Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari (32882 Views)

EFCC Grills Fashola Over Corruption, Demands Asset Documents - Peoples Gazette / EndSARS: Resign Now!, Protesting Ondo Youths Slam Buhari / 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by Alexis11: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2018
oilPUSSY:
Progressive Yorubas will never vote for Buhari.
Only misguided ones among them are planning to vote Buhari back.
I pity those ones because they might end up becoming the victims of Buhari's wickedness tomorrow.
Ask Benue and other North Central people what they are going through.

For the innocent ones among the Yorubas that may want to take this guy (not a female) serious.... Just know that this poster is one of the sworn enemies of the Yoruba irrespective of whether you are supporting PDP or APC.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by newoffer: 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
vanbonattel:

This is sounding like the old intelligent Yorubas I used to hear of in history books, there is hope for this great tribe.

Yoruba , a case study. The ones fighting are Almajiri Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by vanbonattel: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
newoffer:

Yoruba , a case study. The ones fighting are Almajiri Yoruba.

I think so too. The almajirins are more vocal and seem to colour the rest in bad light. A pity.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by olajizz01(m): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
vanbonattel:

So my yoruba brothers are capable of critical thinking? Wow!
Yoruba has now turned to your brother, but you started calling them names when they decided to send your kinsmen/adopted son back to otuoke as a result of underperformance and cluelessness.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by olajizz01(m): 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2018
vanbonattel:

So my yoruba brothers are capable of critical thinking? Wow!
So,Yoruba has now turned to your brother, but you started calling them names when they decided to send your kinsmen/adopted son back to otuoke as a result of underperformance and clueless.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by BabaO2: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2018
12Ebisco:
The Yoruba Youth Council, YYC, has frowned at the statement by the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, that President Muhammadu Buhari will return power to the region if they reelect him for a second term in 2019.

Fashola had while speaking at a special Town Hall Meeting on infrastructure organised by the Ministry of Information and Culture and the National Orientation Agency held in Ibadan, Oyo State on Thursday called on the people of the South West to support Buhari’s second term bid in order to regain power in 2013.

The YYC which is the umbrella body of the Yoruba Youths, described the Minister’s call as absurd, adding that President Buhari has not done well to warrant another shot at the presidency.

This was contained in a statement signed by its National President, Eric Oluwole, and made available to newsmen on Friday.

The youths insisted that President Buhari had no solution to any of the problems confronting Nigeria as a nation.

The statement added, “Our attention has been drawn to a vague promise by a former Governor of Lagos State and current Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola during the special town hall meeting organised by the Ministry of Information and Culture and the National Orientation Agency recently, advising Yorubas especially the youths to vote for the incumbent president Mr Muhammad Buhari in the 2019 election so as to enable power shift to the south west in 2023.

“We observe with consternation that Mr Fashola, who is a beneficiary of the social economic crisis which the ruling elite has plunged the Nigerian youths could start serving as an adviser at this critical period if our nation’s existence.

“Having been a beneficiary of Democratic rule since 1999, we will not forget the level of corruption perpetrated by the Minister when he was Governor of Lagos State as leaked by his predecessor, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode on assumption to office.

“Yoruba youths also remember with consternation, the statements credited to Mr Fashola that Nigeria’s power problems could be fixed in six months, three years of his reign has the minister in charge of power has not solved our perennial power problems.

“We want him and his likes who are feeding Nigerians with propaganda from the seat of power to know that the youths have learnt from history and will strive hard not to repeat the mistakes of the past in our resolve to revamp the economy of Nigeria.

“The same presidency Mr Fashola is promising Yoruba youth in 2023 is what the current Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige promised the South Easterners. Another attempt to perpetrate the ethnic division of the country?

“We want to say expressly that nothing can stop our collective resolve to ensure the restructuring of Nigeria in order to find solutions to myriads of problems facing our country.

“We again call on Presidential candidates who are committed to the restructuring agenda to show commitment by signing an agreement document to ensure restructuring of Nigeria within six months of their assumption to office.

“Time has come to protect our future and the youths shall do all we can to decide the fate of the 2019 election without leaving a stone,” the statement said.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/2019-presidency-yoruba-youths-attack.html
They are few sponsored ones. The woes of Yoruba race is better imagined than realised under Atiku and a highly myoppic and tribalised Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by poseidon12: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
Well said. Don't let Fashola and Buhari fool you guys. Buhari is not in a position to hand Presidency to any section of the country.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by Kellibae(f): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
barojana:
If my dad still insists on voting this Buhari, i would take his PVC and run away. Voting Buhari out is a sacred duty for any one who values or cherish human lives. The evil president lost me when he deployed military to south east to quell ipob but refused to do same to protect middle belt. It revealed the darkness he harbours in his heart. And that darkness would consume him, and him alone.

Now to Fashola, Sir you are very ridiculous. Where were you or osibanjo when crisis broke out in Ife and only the Yorubas ended up in police net while the Hausas were left off the hook. What sort of Justice is that?

Obasanjo presidency did not better my life, infact the south west suffered tremendously during his era. Abeokuta my place of Origin is no better so to hell with the presidency slot.

Lalasticlala

LMAO like seriously "take his pvc and run away"? cheesy are u sure u would return to the house? grin

Anyways God bless u immensely for this comment.
It's good to know there are Yoruba people like u on this forum, I guess the other few ones are paid bmc as people claim.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by ofwest47(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
The so called Yoruba youth are Obasanjo sponsored anti true Yoruba leaders .

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by yusuf0876(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
buhari all d way...saibaba till 2023

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by Alexis11: 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2018
BabaO2:
reasonable Yorubas will not allow Yorubas to play second fiddle to ibos that have nothing to offer but self aggrandizement
Thank you. You said it well.

Preach it!
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by Alexis11: 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2018
BabaO2:
They are few sponsored ones. The woes of Yoruba race is better imagined than realised under Atiku and a highly myoppic and tribalised Peter Obi.

True!
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by Akinz0126(m): 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2018
originalme1:

when Jonathan was there, what was done?
if you ask me, this Buhari tenure is still the most secure.

Most secure you say? You obviously living in 1 archaic village far from knowing the current reality in nigeria.Security has never been compromised like this before.You can't even travel without thinking about been kidnap on the way.

Think man think...Only those who had falling victim can testify to how degrading,cruel and dehumanizing 9ja has being..

You better liberate yourself from the perpetual shackle of ignoranace.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by Adefemiaderoju1: 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2018
yomi962:
i for one care less about vp slot or yoruba presidency, all i want is someone credible and commited to restructuring and economic growth. How did obj presidency benefit us or the north that has being ruling since 1960 benefited them. Buhari has tried, let some else take over.
Well said but the fact is no Hausa -Fulani will restructure this country believe them at your own peril.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by T9ksy(m): 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2018
vanbonattel:

You don't like buharri, don't like Atiku, you must be an IPOB supporter then?

IPOB supporter ke? I might as well be called a boko haram apologist!!!

Hell, am not an IPOB supporter but i honestly believe Biafra must be actualised, eventually. But how? Don't ask me but one thing i know for sure , is that, not kanu's way.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by Pumpido75(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2018
If some Yoruba's have reservation about pmb re-election in 2019 due to performance how come Almost if not all igbos totally supports Atiku/ obi joint ticket while opposing voices among igbos are viewed as traitors by their igbos kindred. Does it mean the whole Atikulate frenzy among easterners is being propelled by ethnic interest after all both buhari and Atiku are septugenerian Fulani's. I urge my fellow westerners to give their votes to pmb. It would be painful if we revert to the cry of marginalization should Atiku wins in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by T9ksy(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2018
vanbonattel:

You don't like buharri, don't like Atiku, you must be an IPOB supporter then?

Hell, am not an IPOB supporter but i honestly believe Biafra must be actualised, eventually. But how? Don't ask me but one thing i know for sure , is that, not the kanu is going about it.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by onkachi(m): 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
I wonder when technocrats and well meaning Nigerians that's made names outside this shores will be given a level play ground, peter obi,Uche ahubelem (brickwall) okonjo iweala, soludo
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
Pumpido75:
If some Yoruba's have reservation about pmb re-election in 2019 due to performance how come Almost if not all igbos totally supports Atiku/ obi joint ticket while opposing voices among igbos are viewed as traitors by their igbos kindred. Does it mean the whole Atikulate frenzy among easterners is being propelled by ethnic interest after all both buhari and Atiku are septugenerian Fulani's. I urge my fellow westerners to give their votes to pmb. It would be painful if we revert to the cry of marginalization should Atiku wins in 2019.

Education makes the difference. The gap in educational qualifications between the set of candidates is like the distance between the earth and Jupiter.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
T9ksy:

Hell, am not an IPOB supporter but i honestly believe Biafra must be actualised, eventually. But how? Don't ask me but one thing i know for sure , is that, not the kanu is going about it.

Igbos support kanu not because he had the best strategy , its because he has the ONLY strategy.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2018
RockHard:

Well, thank goodness your opinion doesn't represent the majority of Yoruba people. You are free to 'Atikulate' or 'Obituarate', while the larger Yoruba family will return PMB/PYO for a second term.
Your opinion doesn't represent the majority of Yoruba people too, tribalistic lots. Answer his question about how Obasanjo's term specially benefitted the people of Owu not to talk of the entire SW.
Pseudo-intellectuals elevating tribe over competence angry

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by Mccullum: 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2018
Everything can never be OK but I think Buhari will still in 2019 and Atiku will totally retire politically while Tambuwa will reappear in 2023 as messiah of the pigs but I can't make any visions for 2023 elections, so let's watch.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by CoachOore: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2018
Don't be a fool out of the candidates we have Buhari is the best. the infrastructure we fail to build for 16 years is building it rail to road to air port to Mabila power plant to increase
mega Watt this are thing that the PDP dullard refuse to do, now Buhari is doing it some theif are calling him dullard just for 3and half years, solve Boko Haram problem and stop hard and farmer clash. with the economy recession still able to invest in the people through social programs npower agricultural loans give stipend to the market women at least this administration as tried am just laughing at some bias igbos they will never say the truth there roads was neglect over years by the PDP dullard now work are going on in South east road and the second Niger Deiter bridge where is PDP dullard to construct them for 16 good years where are they do they provide stipends for the unemployed they think of there pocket alone. I don't want to campaign for any politica party but this administration is not as worst the way people see it.. What about improvement in Agriculture we can now grow our own rice unless we are using sentiment our GDP has grown unlike before that will import toothpicks, banning importation developing home grown food is a welcome idea.. On this note I submit Nigeria should think Before casting their vote.
yomi962:
i for one care less about vp slot or yoruba presidency, all i want is someone credible and commited to restructuring and economic growth. How did obj presidency benefit us or the north that has being ruling since 1960 benefited them. Buhari has tried, let some else take over.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by cbrass(m): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2018
vanbonattel:

This is sounding like the old intelligent Yorubas I used to hear of in history books, there is hope for this great tribe.

Because they supported you guys abi? But they were not in 2015 undecided
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by edibobo: 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
Fashola is a greedy idiot
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by husbandsnatcha(f): 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
Lordofthewest:
This is why I like my people,we put tribal and religious sentiments aside and call a spade a spade..Buhari really needs to reconsider 2nd term and Atiku is not an option either.
sshut up
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by legibow: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2018
HigherEd:
Let us not forget how buhari allowed the wanton killings of innocent souls go by unhindered in Benue, Adamawa, Taraba and now southern kaduna. He must be rejected!

I Am A Yoruba Man And I Nor My Family Would Never Support Buhari Again.

As long as it is themselves they are doing no problem.... No Yoruba land mentioned, and no Igbo land mentioned too
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by ayorinde217(m): 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2018
A reasonable and mentally balanced person won't vote for a failure like buhari in 2019. I'm ashamed of some of our brothers following buhari like mumu
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by bimgo: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2018
Your father foolish
Ijeshaooduaman:
Who are these foolish youths? You mean PDP youths? Bihari will still win next year's election
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by uridadole: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
HigherEd:
Let us not forget how buhari allowed the wanton killings of innocent souls go by unhindered in Benue, Adamawa, Taraba and now southern kaduna. He must be rejected!

Buhari never allowed any killing. Slow process of judiciary and corrupt system prevaricates the truth. Ask Benue politicians who killed Benue people. Since suswan arrest and failure of mark to clinch presidential ticket, killing has seized. Are saying buhari stopped the killings?
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari by uridadole: 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
oilPUSSY:
Progressive Yorubas will never vote for Buhari.
Only misguided ones among them are planning to vote Buhari back.
I pity those ones because they might end up becoming the victims of Buhari's wickedness tomorrow.
Ask Benue and other North Central people what they are going through.

HigherEd:

Buhari never allowed any killing. Slow process of judiciary and corrupt system prevaricates the truth. Ask Benue politicians who killed Benue people. Since suswan arrest and failure of mark to clinch presidential ticket, killing has seized. Are saying buhari stopped the killings?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Join El-Rufai In SDP - Bwala Daniel / Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT / Defection: APC Rejects Godsday Orubebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.