Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition (39868 Views)

Which Governor Wins The All-time Award Of The Highest Looter Since 1999? / Sanwo-Olu’s Wife Receives One-Day Lagos Governor (Photos) / Accolades As Kwara Governor Wins Another First In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by tayo60(f): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2018
I need clarification pls, what are the benefits this girl gets in her one day governor of Lagos State? Someone should kindly explain to me because I couldn't get it.
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by igwefivestar(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2018
OgaGist:
A 14-year-old barber’s daughter, Miss. Gloria Ajala yesterday, emerged the One-day Governor after winning the 2018 Spelling Bee competition.

She is a secondary school 3 student of Lafiaji Senior High School, Lagos Island and she would perform the pseudo-role of the governor of the state at a yet- to- be announced date before the end of this year alongside his cabinet members.

Gloria, whose mother is a petty trader, defeated Ikhariale Grace of Tin Can Island Senior High School, Tolu and Akinbodewa Oluwatosin of Iworo Ajido Senior Secondary School, Olorunda who took the second and third positions respectively.

A total of 17 One-Day Governors have been produced so far in the history of the competition, which was initiated by Senator Oluremi Tinubu, when her husband was the governor of the state.

Speaking with Vanguard, Gloria described her victory as reward for hard work and commitment, saying,

“I read several books to prepare myself for the competition.”

By the achievement, Grace, like her predecessors, would enjoy a full scholarship to study in the university of choice and would also attend a short course exchange programme in Finland.

News via Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/barbers-daughter-emerges-one-day-lagos-state-governor-photo

looks like Ambode daughter.
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Emerald94(f): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2018
MobileGees:
Just imagine I could get the chance to become a day governor

I go declare state of emergency for the state

embezzle billions of naira of Lagos funds to share to the masses grin grin

[color=#770077][/color] ;Dwedonsa

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by zombieTRACKER: 7:21am On Oct 31, 2018
Ajala the traveller daughter

grin grin grin
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by kellyboo: 7:24am On Oct 31, 2018
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by oyetunder(m): 7:28am On Oct 31, 2018
3rdavefarms:
Just imagine Barber’s daughter

Some barber in America can buy the whole Nigeria
thanks..that is why we are in this mess. No dignity in labour again.

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by neurojosh(m): 7:37am On Oct 31, 2018
princemillla:
What happen to those cinema going and cold stone ice cream burger eating kids

Kudos u just made every penny of ur parent worth!
the competition is only for public schools in Lag. those "cinema going and cold stone ice cream burger eating kids" you were describing are In private schools.

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by neurojosh(m): 7:38am On Oct 31, 2018
and to the topic.... Op, a "barber's" daughter is not supposed to win?.. Cox ion understand why you had to stress that part
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by lexy2014: 7:50am On Oct 31, 2018
princemillla:

It is connection those ones will use to win d competition
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by lexy2014: 7:53am On Oct 31, 2018
neurojosh:
and to the topic.... Op, a "barber's" daughter is not supposed to win?.. Cox ion understand why you had to stress that part
u can c it another way that it doesn't matter ur background, u can b somebody. Its kudos 2 her parents who despite their low income occupation, ensured their kid is someone 2b reckoned with

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by lexy2014: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2018
3rdavefarms:

Which barber b that?

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by adisabarber(m): 7:57am On Oct 31, 2018
princemillla:

Those ones are in private schools

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by lexy2014: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2018
tayo60:
I need clarification pls, what are the benefits this girl gets in her one day governor of Lagos State? Someone should kindly explain to me because I couldn't get it.
That means u didn't read d story. U read only d headline

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by precious1967(m): 8:27am On Oct 31, 2018
congratulations
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:33am On Oct 31, 2018
lexy2014:

Which barber b that?

Ordinary Dubai barber can talk less of DJ Kahlid’s Barber
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Earlystar698(m): 8:42am On Oct 31, 2018
congrats to her.....name checkers will soon arrive
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Eagleword14(f): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2018
Kudos to u girl... U just made ur parents proud.
Hardwork pays....
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by maryalloy(f): 9:22am On Oct 31, 2018
nice one, go girl
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by lexy2014: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2018
3rdavefarms:

Ordinary Dubai barber can talk less of DJ Kahlid’s Barber
Who is d ordinary dubai barber? Earlier u said american barber? Which one is Dubai barber again? Have u meet d ordinary barber& did he discuss his income with u?
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Abortedfetus(m): 9:39am On Oct 31, 2018
Pamtoye:
waoh....1 day governor ke? I swear if na me i no fit poor again 4 my life......DAT 1 day can change a lot of things mo....1 day @ Ikeja govt house with all d advantages and security details a sitting Governor gets....its just waoh!!!But y does diz only exist in Lagos state alone.....Diz idea should be initiated in other states also...but I don't think mere spelling bee should be d criteria at all....Normal academic subjects should be introduced also!!!
ur perception of it being 'a mere spelling bee' competition is misleading.
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Adadio: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2018
[God bless you young woman.The sky is your limit.quote author=OgaGist post=72552560]A 14-year-old barber’s daughter, Miss. Gloria Ajala yesterday, emerged the One-day Governor after winning the 2018 Spelling Bee competition.

She is a secondary school 3 student of Lafiaji Senior High School, Lagos Island and she would perform the pseudo-role of the governor of the state at a yet- to- be announced date before the end of this year alongside his cabinet members.

Gloria, whose mother is a petty trader, defeated Ikhariale Grace of Tin Can Island Senior High School, Tolu and Akinbodewa Oluwatosin of Iworo Ajido Senior Secondary School, Olorunda who took the second and third positions respectively.

A total of 17 One-Day Governors have been produced so far in the history of the competition, which was initiated by Senator Oluremi Tinubu, when her husband was the governor of the state.

Speaking with Vanguard, Gloria described her victory as reward for hard work and commitment, saying,

“I read several books to prepare myself for the competition.”

By the achievement, Grace, like her predecessors, would enjoy a full scholarship to study in the university of choice and would also attend a short course exchange programme in Finland.

News via Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/barbers-daughter-emerges-one-day-lagos-state-governor-photo

[/quote]
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Pamtoye(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2018
Abortedfetus:
ur perception of it being 'a mere spelling bee' competition is misleading.

wait...is it actually more Dan dat??
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Taguchi: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2018
3rdavefarms:

your inferiority complex fit choke person you think say dem dey harvest money for US abi, village boy �

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by mechanics(m): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
Wow, nice one, she has made her people proud.
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by deomelo: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2018
tayo60:

1. Promoting education.

2. introducing school children to public service, leadership and governance.

The one day governors get to select and appoint their own one day cabinet members and they also participate in real life cabinet and executive deliberations.

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Toblesh(m): 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
younglleo:
All dis rubbish must stop by next year..! angry
What would u do,if it doesn't stop by next year

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Burgerlomo: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
pode:
God bless her

Amen!
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Burgerlomo: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
Congratulations cool

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2018
Taguchi:

your inferiority complex fit choke person you think say dem dey harvest money for US abi, village boy �

You are just so senseless like your ancestors get a life many barber can buy all your generation .. I even doubt if you have ever touch plane in your life
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Taguchi: 8:01am On Nov 01, 2018
3rdavefarms:

You are just so senseless like your ancestors get a life many barber can buy all your generation .. I even doubt if you have ever touch plane in your life

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:57am On Nov 01, 2018
[quote author=Taguchi post=72584736][/quote]

Looser

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Has Committed Impeachable Offence - Ezeife / History Of Lawrence Anini,a Notorious Armed Robbers In Early Eightiesm / Revalidation Of Tinted Permit, Firearms Licence Begins Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.