Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics (17694 Views)

TASUED Closes School Over Clash Between Cultists And Host Community / Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) / Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by hardywaltz(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2018
WikeD Wike
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by IamPlato(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2018
moyinoluwabun:
Sincerely, 600 is a token an average parent should afford. Everything can really be free abeg.

You Never See Poverty

1 Like

Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by OyiOtukpo: 7:36am On Oct 31, 2018
If they know the danger these kids have been exposed to, being sent home at this time, they'd reconsider their stand. What stops them from even writing the info on the board to make the kids copy( so they don't spend on printing), stating that they shouldn't return to school on such day if they didn't have their money. Some of these kids will be returning home to meet no one, being that the parents and guardians may have gone to work. The kid will now be susceptible to any form of danger.
We know some of the kids will still not copy or they will copy and still not show their parents. But then, the school head may have done his/her best.
On the other hand, parents should help keep their kids safe. Some of these kids may have told their parents a thousand and one times, but they have ignored. Now their kids are roaming the streets.
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by cooldipo(m): 7:42am On Oct 31, 2018
This is almost normal to Nigerians!
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 31, 2018
FortifiedCity:
If the money is important, then the parents should pay.

600 naira is very little
You call it very LITTLE.
Meanwhile those kids whose pictures have been uploaded wore bathroom slippers to school.

That means they can’t afford the regular school sandals of 1000 naira
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by chimchim1(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2018
Its not little by the time u multiply it by the total number of pupils in the schools. Remember, if its the story is true, then it all going to be paid bby all pupils aall over tthe state.
FortifiedCity:

600 naira is very little
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by nbisi: 7:51am On Oct 31, 2018
Maybe b d government is trying to boost their IGR..lol
Is it by force to b biometric..y asking parents who r passing thru economic stress pay d money...mtchew
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by ChampagnePapiii(m): 7:58am On Oct 31, 2018
FortifiedCity:

600 naira is very little

oh yeah? U think so??
my guy Cuz u can't afford it doesn't mean others can as well!! #500 to some kain persons na like 1k brov, and besides what if the kids folks ain't boxed up (at least not yet) u can even tell from the picture, see the kids wearing bathroom slippers,typical Dunlop slippers!! my guy all fingers no be the same!
they shouldn't have sent them away, we are our own problem Wallaahi!
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by lexy2014: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2018
FortifiedCity:

600 naira is very little
Oga what is d meaning of biometric fee&what has it got 2do with their education?
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by lexy2014: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2018
ChampagnePapiii:

oh yeah? U think so??
my guy Cuz u can't afford it doesn't mean others can as well!! #500 to some kain persons na like 1k brov, and besides what if the kids folks ain't boxed up (at least not yet) u can even tell from the picture, see the kids wearing bathroom slippers,typical Dunlop slippers!! my guy all fingers no be the same!
they shouldn't have sent them away, we are our own problem Wallaahi!
D amount isn't even d issue. Its d fact that d money being asked 4 has nothing 2do with d education of d kids
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by lexy2014: 8:10am On Oct 31, 2018
moyinoluwabun:
Sincerely, 600 is a token an average parent should afford. Everything can really be free abeg.
Pls what is biometric fee? What has biometric fee got 2do with education?
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by ChampagnePapiii(m): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2018
lexy2014:

D amount isn't even d issue. Its d fact that d money being asked 4 has nothing 2do with d education of d kids

sigh!
well, This Is NaiJeria
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by princeade86(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2018
pls av been thinking this thing since. is free education good for students in dis country. because many students are not serious at all. av witnessed it. it reduced d standard of ex
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2018
Johnrake69:
But #600 is too small for the parents not to pay. These fees are most likely to be per term. If you can't pay #600 per term for a child you certainly have no business giving birth to a child
The governor said free education hence the pupils are not pay a dime not even buying of broom.
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by jamesbridget13(f): 8:59am On Oct 31, 2018
Lomprico2:
Those pointing finger at d governor, its probably the headmistress arrangement. Wike cannot be at all schools all d time.
i have the memo sent to schools from Rivers State Universal Education Board. This directive is from the government. Infact they sent an sms to all school heads to stop pupils who hasn't paid from entering classes as from monday 29/10/2018. This is happening all over the state. Blame d govt
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by Lomprico2: 9:06am On Oct 31, 2018
jamesbridget13:
i have the memo sent to schools from Rivers State Universal Education Board. This directive is from the government. Infact they sent an sms to all school heads to stop pupils who hasn't paid from entering classes as from monday 29/10/2018. This is happening all over the state. Blame d govt

Ok but if that is d case 600 naira is fair. Haba.
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by dabrown01: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2018
Agreed, according to you that N600 is a token. Do you ever think of some parents that have more than one, two or three children in the school. To some people, N600 means a lot to them.
moyinoluwabun:
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by AmazingELixir: 9:12am On Oct 31, 2018
drshrewd:
wike is a curse to Rivers State.
Those beautiful public schools that is now a noisome site was built and made free by Hon Roimi Amaechi not until the criminal and thug of a governor called wike came and place a school fees of 12k, sacked the securities and the company maintaining the school under the guise that there is no money embarassed .
Well I don't expect a thug to know the value of Education.
He has literally destroyed all the sectors of the economy that was once vibrant during the last administration... Health, Agriculture, Human capital development, Education, etc are all in comatose as I speak. These sectors were once the pride of the state
cry

Just look at yourself frustration is driving you insane, you're even posting in red font, first ask yourself who own the establishments charged with the responsibilities of maintaining and securing the schools. Amaechi planted his cronies and associates to be milking the state dry through this treasury draining companies. Wike did the needful by purging the state of Amaechi's leeches.

As for your other rants about destroying every other thing, well I'm not surprised I see you are one those spiteful leeches.

It is only a blind man that cannot see that River state is better off infrastructurally compared to Amaechi's first 4years, Rivers had never had it better on Roads, education across all the levels...(primary, secondary and tertiary), health, environment etc. The only area where I fault this administration is on agriculture as for security APC is the biggest threat to security in the state as they collude with the security agencies under Fokorade the FSARS Czar their arrow head to disrupt and undermine the Security architecture of the state.
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by Wenebadu(f): 9:16am On Oct 31, 2018
HahahahHahahaha wike is working
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by habsydiamond(m): 9:22am On Oct 31, 2018
No matter how free the education is, there should still be payment of little token. Extra lessons fee and so on... Some people in Nigeria sha... Shey na government go do everything... government go give u salary u go still want that same govt to cook food on ur table...I fear some people o.
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by lexy2014: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2018
Lomprico2:

Ok but if that is d case 600 naira is fair. Haba.
Pls what is biometric fee and what has it got 2do with a child's education?
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by lexy2014: 9:41am On Oct 31, 2018
habsydiamond:
No matter how free the education is, there should still be payment of little token. Extra lessons fee and so on... Some people in Nigeria sha... Shey na government go do everything... government go give u salary u go still want that same govt to cook food on ur table...I fear some people o.
Were d children sent home because of extra lesson fee? Do govt schools conduct extra lessons?
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by bigkahuna704(m): 9:53am On Oct 31, 2018
Bio Fee
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by kimacent(m): 9:56am On Oct 31, 2018
Rivers state USE TO HAVE FREE EDUCATION but not in this present dispensation.primary health care use to be free but not now.
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by drshrewd: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2018
AmazingELixir:

Just look at yourself frustration is driving you insane, you're even posting in red font, first ask yourself who own the establishments charged with the responsibilities of maintaining and securing the schools. Amaechi planted his cronies and associates to be milking the state dry through this treasury draining companies. Wike did the needful by purging the state of Amaechi's leeches.

As for your other rants about destroying every other thing, well I'm not surprised I see you are one those spiteful leeches.

It is only a blind man that cannot see that River state is better off infrastructurally compared to Amaechi's first 4years, Rivers had never had it better on Roads, education across all the levels...(primary, secondary and tertiary), health, environment etc. The only area where I fault this administration is on agriculture as for security APC is the biggest threat to security in the state as they collude with the security agencies under Fokorade the FSARS Czar their arrow head to disrupt and undermine the Security architecture of the state.
blood of zakaria! Wike built schools? grin built roads grin I know u don't reside in Rivers cheesy
You said the Indian company maintaining those beautiful schools are cronies of Amaechi? They use it to milk Rivers state? You must be rambunctiously discombobulated. What was the internal and external debt stock of River when Amaechi left office and what is the present debt stock? Don't forget Amaechi also left about N105b fg fund for the ph\owerri road. Where are all those monies. Rivers current debt profile under Wike is scary. Other than completing few roads almost completed by Amaechi what's is wikes major achievement? How many meggawat has he added to Rivers state owned power plant? How many youths has he empowered through skills acquisition or overseas scholarship? How many health centers has he esterblished?(note public health center where once free under Amaechi he came n stopped free medical care) what are his agricultural initiatives?
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by xeros20(m): 10:31am On Oct 31, 2018
Haba N600 is not much na, go to other state.
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by Deapexboy(m): 10:46am On Oct 31, 2018
AmazingELixir:

I don't think you live in Rivers State, if you do God will never forgive you for supporting Wike to the level he has brought down Rivers Education, during Amaechi, Government cater for everything, school fees, uniform, school bag, footwares and books, this schools had security and cleaners, computers, sports facilities, etc as a matter of fact I saw some parents pull out their children from private school back to Government schools, there is inter school competition which you will see Government schools doing great, today Wike had played politics with them. We can play politics with other things not with the future of these innocent children.

Stop saying nonsense
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by Lomprico2: 10:52am On Oct 31, 2018
lexy2014:

Pls what is biometric fee and what has it got 2do with a child's education?

Oga, I no know. I don't work in education ministry
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by Deapexboy(m): 10:58am On Oct 31, 2018
asuustrike1:

The governor said free education hence the pupils are not pay a dime not even buying of broom.

Try to say what you know pls

Who say there is free education in Rivers state now?

Am not saying Amaechi is saint
But During his time Government Carter for school fees, uniforms, footware and books, computers, sports facilities was intact, cleaners and security, employed more teachers to improve Rivers Education,most parents transferred their children from private schools to Government own schools, today those things has Gone down, our dear Governor (Wike) played politics with them, Wike keep borrowing huge money neglecting our Education sector, Mr Project indeed who can not improve the Education sector, Wike keep doing quack road projects so that he can inflate prices and get his cut

People should tell Wike not to play politics with innocent childrens' future

God will not forgive him
Re: Students Denied Classes, Chased Out From School Over N600 In Rivers State. Pics by uba1991: 11:02am On Oct 31, 2018
QuickStandard:
Declaring free education doesn't mean government should pay for all expense, such as this biometrics, books, uniforms and other minor things.

At least the state government has played its part. The parents should be able to pay #600 buck common!!!

@OP, u should have even paid for a couple of students with part of your data subscription money, haba, be your brother's keeper for once.

then why calling it free education

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Polythecnic Ile Oluji (FPI) Ondo State / Eastern Palm University, Ogboko: Okorocha Gets NUC Licence / Osula Daniel Enahoro Expelled From DELSU For Refusing To 'Bribe' For His Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.