Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

The Bible Wont Just Burn! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Wont Just Burn! (4478 Views)

Nwobodo wasn't a Faithful Anglican, PDP to APC wont save him– Bishop Chukwuma / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Akwasi(m): 8:02am On Jul 19, 2010
God is truly wonderful. There were several reports of fire outbreaks in Ghana over the weekend but God in His wisdom did something marvelous to indicate to His people that He can deliver whomever, whatever and whichever He wants from a seemingly hopeless situation. Please read this report. It is a true story and it happened just this weekend.

Takoradi, July 16, GNA - With the exception of a Holy Bible, all properties including paints, chemicals, electrical gadgets and personal belongings were destroyed by fire at the Ark Paint Ventures, a paint company early Friday morning in Takoradi.

An opened Holy Bible, which was on a burnt suitcase, was intact.

Personnel from the Takoradi Fire office, joined by their colleagues from the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority, brought the fire which started about 0800 hours under control in 45 minutes.

Eye witnesses told the Ghana News Agency at the scene that they heard a loud explosion from one of the offices followed by fire and called the firemen.

Mr Archibald Deman, owner of the paint company which is located in the Public Works Department (PWD) premises, said he established the factory four years ago.

Mr Deman said due to accommodation problems he had packed a lot of his personal belongings into one of the offices and they were to be conveyed to a house on Sunday.

He said unfortunately all the belongings together with the paints, chemicals for the production of the paints and furniture were consumed by the fire.
GNA

http://www.ghananewsagency.org/s_social/r_18141/
ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage//regional/artikel.php?ID=186233
news.peacefmonline.com/social/201007/60673.php

Hallelujah!
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:16am On Jul 19, 2010
Akwasi:

God is truly wonderful.

So you mean God would save a bible but let millions die in Tsunami's, Hurricanes and earthquakes in Haiti, Indonesia and New Orleans!! Wow!! God is really wonderful. I cant argue that.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2010
^^^^ his word is more important than his creation, grin

I tried burning the Bible because of this and guess what, it burned like a muphuka. I guess it is because it was a Gideons International Bible, a freebee will waste some money and go by a KJV and see what happens grin
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by johndavid1(m): 11:02am On Jul 20, 2010
Okija_juju:

So you mean God would save a bible but let millions die in Tsunami's, Hurricanes and earthquakes in Haiti, Indonesia and New Orleans!! Wow!! God is really wonderful. I cant argue that.
okija juju repent. the name you answer affects you in one way or the other  so change that name even your location okija shrine cos the next time fire comes down it is going to be on okija shrine and you will not be saved! grin grin grin
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by mazaje(m): 11:12am On Jul 20, 2010
How many times have people personally seen Muslims completely burn down churches to ashes with humans and bibles inside in Kano and Jos? What is the OP talking about?. . . .I even have Muslims(friends and cousins) that use the Gideon's bible to wrap weed and smoke because the pages of the bible are just like wrizzler. . . . .Back in the days I use to silently pray to God to make them crazy and go insane for defiling  the pages of his words grin grin. . If only I had known better. . . . There are similar stories of houses burning down and koran remaining untouched etc. . . . .Any tale to further the delusions. . . .
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by johndavid1(m): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2010
mazaje:

How many times have people personally seen Muslims burn down churches with humans and bibles inside in Kano and Jos?. . . .I even have Muslims(friends and cousins) that use the Gideon's bible to wrap weed and smoke because the pages of the bible are just like wrizzler. . . . .Back in the days I use to silently pray to God to make them crazy and go insane for defiling  the pages of his words grin grin. . If only I had known better. . . . There are similar stories of houses burning down and koran remaining untouched etc. . . . .An tale to further the delusions. . . .
just leave God to handle those that defiled his words his own way!
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by mazaje(m): 11:35am On Jul 20, 2010
john david:

just leave God to handle those that defiled  his words his own way!

Which is his own way?. .In the bible trying to play with God's word or actions like trying to save the ark of covenant from falling will immediately get you killed. . . . .I thought the bible says that never changes?. , Its says God is the same yesterday, today and forever, no?. . . .
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Akwasi(m): 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2010
A question for all of you guys who are blaspheming. Can anyone of you, anyone at all give me an INTELLIGENT reason(s) why the Bible didn't burn?

Remember this is a real story and there were thousands of witnesses.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by mazaje(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2010
Akwasi:

A question for all of you guys who are blaspheming. Can anyone of you, anyone at all give me a INTELLIGENT reason(s) why the Bible didn't burn?

The same has happened to the koran, even dictionaries with hard cover, I know a university student  back in the days whose room was burnt down completely but his hard covered Webster dictionary was untouched by the fire, You know the way the bible is, the pages are many and are very tightly held together and most bibles have a hard cover, that could aid in it not burning down completely. . . .By the way the picture of the unburnt bible is not even on display on the site you got the news from. . .
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2010
Akwasi:

A question for all of you guys who are blaspheming. Can anyone of you, anyone at all give me an INTELLIGENT reason(s) why the Bible didn't burn?

You need a lesson on how Fire works.

1: Fire needs an accelerant (fuel, gas, oxygen, resins of a particular kind will act as an accelerant also)
2: What sort of Brief-case was the Bible placed on? Material elements may be plastic, rubber, leather or fibre - each with its own fire-accelerating or decelerating properties
3: If the Bible was placed on the Carpet on its side with some pages open, I swear it will burn like a muphuka.

You see certain conditions including the rate of the fire-spread, the surface on which the Bible was placed and per chance the fact that the suitcase will have metal parts across the side that will de-celerate the fire enough to cause it to quench before reaching your fire-proof Bible.

There is no miracle involved here so move along, there is nothing to see
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by alexleo(m): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2010
@mazaje,
quite a pity you allowed the devil to deceive you so much about a God whom you first belived and served. You are just deceiving your self. Saying you are wiser now by not believing God is like a car owner who disconnected his temperature guage because his car is over heating. Has he solved the problem? The car will still overheat and the top cylinder will still burn because removing the guage so that you wont see the temperature rise doesnt mean the over heating problem is over. likewise, believing in your mind that there is no God, no heaven, no hell and saying you no more live in fear of God does not change the fact that there is. Better turn back to God now before its too late. Remember, after life judgement follows. It doesnt matter weather you believe it or not.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Akwasi(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2010
These bunch of blasphemes are very funny. I was expecting them to show at least some small wisdom but again they failed.

How can u talk about hard cover when we are speaking about open Bible? These guys are i.diots, no wonder they do not believe in the only wisdom in the world, God.

And to all these blasphemes, you missed ur chance to discuss this topic with me. I will never reply any of ur useless comments.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by alexleo(m): 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2010
Akwasi
i wanted to tell you to ignore those atheists because I ve discorvered they take pride in our exchange of replies with them. They say we are delusional but i ve told them that the greatest delusion is when someone who said he doesnt believe in God comes to a section where children of God are discussing about their God. Why dont they open their own section and see weather we will be coming there? Dont go into calling them names. I know you are angered by their foolish belief but just ignore them. God bless you.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2010
^^^^^ ignorance is folly, seek knowledge and with it understanding. look for it like you will die without it, at least that is what the Bible teaches so follow it to the letter grin
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by mazaje(m): 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2010
alexleo:

@mazaje,
quite a pity you allowed the devil to deceive you so much about a God whom you first belived and served.

Which devil deceived me? have you ever seen or meet any devil? Am talking about reality and you are busy parroting one myth after the other. . . .

You are just deceiving your self.

You are the one deceiving yourself believing in the mythical construct of Jews, Romans and Greeks. . . . .

Saying you are wiser now by not believing God is like a car owner who disconnected his temperature guage because his car is over heating. Has he solved the problem? The car will still overheat and the top cylinder will still burn because removing the guage so that you wont see the temperature rise doesnt mean the over heating problem is over. likewise, believing in your mind that there is no God, no heaven, no hell and saying you no more live in fear of God does not change the fact that there is

I know its always about fear, I am not fearful of mythical constructs. . . ,

Better turn back to God now before its too late. Remember, after life judgement follows. It doesnt matter weather you believe it or not.

Before I was born I knew nothing, after I die I will know nothing. . . . . .The after life is what you were made to believe, it has nothing to do with reality. . . .
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Dolemite(f): 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2010
Of what good is a bible when his possessions were torched. . .Christians tend to believe ANYTHING they read, the bible is just a book, instead of attributing supernatural abilities to a book follow the word of the book!!
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by johndavid1(m): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2010
Dolemite:

Of what good is a bible when his possessions were torched. . .Christians tend to believe ANYTHING they read, the bible is just a book, instead of attributing supernatural abilities to a book follow the word of the book!!
let me tell you the bible is worth more than all his possessions
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Akwasi(m): 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2010
If its your life up against the Word of God, I will advice you to choose the Word of God. Who cares about this sinful flesh anyway, but we have a chance to link up our souls with the Father.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Okijajuju1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2010
So how come all you pro-un-burnable bible havent answered my question??

What does it profit God to save a single bible that could be reprinted from recycled toilet roll and destroy an entire city of both believers and unbelievers including their churches, bibles, bible manufacturing companies, e.t.c??

Is this how desperate you christians have become in order to show how "awesome" God is?? Is a bible now more important than life?? Will God intentionally save a bible and let a man die??

Is this the type of God you serve??

Please explain how this bible not being burnt translate to a miracle??
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by VALIDATOR: 9:30am On Jul 27, 2010
Their pattern of reasoning is quite simple.Anything that can not be understood is a miracle.
That is the easy way to explain things away.There is no real desire to look objectively and understand.That is the simple reason why there is so much poverty in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:48am On Jul 27, 2010
^^^^ cool
My chief concern is that religious fools abound in millions in Africa, Hell is truly going to be over-populated with retards angry
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by alexleo(m): 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2010
if the poster had told this story on his own without posting the source, you people will still say that he cooked up lies. Now he posted the source and some people are using foolish reasoning to deny what God did. God uses so many ways to speak to us and this is one of them. Period. The greatest foolishness is when people with foolish reasoning call others fools because they are appreciating the work of their God. You people think we can exchange our God with your foolish reasonings. Keep wasting your time. We have proved God and we are still proving his greatness in the world and in our lives everyday so keep wasting your time i say again.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by VALIDATOR: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^
God not allowing Bilble/Quran to burn is something I have been hearing since when I was a kid. So,there will be no need for the poster to give me any source for the story.Back then even as a kid I understood that they just didn't know the dynamics of how fire works.Now you are an adult and with the simple lesson lagerwhenindoubt gave you on fire,you still can't figure it out?Or you just chose to be ignorant?
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by baslone: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
Funny guyz all y'all!
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Akwasi(m): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
alexleo:

if the poster had told this story on his own without posting the source, you people will still say that he cooked up lies. Now he posted the source and some people are using foolish reasoning to deny what God did. God uses so many ways to speak to us and this is one of them. Period. The greatest foolishness is when people with foolish reasoning call others fools because they are appreciating the work of their God. You people think we can exchange our God with your foolish reasonings. Keep wasting your time. We have proved God and we are still proving his greatness in the world and in our lives everyday so keep wasting your time i say again.

My brother you are right. But as you told me some other time, don't waste your time on those fools(the Bible calls them fools).

By the way, the reason I posted this article here was not for these fools to explain to me how the Bible survived the inferno but to let all of you my beloved believers know that our God is really alive and He is always watching us and giving us the signs and signals of the end time that He promised us.

I am glad all the unbelieving fools who came on this thread never tried to dispute the story because it was witnessed by thousands of people. Once again, may God bless all the believers and heal the fools of their foolishness.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by mazaje(m): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
author=Akwasi link=topic=481465.msg6465509#msg6465509 date=1280322126
My brother you are right. But as you told me some other time, don't waste your time on those fools(the Bible calls them fools).

Bla bla bla. . . .The writers of the bible(writers of myths, legends and ridiculous fantasies) are what I call fools, including those of you that chose to believe in their lies, myths and fantasies. . . .

By the way, the reason I posted this article here was not for these fools to explain to me how the Bible survived the inferno but to let all of you my beloved believers know that our God is really alive and He is always watching us and giving us the signs and signals of the end time that He promised us.

Ohhh, interesting. . .So your God was busy giving you signs and signals eh, where was the said God when Muslims were burning bibles and Christians inside Churches in Jos recently? So because a bible refused to burn means that the world is coming to an end, eh? . . .What about countless other books like the koran and dictionaries that survived other infernos?. . . . .

I am glad all the unbelieving fools who came on this thread never tried to dispute the story because it was witnessed by thousands of people. Once again, may God bless all the believers and heal the fools of their foolishness.

Whats there to dispute?. . . .Koran, bibles, dictionaries have all survived infernos so there is nothing new there, again where was your God to show the sign of the end times when muslims were busy killing christians and burning them and their bibles in Jos recently?. . . .

And why are you calling us fools?. . .Do you want to end up in hell? grin grin. . . .

22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the Sanhedrin. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by alexleo(m): 7:44am On Jul 29, 2010
@Akwasi,
just keep on with your faith in Christ. Dont be distracted by the evil seeds this useless minds are sowing whenever christians post their thread. Remember thats the work of the enemy. Personally I dont read any foolish or unreasonable thread posted by an atheist because they have absolutely nothing to offer. If they post any foolish reply in my thread i just ignore them. They feed fat when we exchange replies with them. The best thing we christians can do is to ignore them and their foolish thread. Lets limit our arguments within ourselves and learn from each other. When we render them irrelevant in our discussions, they will then find themselves on the lonely path of foolishness. God bless you.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Okijajuju1(m): 7:59am On Jul 29, 2010
^^^

Verily, Verily I say unto you, your foolishness knows no bounds. Little wonder your bible says in the book of Hosea chapter 4, verses 6

"My people die for lack of knowledge, cos thou hast rejected knowledge."

This thread has made a mockery of your God. It shows that your God is more interested in trivial things like recycleable material than he does for his people.
Like Mazaje asked, where was your "Bible-saving God" when Islamic radicals over-ran churches, killing "Bible-reading Christians", burning down his "temples" and hundreds of Bibles in it??

Is God more interested in the bible than he is in his chldren??

Will he rapture the bible or his children??

Isnt there more joy in heaven over a saved christian soul than there is over a saved bible??

Does your God love a single bible more than he loves the million of his proclaimed people (the Jews/Isrealis) who were led to the gas chambers??

I'm sure God is hiding his face from people like you. You are a disgrace to Christianity. Even I an unbeliever can defend your faith better than you.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a christian if this is the sort of blasphemy you will spew. angry angry angry
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by mazaje(m): 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2010
alexleo:

@Akwasi,
just keep on with your faith in Christ. Dont be distracted by the evil seeds this useless minds are sowing whenever christians post their thread. Remember thats the work of the enemy. Personally I dont read any foolish or unreasonable thread posted by an atheist because they have absolutely nothing to offer. If they post any foolish reply in my thread i just ignore them. They feed fat when we exchange replies with them. The best thing we christians can do is to ignore them and their foolish thread. Lets limit our arguments within ourselves and learn from each other. When we render them irrelevant in our discussions, they will then find themselves on the lonely path of foolishness. God bless you.

Bla bla bla. . . . .I asked you a very simple question but it seems you are more interested in your delusions. . . .Where was your God when muslims burnt down churches with christians and many bibles inside in Jos recently?. . . . .
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Akwasi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2010
Okija_juju:

^^^

Verily, Verily I say unto you, your foolishness knows no bounds. Little wonder your bible says in the book of Hosea chapter 4, verses 6

"My people die for lack of knowledge, cos thou hast rejected knowledge."

This thread has made a mockery of your God. It shows that your God is more interested in trivial things like recycleable material than he does for his people.
Like Mazaje asked, where was your "Bible-saving God" when Islamic radicals over-ran churches, killing "Bible-reading Christians", burning down his "temples" and hundreds of Bibles in it??

Is God more interested in the bible than he is in his chldren??

Will he rapture the bible or his children??

Isnt there more joy in heaven over a saved christian soul than there is over a saved bible??

Does your God love a single bible more than he loves the million of his proclaimed people (the Jews/Isrealis) who were led to the gas chambers??

I'm sure God is hiding his face from people like you. You are a disgrace to Christianity. Even I an unbeliever can defend your faith better than you.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a christian if this is the sort of blasphemy you will spew.  angry   angry   angry 

mazaje:

Bla bla bla. . . .The writers of the bible(writers of myths, legends and ridiculous fantasies) are what I call fools, including those of you that chose to believe in their lies, myths and fantasies. . . .

Ohhh, interesting. . .So your God was busy giving you signs and signals eh, where was the said God when Muslims were burning bibles and Christians inside Churches in Jos recently? So because a bible refused to burn means that the world is coming to an end, eh? . . .What about countless other books like the koran and dictionaries that survived other infernos?. . . . .

Whats there to dispute?. . . .Koran, bibles, dictionaries have all survived infernos so there is nothing new there, again where was your God to show the sign of the end times when muslims were busy killing christians and burning them and their bibles in Jos recently?. . . .

And why are you calling us fools?. . .Do you want to end up in hell? grin grin. . . .

22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the Sanhedrin. [b]And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell[/b]

You now see why I call you guys fools? You quote something you say you don't believe in. your heads need to be checked. For your information, the Bible calls people like you fools and that is exactly what you are.

It is only a fool that thinks he created himself or dropped from the sky. If you have brains, know that everything in the world including that finger of yours that you use to type your ignorance were all created by the Master Designer.

Whether you like it or not, Heaven and hell exists and God in His own wisdom knows why disasters occur. When you continue to stay in your ignorance and get to hell, may be you can yell and ask God why disasters happen and if He wishes, He might allow your master, the devil, to answer your curiosity.
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by mazaje(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
Akwasi:

You now see why I call you guys fools? You quote something you say you don't believe in. your heads need to be checked. For your information, the Bible calls people like you fools and that is exactly what you are.

Bla bla bla sheep have you any wool?. . . . .I am quoting the bible to show you that you don't even live by what it says, despite your endless cries about how you believe in it. . . . . . .

It is only a fool that thinks he created himself or dropped from the sky. If you have brains, know that everything in the world including that finger of yours that you use to type your ignorance were all created by the Master Designer.

Who here has ever claimed that he created himself? Why did you suddenly jump from "the bible refused to burn" which means " your God has sent you a sign that says the end of the world is near" to "its only a fool that thinks he created himself"?. . . .Its seem you know very well that your arguments have no merits at all. . . . .This topic is not about creation but about your baseless and ridiculous claims of the end of the world being near just because a bible survived an inferno, I have told you about other books like the koran and a dictionary that survived other infernos too, a bible surviving an inferno is NOTHING new since other books have also survived infernos, go ask the muslims and I believe some of them here will provide credible evidence to show you that the koran has also survived an inferno. Things like these happen sometimes. . . . .A better sign to show that your God is real or the end is near(what ever that means) will be for him to have saved the christians and the bibles that were burnt in churches during the recent jos crisis, no? At least in the bible Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego survived a fiery inferno according to the story, becauseyour God wanted to prove a point and send a sign, or does your God only act in stories found in the pages of books written by men?. . . . . .

Whether you like it or not, Heaven and hell exists and God in His own wisdom knows why disasters occur. When you continue to stay in your ignorance and get to hell, may be you can yell and ask God why disasters happen and if He wishes, He might allow your master, the devil, to answer your curiosity.

Of course heaven and hell exist but ONLY in your deluded imaginations and in the imaginations of others like you that have been systematically conditioned and indoctrinated to believe in the myth. . . . .Of course I need to go to hell, how else will your beliefs continue if there is no hell for me and other unbelievers like me that choose not to subscribe to your mythical beliefs to go to and suffer for all eternity and a heaven for you to go and enjoy because you have been conditioned and indoctrinated to believe in the ideas, conception, imaginations and myths of other men that created all the fables. . . .Its all a myth that is why you have to be told what to believe, how to believe and when to believe. . . .Keep on keeping on. . . .And who the heck is the devil ? I am talking about reality while you keep bandying one myth after the other. . . . .Have you ever seen the devil? How does he look like, and what language does he speak?. .NONSENSE. .
Re: The Bible Wont Just Burn! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2010
abeg make we here word, na today boys don dey use bible and quran smoke weed?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could Someone Knowleable Please Teach About Spirit Husbands And Wives? / The World Is Coming To An End / The Absurdity Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.