Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,584 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle (12419 Views)

Nigeria's National Grid Collapses Again As Power Generation Drops To 42.7MW / Blackout: Power Generation Drops To 1,145MW / National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by jaytee01(m): 7:05am On Oct 31, 2018
And the criminals are busy boasting that we have never had it so good in the power sector.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by wildwest22: 7:05am On Oct 31, 2018
I could remember sometime in 2013, that I enjoyed almost a week of uninterrupted power supply, the fridge turned to a freezer, now to see 6hrs light in a day, is a testimony

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by theoldpretender(m): 7:06am On Oct 31, 2018
The problem is twofold

1.TRANSMISSION and 2 DISTRIBUTION.

And the problem is compounded by poor funding. Due to bills kept low, bad transmission system that is not fit for purpose, and so on.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by princetom1(m): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2018
masterP042:
No aspect of this country is working optimally, the privatization that works in other countries don't seem to work here. I know as Nigerians it's easy for us to blame, either we blame the leaders or we blame spirits. We as the masses need to do our own part, stop vandalizing the transmission equipment and the gas pipelines leading to the gas stations. The situation would be better if we don't do all these.

Its only incompetent that give excuses for their failure... When u are the head of a family, u provide amenities and u can't also give rules on how best u know it will serve everyone, then, u are a failure.... Failure and excuses are the hallmark of a failure.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by LucemFerre: 7:09am On Oct 31, 2018
All these news are lies.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by blackmercyvelli(m): 7:10am On Oct 31, 2018
So upon all this crazy billing that given to my workshop ,july 86k, august 66k september 29,500 and octomber 53k without reading meter, weaked souls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by SmilingMary(m): 7:18am On Oct 31, 2018
And they keep mentioning 7000MegaWatts in their campaign....shame on this govt esp the useless Fashola who wants to displace Lai Mohammed as the Grand Commander of lies

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by Oshin56(m): 7:24am On Oct 31, 2018
masterP042:
No aspect of this country is working optimally, the privatization that works in other countries don't seem to work here. I know as Nigerians it's easy for us to blame, either we blame the leaders or we blame spirits. We as the masses need to do our own part, stop vandalizing the transmission equipment and the gas pipelines leading to the gas stations. The situation would be better if we don't do all these.
See you you think Nigeria government are doing privatization to favor common man my brother they do it to get richer
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by tiredoflife(m): 7:45am On Oct 31, 2018
masterP042:

Mess dey ya brain abi
Where in the report did u see vandalism
Make una dey sha find one excuse to give
And to think I share same oxygen with u
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by dona2us(m): 7:46am On Oct 31, 2018
Somebody help me as fashola and him brother lie lie how market.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by movetoca: 7:49am On Oct 31, 2018
ednut1:
Lets just apply for recolonisation abeg
I concur
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by Tomoyayi(m): 7:49am On Oct 31, 2018
kennygee:
Na just three days a week we dey see light now. And bill go still be 10k.

Prepaid meter na the way o
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 31, 2018
Cc: Cilicmarin.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by busayochic: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2018
News like this would always scare me in the past. Thank God for my solar inverter... whatever rubbish them like make them do...
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by Earlystar698(m): 8:50am On Oct 31, 2018
my mind is telling me that Nigeria is cursed but I don't know weather Na true ....... like if it's true
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by PedroNascimento: 9:02am On Oct 31, 2018
smiley
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by reiddecuti: 9:15am On Oct 31, 2018
whirlwind7:
Sai baboon is working...
Fashola is very busy, because this issue has gotten tougher than rocket science grin

Osibande is learning to dance shaku shaku.
Zombies are waiting for October stipend. Month don end.
In naija, life goes on as usual. Next year, we queue up under the scorching sun to reload another 4 years stretch for fools who give us the impression they will fix an absolutely unworkable system of government.

If you think Bubu or Atiku or anyone else can fix Nigeria as constituted, then you're way worse than the sorry folks you're voting for.

Restructure or burst!

Fixing this country is as easy as ABCD. But these men wouldn't seek the right path, because if they do there means of looting will be reduced to the nearest minimum.

Fixing the electricity problem in the country is very easy. We have to disintegrate the idea behind the national grid. Let every region have a central power station where power will be generated and distributed. With this, the power/energy lost during transmission to the national grid will be curtailed. This power lost will be enough to light up a community.

Nigeria needs a competition amongst the 6 geopolitical zones to develop.

That's why every sane minded Nigerian should support restructuring both political and economical restructuring for this country to move forward.

If not so, let's be ready to always come up here to spew comments when Fashola gives reasons why its difficult to fix power.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by Modarun(m): 11:38am On Oct 31, 2018
And these are the bunch thatvwants to be President come 2023? Dear God we have suffered enough, never allow incompetent tribalists like Tinubu and Fashola to see this kind of power again.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by onyxo76(m): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2018
the power supply has been so poor these last few days ,i still have over 170 units hanging in my prepaid meter from last month.
i better channel the 5k i use every month to recharge to buy petrol to run gen instead

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by Reference(m): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
bayelsaowei:
Why cant the useless country each state generate their own power and self sufficiently develop in real time.. what kind of cave called a country is Nigeria

Allow regions or states manage their power... how can the Niger delta be producing gas and we suffer from black outs because of our central mind set...

Restructure Nigeria to let anyone and everyone participate in the power industry then the investment will come in. My good friend wants to generate power in one of the south states but cannot participate. Government should have no say in power. Right now I have capacity to provide power in some of my locations on a micro scale. I should be able to inject that into the grid and get paid for it. But no. Government wants to control everything when they cannot provide nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by bikefab(m): 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2018
It is the fault of PDP. Goodluck Jonathan handed over a comatose power sector to his successor. It will take extra 4 years to fix this. Sai Bubu 2019
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by okewumi: 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2018
One of the reasons l like this report is that no issue of gas pipeline vandalism again which is very good for the sector.

what is the problem now?

She said, “Specifically , generation companies are pinned down by some operational impediments . The frequency of instructions to either increase load or decrease load ( ramp up and ramp down) and , in some cases, shut down, has induced damaging stresses to the components of the machines .

Turbine is not what should be shut down frequently, it is not recipe engine (Gas generator). Most recipe RPM is 1,500 (revolution per minute) compare to some turbines 96,000Rpm at full load (it means the blade revolves/spin 96,000 cycles in one minute).

What government should do is to look into reasons (1) Why Gensco ramp up and down, (2) emergency shut down (3) why Disco rejects power.

Fashola needs to work with best hands.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by biztip: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2018
one step forward 30 steps backward

meanwhile u can get 100% full capacity 32gb memory cards(made in Taiwan) its the memory card used in USA. it won't fail u. Pay on delivery will be available for lagos only

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by Emotionss: 8:27am On Nov 01, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
SeverusSnape:
Shame on Fashola. After all the boasting and empty promises.

Welcome back

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,390MW, 15 Plants Idle by SeverusSnape(m): 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]
Welcome back
Thank you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Shooting: Olusola Eleka Demands Overhaul Of Security Architecture / Valentine Obienyem: Peter Obi Was Not Attacked In Abuja, Ignore Rumors / Atiku Pays A Courtesy Visit To Bauchi Traditional Rulers (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.