Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? (1223 Views)

Is It Advisable To Save Money With These Recent Events / Is It Advisable To Safe Money In Kuda Bank Account . I'm Feed Up Of Nigerians / Guide To Production Of Chemical Based Products In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by nastyking(m): 11:08am On Oct 27, 2018
Is it advisable to study chemical engineering...?based on employment, salary etc or should I choose another aspect of engineering.
Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by ednut1(m): 11:10am On Oct 27, 2018
nastyking:
Is it advisable to study chemical engineering...?based on employment, salary etc
bank job, audit job fall on u.
Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by Nne5: 11:15am On Oct 27, 2018
nastyking:
Is it advisable to study chemical engineering...?based on employment, salary etc
In Nigeria, yes!
Because 'at least' it's engineering.

ednut1:
grin grin grin
Bro na wa oo.
Why so harsh? grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by ednut1(m): 11:21am On Oct 27, 2018
Nne5:

In Nigeria, yes!
Because 'at least' it's engineering.

grin grin grin
Bro na wa oo.
Why so harsh? grin
someone would suffer 5 years to get 2.1 na access bank or kpmg e go end. Y not kuku study accounting with less suffer na grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by yomi007k(m): 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
ednut1:
someone would suffer 5 years to get 2.1 na access bank or kpmg e go end. Y not kuku study accounting with less suffer na grin

So true.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by Gerrard59(m): 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2018
nastyking:
Is it advisable to study chemical engineering...?based on employment, salary etc or should I choose another aspect of engineering.

How old are you? Are your parents/sponsors buoyant? If you are below 20, then chemical engineering can be studied at any university of your choice. If you are above 20 and you desire to study ChemE, ensure you do so in a good private not a public university. If you don't have the financial resources, then study a four-year course; preferably, physics, chemistry or mathematics. These courses are as good as ChemE; more so, if you make a first class coupled with the celerity compared to ChemE.

ChemE ain't bad after all, salaries are largely the same across all disciplines at entry level in a firm and employment these days is not particular on what one studied, unless for professional disciplines. If you got PG aspirations, after your studies, write the GRE and target mostly US based institutions.

At the end of the day (if you get to stay in Nigeria), you might work in a financial institution rather than an engineering firm. We're in a country where first class graduates in biochemistry register for ICAN examinations. If you can develop a predilection for the financial industry, study economics.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by ggoldmine: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
nastyking:

My dear, if the employment would be in Nigeria, I advise your go for one of these- electrical engr, mechanical engr, computer science.
Chemical engr? No!
Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by InansBobo(m): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2018
ednut1:
what happened to all the chemical industries in Lagos, portharcourt, Ibadan etc, the paint, ceramics, polymer, oil industries in NIGeria? Who would work there?
Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by ednut1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
InansBobo:
what happened to all the chemical industries in Lagos, portharcourt, Ibadan etc, the paint, ceramics, polymer, oil industries in NIGeria? Who would work there?
every 3 months over 1000 engine grads finish nysc. The companies u are talking about how many are full staffhow many are expats The current staff doe dey resign or move to other jobs in mass D company i work advertises every year for graduates 2.1 and above . They need just 50 yearly over 10000 apply. Go to linkedin and check where most engine grads are . Its bank. Is it that they love bank jobs

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by InansBobo(m): 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
ednut1:
every 3 months over 1000 engine grads finish nysc. The companies u are talking about how many are full staffhow many are expats The current staff doe dey resign or move to other jobs in mass D company i work advertises every year for graduates 2.1 and above . They need just 50 yearly over 10000 apply. Go to linkedin and check where most engine grads are . Its bank. Is it that they love bank jobs
wow, terrible! but they can still be employed under various federal government parastatals
Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by ednut1(m): 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
InansBobo:
wow, terrible! but they can still be employed under various federal government parastatals
pls dont get me angry please.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by Gerrard59(m): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
ednut1:

grin grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Study Chemical Engineering ? by InansBobo(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
ednut1:
grin

(1) (Reply)

43 Front-end and Back-End ( Full Stack )Udemy Courses / Boost Your Business Promo Offer / You Can Start So Small; This Side Hustle Pays...try It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.