Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) (39198 Views)

Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ / 14-Year-Old Delta Girl Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship With Boyfriend / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Businessideas: 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
University of Lagos!! I remember my Unilag days and realized how people's destinies got aborted. Out of over 200 that got admitted, only less than 30 made it to Faculty of Pharmacy induction day in Old Great Hall,Idi Araba.
As if it is the fault of students when days of lectures are missed because of official public holidays, Departments in the faculty will insist that they won't conduct exams until all the topics are covered and if it's practically or field work, you will wait until the next semester! They throw weak students out of the faculty even at 500l!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by ANGELMARVE(m): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
Niketrouble:
Four set of people that have the moral justification to commit suicide in Nigeria

1. Those with down syndrome
2. Those with any form of handicap or deformity
3. You went for your destiny checkup and was told there is no way you will make money in this life.....
4. As a guy,you are very short,very dark, very ugly and very broke like angelmarve

If you do not belong to any of this group and you commit suicide,you will rot in hell
Lol the joke is on you.
I am not short, i am not dark skinned and not ugly, though i am not as rich as i would love to but atleast i dont beg before i eat.
But money must surely come.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by bestpunterever: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
Make I fail a course 100 times, I no fit kill my self.
Highest I go quit school go learn mechanic.

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
rosieluv:
Just cause of failed exams that can be written again!!! What a shame
Don't blame the guy if you have not passed through it before.
I once had an issue similar those this guy's situation and I almost attempted suicide if not mine friends that stopped me. Mine was two missing result, the lecturers involved blankly denied I took part in the exam.God later vindicated me after the examination attendance proved my presence. Even with the proof, the lecturers involved insist I must write the exam, not as a fresh course oo but carryover. I was depressed because of the effort I have channeled into my studies and God allowed such to happen to me. Those courses were one of the highest credit units.
To cut the story I later graduated among the best with a 2nd class upper degree. I forgive those lecturers but I will never forget it.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by SniperSmurf(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2018
Trendy247:
My boy in FIFA

I thought i was the only one that noticed.
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by VannywealthDesi(f): 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
Sad. sad
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Ajixegun: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
I'm begging every student out there, please, there is no need to kill yourself because any academic hiccup. Mind you, People without cert. are really making it in the street. To be sincere, I'm an M.Sc. holder in the street hustling because my qualification has not fetched me a great job. RIP bro

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
ANGELMARVE:
Lol the joke is on you.
I am not short, i am not dark skinned and not ugly, though i am not as rich as i would love to but atleast i dont beg before i eat.
But money must surely come.

If you are damn sure of that and na your mama use her toto born you after 9months,post your pics on here and on the ashewo thread,if not go and commit suicide

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Olatunji1929: 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
The only solution to depression for me is my ganja indica once i take 2 to 3 stick i don forget everything about this useless country if you feel depressed dont kill yourself please try weed

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by ANGELMARVE(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
Niketrouble:

If you are damn sure of that and na your mama use her toto born you after 9months,post your pics on here and on the ashewo thread,if not go and commit suicide
Lol agree to my demands first.
Pm me and come to WhatsApp then you can see my pics.
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by rosieluv(f): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
vingeophysicist:
Don't blame the guy if you have not passed through it before.
I once had an issue similar those this guy's situation and I almost attempted suicide if not mine friends that stopped me. Mine was two missing result, the lecturers involved blankly denied I took part in the exam.God later vindicated me after the examination attendance proved my presence. Even with the proof, the lecturers involved insist I must write the exam, not as a fresh course oo but carryover. I was depressed because of the effort I have channeled into my studies and God allowed such to happen to me. Those courses were one of the highest credit units.
To cut the story I later graduated among the best with a 2nd class upper degree. I forgive those lecturers but I will never forget it.
You almost attempted suicide is just an irony and yes I have been there before and I rewrote the exams, failed courses is a stupid thing to die for
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Hoodbilonia: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
pride
pride
and pride
education is over rated
abegi

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Mekanus(m): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
chibike69:
cry

Mcb department frustrating students since 19 bc

Ask UNN Students
I tell you, MCB for UNN na sadists full there ooo. Them nearly give me extra year with microbial genetics (MCB 304) borrowed course ooo, I rewrote the course in my final year and got a B sha.

The guy shouldn't have committed suicide na, when there is 90% chance that he won't even be needing the certificate after graduating.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Divay22(f): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Why will Universities give admission to 16 year olds from wealthy homes.

I got admission at 28. And plus extra year, I graduated at 33 years.

Who be the Bastard way go make me commit suicide?

Who?!
Happy birthday Grandpa

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by spiritofthedead: 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
No it’s not succide please verify your information before posting it..

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Annycj: 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
suicide is not worth it any one who commit suicide will not go unpunished by God taking your own life just because you failed courses better drop out and move on with your life not Everyone succeed in life through school. we don't celebrate ones death .just rest in peaçsuicide is not worth it any one who commit suicide will not go unpunished by God taking your own life just because you failed courses better drop out and move on with your life not Everyone succeed in life through school. we don't celebrate ones death .just rest in peaçsuicide is not worth it any one who commit suicide will not go unpunished by God taking your own life just because you failed courses better drop out and move on with your life not Everyone succeed in life through school. we don't celebrate ones death .just rest in peaç
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by LeHMaR(m): 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
bestpunterever:
Make I fail a course 100 times, I no fit kill my self.
Highest I go quit school go learn mechanic.
Mechanic even better... Bad as e bad we push truck cart..

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Jokkarm2: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2018
I blame the school system for this tragedy, we all have issues at all time, but the school system does not have the academic adviser, or counsellors that their duty is to monitor students and know when they are depressed or facing one problem or the other. many that have killed themselves in way way or the other should have been prevented if they were met two minutes before the died. what is carry over ? carry over is just one of the minor academic challenges during study. i had carry over but i sat for the exam again and passed it even if though i did not pass it with good score.

We should introduce a department that sees students problems. anytime a student has carry over his or her name should be forwarded to the department for advice and encouragement. Lecturers should be able to know how their students are behaving . i really feel bad for this common problem that let the death of this young man.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by phase1: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2018
Every university department should have a student counsellor attachee.
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by OluAKGBGN(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
Donald3d:
I would keep saying it , Nigerian educational system is just a mere formality .
Lecturers stress you out, coupled with long unnecessary and outdated syllabus .
O, not to forget the annoying stress you go through when writing or building projects .
Yes, if you read well you would pass, but it comes at an expense of your health and sanity, not everyone can handle that .
Not everyone is that strong
Education should be easy and simple, knowledge acquisition should not be a strenuous task !!
RIP bro

Yes my brother...........In UNILAG, even if you read all the topics in the syllabus with out following basic steps, hmmm the result would end up in faillure or average level.....Thats UNILAG.....RIP to him.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by DopeWill(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
BrainnewsRadio:

Source: http://www.brainnewsradio.com/unilag-microbiology-student-commits-suicide-over-failed-courses-photo/

There's no excuse for suicide......

Some Pharmacists and Doctors had to repeat classes more than three (3) times while in school which made them to spend 10years in school. Some dropped out from a particular University, summoned courage to go to another University just to make their dreams come through.

When you have people of sound mind around you, suicide will be your last option.

Good parental care is important too. When I was in school, during exam periods I inform mum and Dad. If I come out of any bloody exam or fail a course I inform them... They'll encourage me and till date, I involve them in 80% of what I do.

RIP to him

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Simbrixton(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by labelle123(f): 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2018
Now this is three idiots
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by labelle123(f): 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2018
No matter the situation suicide is not the answer
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by lucianohase(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
Omg, because of mumu microbiology course!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by maxiuc(m): 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2018
Which kind of nonsense is this

How can he take his life

Look at I had ten carry over just because I was sick that period did I die

School is just for certificate

Those people who has made too much money didn't depend on certificate
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
JARUSHUB:
Terrible, are you having academic or career issues? Talk to us at JarusHub before doing something crazy that is not worth it.

Are you on WhatsApp?

How can someone talk to you?
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Modupetemmy1(f): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
that department showed me pepper last semester, me DAT went to borrow a course from their department
I almost ran mad all because I'm reading last semester due to mic403
in my department this session ;I think its only 5student that will graduate just because of this stupid course
the lecturers can frustrate life out of someone
this same department has been holding students in my department from graduating for the past 4years

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
Daminovic:

If you don't know something you make an enquiries about it. instead of you to ask reasonable questions you are there talking about business when the person you are talking to is, well known for his educational advice. Or you still doubting Google am.

We know ur other handle is JarusHub, let him come defend himself wth his moniker..
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by hahn(m): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Why will Universities give admission to 16 year olds from wealthy homes.

I got admission at 28. And plus extra year, I graduated at 33 years.

Who be the Bastard way go make me commit suicide?

Who?!

At what age did you leave secondary school? undecided
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by mechanics(m): 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2018
He should have talked to himself to improve on his poor performance, after all he was not the first to fail some courses and he won't be the last, he was not wise enough, was wrong for him to meet people who know the course better to lecture him, suicide is evil and only those who want to spend eternity in hell will do such.
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by DeMaestro1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
Good afternoon people.....
I really shouldn't be doing this, but I have no other option.
Am broke and I need help please, i would be appreciative if anyone can help a brother out.
No amount is too small.....
Don't you have a job? No I don't, but I have a business but things haven't been going well for a while and it's an agricultural based business.
Acct number - 0008276987 (GTBank).
Thank you and God bless you all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunshots As Police Rescue Victim Abducted In Abuja, Arrest Kidnapper / Pictures Of A 23-yr-old Thief Caught At Ijero-Ekiti / Man Beheads A Lady In Enugu, Buries Her In A Shallow Grave (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.