Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son (47110 Views)

Outrage After Girl’s Panties Was Used As Evidence To Clear Man Of Rape / Al Jazeera Shares Video Of Ochanya, 13-year-old Girl Raped To Death / Nigerian Man Arrested After Girl Was Gang Raped To Death In Italy. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Ytea(f): 11:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
zedman1:
Babe, but no be everything we must complain about na, if nobody chooses to name a street in that locality in memory of the girl people will still complain. Social media sef.
You read wrong that's why you think I'm complaining. Naming a street after a person is cool, really cool but in her case, to what end is it? when those who killed her are roaming free, last I read, the man was granted bail, his wife claimed not to know about what happened in her home for five years and nothing was said concerning the son. Plus alot of little girls are being raped daily. Is naming a street after dead girls the most important? Should it come before Justice?
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by legibow: 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
pointblank247:
Nice one but that man and his boy should be dealt with seriously. On a litter note that ogbanje of a surname mean something wey get as e be for my place
benue people never stop amazing me.... Which one is this one, will this clean ties from her family face.....na wa
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ytea:
Will naming a street after her stop numerous little girls from being raped? Will it ensure that rapists are doused in petrol and set ablaze immediately they are caught?

This is an unnecessary act. Until young girls are safe in their parent's houses, at school and everywhere else, until justice prevail over the beast and his son who caused her so much trauma, I see no point in this.

This is quite necessary, am shocked u don't know so.

Meanwhile the beastband his son are alleged suspects. We need a thorough investigation to ascertain what truly happened.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by chiedozie198100: 11:58pm On Oct 25, 2018
pointblank247:
Nice one but that man and his boy should be dealt with seriously. On a litter note that ogbanje of a surname mean something wey get as e be for my place

No two of them should go to that post n crawl on bare knees, for six hours everyday.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by babeosisi: 12:12am On Oct 26, 2018
Medicine after death
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by babeosisi: 12:15am On Oct 26, 2018
I wonder why you all are hung up.on her last name.
She didn't give herself her family name and moreover it must mean something else in her language
Afterall Olaniyi,a popular Yoruba name means a useless somebody in Igbo
The name Amosun is similar to Amosu which means witch in Igboland

5 Likes

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by OyiOtukpo: 12:15am On Oct 26, 2018
Ogbanje is a surname, not first name
quote author=Laple0541 post=72412020] The girl name sef de fear person, "Ogbanje"[/quote]
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by nokatakata: 12:35am On Oct 26, 2018
naming street is not enough. Just kill the two ŕapist in broad day light and let the case die. you cannot be keeping rapist and murderers in the jail and still be wasting tax payers money feeding them. So long as yiu have confrimed and they have accepted they are guilty, just kill them asap. it's very unfair for the rapists to still be alive as we speak ..oh i miss the days of firing squad...them for don tie the basta.rds fire them like 100 bullets for body.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Moveonmax: 12:35am On Oct 26, 2018
If the girl hadn't died, she might be broken beyond repair emotionally. MPDs comes to mind. Cold world ...
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Slurity(m): 2:01am On Oct 26, 2018
pointblank247:
when it comes to giving names, Otukpo people are very senseless. They even give names to their children and ask the father and mother of the child the meaning of the name they will say, we don't know the meaning, we just know that someone use to be call that name. 70% of names from Idoma land don't have any idoma meaning.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Slurity(m): 2:05am On Oct 26, 2018
70% of Idoma names don't have any idoma meaning, so I am not surprise by that Ogbanje name. senseless tribe

1 Like

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by PNomsule: 3:19am On Oct 26, 2018
SilentWisper:
stfu angry the government try,at lease she will be remember smiley

I come dey wonder say how old be the person sef?
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by CosmicJames(m): 3:36am On Oct 26, 2018
Karatum:
How will u name ur child Ogbanje and expect her not to die young?

RIP to the Little Angel!

The Ogbanje have succeeded in taken the little girl's life.
Worst still, a whole street is now name after Ogbanje!

I just wonder what will be happening at an Ogbanje street?

Like seriously, this is calamity upon calamity!
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by BrutusOj(m): 5:12am On Oct 26, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
grin grin grin the name "Ogbanje" is pronounced differently from the evil spirit you know

Ogbànj3: - girl's name
Ogbânjæ - evil spirit
You are wrong, Ogbanje is a male' name in idoma. The girl's name is Ochanya (queen). And for all the igbos making mockery of the name since, you should understand that some tribe in Nigeria have some words that sound similar, but different meaning, we ought to stop sounding like foools here at times. When a painful issue like this is on ground, the only thing that caught you biggots' attentions is ogbanje (evil spirit) undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by BrutusOj(m): 5:15am On Oct 26, 2018
CosmicJames:

mtcheeew.. See how fooolish you sound typing the rubbish above, in your wack mind now, idoma words are same with igbo. Stop displaying stupidityy online like this.

1 Like

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by BrutusOj(m): 5:18am On Oct 26, 2018
Slurity:
70% of Idoma names don't have any idoma meaning, so I am not surprise by that Ogbanje name. senseless tribe
you guys have extended your madness with Yorubas to idomas too abi?

1 Like

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by BrutusOj(m): 5:20am On Oct 26, 2018
babeosisi:
I wonder why you all are hung up.on her last name.
She didn't give herself her family name and moreover it must mean something else in her language
Afterall Olaniyi,a popular Yoruba name means a useless somebody in Igbo
The name Amosun is similar to Amosu which means witch in Igboland
Don't mind them, some of these igbos on nairaland have turned this forum to where they come to berate other tribes at any slightest chance. Very disgusting sad

2 Likes

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by zedman1(m): 5:20am On Oct 26, 2018
Ytea:
You read wrong that's why you think I'm complaining. Naming a street after a person is cool, really cool but in her case, to what end is it? when those who killed her are roaming free, last I read, the man was granted bail, his wife claimed not to know about what happened in her home for five years and nothing was said concerning the son. Plus alot of little girls are being raped daily. Is naming a street after dead girls the most important? Should it come before Justice?
Ok, but I don't think naming a street in her honor is a way of denying justice for the little girl just as not naming a street doesn't mean justice has been served...... There's no need attacking the act, in my opinion though.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by BrutusOj(m): 5:24am On Oct 26, 2018
Slurity:
when it comes to giving names, Otukpo people are very senseless. They even give names to their children and ask the father and mother of the child the meaning of the name they will say, we don't know the meaning, we just know that someone use to be call that name. 70% of names from Idoma land don't have any idoma meaning.
And who told you the girl is from Otukpo?
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by MossLuv: 5:26am On Oct 26, 2018
Slurity:

you are very stupid to say Idoma is senseless tribe.

For those who don't know or understand the name Ogbanje. Ogbanje is a male name in Idoma land. And the pronunciation is different from "ogbanje" the water spirit.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by rafak: 6:12am On Oct 26, 2018
ElChidi:
So sad, Buhari needs to go people. Just imagine Buhari's Nigeria going down the drain daily. Nigeria used to be the fastest growing economy in Africa just 4yrs ago but today Nigeria is a joke.
Eyah! In 16yrs,what did your uncle's did? What difference do we have now? Buhari has done well in 3 years.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by AdonaiAluminium: 6:15am On Oct 26, 2018
That man and his son deserve to be stoned to death, they are evil. Who knows how many girls are passing through similar situations in other places

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems, insulated roofing sheets and panels, roof maintenance services etc
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by naijapage(f): 6:17am On Oct 26, 2018
I Wonder what this Country is becoming everyday, May God Of Alph Lukau Help us

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by tunary(m): 6:19am On Oct 26, 2018
emeijeh:
The wicked HOD must not go unpunished.

Wait, Ogbanje?

LOL ogbanje spirit go worry them
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by djjosh(m): 6:28am On Oct 26, 2018
Karatum:

RIP to the Little Angel!
that's her surname, ma!
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 26, 2018
Karatum:

RIP to the Little Angel!
Probably it has a different meaning in Idoma
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 26, 2018
CosmicJames:

cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 26, 2018
Ytea:
Will naming a street after her stop numerous little girls from being raped? Will it ensure that rapists are doused in petrol and set ablaze immediately they are caught?

This is an unnecessary act. Until young girls are safe in their parent's houses, at school and everywhere else, until justice prevail over the beast and his son who caused her so much trauma, I see no point in this.

Is there anything one can ever do to please every human
It's not going to bring her back, but it shows she won't be forgotten, how many ladies who died the way she did got this memorial ... At least take out time to think before picking the phone to type ):
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Joshuao29(m): 7:31am On Oct 26, 2018
zoba88:
Justice4ochanya

Otukpo Local Government Council named a street to immortalize late Miss Ochanya Ogbanje, a 13year old girl that died as a result of sexual harassment by uncle and Son.
Weldon George Alli for joining the protest and also immortalizing Ochanya.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/10/benue-name-street-after-ochanya-who-was.html

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by DJInfluence: 7:51am On Oct 26, 2018
pointblank247:
On a litter note that ogbanje of a surname mean something wey get as e be for my place
you mean mammy water spirit atik? be like you be CCC pikin?. grin grin
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Kaybaba5(m): 7:56am On Oct 26, 2018
Who knows whether the girl self NA abiku
COS I don't know why naming her ogbanje
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by lorhema(f): 8:40am On Oct 26, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
WHAT'S UP WITH THIS STORY?
I STILL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO ACCEPT THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED CUS WE KNOW THIS GUY AND HIS SON.
MISSCAPS.

Really?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped / Yellow: Abba Kyari, Police Capture Notorious Abuja Kidnap Kingpin / Man Found Dead In Delta Hotel After Demanding Sex From Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.