Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

The 'hell' Of Kafala Jobs In The Middle East - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The 'hell' Of Kafala Jobs In The Middle East (754 Views)

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle / Huge Container Found In The Middle Of A Sea. / Sinkhole Appears In The Middle Of A Road In Ogbor Hill, Aba, After Heavy Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 'hell' Of Kafala Jobs In The Middle East by Horus(m): 10:38am On Oct 27, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPCZAU47YQ

"I wanted to die": The 'hell' of kafala jobs in the Middle East

Many African and Asian countries have banned the recruitment of domestic workers for countries in the Middle East who subscribe to the “kafala” system. Under the system, foreign maids are legally bound to their employer and have limited rights. Employers can take advantage of their position and many women are overworked, underpaid and physically abused. Testimonies from women who escaped and private recordings show a world of powerlessness and abuse, hidden behind closed doors.
Re: The 'hell' Of Kafala Jobs In The Middle East by blank(f): 11:10am On Oct 27, 2018
Yet, more and more women are going to work as domestic servants in the Middle East. Middle East is no Europe or America. There's zero human rights there. Imagine sending someone with those extensive burns on a flight to Kenya without treatment.

Do we have the kind of senators in Nigeria that would organise those kind of seminars and programs? I wish.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Guidelines On Traveling To UAE, UK,US And Germany / Help: Failed Transaction And multi Debit While Booking Airspace With Zenith Card / Things You Can Legally Do If You Go To The Right Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.