Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS (47386 Views)

How To Change Old Nigeria Naira To New One Pay Attention Pls Share And Subscribe / A 18 Years Old Nigeria Boy With The Fastest 400 Meter Time In Worldwide / Which One Of These Did You Do While Growing Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by mekkha19(m): 11:39am On Oct 27, 2018
The table soccer picture doesn’t represent the game fully.Tiles?back then?Twas either played On terrazzo flooring or cement plastered flooring etc.But the privileged who had tiled floors didn’t play table soccer.

2 Likes

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by oshe111(m): 11:39am On Oct 27, 2018
If I no play all, MAKE I CHOP BARBECUE
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Exponental(m): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2018
I no carry last....did all
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by 4kDdullard: 11:41am On Oct 27, 2018
kunmiiii:

See this schizophrenic patient....
Yaba left u need to go and complete your treatment. cheesy
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by fishmillan: 11:41am On Oct 27, 2018
Adanairaland:
I did all..

Especially cooking grin grin

We dey steal our mama oil and rice then cheesy cheesy

Atiku people see dem
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 27, 2018
cucumbae:
Dat mama and papa own wey children go go school while mama and papa go remain for house com cover themselves with wrapper com dey tungolo.

Lol..

Yes, we dey cover body

but we no dey tungolo wink
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by ajepako(f): 11:41am On Oct 27, 2018
Where is Ten-ten? Skipping?

OK, l see : suwe game, okoto game...

Sweet childhood.. We sure had fun despite not having video games

Indomie generation, no vex grin grin grin
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Mhizrohzz(f): 11:42am On Oct 27, 2018
did 1,4, the cooking own my mama taya, skipping was d best,we day skip enter night sef
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by emerged01(m): 11:42am On Oct 27, 2018
I did all!
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by okwabayi(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2018
Abegi, old things have passed away. I'm all for change. The new generation of children are smarter intellectually than their peers of old.
Have any of you sat down to have a discussion with one?
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2018
fishmillan:

Atiku people see dem

tongue tongue
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Burgerlomo: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2018
Good old days grin

1 Like

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by jaszplus12(m): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2018
I was a champion at the bottle cover soccer! Now my son has more than 150 bottle covers and plays in his room always...my wife doesn't understand!

1 Like

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by 4kDdullard: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2018
jayfolarin:

Its obvious you guys get paid per Post. This had literally nothing to do with politics.. I mean none, nada, zilch but you still managed to bring political discourse into it!

Whoever told you guys this information overload tactic works is a failed pyschologist! An absolutely failed one at that.
Buhari media cow dey thing pain am. I want you to cry.

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Radiant1020(f): 11:46am On Oct 27, 2018
Almost all sef
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Treasure17(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2018
Mehn. This life is so beautiful. I played all back then.
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by gaventa: 11:54am On Oct 27, 2018
The days of mummy and daddy, telematch, votron, power rangers, Godzilla, tales by moonlight. Zero worries then
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Nne5: 11:54am On Oct 27, 2018
Adanairaland:
I did all..

Especially cooking grin grin

We dey steal our mama oil and rice then cheesy cheesy
I never see person wey cook pass me for those cooking plays grin
Then suwe (we used to call suwe swear ) cheesy
Then skipping lol...

OP (counter ball) soccer played with bottle caps grin used to 'cause fight' amongst my brothers cheesy cheesy.
Good old days...

1 Like

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by kingjo96: 11:57am On Oct 27, 2018
grin grin ;like fada like son grin
jaszplus12:
I was a champion at the bottle cover soccer! Now my son has more than 150 bottle covers and plays in his room always...my wife doesn't understand!

2 Likes

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 11:58am On Oct 27, 2018
ochejoseph:
I was on my own and my daughter asked me to draw a television and I quickly drew a nice looking one on her paper ,but to my greatest surprise she screamed "daddy you made mistake I said TV not butterfly! o men!"

Immediately i realized my little girl had never seen the type of TV I grew up with, she was exclusively the flat and curve TV generation , and so seeing two antenna on any structure could only mean one thing......Butterfly !

So when I woke up this morning and my wife showed me these pictures, I smiled with oozing nostalgia knowing that kids in this generation will never understand the indescribable joy that comes with waiting for the TV station to open by 4pm , shifting the antenna to get good signal , manufacturing your own toys and playing some of the best games the world has ever seen, because like westerners our children now live in prisons we either built or rent with our own money with little or no freedom because our society has became saturated with EVIL.

One huge desire that I believe Nigeria can still achieve is the era when we saved money just to buy the Nigerian flag as Independence day celebration approached, a time when kids can mingle, play and make toys irrespective of our religion or ethnic leanings.

Nigeria remains a great country irrespective of our current travails and challenges, if we are able to get things right this time we will surely return our great nation on the path to greatness.

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
as a matter of fact i still play all till date!!! Cant kill myself
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by eliash11: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
Daviddson:
I can't forget that second one. I was a grandmaster in it those days. I could still recall the day I stopped playing it because my playmate changed location. It was as if the world had ended. grin
The table tennis too...we would buy several packets of biscuits and run a championship until two people go to the final and a winner and a runner-up emerge. It was so fun and interesting then. How time flies.
my nigga I prefer playing that game than watching TV it brought bond between me and my friends den

1 Like

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Harkyn92(m): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2018
omo im too playful o I did everything except for no 1 which im not good at.
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by SirLakes: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
ekestic1976:
What's Old Nigerian in the second picture? A game played on TILES can't be said to be old!

Haha..... You get eyes my broda grin

Where pesin wan see tiles dat year cheesy

Good Old days cry

1 Like

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by allytinted: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
feeling nostalgic

1 Like

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by comrChris(m): 12:05pm On Oct 27, 2018
I did all
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by abbeyty(m): 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2018
There was a game we used to play with agbalumon seeds then. I did play almost all these games

1 Like

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by joceey(m): 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
Beremx:
Yesterday I was watching an Indian program and I watched kids fly kite. Immediately I remembered those days we flew kites and it was so much fun. These days, children do not know what a kite is not to talk of flying kites.

If you lived in Festac Town in the 80's and 90's you will relate to what I am talking about. grin

Where is festac town did you grow up ? Me 2nd ave 24 rd and u
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by jaszplus12(m): 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
kingjo96:
grin grin ;like fada like son grin
Na soooo!
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by jaszplus12(m): 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2018
allytinted:
feeling nostalgic
Very nostalgic!!
Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Beremx(f): 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
joceey:

Where is festac town did you grow up ? Me 2nd ave 24 rd and u
22road. If you are not an 80's and 90's child you won't understand grin

1 Like

Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
Nne5:

I never see person wey cook pass me for those cooking plays grin
Then suwe (we used to call suwe swear ) cheesy
Then skipping lol...

OP (counter ball) soccer played with bottle caps grin used to 'cause fight' amongst my brothers cheesy cheesy.
Good old days...

Exactly!!

Obi chinkolobi out,
Ada chinka Ada in (am I correct?) grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bride Dies In An Accident On Her Way To Church For Wedding / Check Out The Snake Killed In My Bathroom Today / The Long Snaked Killed Tonight As I Resumed Night Duty In Ondo Lab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.