Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (17883 Views)

Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown / Road Permits: Traveller Complains Of Having To Get Over 80 From Delta To Anambra / Pictures Of The New International Terminal At MMIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by emmybernard(m): 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2018
pat1612:
This one is not new whenever i travel in and oit of lagos immigration officers even customs ask for money. If you pay you zoom of all stress if not you will be stop at first customs check before boarding second at immigration desk after security check one more customs desk and then when u reach to boarding gate they check u again for dollars u r carrying again customs grin
If u know the drill and u know how to tackle them and u r not carrying anything illegal u can boldly tell them oga i am not paying u a dime.
When everyone passing through airport starts saying NO is when they will stop asking but in order to avoid stress we find easy way out to give them 500 or 1000 naira and walk away
I know wrong things are happening at airport in lagos but if u are right u won't pay. Most of time my transit is ethopia another african country and i have never face same stres as i do in nigeria.
But still things can work here hope for best people will change grin

Nigerian immigration messed us much internationally, my fiancé came to Nigeria for the first time from the state , the immigration man asked her for dollar which she gave, and when going back a woman asking for money and sneakers

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by galaxy2020(m): 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2018
Those immigration officers at the airport are criminals, especially when they find out you have a virgin passport. Nine yrs in MMA, they collected #15k from my kid bro who was going to Ukraine for studies.
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Rexnegro(m): 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2018
AutoReportNG:
@Lalasticlala

I think the Immigration needs to check the CCTV and summon all the officers on duty that day and within that time, also, let there be a transfer of all officers who have spent like 6 months and above to other locations maybe to roads or other administrative areas.

These guys are a disgrace to all Nigerians all cos of greed
not just that bro , the head of immigration at the airport should be dealt with for allowing such to happen under his watch/leadership.... airport services is number one services rendered to foreigners and it should be rendered with normalcy , or else the image which is bad already will keep getting worse.. truth be told when we landed at Bonn airport Addis Ababa no single immigration I repeat no single immigration said or ask otherwise...

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by IchBinBrait(m): 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2018
JjBankys:
And so what undecided,if you don't like it stay away from Nigerian

Look at you.. Corrupt man. Shioooor!! ! angry

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by IchBinBrait(m): 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2018
emmy:
Nigerian immigration messed us much internationally, my fiancé came to Nigeria for the first time from the state , the immigration man asked her for dollar which she gave, and when going back a woman asking for money and sneakers

Nawa oo.. Those people be behaving as if they don't receive salaries. angry mtcheeew!! The country need to be cleansed.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Ashley86400: 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2018
Naija, country of bad news, corrupt politicians, scanners, ritualists, trialists rape.. .everything e dey.

We're also the most prayerful country. wink

Such irony.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by nokatakata: 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
some Nigerians are very daft and shameless. no swnse of self pride at all. they must beg everybody and try to cheat as if they don't gwt salaries. that's how they'll be hailing and greeting you like 20 times and you'll be wondering what the problem is.

they be chanting happy weekend nonsense...i don't know what is happy about the weekend. Just do your job diligently and stop begging or trying to cheat.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by AreaFada2: 11:04pm On Oct 26, 2018
abdulaz:
Falz was right though.

I have made it a habit to tip people whenever I patronize them for the sake of my life.

If I see police, I go hail am ask after him family sef, give am small thing from my pocket make him no get me for mind come shoot me.

Last last Na my Canada Visa go change my story.

Corruption is a culture in Nigeria.

Weyrey!
Just to stay alive, na you go first hail them and wet ground jeje first. grin cheesy

Chai!

1 Like

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Undying99: 11:31pm On Oct 26, 2018
You ain't seen nothing yet undecided
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by precious1967(m): 11:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
restructuring please
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by wayodude(m): 1:00am On Oct 27, 2018
EgunMogaji:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RTlDa2cg0o&t=178s

But the last guy talking about expired tires hahaha is he police or what? With that hat he had on hahaha
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by chukxie(m): 1:01am On Oct 27, 2018
The issue of touting, corruption and gross inefficiency at MMA isn't new. The most shameful is the endless demand of money by security agents / customs agents stationed at the airport. Those bloody wankers would incessantly harass travelers for money as though they gave travelers money to keep for them. I hate them and their silly antics. The Nigerian government should urgently do something about this shameful phenomenon at MMA. It's about time!

1 Like

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by wayodude(m): 1:01am On Oct 27, 2018
EgunMogaji:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RTlDa2cg0o&t=178s

Naija police though. Last year in Naija I was in my sisters car and they stopped us and asked me to get out the car because 'this guy no be from here...he no be like who be from here'

that was my only offence grin

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 27, 2018
wayodude:

But the last guy talking about expired tires hahaha is he police or what? With that hat he had on hahaha

I think it's FRSC.

One pulled that stunt with me before. I just looked at him and felt pity for him.
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Temple1288(m): 2:15am On Oct 27, 2018
They wanted to try that with me again after succeeding the first time. So a grown guy shedding tears as they were extorting him. A fair balloon lookalike lady there.
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Goodlucknigeria: 3:43am On Oct 27, 2018
AutoReportNG:
When will we get it right in this Naija

Read reactions from notable Nigerians etc here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/foreign-journalists-complain-of.html

Fact!
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by emperorblog(m): 5:55am On Oct 27, 2018
if you want to travel out of d country they will collect money from u.
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by oyejideogunjumo: 6:43am On Oct 27, 2018
AutoReportNG:
@Lalasticlala

I think the Immigration needs to check the CCTV and summon all the officers on duty that day and within that time, also, let there be a transfer of all officers who have spent like 6 months and above to other locations maybe to roads or other administrative areas.

These guys are a disgrace to all Nigerians all cos of greed
I like and quite accept your palative idea and solution but this can also agravate the trend of corruption.
Having the mind of spending limited time like six months can send a signal that take whatever you can take,remember you have only six months here.
I think we should work on our mindset. Even to help you push a faulty car on the road to safe place people will expect u give out something when you not get been sure of what happened and how to fix it.
It is generally our mentality.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Greatidonis: 7:30am On Oct 27, 2018
No Buhari is fighting corruption.
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by SoNature(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2018
[quote author=Abbeyme post=
72438505]Deal with it bro!

That's how we roll here[/quote

Aturu!
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 27, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
Assuming you had an evidence it would have been a bit better
How?
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:51am On Oct 27, 2018
ontarioissauga:

How?

Like recorded their conversation or...
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Horus(m): 9:53am On Oct 27, 2018
Anybody may report suspected corrupt conduct or Immigration Officers misconduct.

You do not need proof, you just need sufficient reason to believe that the conduct has occurred

Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 27, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:

Like recorded their conversation or...
The head is corrupt and non-responsive. You no go hear wetin INEC dey talk on buhari qualifications? So many people especially Northerners are in the NDA, Army and other places without the miminium requirements.
Re: Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos by marriedtome(m): 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
you guys treat Nigerians like shit too so shut up bitch!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route / Three University of Taraba Students Killed By Tree During Excursion To Cameroon / Road Linking Bida To Katcha LGA Of Niger State Destroyed By Heavy Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.