Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research (728 Views)

10% Of Moms Aren't Sure Who Fathered Their Babies - UK Poll / New Japanese Device Allows Dads To Breastfeed Their Babies / Wife Slams Husband For His Derogatory Comment On Women Who Miscarry Their Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by Kingsmeal: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
A London university student believes they've come up with a way for dads to breastfeed their babies.

Marie-Claire Springham, a product design student at Central Saint Martins, is in the process of making a "chestfeeding kit" to enable dads breastfeed their newborns.

The idea behind the product is for dads to be able to help mums who are struggling to breastfeed or mums who are too sick or incapacitated after childbirth.

Still in the conception stage, the kit is yet to be tested, but contains a cocktail of hormones that the man would take while his partner is pregnant, in order to "grow milk ducts". The main hormone is progestin, a form of the female sex hormone progesterone, which helps to stimulate the production of milk-producing glands.

This would be followed by a round of domperidone which is often given to mums who are experiencing difficulties with breastfeeding as it encourages the production of prolactin, a hormone which tells the woman's body to produce milk.

However, there is one major possible side effect to taking the female hormones. Which is that the man could grow "moobs" or man boobs, up to a b cup until they stop taking the hormones.
As well as the different hormones, the chestfeeding kit also contains a pump and a compression vest, which is very similar to a maternity bra.

Marie-Claire hopes her idea will help to stop fathers from feeling left out when raising their baby and believes the kit could be available in five years time.
Her design for the kit recently won an award at the Meaning-Centred Design Awards.

However, in order to make the product available for purchase, it would need to be rigorously tested as it is not known how much milk a man could produce, or if it would even be nutritious for the baby.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/fathers-may-soon-be-breastfeeding-their-babies-research/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by MightySparrow: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2018
End time fathers
Re: Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
angry Absolutely no.

Can you all imagine Xàos.... first of his name, King of savagery & first men, Lord of the seven Kingdoms, and protector of the realm with a prominent B cup breast!!

Hell no.

Please, I don't want cancer from the hormones.

Also I don't want my ancestors to wriggle and cry in
their graves. Nor for my testosterone to zap away and my balls to shrink and die.

So dear unborn child, I didn't suck my father's breast. As such you wouldn't suck mine. Not when cows are alive.

1 Like

Re: Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by oz4real83(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
This is the easiest way of introducing breast cancer to men. The disadvantage fast outweighs the advantages although it is a good idea. There are other good alternatives to feed babies whose mothers have health complications which are still very reliable and effective.

1 Like

Re: Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by beeblack: 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
Very soon women will be impregnating men
Re: Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by CreepyBlackpool: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2018
feminists sef
Re: Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by LadySarah: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
Let the men experience sore nipples grin grin,breast engorgement and mastisis.

1 Like

Re: Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2018
We don't only want to breastfeed. We want to give birth too. grin Pls they should find a way to rewire our anatomy and give us a uterus and a vagina. We can't allow the women to keep taking the credits. grin

lalasticlala over to you. grin
Re: Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by IMASTEX: 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2018
wey you. Carry your research go one side on this matter oh
Re: Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by jeff1607(m): 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
Kolewerk
Re: Fathers May Soon Be Breastfeeding Their Babies — Research by Chubhie: 7:27am On Oct 28, 2018
For the Meninist, this is highly welcomed. Feminist have for so long enjoyed exclusive rights in bonding with the seeds and fruits from our loins.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please View and help share.. Missing Girl.... / Lady Narrates How She Gave Birth The Day She Found Out She Was Pregnant / Lady Says A Real Man Supports His Woman Even If Pregnant For Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.