Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

How Diamond Bank Duped Me. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Diamond Bank Duped Me. (636 Views)

Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 27, 2018
Before you decide to do any online transaction with diamond bank think again. They are the worst bank outside the counter by far.

So Last Last Friday, eight days ago, I tried paying online for some goods I ordered, diamond bank debited me without effecting the transaction. I have almost spent 1k airtime calling them and going their branch to to reverse the debit to no avail. They agreed the money is with them and promised a refund before seven days. This is the day eight already. The amount in question is 69,300 naira. They have gradually started giving me a cold. A sign they want to eat my money. This is a fraud alert. Before you do any online transaction with diamond bank think again!
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 27, 2018
mybelle:
Before you decide to do any online transaction with diamond bank think again. They are the worst bank outside the counter by far.

So Last Last Friday, eight days ago, I tried paying online for some goods I ordered, diamond bank debited me without effecting the transaction. I have almost spent 1k airtime calling them and going their branch to to reverse the debit to no avail. They agreed the money is with them and promised a refund before seven days. This is the day eight already. The amount in question is 69,300 naira. They have gradually started giving me a cold shoulder. A sign they want to eat my money.

This is a fraud alert. Before you do any online transaction with diamond bank think again!
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by olaric(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2018
Sincerely it takes even longer to have such transactions reversed. l don't think want to defraud you.
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2018
olaric:
Sincerely it takes even longer to have such transactions reversed. l don't think want to defraud you.

Like how long do you mean?
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by olaric(m): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2018
mybelle:

Like how long do you mean?

It may persist unless you go to a Diamond bank branch near you. But truth be told most banks would tell you that they are waiting for the merchants to come forward for their money within 10 days or a refund will be made. Let us also get one thing clear though, 8 working days excluding weekends is the standard.
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 27, 2018
olaric:

It may persist unless you go to a Diamond bank branch near you. But truth be told most banks would tell you that they are waiting for the merchants to come forward for their money within 10 days or a refund will be made. Let us also get one thing clear though, 8 working days excluding weekends is the standard.

I have actually gone to their branch. Though I engaged them more on calls through their customer care.
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 27, 2018
olaric:

They gave me a date of 26th October for the refund yet nothing happened.
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by mankettle(m): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
I believe CBN created a platform for complaints about such transactions
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Juchii(m): 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hah! This is serious. This is why betting sites do not encourage their customers to use diamond bank to credit their account. They always fail
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2018
mankettle:
I believe CBN created a platform for complaints about such transactions

How can someone access such platform?
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by olaric(m): 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
mybelle:

I have actually gone to their branch. Though I engaged them more on calls through their customer care.

Don't relent in your quest. Most if not all are dishonest.
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by fergieboy: 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
Go to their page on twitter and thank me later
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
fergieboy:
Go to their page on twitter and thank me later

Have done that long ago.
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
Visit a branch with your lawyer ..... or Rant on twitter Tag most social media influencer na them go dey beg you

1 Like

Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Apitch(m): 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2018
My brother, the word "DUPED" shouldn't come in here. Your money will be reversed. Same happened to me when I tried buying on jumia and first bank told me I have to wait for a month to see if jumia will claim they supplied me, but if after one month, and no call from jumia, they will refund me. But if you want your reversal to be fast, notify the online people you intend to pay and ask them to call your bank and clear the air.
Thanks, hope this helps
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 28, 2018
Chukason1:
Visit a branch with your lawyer ..... or Rant on twitter Tag most social media influencer na them go dey beg you

That one on my mind honestly. But I still want to give some little respect to them.
Re: How Diamond Bank Duped Me. by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 28, 2018
Apitch:
My brother, the word "DUPED" shouldn't come in here. Your money will be reversed. Same happened to me when I tried buying on jumia and first bank told me I have to wait for a month to see if jumia will claim they supplied me, but if after one month, and no call from jumia, they will refund me. But if you want your reversal to be fast, notify the online people you intend to pay and ask them to call your bank and clear the air.
Thanks, hope this helps

One full month? Are you serious. Typical of inept Nigerian banks. I have long made contact with jumia who requested for a bank statement. They have long clarified that the money didn't reach them. And even gave me a voucher in case I would want something else.

(1) (Reply)

I Finally Delivered My First Fiverr Order, Mistakes New Fiverr Marketers Make / How Mobile Nig Took My #1000 Airtime And Refused To Fund My Wallet / Join Us And Start Earning N500,000 Monthly As Real Estate Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.