Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

"His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' (78559 Views)

Praying In Name Of ‘lucifer’ More Potent Than In Name Of Jesus - Daddy Freeze / Daddy Freeze Condemns The Pastor Who Rejected Game Of Thrones For Christians / Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by thorpido(m): 2:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
adenine02:

Bros try to understand we are learning

So don't rush to respond to me
Am not to outshine or outsmart you
I responded to your points stepwise

I didn't define Christianity

I defined religion and show you how Christianity fit into it

You hammer on the fact that Christianity as no rules, Haba Bros
What happened to the ten commandments

Even Jesus Himself said: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill” ( Matthew 5:17 ).

What Law has he come to fulfill

Well you are free to believe Christianity your own way

Like I said the words God never change and you said "it change us" so we should not change it to suit our ways

Shallom
I never said Christianity has no rules.The ten commandments were not given to Christians but Jews.
Before the Ten commandments,what rules did the people have?What rules were given to Adam?
See,you need to understand man from God's creation.When Adam was created,he didn't have rules and commandments(except not eating of the tree of life).The reason is because he had a nature andrelationship with God and not created for rules.
However, man fell because of sin and lost the relationship.He now had to live by rules and commandments.Jesus came to reestablish that relationship. Now you are open to God.His Spirit lives in you and guides you.You walk in the guidance from the inside. You do not have to face Mecca like Muslims to pray because God is in every direction and dwells in you.Christianity is beyond rules.Remember Jesus said He came to fulfill the law.Yet He said the greatest commandment was to love. If I may ask you,what rule is there to love?
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by thorpido(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2018
adoniza:

In your earlier posts you said it's about the "Who" and not so much about the word. Many people have now adapted the name "bros J" as their own version of Jesus in pidgin, so since it's about the "Who" which in this case is still intended for Jesus, why does it not apply?

Bros J apllies to Jesus in the context in which they call it but it's a slang.
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by BlackAdam55(m): 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
khiaa:
Yes, Daddy Freeze is 100% correct his name is Yeshua and his mother Miryam is a descendant of King David. All praises to Yahushua, and may Yahushua bless HaMashiach. White Jesus is blasphemy. undecided How long will you allow the devil to deceive you? Read for yourselves.
your sister is coming to Nigeria undecided are you coming along with her too
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2018
mozona:
daddy freeze don fall my hand.. this him post tire me
he's right, be open-minded and do your research.
Jesus was a roman concoction, it never existed.
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2018
but the guy is right, why can't you all read up and verify what he said before attacking him?

1 Like

Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by MajorLanister: 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2018
Seun:
Daddy Freeze is absolutely right that the original name of Jesus is 'Yeshua' or 'Joshua'. The 'controversy' here is about whether or not the translated versions of this name in other languages, such as Ιησούς (Greek), Jesus (English), Jesu(Yoruba), Jizọs(Igbo), Yesu(Hausa), and Isa(Arabic) are as potent against demons, and for causing prayers to be instantly answered, as his original Jewish name, 'Yeshua' or 'Joshua'.

One could argue that there is no magic in any of the names: they've all been used against ISIS and Boko Haram and none of them worked.

The efficacy of the name lies in its understanding... Wisdom is principal but in all ur getting Mr Seun gets understanding. I would advice u, be slow to speak and quick to listen. Thanks Seun. No ban me o grin
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by MajorLanister: 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
How does this help in kicking out Buhari
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by paxonel(m): 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
vaxx:
Words do not always fit concepts and concepts do not often fit words. Words change, concepts change; and oftentimes the underlying concept changes . So If yhwh is abrogated to something like ykpu become the daily used . Then characteristic of yhwh will change alongside. Do you agree?
characteristics will only change when concept changes.
But so long the evolved or new generation to come maintain the concept of the original scriptures, then there is nothing to fear. There will be systematic transfer of the character of YHWH to whatever YKPU and worship continues forever

You should know by now jesus is not the same thing as yeshua and hence characters can't be the same.
are you saying that the hebrew yeshua was not referring to jesus of today?
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by WetinConsignMe: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
adoniza:

So you read the mind of god to know his intentions, right?

No need. We r living out the mind of God and His intentions
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
MajorLanister:

The efficacy of the name lies in its understanding... Wisdom is principal but in all ur getting Mr Seun gets understanding. I would advice u, be slow to speak and quick to listen. Thanks Seun. No ban me o grin
the name has no meaning. you are the person who doesn't have understanding of it because you have sworn not to research about it instead you choose to believe what you were told in kindergarten Sunday school
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by WetinConsignMe: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2018
psalmuelwater:
. For real? We are now guided by the spirit more than the book? When even God said he exalts his words above his throne? Mr man, you guys have confused the work of the holy spirit, and that's why more churches keeps springing up like what i don't know. A pastor will claim the holy spirit is leading him, another one will the holy spirit is leading him, to where exactly? To establish more churches abi? The BIBLE is the standard for all, if you like make your holy spirit hot pass fire, and as such should be in a language, so that we all will agree on one meaning of any particular verse. Not having 10000000000 meaning of just a verse, and we blame it on the holy spirit.

The best chritians, the early ones, had no book at all and they disagreed with each other. That didn't prevent the Spirit from doing His work. Much of NT was written 70 years after the fact and then revised, purged, re-writen, etc.
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2018
adenine02:

We learn everyday

I wonder why Christians always try to be double sided

The Bible was not related to "Jesus" in English

It was related to him in a language which he speaks Hebrew and Aramaic

So it's very logical to believe that the best way to understand God's words is to learn it in the language which God reviled it

Look at the Moslems they still call their God "Allah" and Christians don't even agree with that, I know Mohammed most have an English meaning but they still call it the original way they still read Koran in Arabic language even though many of them can not even speak the language

So I believe Christians too should do the same

Don't swallow all what this white men bring

Why read the Bible in English when the original text is in Hebrew and Aramaic

Why call Jesus when the original name is Yehoshua

Why call God when the original word is ʼĔlāhā, or Elah

Why read KGV of the Bible and not the original version

Why ware coats and tie to church when first Christians wore long gown and robe
O! U might say that old school
But Moslems are doing it
The Buddhist are doing it
The Hindu are doing it

Why celebrate Christmas when the first Christians never did

So please don't condemn freeze his try to show something that has long been over looked

And now some already calling him Antichrist while I really think he's Pro-christ

Shallom
You will agree with me that the best way to learn is to learn in your mative language.
Why learning Hebrew language when i have the Bible in my own language?
Beside his arguement was baseless in the sense that he was n't argueing so we can learn or think about it rather he was doing that to tell/prove to a useless point that God does n't exist so religion was fraud. He said he is an atheist and looking for people he will deceive and draw along with him.
Yes he never type those rubish in muslim/islam thread because he knew the consequences.

1 Like

Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by WetinConsignMe: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2018
Lukuluku69:

Losing the argument. Here comes the abuse and insult. Go on keep praising Ja-Zeus.

I never abused u. No need to. I only state what is there, not pretend it is not there, like u
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Who invented the letter J?

Gian Giorgio Trissino (1478–1550) was the first to explicitly distinguish I and J as representing separate sounds, in his Ɛpistola del Trissino de le lettere nuωvamente aggiunte ne la lingua italiana ("Trissino's epistle about the letters recently added in the Italian language"wink of 1524.

letter J - Wikipedia

Chisco82

And so the letters was use to form words with meaning and the meanings can have same meaning in another language in English, Yoruba, housa, french, Hebrew etc. What's the problem in it. "Your name is Lucy and i call you chioma in Igbo language, does it change anything?
Your name is "Peace" and i call you "shalom" in Hebrew is that suppose to be a problem?
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by WetinConsignMe: 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
adenine02:

Ok I see your understanding about Christianity

By the way shallom mean peace

So

Peace

It is shalom, stop misspelling it and just about everybody knows it is Hebrew for peace. Salam in Arabic.
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by WetinConsignMe: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
streamsofjoy:

Atheism is not a neutral religion as it's adhetents claim. They are against Christianity .
I knew it.
Don't mind Seun, let him type that rubish in islam thread since islam call Jesus isa.
He should go there and tell them it's wrong.
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by WetinConsignMe: 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
ollah2:

Quit hating, nobody stops you from creating a better site than nairaland.

I'm only stating a fact. Seun created a great forum and deserves all the gain that goes with that
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2018
md17:
......raps and rhetorics grin
No mind me bro. grin
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by WetinConsignMe: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2018
khiaa:

[/b]
Seriously? if I were a Muslim would I be praising Yeshua? You say that you are a Christian yet you don't praise the anointed one. You praise a fake diety. At the embolden, it better matter, that's why you are worshiping a fake homosexual messiah (Ceaser Borgia) painted by Leonardo DaVinci. You better search out who the true Messiah is. YESHUA HA MASHIACH

The Person I follow cannot be painted anywhere. He is Spirit. He Himself said no images should be made
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by rhektor(m): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2018
adenine02:

We learn everyday

I wonder why Christians always try to be double sided

The Bible was not related to "Jesus" in English

It was related to him in a language which he speaks Hebrew and Aramaic

So it's very logical to believe that the best way to understand God's words is to learn it in the language which God reviled it

Look at the Moslems they still call their God "Allah" and Christians don't even agree with that, I know Mohammed most have an English meaning but they still call it the original way they still read Koran in Arabic language even though many of them can not even speak the language

So I believe Christians too should do the same

Don't swallow all what this white men bring

Why read the Bible in English when the original text is in Hebrew and Aramaic

Why call Jesus when the original name is Yehoshua

Why call God when the original word is ʼĔlāhā, or Elah

Why read KGV of the Bible and not the original version

Why ware coats and tie to church when first Christians wore long gown and robe
O! U might say that old school
But Moslems are doing it
The Buddhist are doing it
The Hindu are doing it

Why celebrate Christmas when the first Christians never did

So please don't condemn freeze his try to show something that has long been over looked

And now some already calling him Antichrist while I really think he's Pro-christ

Shallom

You are almost right until you begin to say the word was related to them in one language and we should speak that language to God? So you mean God does not understand our languages? Why would God give us a language he will not understand? You did not even say anything concerning the points I raised you just want to shovel your thoughts down my throat? Even in Israel some call Mephiboseth as Mephibosheth yet you are here trying to make me do things the way you feel it should be done? The tribe of Judah has a way they speak that distinguished them from other tribes. Why do you think the people accused Peter during the trial of Jesus? When they say his speech betrayed him, definitely there's a way they speak in Nazareth that differ from other places in Israel

Peace
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by vaxx: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2018
paxonel:
characteristics will only change when concept changes.
But so long the evolved or new generation to come maintain the concept of the original scriptures, then there is nothing to fear. There will be systematic transfer of the character of YHWH to whatever YKPU and worship continues forever
when the name is changing so will be his attribute becaise any new name coined will be adding more definition or subtracting from the original name.That is how society work.

are you saying that the hebrew yeshua was not referring to jesus of today?
Certainly . Because when you study the language epsiistmologically, you will realise yeshua was his Hebrew name. Meaning Jesus’ is not just an innocent anglicization, it’s a deliberate mangling of his name, in an effort to co-opt his identity into the Romanized version..

Yeshua militated his whole life against Greco-Roman corruption thru out entire gospel. So when the bible reported he was executed by Romans. he was saddled with a Romanized name, as a part of a campaign to incorporate him into a Euro-gentile hybrid faith; a deliberate and awful insult to him and what he stood for.

Yes, Yeshua is absolutely the better name. And calling him jesus means another thing entirely.
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by adoniza(m): 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2018
thorpido:
Tell me the language.
Uwo language
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by barnawilla: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2018
Daddy freeez or wetin be ur name, one day you will sleep and you will not wake up, it may soon or later. My advise for u is to repent before it will be too late.
Ireeee o
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by adoniza(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2018
thorpido:
Bros J apllies to Jesus in the context in which they call it but it's a slang.

Alright I agree that it's a slang, but given the context it's still acceptable to god, right? And equally as powerful as Jesus, right?

How about some of my friends who like to refer to Jesus as "J man", is this also okay? considering the context?
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by barnawilla: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2018
I guess its Daddy Freezor still speaking, the name Jesus has been certified truly ok to treat all issues of life. Even the Devil and his demons recognizes the name forget this english gregorian wey una they speak. Join us here in https://www.dunamisgospel.org/ for better understanding of Jesus and the power of his resurrection, even quaran and islam can testify to the name of Jesus.
Regards.
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by adoniza(m): 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

No need. We r living out the mind of God and His intentions
So if we're living out his intentions, then why is there hell?
Are those who will end up in hell also his intentions?
Are terrorists also living out his intentions?
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by Yankee101: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2018
jeffucee10:

Allah is Arabic and not Hausa...

If you want to comment on a thread then read all of It, not just cherry picked ones.

COOL10:

I still don't get why people would call God(Christian),Allah(Islam). Both names are from two different religions and shouldn't be intertwined in any way or form despite the influence of culture. Just imagine the Igbos referring to the Christian God as 'Amadioha' or the Yorubas calling Him 'Sango'. It just sounds so,so odd to me 

YANKEE101

Arabic is actually a language not a religion. And it existed before Islam. Islam is the religion. That's the name for the almighty in Arabic language. 

Sango and Amadioha are names of specific gods (of thunder) and not necessarily what they called the almighty in the Pantheon of gods.

Most cultures have multiple gods with a distinct senior among them, the almighty. Be it Zeus or Jupiter.
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by thorpido(m): 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2018
adoniza:

Alright I agree that it's a slang, but given the context it's still acceptable to god, right? And equally as powerful as Jesus, right?

How about some of my friends who like to refer to Jesus as "J man", is this also okay? considering the context?
There could be many 'J man'.It could be Joseph J man,Jerry J man or Johnson J man.
Even though the J man is supposed to refer to Jesus,in the spiritual world,there's confusion about which J.That's the problem with slangs.
Re: "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' by Boxoffice84: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2018
This guy is an anti-christ, this is very clear. It is this same Jesus you will run to for deliverance

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Is Dead / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.