Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,328 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son (47106 Views)

Outrage After Girl’s Panties Was Used As Evidence To Clear Man Of Rape / Al Jazeera Shares Video Of Ochanya, 13-year-old Girl Raped To Death / Nigerian Man Arrested After Girl Was Gang Raped To Death In Italy. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Vivuch: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2018
Karatum:
How will u name ur child Ogbanje and expect her not to die young?

RIP to the Little Angel!
remember ogbanje is an Igbo word, and the girl is an idoma girl. So ogbanje will definitely mean something good in Idoma language.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Ytea(f): 9:35am On Oct 26, 2018
oluwatobi75:

Is there anything one can ever do to please every human
It's not going to bring her back, but it shows she won't be forgotten, how many ladies who died the way she did got this memorial ... At least take out time to think before picking the phone to type ):
Your inability to comprehend is your greatest undoing.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by bekulem14: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2018
why did they not persecute the rapist
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by missCAPS: 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2018
lorhema:

Really?
It's getting difficult by the day. The boy is getting suicidal. I can't wait for the final court case. The media is also adding its own to make it worst cry
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by missCAPS: 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
WHAT'S UP WITH THIS STORY?
I STILL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO ACCEPT THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED CUS WE KNOW THIS GUY AND HIS SON.
MISSCAPS.
It's getting difficult by the day. The boy is getting suicidal. I can't wait for the final court case, if found guilty he should face the law and if he's innocent freedom should be granted. The media is also adding its own to make it worst.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by tee4naija(m): 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
This is not a good way to immortalise a rape victim. The sign post will continually remind the parents of the gory experience.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by pointblank247(m): 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Litter means dog children.
thank you, but that mistake was typographical and not intentional, but by 'dog children' do you mean puppies?
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Slurity(m): 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
MossLuv:

you are very stupid to say Idoma is senseless tribe.

For those who don't know or understand the name Ogbanje. Ogbanje is a male name in Idoma land. And the pronunciation is different from "ogbanje" the water spirit.
Tell us the idoma meaning.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Slurity(m): 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2018
BrutusOj:
And who told you the girl is from Otukpo?
And who told you the girl is not from Otukpo? all I know is that she is from Idoma land
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by BrutusOj(m): 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2018
Slurity:
And who told you the girl is not from Otukpo? all I know is that she is from Idoma land
so, Otukpo is the only place people live in idoma land? When you have little knowledge about something, don't show yourself. The incidence happened in okpokwu local government not otukpo, plus the late little girl isn't from Otukpo local government.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Luizkid(m): 6:49am On Oct 27, 2018
Karatum:
How will u name ur child Ogbanje and expect her not to die young?

RIP to the Little Angel!
Her name is Ochanya meaning the Head of women, Ogbanje is her surname and it's pronounced 'Orgbanjeh' it doesn't convey same meaning as Ogbanje in ur language.

1 Like

Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by CosmicJames(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2018
BrutusOj:
mtcheeew.. See how fooolish you sound typing the rubbish above, in your wack mind now, idoma words are same with igbo. Stop displaying stupidityy online like this.
You can do better than that.
Try to air your views without insulting others.
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
BrutusOj:
You are wrong, Ogbanje is a male' name in idoma. The girl's name is Ochanya (queen). And for all the igbos making mockery of the name since, you should understand that some tribe in Nigeria have some words that sound similar, but different meaning, we ought to stop sounding like foools here at times. When a painful issue like this is on ground, the only thing that caught you biggots' attentions is ogbanje (evil spirit) undecided

undecided

My sentence there was referring to the girl's surname, her name is Ogbanje Ochanya Elizabeth and I clearly know that Ogbanje is a man's name. The subject matter here is the girl and not a man.
I know the meaning of the name " Ogbanje ".
Re: Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son by zedman1(m): 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ytea:
You read wrong that's why you think I'm complaining. Naming a street after a person is cool, really cool but in her case, to what end is it? when those who killed her are roaming free, last I read, the man was granted bail, his wife claimed not to know about what happened in her home for five years and nothing was said concerning the son. Plus alot of little girls are being raped daily. Is naming a street after dead girls the most important? Should it come before Justice?
Some how I just noticed your qoute today. The wife... The wife.... The wife. Do you know she might be telling the truth? Girls go through hell, only a few tell their life stories to the world, some are stoic, remain like the Spartan, never tell you where it hurts because they're scared of facing the embarrassment that follows. Sadly, some are plainly spoilt and enjoy the sh*t they do until it goes out of hand. Let me be blunt, once, around 2014 a 13 year old girl almost 'raped ' me because she thought she 'loved' me so deeply and I wasn't giving in. Imagine if I had succumbed but jeez, I'm a man with a strong conscience. Do you think she would have told her mom? The news is stale now but THE WIFE MIGHT BE TELLING THE TRUTH. About Ochanya, I cannot tell which of the category she fell into but I feel so bad cos girls her age are generally gullible, be it the Spartan or the spoilt cos I wasn't there. I still don't think there's a problem naming a street in her honor, God rest her soul.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

@PIDOMNIGERIA Exposes Human Trafficking Ring In Akwa Ibom State. / Man Commits Suicide In Festac Today(graphic Photos) / Bomb Blasts Hit Kano GSM Market, Scores Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.