Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,010 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? (17823 Views)

Does Google Adsense Accept Blog In The Cryptocurrency Niche / How Much Does Google Charge Per Click In Naira / Does Google Adsense Still Approve Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
The way Google tease Africans with money just to get their attention which is all they need actually is alarming. If you can afford to pay everyone. Why don't you just cut off any monetary investment. After all, Facebook doesn't pay its users and its still a major competitor.
Re: Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? by GeorgeTheCoder: 12:56am On Nov 02, 2018
einsteine:

Nothing wrong there. Nobody put a gun on anybody's head to take a job. If you truly have a skillset that is unique, your locality would not determine your compensation. If you are just a run-of-the-mill programmer who can be replaced in a jiffy, of course, they will pay you as small as possible.

What's this one saying ?

1 Like

Re: Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? by uuzba(m): 6:36am On Nov 02, 2018
henryobinna:
This is bad for their reputation, I find it to believe they could do such a thing, eventhe response is totally off.

So they'll reward those from countries of high purchasing power better than those withless, irrespective of the fact both pay same amount for their services. Fraud to me if you ask

Did you never read in the Bible, "To those who have, much more will be given. To those who do not have, even what they thought they had, will be taken away from them" This is after the message of the talents given to the 3 servants.

This process keeps on playing between rich nations and poor nations.

1 Like

Re: Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? by einsteine(m): 11:13am On Nov 02, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

What's this one saying ?

If you don't understand what I am saying, then you deserve whatever poor pay you are getting.
Re: Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? by einsteine(m): 11:14am On Nov 02, 2018
WinningSun:

so what is it now.

Do the right thing
Re: Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? by GeorgeTheCoder: 11:35am On Nov 02, 2018
einsteine:

If you don't understand what I am saying, then you deserve whatever poor pay you are getting.

Go and read the previous posts on this thread and stop disgracing your primary school comprehension teacher.
Re: Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? by einsteine(m): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

Go and read the previous posts on this thread and stop disgracing your primary school comprehension teacher.

You obviously never had an English teacher.

Employers are free to pay you what they want.

Employees are free to accept what they want to accept.

If you are truly a good programmer, you will be well paid.

End of story.
Re: Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? by taiye4real2: 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2018
this is a total crap mhen
Re: Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? by Septre: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
nditah:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am compelled to share my experience with Google and also find out if anyone has had a similar experience.

Friday, Sept 21st, Google invited me to participate in a remote User Research, with a promised of a $125 Perks gift.

On Oct. 5th I was ebullient to take part in assisting #Google in providing valuation information to improve the usability of its cloud technology. The meeting lasted for 60-minutes. I love #GCP.

Surprisingly, on Oct. 10th I got a gift code of $50 (instead of $125 as promised). I was curious so I sent an email to the Team.

The Team replied me, "How Google does it is they convert the perks amount to a 'localized' amount based on the buying power of that amount in particular countries."

Being more curious, I sent another email asking the Team: Since Google doesn't consider local purchasing power, and poor countries pay the same amount as wealthy countries for their products like GCP Exams, Cloud Services, etc, why would it be different when receiving benefits.

I didn’t get an answer again from the Google Research team. So I throw the question to you: Is it fair to give people less than you should simply because of where they come from?

Thank you in anticipation for your responses!

source: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nditah/detail/recent-activity/shares/
What is the latest with regards to your story. I am curious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Web Hosting Company In Nigeria / My Website Is Under Attack!! / How To Transfer Data From S3/S4/S5/S6 To S7 Edge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.