Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? (23544 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2010
tkb417:

bailed out using tax payers money?

and so? did they tell you the money would not be repaid?

Let me tell you what is happening. Vanguard reported about this months before it started happening. Some big dogs want to take over 5 top banks in Nigeria. The Feds pumped in the money in apparent deception. Just as the banks shares are now depreciating as after effect of the CBN stupidity, CBN will now revalue the bailout fund into shares in cerncert with SEC and sell the shares to those big dogs ostensibly to recoup the "tax payers money". But the plan had been hatched long before it materialized. Don't forget that when CBN was giving the money to the 5 banks they made it clear that they would recover the monies thru selling shares of the banks in the capital market.
It's no accident, it's a well ochestrated plan.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 7:51am On Jul 28, 2010
Government dont make investments ?
Maybe what you typed is a mistake.
Go back to school

have you seen the Income statement or profit and Loss statement of any CBN?

u dont have a brain grin grin grin

What you don't know might be killing you
There is an art of investing, it's hardly a science baby. A wise investor would have in 2008 divested himself of 50% of his holding to recover his full investment and the rest run as free call so that if trouble happens in the market, he'll be at no risk
Investing is no gambling but if you look at it from a novice point of view or from a half-hearted investor point of view, it looks like Asyrian magic. I decide to post a simple market chart to you that I just snapped now, if you're an investor you'd know what to do immediately.

Holla!
dont mind the rat
someone bought a bank shares for less than 7naira, got bonuses, dividends, capital appreciation of more than 300% and couldnt take his gain to recoup his investments when the goin was good.

how is ma biz if his 160k dropped to 2k? as a matter of fact, if in the same position, i would have amassed more than 500k in the same time frame
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 9:52am On Jul 28, 2010
tkb417:

Go back to school

have you seen the Income statement or profit and Loss statement of any CBN?

u dont have a brain grin grin grin

dont mind the rat
someone bought a bank shares for less than 7naira, got bonuses, dividends, capital appreciation of more than 300% and couldnt take his gain to recoup his investments when the goin was good.

how is ma biz if his 160k dropped to 2k? as a matter of fact, if in the same position, i would have amassed more than 500k in the same time frame

I think Tudor is begging for attention the wrong way. She's very lonely

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 10:35am On Jul 28, 2010
What the crap are these emergency investment analyst who are probably yet to get of school whining about?

Do you know how many investment houses in Lagos (Including   Falcon Securities allegedly owned by Akingbola and wife) who analyze the market also lost money without saving their entire investement. I am just a small time investor  in ICB shares not a guru and all i expect is growth in my investment from a public offer. I am not a speculator and the only person  apart from myself i can hold responsible is the management of the bank.

I also invested in GTB managed by muslims at he top and it's being wonderful in terms of returns, bonus and dividends. ICB managed by alleged pastors gave me no dividends and only crappy dividends.

They deceived all by making their staff have morning devotions and share word for today. They (including Oceanic) were busy announcing awards of best this best that thereby deceiving shareholders. Meanwhile they were busy carrying out insider dealings giving loans to family and cronies and acquiring personal properties on the island and abroad.

Any wonder the investments went almost belly up? Don't you know ICB and a few others shares took a very heavy battering compared to other banks?

Continue to defend them while people of other faiths laugh their buts out on very shallow standards Christians hold themselves to. Always in a hurry to embrace fraud and hide, defend and protect bad behavior.

Is someone still saying the current state of Intercontinental has no relationship with Akingbola's management style?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2010
Gidtruth:

What the crap are these emergency investment analyst who are probably yet to get of school whining about?

Do you know how many investment houses in Lagos (Including   Falcon Securities allegedly owned by Akingbola and wife) who analyze the market also lost money without saving their entire investement. I am just a small time investor  in ICB shares not a guru and all i expect is growth in my investment from a public offer. I am not a speculator and the only person  apart from myself i can hold responsible is the management of the bank.

I also invested in GTB managed by muslims at he top and it's being wonderful in terms of returns, bonus and dividends. ICB managed by alleged pastors gave me no dividends and only crappy dividends.

They deceived all by making their staff have morning devotions and share word for today. They (including Oceanic) were busy announcing awards of best this best that thereby deceiving shareholders. Meanwhile they were busy carrying out insider dealings giving loans to family and cronies and acquiring personal properties on the island and abroad.

Any wonder the investments went almost belly up? Don't you know ICB and a few others shares took a very heavy battering compared to other banks?

Continue to defend them while people of other faiths laugh their buts out on very shallow standards Christians hold themselves to. Always in a hurry to embrace fraud and hide, defend and protect bad behavior.

Is someone still saying the current state of Intercontinental has no relationship with Akingbola's management style?

After the long ranting, what's your point. Please be brief and to the point.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 11:25am On Jul 28, 2010
precap2:

Holla!

And how is it my problem if you have difficulty comprehending english? Must you post at all cost? If you got nothing more to write move over
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 11:25am On Jul 28, 2010
precap2:

Holla!
didnt get nothn from all he posted

he invested in ICB and lost money? hehehe

how he lost money i dunno cos he was supposed not to be a 'speculator'

my investment 101 tells me, a speculator is someone who buys to spot economic gains and sell

This foolish man sold when he was supposed to keep and kept when he was supposed to sell

hehehehehe
foolish man indeed

lmao
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 11:30am On Jul 28, 2010
tkb417:

didnt get nothn from all he posted

he invested in ICB and lost money? hehehe

how he lost money i dunno cos he was supposed not to be a 'speculator'

my investment 101 tells me, a speculator is someone who buys to spot economic gains and sell

This foolish man [/b]sold when he was supposed to keep and kept when he was supposed to sell

hehehehehe
[b]foolish man indeed

They still grant access to little children in nairaland go figure what your Christ said will happen to you for what you posted

lmao
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 11:35am On Jul 28, 2010
is it sinful to call a spade a spade? cheesy

ok, im sorry if that got to you

but employ some finesse when ure dealing with peeps like moi

i hate to read crap
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 11:41am On Jul 28, 2010
Gidtruth:

Did you read the prospectus that told you you could lose money as well?  

You have no leg to stand on - you invested your money and lost it, not under any compulsion but by your free will. Feel free to demonise who you wish.

So what? Is religion now the basis for investments?

RBS, HBOS and other banks nearly went belly up too - were they also a result of morning devotions?   You are making some poorly thought out conclusions here - making any link between religion and investments is a serious error of judgement.

This is not a matter of standards - anyone can come out and make 'accusations' - till those accusations are established as facts, we are all just engaging in debating conjecture.

Anyone making an investment on religious basis is a fool waiting to be parted from his money.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2010
Anyone making an investment on religious basis is a fool waiting to be parted from his money
excellent!!!!

and thanks for reminding me the disclaimer on the prospectus cheesy
that summarises everythn

vintage debosky cheesy
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 11:55am On Jul 28, 2010
anonimi:

EFCC seizure of AkingbOLE's property is not "government. . . pronounciing the money looted" or is it?
logically, Christ should have told Zaccheus, you know since you have not been pronounced fraudulent and no court has proven your loot, you don't have to restitute to the poor and others shocked

The same EFCC that has been used as an agent of persecution against 'enemies' of the government? Let them take it to court and establish the facts of the matter - there are too many cases of false accusations and witch hunts by the EFCC. Besides, has the EFCC told you how much of the looted money was given to RCCG?

Zack declared his own guilt - have you heard Akingbola declare himself guilty?   Try to use examples in the right manner and apply some logic.

why did adeboye not wait for this cherished pronouncement of yours before sacking AkingbOLE or accepting his resignation?

If he resigned (I don't know the details) you cannot force him to continue - resignation is not an acceptance of guilt either, it is an act to allow him defend himself against accusations.

it becomes clearer every day by comparing their acts and words to the standard established by Christ that adeboye and his pack of ravening wolves in sheep clothing are only concerned with mammon and not God.

What is the 'act' here that makes them concerned with 'mammon'?

First of all, does your church have all the records of your giving? How far back do the records go? At what point did the alleged stolen loot get donated to the church? 1 year ago? 10 years ago? 15 years ago?

There is a clear lack of critical reasoning here - the thread asks a question about returning looted money. Till the quantity of looted money (if any) that went into RCCG is determined, there can be no basis for a refund, bearing in mind that the church might not even have records of what was given.

The only bodies capable of determining these figures are law enforcement and the courts. SIMPLE.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Debosky,

At least i can say you actually read through my post before your replies unlike the other two guys with comprehension problems.

Did you read the prospectus that told you you could lose money as well?  Huh

You have no leg to stand on - you invested your money and lost it, not under any compulsion but by your free will. Feel free to demonise who you wish.

You don't need to tell me there is risk at every in every investment even when it is advertised as risk free. If you read my post well however i clearly stated i blame myself for the investment decision but i still do blame the management headed by the CEO. I don't know how you missed that

So what? Is religion now the basis for investments?

You obviously got your conclusions mixed up here. Akingbola flaunted his religioius credentials to show a false air of integrity which matters in business No? If you say he conned us with that then we are getting somewhere. He is that last CEO we expect to be accused of fraud even before Ovia or Elumelu.
Don't forget this is also religious section.

RBS, HBOS and other banks nearly went belly up too - were they also a result of morning devotions?  Huh You are making some poorly thought out conclusions here - making any link between religion and investments is a serious error of judgement.

They hold morning devotion there too, new info , but where the CEO's accused of acquiring  properties all over the world with values close to what their banks lost?

This is not a matter of standards - anyone can come out and make 'accusations' - till those accusations are established as facts, we are all just engaging in debating conjecture.

Anyone making an investment on religious basis is a fool waiting to be parted from his money.

Sorry sir, standards always matter when dealing with anyone otherwise anything goes becomes defensible
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^^ Oga
go and play ludo

this is not your forte. im sorrym ure not making sense
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gidtruth:

And how is it my problem if you have difficulty comprehending english? Must you post at all cost? If you got nothing more to write move over

You just joined NL and your first few posts are this smelly. You rant endlessly and got corrected then you lost your mind. Are you always like this?

tkb417:

excellent!!!!

and thanks for reminding me the disclaimer on the prospectus cheesy
that summarises everythn

Such ninny head like Gidtruth don't read prospectus. Oga investor! And come to think of it, how did he lose money as an investor who's not interested in speculating?

debosky:

Zack declared his own guilt - have you heard Akingbola declare himself guilty?  Huh Try to use examples in the right manner and apply some logic.

Logic is lacking in both his head and heart wink

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gidtruth:

@Debosky,

They hold morning devotion there too, new info , but where the CEO's accused of acquiring properties all over the world with values close to what their banks lost?

This guy is very boring embarassed
Why don't you leave the forum and return to your vulcanizing shop?

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gidtruth:

@Debosky,

At least i can say you actually read through my post before your replies unlike the other two guys with comprehension problems.

You don't need to tell me there is risk at every in every investment even when it is advertised as risk free. If you read my post well however i clearly stated i blame myself for the investment decision but i still do blame the management headed by the CEO. I don't know how you missed that

I don't have an issue with blaming management - what I object to is making a religious link to this, which you obviously have in your comparison with the 'muslim' managers at GTB. If you have a grouse with management, there are means of redress through the SEC and CBN.

One more thing, management can genuinely fail (i.e. make mistakes leading to losses) without being corrupt.

You obviously got your conclusions mixed up here. Akingbola flaunted his religioius credentials to show a false air of integrity which matters in business No? If you say he conned us with that then we are getting somewhere. He is that last CEO we expect to be accused of fraud even before Ovia or Elumelu.
Don't forget this is also religious section.

Again, I repeat INVESTMENTS based on religious sentiment is tantamount to throwing money away. I wouldn't allow a 'Christian' to operate on me if he was not a qualified doctor so why would I let that sway a financial investment?   His religion is immaterial to a judgement of his professional capability.

This is the religious section yes, but we are not doing a 'compare and contrast' between Muslim bank managers and Christian ones as your post alludes. In terms of 'expecting' fraud, I expect the worst - previous experience has shown that being called 'Pastor' is not synonymous with being a good manager.

They hold morning devotion there too, new info , but where the CEO's accused of acquiring  properties all over the world with values close to what their banks lost?

Let us get to the root of the matter here - if someone wants to steal, it is not dependent on how many morning devotions they choose to hold or not hold. Akingbola has been accused [/i]and the case should be followed to it's logical conclusion before judgement is passed.

Sorry sir, standards always matter when dealing with anyone otherwise anything goes becomes defensible

Standards matter, but [i]this issue
is not a matter of standards. Besides, accusation does not equate with guilt - that is a standard as well isn't it?

No one is asking for Christians to lower their standards, but in the same vein, we CANNOT rush to pre-emptive decisions when we don't have a clear understanding of the matters in question.

Let those entrusted with the responsibility of determining the guilt/otherwise of Akingbola do so, then the issue of whether a return should be made or not can be examined.

To ask for the proper processes to be followed is not lowering of standards.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
@precap2

You just joined NL and your first few posts are this smelly. You rant endlessly and got corrected then you lost your mind. Are you always like this?

I guess 'ranting' is a very friendly word in your vocabulary and you come here trying to sound sanctimonious. Learn to comprehend before thoughts form in your mind.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2010
debosky:

Again, I repeat INVESTMENTS based on religious sentiment is tantamount to throwing money away. I wouldn't allow a 'Christian' to operate on me if he was not a qualified doctor so why would I let that sway a financial investment?  Huh His religion is immaterial to a judgement of his professional capability.

The guy is very hard of hearing and that's the bane of everything he's doing.
Lion Bank was Managed 100% by Muslims, even their staff was more than 80% Muslims and yet where is Lion Bank today? It's not about religion, it's about time and chance in making good decision. I have the shares of AIG (America International Group), and the management was one of the best, yet they failed in their decisions and my shares lost 80% in less than 6 months. Did you notice that America bailed out Citi Group with tax payer's money? CitiBank management failed and they didn't ask the CEO to return his Ferari Enzo.
Wake up oga investor.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
Again, I repeat INVESTMENTS based on religious sentiment is tantamount to throwing money away. I wouldn't allow a 'Christian' to operate on me if he was not a qualified doctor so why would I let that sway a financial investment?  Huh His religion is immaterial to a judgement of his professional capability.

This is the religious section yes, but we are not doing a 'compare and contrast' between Muslim bank managers and Christian ones as your post alludes. In terms of 'expecting' fraud, I expect the worst - previous experience has shown that being called 'Pastor' is not synonymous with being a good manager.

Again and again Debosky you keep making conclusions based on faulty premise. If you find it alright you are entitled to your opinion but i find it difficult to accept as normal an ordained pastor in one of Nigeria's largest churches enmeshed in serious allegation of fraud and breach of trust. To add to it he is on the run from the law.

Meanwhile his professional capability is not in doubt the issue at stake is his personal integrity
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
precap2:

This guy is very boring embarassed
Why don't you leave the forum and return to your vulcanizing shop?

Holla!

Quit posting when adults are discussing angry
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gidtruth:

Again and again Debosky you keep making conclusions based on faulty premise. If you find it alright you are entitled to your opinion but i find it difficult to accept as normal an ordained pastor in one of Nigeria's largest churches enmeshed in serious allegation of fraud and breach of trust. To add to it he is on the run from the law.

Meanwhile his professional capability is not in doubt the issue at stake is his personal integrity

He will die in his mistakes tongue
Running from the law? Which law? Was it not the same law that was going to pronounce Nuhu Ribadu guilty, but after he ran away the law said he did nothing wrong. There are no laws only crazy humans like you. The "law" becomes what these crazy !d!ots want it to become.

Holla1
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gidtruth:

I have never accepted it as 'normal', but I am no longer naive enough to think that simply being a pastor means you can't be engaged in fraud. That is the sad reality of things. I do not tolerate such behaviour in any form, but at the same time, I will not participate in condemning individuals without due process and hearing their side of the matter.

Pastors should be above board, but the bible also advises us to be wise - don't follow blindly expecting the title of 'pastor' will remove any risk of corruption.

If he is indeed guilty, there will be lots of time to condemn him - I see nothing wrong in letting the process of accusation/trial/prosecution take its course before passing judgement. The haste to not only condemn the man, but more importantly link his corruption to RCCG when no such evidence exists is unacceptable to me.

It is against the ethics of the profession to steal money belonging to investors or shareholders, so this is not a matter of personal integrity, it is a matter of professional capability. A bank manager who cannot keep his hands off depositors' funds is not fit to be in the profession. A banker who diverts funds or gives loans to unqualified lenders is not competent to keep his job.

If he had an affair, then that would be a matter of personal integrity.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2010
The guy is very hard of hearing and that's the bane of everything he's doing.
Lion Bank was Managed 100% by Muslims, even their staff was more than 80% Muslims and yet where is Lion Bank today? It's not about religion, it's about time and chance in making good decision. I have the shares of AIG (America International Group), and the management was one of the best, yet they failed in their decisions and my shares lost 80% in less than 6 months. Did you notice that America bailed out Citi Group with tax payer's money? CitiBank management failed and they didn't ask the CEO to return his Ferari Enzo.
Wake up oga investor.

What! you lost money investing in shares too? Am waiting for your co-traveler tkb417 to come out calling you a fool!!

Anyway in response, i'll take you back to Enron's case, the executives where found to be involved in insider trading amongst other fraudulent activities that crashed the company. Last time i checked a number of them were jailed.
If the Citibank management were not found to be involved in fraud it's ok to get  a bailout without the sack.

And what's the value of the Ferari compared to Akingbola's properties about equivalent the shareholder capital of the bank
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
precap2:

He will die in his mistakes tongue
Running from the law? Which law? Was it not the same law that was going to pronounce Nuhu Ribadu guilty, but after he ran away the law said he did nothing wrong. There are no laws only crazy humans like you. The "law" becomes what these crazy !d!ots want it to become.

Holla1

Would you do same if accused in the society you have made your home? Is that christian behavior as recommended by the bible?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gidtruth:

What! you lost money investing in shares too? Am waiting for your co-traveler tkb417 to come out calling you a fool!!

I bought the shares to keep because I believe the corporation is good. I still intend to keep it and I'm not complaining. That's the difference. You were accusing Akingbola in your case and I'm not accusing anyone because I made the decision to buy for keeps.

Gidtruth:

Would you do same if accused in the society you have made your home? Is that christian behavior as recommended by the bible?

I think your biggest problem is that you want to steer this discussion into religious comparison and no one is giving you the chance. You still won't have the chance. If you need to discuss religious business leaders, join another thread or start one grin

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
debosky:

I have never accepted it as 'normal', but I am no longer naive enough to think that simply being a pastor means you can't be engaged in fraud. That is the sad reality of things. I do not tolerate such behaviour in any form, but at the same time, I will not participate in condemning individuals without due process and hearing their side of the matter.

Pastors should be above board, but the bible also advises us to be wise - don't follow blindly expecting the title of 'pastor' will remove any risk of corruption.

If he is indeed guilty, there will be lots of time to condemn him - I see nothing wrong in letting the process of accusation/trial/prosecution take its course before passing judgement. The haste to not only condemn the man, but more importantly link his corruption to RCCG when no such evidence exists is unacceptable to me.

You and i know that in law there are technical loop-holes and getting a good lawyer can give you a latitude of room to maneuver.
But the nitty-gritty is that perception matters a lot, we don't start to form our opinion on the basis of a court simply pronouncing a person not having a case to answer.
Very few nigerians believe the elections declared as OK by the courts are actually so, otherwise Segun Oni and Akala are good candidates for ordination as pastors as they are now. Many still believe OJ simpson has some connection with his ex-wife's murder
where we are told he lost the civil case but won the criminal case (correct me if am wrong here).

The question and the point of this thread is not to trace every kobo Akingbola paid to RCCG but on major items like the aircraft issue (if true) and any cheque or physical item from him. Church should be perceived and seen setting a standard by fleeing from any form of corruption by things of this world. Whatever RCCG would lose in returning such items and monies it would gain by maintaining a moral high ground.

Plus am surprised daddy GO has never picked out Akingbola during Holy Ghost night and warn him to desist from fraud same way they catch adulterers, witches etc by saying 'somebody here' ,
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2010
precap2:

I bought the shares to keep because I believe the corporation is good. I still intend to keep it and I'm not complaining. That's the difference. You were accusing Akingbola in your case and I'm not accusing anyone because I made the decision to buy for keeps.

You jump to conclusions here, i never said anywhere i bought for short term. If the shares were not as badly battered, there are many uses it can put to without selling 'em off as i do with my other stocks in sanely managed coys.

precap2:

I think your biggest problem is that you want to steer this discussion into religious comparison and no one is giving you the chance. You still won't have the chance. If you need to discuss religious business leaders, join another thread or start one grin

Holla!

Wake up and smell the coffee, that is the whole essence of this thread and you can't be allowed to run away from it either and yes comparisons are standard in religion section. It's all about religion,church, money, business and pastors
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
Tired of trying to bring dumb jack out of sh!thole. shocked
I quit with this guy, let another try to brush him up

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
precap2:

Tired of trying to bring dumb jack out of sh!thole.  shocked
I quit with this guy, let another try to brush him up

Holla!

What a wasted generation and you keep wondering why Nigeria is in a quagmire? Keep on trying to justify malfeasance whether by institutions or individuals.

And anyway you've had few original comments apart from latching unto other peoples post.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gidtruth:

You and i know that in law there are technical loop-holes and getting a good lawyer can give you a latitude of room to maneuver.
But the nitty-gritty is that perception matters a lot, we don't start to form our opinion on the basis of a court simply pronouncing a person not having a case to answer.
Very few nigerians believe the elections declared as OK by the courts are actually so, otherwise Segun Oni and Akala are good candidates for ordination as pastors as they are now. Many still believe OJ simpson has some connection with his ex-wife's murder
where we are told he lost the civil case but won the criminal case (correct me if am wrong here).

You are right that guilty people can escape on technicalities, but that does not mean we should accept every rumour or accusation as fact. Forming an opinion is free, facts are sacred. I will still choose to err on the side of caution and give people benefit of the doubt before passing judgement.

The question and the point of this thread is not to trace every kobo Akingbola paid to RCCG but on major items like the aircraft issue (if true) and any cheque or physical item from him.

Don't create another meaning - this is talking about looted offering i.e stolen money given to RCCG.

If the principle is what is important, then RCCG shouldn't keep a single KOBO of the looted offering, if it exists. The only way to determine this would be through investigation. This should not be restricted to only 'major items' but ALL of it.

Church should be perceived and seen setting a standard by fleeing from any form of corruption by things of this world. Whatever RCCG would lose in returning such items and monies it would gain by maintaining a moral high ground.

I doubt very much that this is about what RCCG would 'lose' - it is about the principles involved as far as I'm concerned. RCCG would be acting as judge and jury to begin to return monies based on accusations alone. While judgement by courts may not be the only way to determine guilt, in this case where the alleged crimes are outside the church, we must take direction from the legal decisions taken by courts.

Plus am surprised daddy GO has never picked out Akingbola during Holy Ghost night and warn him to desist from fraud same way they catch adulterers, witches etc by saying 'somebody here' ,

Many calls have been made for people to desist from fraud - that people are not mentioned personally does not mean it is condoned.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
debosky:

You are right that guilty people can escape on technicalities, but that does not mean we should accept every rumour or accusation as fact. Forming an opinion is free, facts are sacred. I will still choose to err on the side of caution and give people benefit of the doubt before passing judgement.

He'd rather have Akingbola pronounced guilty until proven innocent, but wouldn't accept that when he raped his younger sis.

debosky:

If the principle is what is important, then RCCG shouldn't keep a single KOBO of the looted offering, if it exists. The only way to determine this would be through investigation. This should not be restricted to only 'major items' but ALL of it.

Akingbola already owned and managed this bank for over 10 years before he went public and afforded this your friend an opportunity to invest his meager crumb. Now he wants to stand on that crumb and pontificate on where Akingbola got the monies that he donated to church, if he really donated all that is claimed anyway.

debosky:

Many calls have been made for people to desist from fraud - that people are not mentioned personally does not mean it is condoned.

That Pst. Adeboye did not see it means that Akingbola did not steal. Simple! cheesy
It doesn't matter who wants to hang himself over peanut investment.

Holla!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner / "Why Nigerians Have Not Revolted Against Buhari" - Rev Eragbai, General Overseer / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.