Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) (51576 Views)

Ibadan Explosion: Before And After Photos Of A Lucky Survivor / Nigerian Community Donates Relief Materials For Turkey Earthquake Victims / No Survivor In Lekki Fatal Accident As Seven Youths Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by 2mercy: 8:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
Emmanuel Olaitan Johnson, a Nigerian who survived the earthquake that killed over 5,000 people has narrated how he and his family members escaped.

Daily Trust had reported how a 7.8 magnitude earthquake, which hit Turkey on Monday, had a devastating effect on felt in Syria, which shares border with Turkey.

Speaking with BBC Pidgin, Johnson said he knew all was not well after he noticed the crack on the wall of his building.

I was in my building and I noticed it was shaking but I wasn’t perturbed at first. But when I saw a crack in the wall, I grabbed my wife and children and ran out of the house.
“As I speak to you, I and my family are now homeless,” he told BBC Pidgin.

Johnson, a Nigerian living in Gaziantep, one of the affected cities in Turkey, explained that he had just finished watching the 9/11 terrorist attack documentary before the incident began.

According to Jonhson, before my house broke down, I ran inside twice to pick shoes for myself, wife and children and also pick up our documents.

He added that the incident began around 4:17 am in the morning.

According to him, we are dressed in singlets and boxers and my children were walking in the snow with barefoot.

“While I was using my building’s staircase, I almost lost my footing while climbing because of the earthquake’s magnitude and how the building was shaking,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/how-my-family-escaped-earthquake-nigerian-survivor-speaks/

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Eriokanmi: 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
Wow! Thank God for your life. That Ghanaian international too survived it. All our biz partners in Turkey too survived it. May God console the family of the victims . Amin!

In Nigeria, no earthquake or natural disasters. All we have been battling is LEADERSHIPquake. We shall get it right someday. Nigeria would have been the best country to work and live.

160 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Righteousness2(m): 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
Wonderful news! Praise to GOD for HIS Mercy on you and your Family.

One fact that I saw clearly in these few days is that, it won't take GOD a minute to destroy this world and Everything in it.

One of the events that will crumble and level the Earth during the Great tribulation is an Earthquake.
Revelation 16:17-18
Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, “It is done!” And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such a mighty and great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth“.

We are living right inside the HOLY BIBLE.
We are living in the last of the last moments of this earth.

JESUS CHRIST IS COMING QUICKLY!
This Ship is sinking Fast!
Run into JESUS CHRIST before it will be late.

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by nepapole(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
May GOD console the family of the dead and grant the living safety, good health and long life

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by juman(m): 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
Happy for him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Lionmachala(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
Glory be to God... Righteousness ur attention is needed
Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by juman(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
Small small quake is usual in some parts of the area.

Here in africa, we suppose to be the paradise of the world, if not for bad management.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Sonnobax15(m): 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2023
grin
Las las,no where like home grin. Chebi when we dey tell una,una no dey believe?

Meanwhile,as Turkey dey suffer from earthquake,na so my very beloved and big for nothing country still dey suffer from APC-quake..

Wahala.....It is well cha....Thank God for their lives....

12 Likes

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Goldbw122(m): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
There is God.
Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Reelmii: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Wat God cannot do...

2 Likes

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by money121(m): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Omg
Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by dayleke: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
May the souls of the departed RIP.

🙏

2 Likes

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by taretoofine(m): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nigeria own na corruption quake

God indeed has blessed Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Goodies321: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
God
Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Passionate888: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
He tried o, ran inside the house more than once

5 Likes

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Rahkman: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Tectonic plates wahala

1 Like

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Isther: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Just go and thank God, what a sad story
Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by ashawopikin(m): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
In Nigeria na bad leadership we get, that one sef pass earthquakes

3 Likes

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Jennyclay(f): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
alhamdulillah

1 Like

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by inoki247: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
I no even understand this life again sef u can run away from Nigeria and life will still feel like dealing with you...

5 Likes

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by tonididdy(m): 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
embarassed Sad …

My friend is usually based in turkey for months but somehow he’s being in Nigeria even before last years festive period.

He was literarily crying when he saw photos from familiar places he knew
If you ever lived in a high rise building, you would understand why so many lives have being lost so far.

8 Likes

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by temitope27(m): 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Congratulations to you and your family

2 Likes

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by taretoofine(m): 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nigeria own na corruptionQuake

God indeed has blessed this country

1 Like

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by BloomingDale(f): 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Japa people no wan collect. Las, las everyone go chop breakfast.
Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by handsomeyinka(m): 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Indelibleage: 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
God saved him.
That's for a purpose.
That's a warning of some sort.
When the devil do evangelism, his converts to hell used to be massive.
Grace was and is still at work for him and others too.
Don't wait until grace, yes, saving grace is exhausted before you receive it to your utmost advantage.
That grace is Jesus (Titus 2:11; John 1:16).
Accept the Grace of God tonight, next moment may be too late.

7 Likes

Re: How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) by Emmanuel909090: 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Wow, congratulations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / The Bad Image Of Nigeria Abroad. Kenyans Blast Nigerians / Driver Loses Control, Ends Up In Casket Shop, Seller Insists He Must Buy All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.