Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,343 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku (41130 Views)

I Am More Qualified Than Atiku - Buhari Tells Tribunal / Buhari Has Failed, But He’s Still Better Than Atiku — Balarabe Musa / Shina Peller: 'Atiku Is Corrupt, Buhari Is 100% Better Than Atiku' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by Ovamboland(m): 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
Vested:

And what proof do you have of the bolded words?

A PLC doesn't always mean a Public Liability Company.
When people do not understand that in some business organisations, there is a difference between a person's possessions and that of his business (being a legal entity), they sound the way you sound.

Volume of words cannot make irrelevant references what they are not. If you have contrary info, share it. Plc, Enterprise dichotomy adds nothing to this discussion. No knowledgeable person equates business account with personal account. But business don't run themselves neither do they own themselves.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by BigIyanga: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
He’s no longer the largest Naija shareholder of Intels; Tinubu is, by acquiring the largest minority stake. A-5yr personal tax return would give a better insight.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
JayMarx:

Have you done a research and saw he doesn't employ up to that amount?

It's Personal Income Tax, not Company Tax. It's the company that will declare what they paid as tax. What he has in the company is shares.

Unfortunately, nothing can help you.

Research ke ,,why waste my time ... atiku does not have 50000 workers ... dangote remains the largest private company with 30,000 workers .. all naa campaign antics
Even @ personal income tax akinalabi paying 100m within 3yrs & atiku paying 10m does it mean akinalabi earn more than atiku annually ...
FIY atiku owns his companies outrightly ... gather knowledge first before you come to argue
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by osusuallstars: 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2018
you should pay more because you are a gambler doing an illegal business
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by tosyne2much(m): 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2018
Zico5:
So betting company is this lucrative. If just a single person can pay 100 millions in three years from gambling then some lives have been ruined. So the interest of bet9ja will even runs to 1 billion in 3 years. virtual betting has destroyed many destiny.
You said the truth bro

1 Like

Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by Codes151(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2018
Nairabet owner! Excuse me! No be our money u u Dey take!? Why u no go pay tax?? Last month I no win shit!! Shut up make I no vex o
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by Codes151(m): 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
Zico5:
So betting company is this lucrative. If just a single person can pay 100 millions in three years from gambling then some lives have been ruined. So the interest of bet9ja will even runs to 1 billion in 3 years. virtual betting has destroyed many destiny.
i know a white collar worker who paid over 500m in tax from 2012-2018. I have evidence.. nairabet na people bar.. he should be paying billions in 5 years... while Atiku should pay less cuz of the fact that his business pays people
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by nrexzy: 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
SarkinYarki:
It's called personal income tax Akin!!!!! Get that into your head please ..The fact that you are running a one man show at Nairabet and paying yourself outrageous
Reckless salary doesnt mean other business owners are doing so ..Atikus value is in holdings and goodwill and not as liquid as you that runs a a small operation with heavy turnover that allows you to pay yiurself heavy salary ..No wonder Nairabet despite being the pioneer lost 90 percent of its market to Bet9ja which runs a leaner more realistic overhead operations .
Atiku owning a university,major shareholder with intels earns 60m in 3 years? Use ur head oo
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by SarkinYarki: 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
nrexzy:

Atiku owning a university,major shareholder with intels earns 60m in 3 years? Use ur head oo

Learn to separate business as an entity from an individual , Atiku and Intel are both separate entities before the law and both pay their taxes differently ..Intel pays company income tax while Atiku the individual pays personal income tax
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 26, 2018
SarkinYarki:
It's called personal income tax Akin!!!!! Get that into your head please ..The fact that you are running a one man show at Nairabet and paying yourself outrageous
Reckless salary doesnt mean other business owners are doing so ..Atikus value is in holdings and goodwill and not as liquid as you that runs a a small operation with heavy turnover that allows you to pay yiurself heavy salary ..No wonder Nairabet despite being the pioneer lost 90 percent of its market to Bet9ja which runs a leaner more realistic overhead operations .
The man obviously lacks understanding of other types of businesses outside his purview. Atiku's companies are different entities and pay their taxes separately from Atiku as a person. This is why Nigerians should stop voting illiterates into power. They are always biased and narrow minded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 26, 2018
post=72433057:
Truer words have never been spoken......

A-ti- ku (una don die!)

after then.....

Obi
wink cheesy smiley

let's try a new looter...grin.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2018
PrecisionFx:

let's try a new looter...grin.
Happy trying man! grin
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by Vested(m): 12:00am On Oct 27, 2018
Ovamboland:

Volume of words cannot make irrelevant references what they are not. If you have contrary info, share it. Plc, Enterprise dichotomy adds nothing to this discussion. No knowledgeable person equates business account with personal account. But business don't run themselves neither do they own themselves.

Probably you don't understand why a business has its TIN (Tax Identification Number) just the same way as an individual. You probably don't understand why that dichotomy exists in the first place.

Day to day running of big businesses are done by employees, not Directors. Where a ranking shareholder or Director decides to get involved in day to day operations by taking up a working position in that business, he also doubles as an employee and gets paid for that job just as any employee.

Tax rules are always made with bias because they are there to promote the Real sector of every economy. If you decide to focus on sitting as an employee in your organisation, you're opening yourself up to more tax exposure.

I'd rather stop here because it's becoming a lecture, which wasn't intended in the first place.

1 Like

Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by Xisnin(m): 6:09am On Oct 27, 2018
Another illiterate on the loose.
Release your personal income tax and let us see.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by nrexzy: 6:15am On Oct 27, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Learn to separate business as an entity from an individual , Atiku and Intel are both separate entities before the law and both pay their taxes differently ..Intel pays company income tax while Atiku the individual pays personal income tax
Ok but u skipped the University party AUN yolq
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by mfm04622: 7:26am On Oct 27, 2018
chukslawrence:
That shows Atikulate understands entrepreneurship more. A good business owner/investor pay less tax.

Not really. It just means he is cheating you and I! Simple. So continue to support one that is doing so.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by sanpipita(m): 9:24am On Oct 27, 2018
mfm04622:

Not really. It just means he is cheating you and I! Simple. So continue to support one that is doing so.

Explain how he is cheating, we will like to learn
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 27, 2018
post=72442217:
Happy trying man! grin
Thanks Sir.

1 Like

Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by 0monnak0da: 9:33am On Oct 27, 2018
Warren Gates,
One of the richest men on earth pays less tax than his secretary, why?
https://money.cnn.com/2013/03/04/news/economy/buffett-secretary-taxes/index.html

People who do not understand these issues should keep their mouths shut
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by maduxs: 9:51am On Oct 27, 2018
bamidelee:

he forced money out your pocket oponu
punkass
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by phineas: 10:32am On Oct 27, 2018
I get terrified when I see contributions from Nigerian youths on matters of National significance such as taxation

Everyone should know about taxes. Everyone.

Companies ahould pay 30percent of annual profits individuals pay as they earn. The higher you earn the more your taxes

Let me help your maths anyone earning above 3 million a month will be paying over 3 million annually as personal income tax so in 3 years that's over 10million.as for company profits that means in 3 years his companies has made less than a 100million.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by mfm04622: 10:38am On Oct 27, 2018
sanpipita:

Explain how he is cheating, we will like to learn

If he is supposed to pay tax of 20 Million per year (60 Million in 3 years) and he pays only 10m in 3 years. He has cheated Nigerians of 50 million Naira. In good countries, the government will collect the unpaid tax, charge you penalties and still send you to jail. Wesley Snipes was sent to jail for not paying taxes. You remember footballers in Spain being tried for not paying taxes? It is a crime not to pay tax.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by phineas: 10:39am On Oct 27, 2018
And just so you all know,people pay themselves large salaries as part of many strategies to reduce company profits declared so as to reduce company tax payed at the end of the day.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by sanpipita(m): 10:44am On Oct 27, 2018
mfm04622:

If he is supposed to pay tax of 20 Million per year (60 Million in 3 years) and he pays only 10m in 3 years. He has cheated Nigerians of 50 million Naira. In good countries, the government will collect the unpaid tax, charge you penalties and still send you to jail. Wesley Snipes was sent to jail for not paying taxes. You remember footballers in Spain being tried for not paying taxes? It is a crime not to pay tax.

How do you know he is supposed to pay 20m per year tax? do you work with tax revenue, if Atiku defaulted his taxes don't you think tax revenue commission will raise up the issue
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by mfm04622: 10:52am On Oct 27, 2018
sanpipita:

How do you know he is supposed to pay 20m per year tax? do you work with tax revenue, if Atiku defaulted his taxes don't you think tax revenue commission will raise up the issue

Someone claimed he earned on 60M in 3 years. However, he own and operates a private jet! Do you know how much it is to operate a private jet for a year? That means he lied, he earned much more than that! This year alone, he has spent more than 100M on his ambition. I do not know how much he is supposed to pay in taxes, that was just an example. Paying 10 Million tax in 3 years is pure criminal! Simple
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 11:01am On Oct 27, 2018
SarkinYarki:
It's unfortunate that someone running for a lawmaking office can't difrerentiate between the taxes or was too cocky to get professional advice in setting up his business structure to reduce his tax liability. The worst of us rule the rest of us...

1 Like

Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by sanpipita(m): 11:28am On Oct 27, 2018
mfm04622:

Someone claimed he earned on 60M in 3 years. However, he own and operates a private jet! Do you know how much it is to operate a private jet for a year? That means he lied, he earned much more than that! This year alone, he has spent more than 100M on his ambition. I do not know how much he is supposed to pay in taxes, that was just an example. Paying 10 Million tax in 3 years is pure criminal! Simple

Lol you don't know how much he is supposed to pay but you are making 20m per year claims, do you whether he leases the so called private jets, there are many ways he could have spent without touching his personal income.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by soccerepe: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2018
rusher14:
Atiku is a thief.

None of his businesses generate meaningful money.

All he's ever had has been by way of bribe when he was a customs officer and when he was VP.

THIEF na him middle name.
pls if he is a thief... do u have proof... dont be a fool and talkative
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by soccerepe: 11:48am On Oct 27, 2018
mfm04622:

dont be ridiculous.... fixation bro is Different.... he pays his Tax.... if he has defaulted ... let federal inland revenue come for him.... pls shout ur trap u call mouth. illiterate
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by 0monnak0da: 11:49am On Oct 27, 2018
mfm04622:

How do you know he owns aircraft are you the one that sold it to him? Did you register it?
Warren Buffett is one of the richest men on earth and he pays less tax than his secretary. This is public knowledge
It is funny how ignorant folk often the most opinionated.
Instead of sounding off why not spend some time educating yourself on how this is possible and legal
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by mfm04622: 11:52am On Oct 27, 2018
sanpipita:

Lol you don't know how much he is supposed to pay but you are making 20m per year claims, do you whether he leases the so called private jets, there are many ways he could have spent without touching his personal income.

I know when anybody is canonized by people, they can do no wrong! Do you know how much it cost to lease jets? Peace!
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by rusher14: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2018
soccerepe:
pls if he is a thief... do u have proof... dont be a fool and talkative

Will you shut up?

I'm not here for unrepentant lots like yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SSS Parades Boko-Haram Suspects Including A University Lecturer / Preparations In Its Final Stages At The Eagles Square Ahead Of The Handover.pics / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Attack On Senate & Snatched Mace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.