Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) (5802 Views)

My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me / Remorse After Leaving My Job / Youtube Channel Manager Needed For A Job Tomorrow At Yaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by menix(m): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
lastclaire4:

Eeeh... those ones are comfortable there abi? Op cannot take it anymore and has decided to walk away. I don't see any issue with that. She won't go and carry high BP cos of work.

When a man decides to fail, he carries his cross right Sure u nodded in affirmation..

Now when a man decides to take actions, he should also carry his cross..

So in essence, why re we been disturbed with d solicitation
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by lastclaire4(f): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2018
menix:

When a man decides to fail, he carries his cross right Sure u nodded in affirmation..

Now when a man decides to take actions, he should also carry his cross..

So in essence, why re we been disturbed with d solicitation
I wonder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by buzos: 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
my brother i was ones in the same condition and I'm still in it now. some of the things I learnt from the kind of abusive work you are talking about are: 1) You are the one to make your work enjoyable or endurable. 2) In the journey of success, there must be discouragement from people and things around you, but your ability not to run away from those challenges is what will make you successful. 3) The abuse will help you to improve yourself and become better at what you are doing. 4) Any challenge that you run away from now, a greater one must face you in the future. Having said that, my honest advise to you are: 1) Be prepared to face a greater challenge immediately which could be lack of good job for the next few years. 2) Another abusive job with even a lesser pay. 3) If you must be successful in every areas of life, Never again quit or run away from a challenge without profounding a solution for it. Finally, be diligent and cultivate the spirit of excellent in whatever you do, and with time you will be distinguished, honoured and decorated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by ikezuora4689(m): 10:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
wunmi590:
Good morning great Nairalanders,

For those who never had access to my first thread, please find it below.

It is with regret i announce to you all that i will be leaving my abusive job tomorrow 31st of October, being the last of the month, without any backup.

I have taken the bold step to tender my resignation letter, the abuse is too much, and is unbearable for me (though some other staff have been taking the abuse like that), most times, i am always scared of going to work, and my heart would be beating so fast, as if i went on a race from Lagos to Abuja.

I have looked so lean, that even people are asking if i am really working and i earn 6 figure salary, due to the abuse and pressure of the job, we work from Monday to Saturday, and even on public holidays, which means no social life for us.

I recently fell on the bike while coming back from official duty, the only thing they could render is just an x-ray (7,000), that was only what they paid for me, i had to take my hand to the local massagers which i paid 15,000 myself to get better, i was told i would bear the cost myself, which i did.

Thank God i am better now, and no fracture or whatsoever after the x-ray.

But even with that, i still get abuse, that i am mentally retarded and i am useless due to my one hand, but i just had to put a stop to all these abuse, and move on, what is the essence of working and earning money, and you have no rest of mind, its better you just leave the job.

I am begging well meaning Nairalanders, and Nigerians, to please help me with a job, i have two years experience as an administrative officer and a year in facility maintenance manager.

I am an HND graduate of microbiology.

I am willing to relocate, as i have a house in Abeokuta, I had my introduction on the 1st of September 2018 and my fiancee is currently working in Abeokuta i travel there every Saturday, after the close of work and come back to Lagos on Monday morning.

I will appreciate a prompt response from you all, as i so much believe in nairalanders.

cc: lalasticlala

https://www.nairaland.com/4793785/what-most-painful-hurtful-thing
bros abeg were u dey work....I won quickly apply for ur position before u re-sign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Erums(m): 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2018
lastclaire4:

Lol u no know me. Well, where I work is not bad but wanted a new job. But at the same time my happiness is very important to me. I have been in a place where I don't like to see Sunday evening cos of what I will face in the week. I never looked forward to Monday. If the first one was a mistake and a lesson then if I allow myself go through it again then I must stupid.

I know you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
OP, tomorrow too will make it a year I left my six-digit paying job with no backup plan. By every fresh graduate's standard, I was a "big boy" considering my net pay. You understand. Well, I saved up some money before I quit, but I knew it was not enough. Yes, no matter how much you save, so long as it is not invested in a good business, it will dwindle. Fact. When I tried to invest my savings, my fingers got real burnt. Sincerely.

I understand you man! I did not like my job for a few reasons too, and it took a toll on my health. See, I don't know how old you are, but surely one day we all shall die; but if what you are doing is leading you to your grave early on, my brother, who loses in the end? Definitely not your employer. Don't mind the critics much, them that say Nigeria is hard and this-and-that. Truly, the country is hard, but has it gotten any better since everyone has been forming akpor? Look at how people leave the country in droves -- what has changed about our standard of living, in all sincerity? The job you are doing, in what miniscule way does it benefit the common man in Nigeria? How does it improve the condition of things in the country, that you should lose your mind or health over? I actively tried securing another job for a whole year, not minding if it was less- paying than my former job; a job that would add value to my life and I thr same to my environment; I tried but I was not successful. Perhaps if you try, too, you might get a better job soon. Have you tried?

I will be blunt here: the day you quit it would be like you just breathed a new fresh air. You will find peace inside you. You'd probably want to take a few days off to relax before you start job hunting again. Afterwards, and especially if the interview invites don't start rolling in on time, feelings of doubts would start to creep in. You would start to reevaluate your decision; every single criticism from here, Nairaland, on your choice would start to play games with your mind. You would start to feel like you made a mistake. Like, perhaps, you should have just carried on with your job and be stronger than you were. The frequent debits without corresponding credits in you bank account would reinforce these thoughts. You may find yourself feeling despair inside you because you can't even talk to anyone about how you feel; how would you be able to approach the same people who told you not to quit? The ones who would probably have sworn that they would never give you a dime if you met them for any assistance. My brother, if there's anything I'd wish you hold on to if you decide to choose this path, it's just one thing: Hope.

I experienced all these, but I kept on believing, telling myself that "this too will pass". I went back to school full-time on my savings -- I am still schooling anyways, although will soon complete my coursework -- and I have been more creative than I ever was on my job. I have received support from those who at first thought I was crazy, not because I asked for it but because they felt moved by my courage to stand tall, put my hands on the plough and not look back when they were expecting I would. They did not see the struggles inside, that's why I beseech you to please hold on to Hope. Don't whine if the journey gets rough; it's tempting to want to start blaming even village people during those trying times, but see, if you have a skill or a passion you have always wanted to develop or grow, the right time would be then, to keep your mind constantly working and off distractions. Another truth is, employers would find you unattractive because you do not have a job, so may want to offer you terms and conditions or renumeration that may be ridiculous. The funny thing is, you may be tempted to jump at such offers, just to keep body alive. Oh yes! But, my guy, don't settle for anything that would still take away your peace of mind. Some may find it hard to understand the reason for your exit, so would not employ you. I still remember getting to the final stage of a recruitment exercise with a multinational firm; the MD told me point blank that I was restless, when we discussed my quitting my former job. Need I add, too, that your relationship with your finacee may be strained, for these reasons? But, my brother, no yawa. Just keep your mind busy and hope. Sometimes we just need to take a leap of faith and hope it works. Dangerous leaps. Risky. But then, if we do not take our chances now that we are young, when will we? Is it when we are old? Why, then, are we young people? Why do we have all that energy inside us now? Can we take the energy with us to the next phase of our lives? So why are we afraid of tomorrow, tomorrow when we'd have become weak to do anything, to shape the kind of life we want to live? You've got one chance at life bro, live it and love it.

I am still schooling, I mentioned before, but I have secured a position in a multinational for the coming year. I am happy. Everybody is now happy. You too can be happy, you deserve to be. My prayer is that no matter the choice you choose, you do not lose hope. Keep on believing. Take a chance, and someone would take a chance on you. Because whenever you put your mind towards achieving something, somehow the whole universe conspires to make you achieve it. Peace.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Lucifer66(m): 11:35pm On Oct 30, 2018
Bro remember what I told you. Make sure to insult her o
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by oluwakayode25(m): 12:00am On Oct 31, 2018
6 figures and you still dey jump bike mah
6 figures and won't you wash pant if your oga asked you to angry
Story fake af!!!
With the serious rate of unemployment and somebody is saying they left a high paying job because of abuse.... grin
Sorry o but I no buy this script.....Too glaring!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by femi4: 4:57am On Oct 31, 2018
N100,000 na 6 figures too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by rexlims(m): 5:47am On Oct 31, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
you don't have another job yet and you want to quit your current job.
I pity your life.

I hope you're not married or have people that solely depend on you.

I hope you saved enough money to last you till next year or atleast start up a small business
oga working a job is not a form of slavery. Whether d pay is good or not, d first thing u should consider is freedom in all aspect when doing that job. U seem to forget, that if d op dies or anything worse happens to her, that job will still continue. Sumtimes, we have to get to d very edge so that we can fly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Speedyconnect15: 7:14am On Oct 31, 2018
shakmati:
You will so suffer! If you have a six figure income, tighten your belt, live off 30k a month, make up your mind to endure the abuse for another year! By the end of one year, you will have raised enough capital to start a pure water factory. You can then tell your present bosses to go Bleep themselves. Take my advice and avoid suffer and extreme hardship.

Is pure water factory easy?

What do you think.
You have experience?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2018
peetay:
It's a bold and good decision. You are the the driver of your own life and I think you acted reasonably. Just let the negativity off your head and exude positivity at a new workplace. I wish you the very best. Positive.

Amen brotherly.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 8:52am On Oct 31, 2018
atiku4President:
God will make a way for you.

Thank you, and amen
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 8:58am On Oct 31, 2018
thesicilian:

Always read the post clearly before you comment.

Life is not always black and white. There's nothing worse than mental abuse at work, the resultant loss of self esteem can lead one to the point of contemplating suicide.

I believe he's taking the right decision. And with his tight work schedule one cannot really blame him for not being able to get another job before quitting this one.

Honestly, i am really happy with this comment.

We Nigerians believe just because we work for someone, it has become automatic to be used as slave, and also be abused anyhow and take it like that.

Most time, when it is time to go to work, my heart will just be beating fast, even uptil now, that i want to go and face an abusive boss.

The fact that i am earning 6 figure does not mean i should kill myself on another mans job. If you even see me, i dont look like some one earning the 120k.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by solelymade: 9:08am On Oct 31, 2018
Obi411:
OP, tomorrow too will make it a year I left my six-digit paying job with no backup plan. By every fresh graduate's standard, I was a "big boy" considering my net pay. You understand. Well, I saved up some money before I quit, but I knew it was not enough. Yes, no matter how much you save, so long as it is not invested in a good business, it will dwindle. Fact. When I tried to invest my savings, my fingers got real burnt. Sincerely.

I understand you man! I did not like my job for a few reasons too, and it took a toll on my health. See, I don't know how old you are, but surely one day we all shall die; but if what you are doing is leading you to your grave early on, my brother, who loses in the end? Definitely not your employer. Don't mind the critics much, them that say Nigeria is hard and this-and-that. Truly, the country is hard, but has it gotten any better since everyone has been forming akpor? Look at how people leave the country in droves -- what has changed about our standard of living, in all sincerity? The job you are doing, in what miniscule way does it benefit the common man in Nigeria? How does it improve the condition of things in the country, that you should lose your mind or health over? I actively tried securing another job for a whole year, not minding if it was less- paying than my former job; a job that would add value to my life and I thr same to my environment; I tried but I was not successful. Perhaps if you try, too, you might get a better job soon. Have you tried?

I will be blunt here: the day you quit it would be like you just breathed a new fresh air. You will find peace inside you. You'd probably want to take a few days off to relax before you start job hunting again. Afterwards, and especially if the interview invites don't start rolling in on time, feelings of doubts would start to creep in. You would start to reevaluate your decision; every single criticism from here, Nairaland, on your choice would start to play games with your mind. You would start to feel like you made a mistake. Like, perhaps, you should have just carried on with your job and be stronger than you were. The frequent debits without corresponding credits in you bank account would reinforce these thoughts. You may find yourself feeling despair inside you because you can't even talk to anyone about how you feel; how would you be able to approach the same people who told you not to quit? The ones who would probably have sworn that they would never give you a dime if you met them for any assistance. My brother, if there's anything I'd wish you hold on to if you decide to choose this path, it's just one thing: Hope.

I experienced all these, but I kept on believing, telling myself that "this too will pass". I went back to school full-time on my savings -- I am still schooling anyways, although will soon complete my coursework -- and I have been more creative than I ever was on my job. I have received support from those who at first thought I was crazy, not because I asked for it but because they felt moved by my courage to stand tall, put my hands on the plough and not look back when they were expecting I would. They did not see the struggles inside, that's why I beseech you to please hold on to Hope. Don't whine if the journey gets rough; it's tempting to want to start blaming even village people during those trying times, but see, if you have a skill or a passion you have always wanted to develop or grow, the right time would be then, to keep your mind constantly working and off distractions. Another truth is, employers would find you unattractive because you do not have a job, so may want to offer you terms and conditions or renumeration that may be ridiculous. The funny thing is, you may be tempted to jump at such offers, just to keep body alive. Oh yes! But, my guy, don't settle for anything that would still take away your peace of mind. Some may find it hard to understand the reason for your exit, so would not employ you. I still remember getting to the final stage of a recruitment exercise with a multinational firm; the MD told me point blank that I was restless, when we discussed my quitting my former job. Need I add, too, that your relationship with your finacee may be strained, for these reasons? But, my brother, no yawa. Just keep your mind busy and hope. Sometimes we just need to take a leap of faith and hope it works. Dangerous leaps. Risky. But then, if we do not take our chances now that we are young, when will we? Is it when we are old? Why, then, are we young people? Why do we have all that energy inside us now? Can we take the energy with us to the next phase of our lives? So why are we afraid of tomorrow, tomorrow when we'd have become weak to do anything, to shape the kind of life we want to live? You've got one chance at life bro, live it and love it.

I am still schooling, I mentioned before, but I have secured a position in a multinational for the coming year. I am happy. Everybody is now happy. You too can be happy, you deserve to be. My prayer is that no matter the choice you choose, you do not lose hope. Keep on believing. Take a chance, and someone would take a chance on you. Because whenever you put your mind towards achieving something, somehow the whole universe conspires to make you achieve it. Peace.

Your 3rd and 4th paragraphs are perfect summary of what all the feelings of despair the Op will certainly experience. I pray that period will be short-lived for him. Nigeria is not a country where you quit a job and you walk into your county office to claim some unemployed benefits.
Op it will be well with you, I believe whatever will be, will be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by solelymade: 9:22am On Oct 31, 2018
wunmi590:

Honestly, i am really happy with this comment.

We Nigerians believe just because we work for someone, it has become automatic to be used as slave, and also be abused anyhow and take it like that.

Most time, when it is time to go to work, my heart will just be beating fast, even uptil now, that i want to go and face an abusive boss.

The fact that i am earning 6 figure does not mean i should kill myself on another mans job. If you even see me, i dont look like some one earning the 120k.

Bros, I understand your feelings of dissatisfaction with your job and the abusive side of it but I'm tempted to believe you also have an attitude issue to your job. Be careful this is a public forum though quite faceless, a prospective employer will not take you with that attitude. Keep some feelings about the job to yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2018
solelymade:

Bros, I understand your feelings of dissatisfaction with your job and the abusive side of it but I'm tempted to believe you also have an attitude issue to your job. Be careful this is a public forum though quite faceless, a prospective employer will not take you with that attitude. Keep some feelings about the job to yourself.

Thank you for your contribution bro.

Attitude? i dont have any, and even if i have bad attitude, i will never display such in my place of work, i cherish my work, and i will do anything to hold on to it.

But honestly, you dont understand, they recruit every month, because people leave every month, the highest is 3 month.

6 figure salary is a big money for me to start bringing up attitude in my work place, considering the fact that jobs are difficult out there.

I know you might not understand what i am feeling, and they even threaten people with sack ooo, no other benefit, apart from only salary. no HMO, no pension, and we work from monday to saturday, we even work on public holidays.

So no time for other interview, i have missed countless interviews
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by solelymade: 11:08am On Oct 31, 2018
wunmi590:

Thank you for your contribution bro.

Attitude? i dont have any, and even if i have bad attitude, i will never display such in my place of work, i cherish my work, and i will do anything to hold on to it.

But honestly, you dont understand, they recruit every month, because people leave every month, the highest is 3 month.

6 figure salary is a big money for me to start bringing up attitude in my work place, considering the fact that jobs are difficult out there.

I know you might not understand what i am feeling, and they even threaten people with sack ooo, no other benefit, apart from only salary. no HMO, no pension, and we work from monday to saturday, we even work on public holidays.

So no time for other interview, i have missed countless interviews
I will make allowances for the operation guides of your office, few jobs will allow you better privileges in your industry which I assume is a retail store. Given the peculiarities of that business, that about the best they will offer you. It is industry standard practice, though unfortunate.
However, insults and verbal abuses can never be excused and should not be taken. Sadly, in a small organisation where human dignity is not protected and respect for persons there is little that can be done except one chooses denial or take a walk. I need not press further the dial is cast already and the effect of actions and in actions activated.
You will be just fine.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Ay04z(m): 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2018
lastclaire4:

Lol I laugh in swahili. So if you have 5m you will take all at once into a business right?. Don't make that mistake o.
no be all e go risk man. At least he will need to know Abt wat he is Abt to go into. First before venturing into it.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by scave(m): 2:21pm On Oct 31, 2018
wunmi590:

It is with regret i announce to you all that i will be leaving my abusive job tomorrow 31st of October, being the last of the month, without any backup.

I have taken the bold step to tender my resignation letter, the abuse is too much, and is unbearable for me (though some other staff have been taking the abuse like that), most times, i am always scared of going to work, and my heart would be beating so fast, as if i went on a race from Lagos to Abuja.

I have looked so lean, that even people are asking if i am really working and i earn 6 figure salary, due to the abuse and pressure of the job, we work from Monday to Saturday, and even on public holidays, which means no social life for us.

I recently fell on the bike while coming back from official duty, the only thing they could render is just an x-ray (7,000), that was only what they paid for me, i had to take my hand to the local massagers which i paid 15,000 myself to get better, i was told i would bear the cost myself, which i did.

But even with that, i still get abuse, that i am mentally retarded and i am useless due to my one hand, but i just had to put a stop to all these abuse, and move on, what is the essence of working and earning money, and you have no rest of mind, its better you just leave the job.

I am begging well meaning Nairalanders, and Nigerians, to please help me with a job, i have two years experience as an administrative officer and a year in facility maintenance manager.

I am willing to relocate, as i have a house in Abeokuta, I had my introduction on the 1st of September 2018 and my fiancee is currently working in Abeokuta i travel there every Saturday, after the close of work and come back to Lagos on Monday morning.

I will appreciate a prompt response from you all, as i so much believe in nairalanders.

Abeg connect me to d company make I work 4 a short while
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:26am On Nov 01, 2018
My brother I understand how you feel my advice is that still endure in the job and keep searing for a new when you get a new job you. Can resign. My brother job scarce outside ooooo am a living witness oooo it's not easy bro. But with God everytin will be fine. cool
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Steppingup4lyf: 7:57am On Nov 01, 2018
wunmi590:

hello my friend.did you finally leave?no mind me o.i believe more in action rather than talk. That choice is not easy. But things get tough before they get better. Im in no place to judge you. Nigerians are mostly concerned about job security and all its benefits,so dont take it personally, they all mean well except some extreme comments.but what i wanted to say is that. While waiting for something to do,dont spend all your savings.invest some of it in diversified portfolios such that they keep on generating income for you no matter how little on weekly and monthly basis. Or you can invest in other peoples established biz and still profit. You can reach out for any enquiry at steppingup4lyf@gmail.com. But the main things is dont eat all your seeds until something else come your way. I personally cant work for anybody and you too can succeed if you choose to. Things out there is rough. But God will see you through. I salute your courage,brother

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Damilare4lord: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2018
I can relate with what this Bro said. Bro I will advise you to take the best decision which will not affect you mentally. If you are going to leave the company make sure with no grudges or clash. Leave peacefully. The God that provided this one will provide another one for you. But My suggestion is that stay With in the Job and start looking for another opportunity if you are invited for interview go for it not regarding what will be the outcome of your company decision.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland, Help Me Out, I'm Growing Older Everyday With No Good Job To Boast Of. / Mansard Entry Level Test / Alert 4 Npower Salary For August!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.