...... RIP to the dead
Sure.
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Memyselfu2009(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
The problem we have is thats travellers are willing to risk there life just to get to there destination.
I left Delta state 14th Oct 2018 with my in law husband from my step mum burial i was heading to lagos he was driving to Kogi state i stop at The bypass at benin took an Au car to lagos we notice the car was not moving well he stop at a filling station to check tire did wheel balancing and he also pump the tire, i notice thats the back tire was swollen, you wouldnt believe that the driver was willing to drive is with a bad swollen tire down to lagos immediately i told the driver to pack thats i cant risk my life like all passengers where looking at me. I say driver pack i no dey go lagos with this kind car. All passenger kept quite they where all willing to go lagos. I had to ring customer care to send a better car. After series of call one hour later they brought another car.
So bad thats they lost there life but my question is thats the driver would have stop for them to eat they wouldnt have continue the journey with him.

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by mechanics(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
The company didn't also help matters, assuming they responded to the complain of one of the passenger, the incident would have been avoided, they should install speed limit device on all their vehicles to checkmate errant drivers.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Quinic(m): 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
please this should be posted on twitter so the company should be cautioned.
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Augustap(f): 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The painful thing about such accidents is that no one will even refund you the money you spent on the ticket.
Pls i'm begging you, even if it's once in a year, try to be sensible... Biko nu grin grin
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Gangster1ms: 2:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ysg motors has been fraudulent since time immemorial. Those numbers and e-mail at the back of their bus ticket are just for decoration. Shi, the email doesn't even exist, if u doubt me try and send a mail grin

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The painful thing about such accidents is that no one will even refund you the money you spent on the ticket.
Chucks! Chucks!!
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
mistercardinal:
This is terrible.... Chief Vincent Obianodo should fish out the driver and hand him over to the police where he'll be tried for deliberately murder
That man is not ready for business. He should visit God is Good to get tutorials
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2018
madridsta007:

True. But why are Nigerians like that? Nigerians will largely prefer to live in hope than take the risk and stop the driver. In fact if someone does it, other passengers are more likely to pick up a quarrel with that person than the driver.

It reminds me of a flight I had on Air Peace to PH. A highly intoxicated passenger was allowed to get on the flight and sit near the emergency door. Mid-air he started misbehaving, trying to open the emergency door. Other passengers sat on their seat shouting “Jesus!” “Jesus!!” as if God hasn’t given them legs and hands to act. I got up from mine, went over to the unruly passenger and forced him back to my seat, which was behind his, and sat on his own near the emergency exit. He was so drunk that he didn’t feel the hot slaps I gave him.

Much later the hostesses and pilots came to thank me, telling me that they saw him with empty alcohol bottles before the flight. It’s against airline ethics that such passengers get on flights let alone sitting near emergency exits.

Anyway, I am not surprised with this The Young shall Grown incident. Nigerians will prefer to sit down and hope and pray than to act.

You tried...
See them mentioning me as if what I said was wrong. If at all forcefully stopping a moving vehicle would cause an accident, am sure it wouldn't be very fatal,
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by icogb: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
yjgm:
Can you imagine. But the passengers too should always ensure they observe and know the true state of these drivers before allowing them drive them.
Our driver from Onitsha to Kaduna was cool until we reached Obollo- Afor nd dat was d end. Our saviour? Some members of the paramilitary noticed his driving from their vehicle nd put calls across d nearest check point ahead of us. #We blame ourselves alot his country#

2 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by richiepolymer(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
angry

Point of correction.
Dissolving the country doesn't solve any problem talk less of erasing accidents. How can anarchy be a solution?
Secondly I guess you're not a regular traveler, else you won't be showering praises on GIG motors so much. Maybe you didn't hear or see the most recent accident of GIG motor in which the driver slept off while the seat 1 passenger slept too.

Gboy101:
do people still enter Young shall grow buses? their accident rate is alarming this period. what are the federal road safety doing concerning young shall grow? and who will pay for the deaths of 9 people and those injured in this dastardly act.
someone needs to be held responsible.

... not until we dissolved this country things like this will keep repeating itself. all drivers should be sent for medical test, from drugs, alcohol and fitness. until then we will keep hearing things like this.

god is good is still the best transport service in Nigeria. I am not doing ads for them. but its the fact. why people are boycotting them is that they are expensive to travel.

lastly. the Nigeria police have a long way to go. the worst police in the world under idris abubarker a Muslim extremist is a shame and need to be used as study in university worldwide of a failed police force.
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Yuceeluv(f): 2:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
December is here...sacrificial lambs..may God protect us.
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by madridsta007(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:

You tried...
See them mentioningm me as if what I said was wrong. If at all forcefully stopping a moving vehicle would cause an accident be, am sure it wouldn't be very fatal,

There are a few instances where one can take control of the bus. 1. When the driver slows down for a checkpoint. 2. When they stop to use a restroom. 3. When they stop to eat.

But I bet you, most Nigerians will ignore those instances and keep on hoping and praying they get to their stop.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Hoodbilonia: 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2018
daz why i enter eagle line
eagle line.
no history of road accidentz
i fear God is Good
young shall grow
aktc
them dey tear speed for inside pot hole
u feel say na off road hummer u dey turbo ba
what nonsense
he even threstened them.
if na say dem report give dah soldier for ore checkpoint
wey geh body
dah soldier for reset him brain with slap.
the other day the soldier tear one hefty igbo guy better slap
him with the phone wey he dey wan use make call for soldier check point land for ground.
guy wey dey shout before. wey vibrate
sojo tear am just one heavy slap ..gbah.. d guy quiet he nor fit talk again.
me jus move back.begin beg o. cause dia driver go brush us cause scene for ore. na im soldier sight us.

he smoked heavily. was it s.k or cold benson.
he even drank and una still enter the bus
wtf

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Godyke(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
I do not agree with the passenger that claimed he spoke with the customer care unit of the company even if the number on the receipt went through. The receiver of the call was definitely not a customer care agent but Someone who happened to be to be near the phone and heard it ring and decided to pick it. You don't expect customer care line to be 24 hours in this part of the world. Night trips are illegal that is why the federal road safety dont work at that time. It is both at the passenger's and the company's risk. I am not sure if any insurance company would accept to insure night journey except if it is a registered express parcel/cargo delivery service
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by icogb: 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2018
Memyselfu2009:
The problem we have is thats travellers are willing to risk there life just to get to there destination.
I left Delta state 14th Oct 2018 with my in law husband from my step mum burial i was heading to lagos he was driving to Kogi state i stop at The bypass at benin took an Au car to lagos we notice the car was not moving well he stop at a filling station to check tire did wheel balancing and he also pump the tire, i notice thats the back tire was swollen, you wouldnt believe that the driver was willing to drive is with a bad swollen tire down to lagos immediately i told the driver to pack thats i cant risk my life like all passengers where looking at me. I say driver pack i no dey go lagos with this kind car. All passenger kept quite they where all willing to go lagos. I had to ring customer care to send a better car. After series of call one hour later they brought another car.
So bad thats they lost there life but my question is thats the driver would have stop for them to eat they wouldnt have continue the journey with him.
Ours took his own Ogogoro at Obollo Afor which happen to be his last stop.
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by naijafox(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2018
Rip
That's why I use big Joe, they have old and experience driver, they are family men that want to return back to their family safely and also avoid night journey
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by majamajic(m): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
Olalan:
Most accidents are due to human error...... RIP to the dead
all accident happens by human error,
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by LIVEBYTRUTH: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
These Ember months if you're traveling please be very careful, most of these transport owners are ritualists , the driver would never be punished he has accomplished his job, take my words or leave them, The young shall motors will never do anything to this lunatic driver, it all started from ignoring the second phone call, next the phone was switched off, because the driver was doing their bargain . Many of the drivers are from his Nneni town in Anambra state. Be warned .

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Chinny024(f): 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
On the contrary that transport company is now Young shall die...I said Holy Ghost fire!!!
We're covered by the blood of Jesus Christ...
I shall not die young.. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by teflonjake(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:
The passengers should have alighted from the bus ........

How far you?
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Lexusgs430: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2018
teflonjake:

How far you?

I dey o, like teflon nothing fit stain me ......

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by teflonjake(m): 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I dey o, like teflon nothing fit stain me ......

You bone me oooo....
You still get my whatsapp
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Lexusgs430: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
Memyselfu2009:

Never seen a heavily pregnant tyre before...... This is the reason tyre explodes on the highways and untrained drivers, would step on the brakes immediately their tyre explodes ..........
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Lexusgs430: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2018
teflonjake:

You bone me oooo....
You still get my whatsapp

Me ke? Nah dog I sabi wey dey chop bone o ...... You still get my whatsapp?
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by teflonjake(m): 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Me ke? Nah dog I sabi wey dey chop bone o ...... You still get my whatsapp?

Nooooo, I no get am
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Lexusgs430: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2018
teflonjake:

Nooooo, I no get am

I get your own before?
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by Smartii(m): 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
So pitiful, had I been a passenger, we would gang up, when he slows down, push him out of the car, I would rather drive the bus than risk my life, He would meet us in Lagos biko. Now that some are Dead, the deed is done already, the devil that pushed him had left him finally. Young shall grow, me I no dey first fancy them.
Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by henrybomb(m): 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
yjgm:
Can you imagine. But the passengers too should always ensure they observe and know the true state of these drivers before allowing them drive them.
How is that possible, when you don't get to see the drivers until the bus is full.
Stop talking like this

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts by teflonjake(m): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I get your own before?

Apologies, wrong quote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian With Permanent US Resident, Almost Denied Entry To Visa Free Country / Three Dead As Splash Passport Boat Sinks Canoe In Rivers State. Graphic Photos / 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.