Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Underate The Igbo Voting Strength At Your Own Peril - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Underate The Igbo Voting Strength At Your Own Peril (377 Views)

"Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu / Fashola: Under Estimate Tinubu's Intelligence At Your Own Peril / Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Underate The Igbo Voting Strength At Your Own Peril by Ochendo1: 8:35am On Oct 27, 2018
I just collected my PVC (location FCT) and i kid you not, about 75% of the PVC's uncollected are of the Igbo ethnic stock. PVC collection is still an ongoing exercise with people trooping in daily to collect theirs in their polling unit. I spoke with one of the INEC officers and they said major turnouts for voters registration this year are mostly recorded by the Igbos in the north and west, wherever they reside outside their geopolitical zone. With this trend it is safe to say that the Igbo can give any candidate more than 25% of the votes in core north areas where there are less significant portions of Southerners residing there. Not to mention states with high Igbo populations in the north and west. If we want to assume that in buhari's stronghold states he may garner about 60% votes. The remaining 25% (Igbo) and 15% (other Southerners) will account for the rest. For those who dismiss the high chances of Atiku emerging president next year coupled with the current discontent about Buhari's performance must have a rethink. I don't think people will go through the stress of registration to get their pvc's if they wouldn't vote, as this will be the first time I would vote in my life. With what I am seeing buhari will be defeated, I don't know why I am confident about that.

3 Likes

Re: Underate The Igbo Voting Strength At Your Own Peril by Unionised(m): 8:49am On Oct 27, 2018
Chest beaters association...

2 Likes

Re: Underate The Igbo Voting Strength At Your Own Peril by CilicMarin: 8:53am On Oct 27, 2018
Atikulated Fools everywhere grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Underate The Igbo Voting Strength At Your Own Peril by Eledan: 8:55am On Oct 27, 2018
Bereau of Biafra statistics is always sounding fraudulent and incoherent

2 Likes

Re: Underate The Igbo Voting Strength At Your Own Peril by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 8:56am On Oct 27, 2018
which voting strength are you talking about?? it seems you haven't gotten the memo

1 Like

Re: Underate The Igbo Voting Strength At Your Own Peril by Ochendo1: 10:00am On Oct 27, 2018
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
which voting strength are you talking about?? it seems you haven't gotten the memo

Do not delude yourself as this will not sell I assure you, even the IPOBians will not boycott the elections you can take this to the bank.
Re: Underate The Igbo Voting Strength At Your Own Peril by Ochendo1: 10:02am On Oct 27, 2018
CilicMarin:
Atikulated Fools everywhere grin grin

OK start by ensuring Buhari produces his certificate.

You are a graduate but your president is an illiterate, you should be ashamed of your self.

(1) (Reply)

Obahiagbon Has Been Defined As A Workaholic By His Constituency, D Grammar Work / Nigeria’s Greatest Resources Are Her Youths, Not Petroleum – US Ambassador / It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.