Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine (25672 Views)

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? / Refuse Covers Parts Of Surulere After Heavy Rain In Lagos (Viewers Discretion) / My Family Is Discouraging Me From Moving To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by ikorodureporta: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2018
Oshodi – The Lagos State Sector Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has warned commuters against throwing waste out of moving vehicles, saying it could cause accident.

An officer of the command, SP Adedotun Abayomi, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Ago Palace Way area of Oshodi-Isolo Local Government Area that it was a bad habit that could lead to accidents and maybe, fatalities.

He spoke against the backdrop of a quarrel between a commercial bus driver and a private car owner whose vehicle was affected when a passenger in the bus threw out of the window a black nylon bag containing the waste of what she had consumed.

The said bag fell on the windscreen of Mr Chinedu Okafor’s car which almost caused an accident.

The FRSC official, an Assistant Patrol Commander, said that it was wrong for people to drop things off from a moving vehicle because it was likely to cause accident.

“Dropping off things from a moving vehicle is totally wrong and it is an offence known as “Failure to cover unstable materials’’, and it comes with N5,000 fine.

“People need to stop throwing things off moving vehicles, drivers should encourage their passengers use the dustbin in the vehicle instead of throwing them out,’’ he said.

Okafor, who struggled to control his car when the object hit his windshield, told NAN he was sad about the development and advised people to stop the habit of dropping off waste from vehicles.

“It is becoming a norm for people to drop things off while in a moving vehicle. It almost caused an accident for me today.

“These days you see people throwing what they have eaten off their vehicles, sometimes it is sachet of water, gala nylon, or even empty water bottle and so on.

“Everyone should cultivate the habit of putting dirt in the dustbin of the vehicle to avoid dropping them off which may cause accident and litter the environment,’’ he said.

Miss Bisi Kunle, a passerby also told NAN that she was disappointed anytime she saw someone dropping off things from a moving vehicle.

“l feel sad seeing such. The other day, someone spit on me from a moving vehicle.

“I am sure that it is a bad habit to drop off things but I doubt if the punishment is effective because people see it as a normal thing to do.

“Therefore, the government should try to look into this matter and punish any defaulter so that people will stop such habit,’’ she said.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/sundiatapost.com/2018/10/24/frsc-warns-commuters-against-disposing-of-waste-from-moving-vehicles/amp/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
Nice one. Some people will drink coke and fanta and fling them through their windows, their cars are too good to house refuse, na the environment go suffer am.

54 Likes

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by martineverest(m): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
good one...Nigerians are too dirty

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Tonyosas101(m): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
Good one cheesy

I always feel this burning guilt in me whenever I intend dropping refuse on the floor
Jeeez, I hate that feeling lipsrsealed

45 Likes

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
OK
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by ourfather: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
Good measure..

But
Would soon be used for extortion angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Awesome3030: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by shamsin6300(m): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
FTC
4 de 1st time....... I dedicate diz 2my bros 4 his FRSC interview 2mrw,,,,,
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by motta(m): 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2018
chai
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ok

Next!
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Rollins777(m): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2018
Gudy gudy
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Sunofgod(m): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2018
Chinedu Okafor law..,....
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Masterminded(m): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
Hehehe... Another strategy
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by arrestdarrester: 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2018
Talk about using one stone to kill two birds: cleaner and safer roads
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by chibike69: 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2018
grin
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Genniez(f): 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2018
Good penalty .imagine drinking 100# coke and paying 5k for offence ,so you must get sense even if its not common.. Keep Lagos clean

9 Likes

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by chibike69: 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2018
Sunofgod:
Chinedu Okafor law..,....

MR CHINEDU OKAFOR

AFONJAS AND PROPAGANDA
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by KingLennon(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
Will this penalty being given to any defaulter irrespective of ur status in the country? Will the senators, Police-men, force personnels, Politicians also pay this fine if found guilty?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by bluefilm: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
Supported

1 Like

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by ukehnonny: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
cheesy
Long overdue, sometimes I wonder why people dispose stuffs after eating on the road.
was Travelling one day and a grown woman threw away remnants of her food on a neatly swept road through the window.
I was shocked, people should learn to be conscious of things they do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
shamsin6300:
FTC
4 de 1st time....... I dedicate diz 2my bros 4 his FRSC interview 2mrw,,,,,

Aye Le oo, Ibosi oo.

Eeeeeehhhh! See life oo! Brother, are they doing you or you are doing yourself?

you are number seven on the list and you are claiming First To Comment.

Which kind lie be this na?

Okay! Do not worry. I will keep praying for you.

4 Likes

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Mc4larin: 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2018
Okay
Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2018
Here in Ogun, I hardly throw refuse from moving vehicle.

I mumu so tey dat I do forget Gala nylon inside pocketgrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Righteousness89(m): 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2018
I completely support This Move!!

It's absolute Madness when u see Citizens make use of stuff and dump out of their Moving vehicles!!

1 Like

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by icogb: 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2018
Good! I dnt even knw hw pple re comfortable throwing dirts on the road nd des Nigerian drivers will never have a bin in their vehicles bt knw hw to quarrel one when their car is littered. I dnt even send dem. How I wish dis wld be implemented nationwide.

1 Like

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2018
Some idiot came to my shop today, drank a chill fanta, then throw the bottle for front of my shop, I was pissed off so I also refused to sell him the pure honey he came to buy, I just do am strong vision between him & the bottle, he was lucky one almajiri picked it up before our quarrel start

2 Likes

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
We need more environmental laws

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by emmyN(m): 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2018
It's a welcome development. The same set of people that have a penchant for this act are always the first to criticize how the country is so dirty in comparison to other developed nations. Yet they won't do the right thing.

This would serve as a deterrent to many if properly enforced.

3 Likes

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by ElChidi: 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2018
Why has there been no good news in Nigeria since 2015? When you have a useless president what do you expect

1 Like

Re: Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine by Bammzzie(m): 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2018
OladimejiRufai:

Aye Le oo, Ibosi oo.

Eeeeeehhhh! See life oo! Brother, are they doing you or you are doing yourself?

you are number seven on the list and you are claiming First To Comment.

Which kind lie be this na?

Okay! Do not worry. I will keep praying for you.
Lol grin...dats d problem of using glo ntwrk grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! / Sam Mbonu Survives Accident In Texas (Photos) / Taxi Falls In A Canal In Oke-sokori Abeokuta (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.