Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku (41132 Views)

I Am More Qualified Than Atiku - Buhari Tells Tribunal / Buhari Has Failed, But He’s Still Better Than Atiku — Balarabe Musa / Shina Peller: 'Atiku Is Corrupt, Buhari Is 100% Better Than Atiku' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by 0monnak0da: 11:58am On Oct 27, 2018
phineas:
I get terrified when I see contributions from Nigerian youths on matters of National significance such as taxation

Everyone should know about taxes. Everyone.

Companies ahould pay 30percent of annual profits individuals pay as they earn. The higher you earn the more your taxes

Let me help your maths anyone earning above 3 million a month will be paying over 3 million annually as personal income tax so in 3 years that's over 10million.as for company profits that means in 3 years his companies has made less than a 100million.
Your logic is wack.

His personal income tells us nothing about the performance of his companies. He doesn't not have to extract profit from his companies no matter how well they perform. To that extent his personal income tax affairs are totally parallel and separate those of his companies.
In law his companies are PERSONS.
Once the company has paid tax he can choose to take dividends which will be taxed or keep reinvestme to grow the companies without taking dividends.
I am sure that is how Dangote and other serious businessmen operate

1 Like

Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by phase1: 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
Zico5:
So betting company is this lucrative. If just a single person can pay 100 millions in three years from gambling then some lives have been ruined. So the interest of bet9ja will even runs to 1 billion in 3 years. virtual betting has destroyed many destiny.

Betting is the new codein of youths.

Once you win, you'll find yourself going back to lose everything you've won. Once you lose you'll still keep hoping against hope that you'll hammer Alabi one day, but keep losing, losing, losing.

It's a big pity.

I think regulators should place a maximum of N20 on betting. Nobody should be allowed to bet more than that. Again, only people with jobs and steady income should be allowed to place bet. Jobless people go to bet houses to find solace but come out psychopaths after losing everything.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by sanpipita(m): 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
mfm04622:

I know when anybody is canonized by people, they can do no wrong! Do you know how much it cost to lease jets? Peace!

Nobody has canonized atiku, you were making blanket statements without being sure, there are instances of billionaires like warren buffet paying low personal income tax too, they are even richer than atiku and own private jets, rather than seek clear answers you are sticking to a narrative that's not factual, again if atiku defaulted his tax its no rocket science tax revenue under this govt will let us know
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by BigIyanga: 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
nrexzy:

Atiku owning a university,major shareholder with intels earns 60m in 3 years? Use ur head oo
Read up! Tinubu is the largest Naija shareholder of intels
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by nrexzy: 4:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
BigIyanga:

Read up! Tinubu is the largest Naija shareholder of intels
I'm talking of the University not intels....
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by BigIyanga: 8:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
nrexzy:

I'm talking of the University not intels....
You still dont understand CAMA works inNaija? Individual income is different from company’s income. Individual pay taxes on income whike companies pay on profit.
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by mfm04622: 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2018
sanpipita:

Nobody has canonized atiku, you were making blanket statements without being sure, there are instances of billionaires like warren buffet paying low personal income tax too, they are even richer than atiku and own private jets, rather than seek clear answers you are sticking to a narrative that's not factual, again if atiku defaulted his tax its no rocket science tax revenue under this govt will let us know

If you really believed Atiku made only 60M in 3 years, good for you!
Know that under declaring income is a crime! I won't be responding to you again. Peace
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by 0monnak0da: 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2018
You are ignorant and proud,
It is better to keep your mouth closed than to keep ridiculing yourself..
Warren Buffett is one of richest men on earth pays less tax than his secretary.
Wealth and income are not the same thing in taxation law.
Wealth can grow without any income reportable
Dangote"s wealth is based mainly on the share price of his companies. If that goes up it does not mean he pays tax on it.
So rich people manage their wealth by growing the value of untaxable asserts
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by ppconcept: 12:49am On Oct 28, 2018
Hi Sports Lover,

Do you need extra funds to stake?

Are you very good at gaming analysis?

Are you very good at reading Odds and Placing value bets?

If your answer is Yes...

Send your CV to:

ppremiereconcept@gmail.com

Include your WhatsApp number (all correspondence will be via this mode)

You have Nothing to Lose, Come and be a part of something new...
Re: I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku by nrexzy: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2018
BigIyanga:

You still dont understand CAMA works inNaija? Individual income is different from company’s income. Individual pay taxes on income whike companies pay on profit.
Ok since u understand all these how come dis a 60m 3years salary earner afford to spend a minimum of $5000 on a presidential ticket campaign, owns a private jet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Parliament To Debate Nnamdi Kanu's Repatriation To Nigeria / 2019: ADP Zones The Presidency To The North And Vice President South East / Saraki Hosts Senate Minority Leaders To Closed-door Meeting (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.