Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) (5791 Views)

My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me / Remorse After Leaving My Job / Youtube Channel Manager Needed For A Job Tomorrow At Yaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by AnuliKay: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
Africa Country Manager

Job Description: Our client seeks a Country Manager to support an existing academic endeavor and explore further opportunities in Nigeria. The position will likely be based in Abuja with frequent trips to surrounding Northern Nigerian states.

Our client consists of a global network of academics who specialize in conducting randomized evaluations of social policies/programmes to generate scientific evidence about what works in the fight against poverty. The organisations policy group analyses and disseminates research results and builds partnerships with policymakers to ensure that policy is driven by evidence, and effective programmes are scaled up.

Apply: https://lawjobsportal.com/job/africa-country-manager/
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by MicroSweet(m): 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2018
Sorry man. You wear the shoes and sure know where it pinches you... Do your thing and feel good. You can grow in a toxic workplace. It sure, takes a toll on your health too.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by thesicilian: 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:

enyia this is nigeria.
getting a new job is hard.

it doesn't even sound like he has planned how he'll survive after quitting.
He has to at least have a back up plan before quitting
What you say is true, there should always be a back up plan or job before quitting, but what do you do when you have to work morning till night, Monday to Saturday? Where's the time for an interview? Sometimes one just has to take the leap of faith.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2018
God will give u a job

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2018
I advice you stick to that job while applying and trying other job options. It'd more frustrating not having an income means to being used as u said. Until you find a better job or an alternate means of stable income don't quit please.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
The reason y most employers do this is because they know u would stay and are scared of being jobless. Sad that pple here dont mind that kind of useless job smh
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by jelel6: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2018
For what it's worth, I wish to still say something about the particular incident after reading your initial post.

from my understanding of the situation, you may have made a mistake.

when your boss asked you to take responsibility for the delivery of the said goods, I strongly believe she wanted you to assume the role of the actual person who was suppose to handle this job. It's clear you had considerable knowledge about what needed to be done before delivered goods are ready for selling. BUT you didn't have enough to provide clarity when the girls asked you whether to commence sale or not. You were their superior, nobody would blame them since they requested for your directive.

To me, in essence, you basically reminded them about all necessary prerequisites before selling could begin. These are information the girls probably knew themselves. But THEY WANTED YOU TO CLARIFY STILL, THEY WANTED A YES OR NO! Mind you, make no mistake, it was the right thing for them to do.

To your credit, you didn't instruct them to sell or NOT TO SELL. however, they still had a decision to make and they decided not to sell. which I believe 100% was the sensible thing for them to do considering your lecture to them about what needed to be in place before sale could begin.

TO make my point, as an outsider looking in, I may forgive you for not having sufficient authority to instruct them to begin sale or not to, as soon as you left you boss' office. But since they recognized your authority by going the full length by asking you for further directive, I say this with utmost respect Sir, DON'T YOU THINK YOUR HUMBLE SELF SHOULD HAVE CALL THE BOSS TO TELL YOU INDEED WHETHER TO SELL THOSE GOODS OR NOT?

I GET You probably didn't want to engage with your bosses more than necessary considering the picture you painted of her. Perhaps, selling those goods is the ultimate essence of your firm. you've got to shoulder the risk of drawing your boss' anger even if she may insult you for not being SURE of what to do and wasting her precious time by PLACING THAT PHONE CALL.

unfortunately, some selling opportunity was lost forever, and it is all about the money I suppose. Since MONEY became involve, there is no escaping her in her worst behavior, regretfully.

Of COURSE, I'm too NICE and HUMBLE to Justify PRIDE and PREJUDICE.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by lanicky(f): 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2018
You earn 6 figure salary? Yet u couldn't save to start ur own business? Interesting.

God will provide a new job for you.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by onlyme07(m): 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
My brother,this is 9ja and not Yankee, everybody is aggressive and mildly insane. I didn't read your first post though,but it's always advisable to have something doing before you quit. That savings you depend upon will vanish and it will be back to square one. Invest that money first,let it start yeilding and see if it is worth while to quit your present job. As most folks have said, things are really hard in this country, and more harder being jobless. Re-think bro. Endure a little,it will surely pass. Pls, don't quit now, except you have another or your investment is yeilding.#1kobo
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by taretoofine(m): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
let me replace you ,please PM me .
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by dahmie2013: 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
My bro, I'm sorry about ur predicament, I have read ur earlier thread, but unfortunately I dont think it is enof 4 u to quit ur current job.

Understand one thing, employers of labour are always doing this cos dey know d level of unemployment in Nigeria. So please, so long she is not threatening to fire u, I still fill u should retain ur job. What u should do now is 2 intensify ur job search and not think of resigning.

Getting a job now is like having children, only God gives jobs. U might think with ur experience u'll get anoda one easily, I tell u bro, its even more difficult.

Please & please, for the sake of ur fiancee, do not resign yet, be optimistic & keep hope alive for a better one. If she fire's u in d cause of working, u will know u gave ur best. Also look inwards, see what u can do to change. No place is perfect, we have 2 learn 2 suck up whatever thing we see.

More importantly, pray and ask the Holy Spirit (If u're a Christian) for guidance.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by solelymade: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
There is a cost paid for every action and there is an opportunity cost that can never be absolutely determined in life for alternatives forgone.. Ordinarily, I will advice you retrieve the resignation letter and endure the agony of your job a little more for one reason only, your exit plan is not right at all given that you seek to get another job. I have been down this lane before many told me not to quit but I did eventually cause I found little joy in my job.
Are you sure you not being ungrateful to have that job?
Life in itself with a financée without a job, hoping for one sitting at home or busy at not exceptionally viable business, ideas or savings is another heartache entirely if not more frustrating than the pains at your job.
It will only take few months say 4months to realise this or a fortunate wind of quitting on your paid job.
I pray for you Brother. Life happens to we all in different measures and unveils different packages.
God will rise to soothe your pains and allay your fears. Shalom

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Ay04z(m): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2018
6 figure
Quit am and cry later.
Don't mean to offend u. How much u don. Save so far if na reasonable amount ? Walahi i go advice u wat to do sharply.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by HenryThegreat1(m): 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ay04z:
6 figure
Quit am and cry later.
Don't mean to offend u. How much u don. Save so far if na reasonable amount ? Walahi i go advice u wat to do sharply.
sorry how much is reasonable amount if I may ask u?
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Ay04z(m): 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
HenryThegreat1:
sorry how much is reasonable amount if I may ask u?
5 million upward
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by lastclaire4(f): 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ay04z:
5 million upward

Lol I laugh in swahili. So if you have 5m you will take all at once into a business right?. Don't make that mistake o.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by lastclaire4(f): 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
solelymade:
There is a cost paid for every action and there is an opportunity cost that can never be absolutely determined in life for alternatives forgone.. Ordinarily, I will advice you retrieve the resignation letter and endure the agony of your job a little more for one reason only, your exit plan is not right at all given that you seek to get another job. I have been down this lane before many told me not to quit but I did eventually cause I found little joy in my job.
Are you sure you not being ungrateful to have that job?
Life in itself with a financée without a job, hoping for one sitting at home or busy at not exceptionally viable business, ideas or savings is another heartache entirely if not more frustrating than the pains at your job.
It will only take few months say 4months to realise this or a fortunate wind of quitting on your paid job.
I pray for you Brother. Life happens to we all in different measures and unveils different packages.
God will rise to soothe your pains and allay your fears. Shalom

I get your points though. But sometimes peace of mind is more important than money. I turned down a job because of this. I noticed it when I went for an interview. But do you know there is a certain lady who is currently abused by that same person that made me turn down the job.I always pet her whenever she comes around.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by rummmy: 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
LuckyAgbaze:

My dear

Abuse is not only the issue because at a point you will become used to it but emotionally is the problem. You will work but it's as if you are not working, you will do anything rightly or as directed and very well but at the end all you get is insult and whatsoever.

If you have being in such condition or working environment you will understand the OP just as I do very much.
Just as I understood the op...i have similar experience and I left....... It may not be easy but there is no need doing what you hate doing, no joy only depression and anger

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by FaboyedeK(m): 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
I support your decision bro. I did same thing last month. I was victimized for good 6 months.I had no choice but to leave. Though I havent gotten another job yet but at least, I have peace of mind
wunmi590:
Good morning great Nairalanders,

For those who never had access to my first thread, please find it below.

It is with regret i announce to you all that i will be leaving my abusive job tomorrow 31st of October, being the last of the month, without any backup.

I have taken the bold step to tender my resignation letter, the abuse is too much, and is unbearable for me (though some other staff have been taking the abuse like that), most times, i am always scared of going to work, and my heart would be beating so fast, as if i went on a race from Lagos to Abuja.

I have looked so lean, that even people are asking if i am really working and i earn 6 figure salary, due to the abuse and pressure of the job, we work from Monday to Saturday, and even on public holidays, which means no social life for us.

I recently fell on the bike while coming back from official duty, the only thing they could render is just an x-ray (7,000), that was only what they paid for me, i had to take my hand to the local massagers which i paid 15,000 myself to get better, i was told i would bear the cost myself, which i did.

Thank God i am better now, and no fracture or whatsoever after the x-ray.

But even with that, i still get abuse, that i am mentally retarded and i am useless due to my one hand, but i just had to put a stop to all these abuse, and move on, what is the essence of working and earning money, and you have no rest of mind, its better you just leave the job.

I am begging well meaning Nairalanders, and Nigerians, to please help me with a job, i have two years experience as an administrative officer and a year in facility maintenance manager.

I am an HND graduate of microbiology.

I am willing to relocate, as i have a house in Abeokuta, I had my introduction on the 1st of September 2018 and my fiancee is currently working in Abeokuta i travel there every Saturday, after the close of work and come back to Lagos on Monday morning.

I will appreciate a prompt response from you all, as i so much believe in nairalanders.

cc: lalasticlala

https://www.nairaland.com/4793785/what-most-painful-hurtful-thing
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Rystodave(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
Stand and refute the abuse. A strong man is not known by respecting abuse but by confronting your mountain. May God help you...
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by tenmariner: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
Op, make some savings, endure for a little more and quit. Meanwhile use this time to tailor your CV and apply for jobs as much as u can. Secondly, consider starting a small business in that abeaouka.. Look for what people lack in your area and start gradually... U can even start from your house...immediately u are sure u v an average back up pls quit that job. I as a person cant function in an abusive and tense working environment. It will affect my productivity...I have resigned a job after 10 days.. I have resigned a job after 1 month... How can u spend almost 63 hours of your time at a work and all u get is abuse that will demoralize u...

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by UfuomaUN(m): 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2018
You've not seen anything yet!
What of me that sleeps less than 5 hours a day cos of job?
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2018
Join this WhatsApp to get your dream job. Just click this link. https:///L1CAQdwRAMfD0LZ5KgS58B
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Erums(m): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:

ok I didn't read your other thread.

What I'm trying to say is, you should have a survival plan before quitting.

This country is hard rn, and is even harder for the unemployed.

Have you saved enough to at least start up a small business or at least live well till you get a new job.

These people that will support your decision here will not give you a new job oh!

You speak the truth my Guy... Wen i got tired of my former job , I started applying online for roles that suit me, luckily I got called up, I just quit immediately... Trust me relocation alone cost me 400k+ just within the state... So survival plan is very important especially now he's nt moving to a new job
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Bashman02: 8:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
Op,

I've done this before.. I know how you are feeling right now! I left my abusive job and started a business. As I speak to you now, I started from a store but I have 2 stores now. I intend to add another two next year by God's grace.

As a matter of urgency, ensure you start a GOOD business immediately out of your savings. It will keep you going while you look for a new job at your own pace. Once you get another job now, expand the business as much as you can. In as much as you are working for a private company or intend joining a private company again, you will need another source of income no matter how small. This will keep you sane and give you peace of mInd. A lot of employers deliberately want to abuse you because of the high rate of unemployment.

God bless you!
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Erums(m): 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
wunmi590:

Young man, it shows that you are the real lazy and jobless fellow.

Kindly ready again, and open my first thread and read again, and take a chill pill.

Because i am earning 6 figure does not mean, i will allow somebody to abuse my mother.

If you have been taking such insult, then, it means you dont have self respect for your mother.

The talk cut ur mama leg?... She hear am?.... Why wud dey rain abuse on you if u dnt repeat what's not instructed or if u dnt flow with the company's culture... U seff abuse bk and collect ur salary
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Erums(m): 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
lastclaire4:

I get your points though. But sometimes peace of mind is more important than money. I turned down a job because of this. I noticed it when I went for an interview. But do you know there is a certain lady who is currently abused by that same person that made me turn down the job.I always pet her whenever she comes around.

Hmmm.. Abii dem no take you for the job
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by HenryThegreat1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
Bashman02:
Op,

I've done this before.. I know how you are feeling right now! I left my abusive job and started a business. As I speak to you now, I started from a store but I have 2 stores now. I intend to add another two next year by God's grace.

As a matter of urgency, ensure you start a GOOD business immediately out of your savings. It will keep you going while you look for a new job at your own pace. Once you get another job now, expand the business as much as you can. In as much as you are working for a private company or intend joining a private company again, you will need another source of income no matter how small. This will keep you sane and give you peace of mInd. A lot of employers deliberately want to abuse you because of the high rate of unemployment.

God bless you!

. My own na hell fire working in India company na die. I plan quitting end of this year but I'm afraid if 1m naira business can sustain me before getting another job because I'm relocating out of Lagos to Ibadan and job are not really available in Ibadan.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Michealee: 8:24pm On Oct 30, 2018
In need of a writer asap
Whatsapp 08147528038
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by menix(m): 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2018
An Average policeman gets abused either by his superiors or those he protects.

When ill befalls him, no one cares talkless of X-tray money, even while on duty.

Most leave home knowing they might not return nd u re here complaining ur heart pounds cous of mere abuse.

Now ask urslf OP, if These men ve not all resigned, why should you..
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by lastclaire4(f): 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
Erums:

Hmmm.. Abii dem no take you for the job

Lol u no know me. Well, where I work is not bad but wanted a new job. But at the same time my happiness is very important to me. I have been in a place where I don't like to see Sunday evening cos of what I will face in the week. I never looked forward to Monday. If the first one was a mistake and a lesson then if I allow myself go through it again then I must stupid.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by lastclaire4(f): 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
menix:
An Average policeman gets abused either by his superiors or those he protects.

When ill befalls him, no one cares talkless of X-tray money, even while on duty.

Most leave home knowing they might not return nd u re here complaining ur heart pounds cous of mere abuse.

Now ask urslf OP, if These men ve not all resigned, why should you..

Eeeh... those ones are comfortable there abi? Op cannot take it anymore and has decided to walk away. I don't see any issue with that. She won't go and carry high BP cos of work.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month / Landmark University Employment Opportunity / Ren Money Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.