Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

“I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says (1037 Views)

Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks / Davido And Adetutu Alabi, Model With Tribal Marks Meet (Photo) / Rihanna Follows Eleven Paz, Model With Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by GistMore: 9:53am On Nov 01, 2018
Adetutu Alabi has called on the public to desist from bullying people with tribal marks.

Tribal marks are scarification, which are specific identification and beautification marks, designed on the face or body people’s bodies.

Popular in African countries, tribal marks are usually inscribed on the body by burning or cutting of the skin during childhood.

Adetutu, who has visible facial tribal marks, recently went viral when she went public with her request to model for U.S. Grammy award winner and pop star, Rihanna.

Rihanna eventually followed Adetutu on Instagram which inspired a social media challenge highlighting the pains and stigmatisation suffered by people with tribal marks.

Revealing the motivation behind her viral call, Adetutu said on her Instagram page that she has been a victim of intense bullying all her life because of her obvious tribal marks.

She also added that people, Nigerians especially, need to learn that beauty is skin-deep and tribal marks should be seen as beauty scars.

She said,

“It’s not easy growing up with Tribal marks. The bullying was much though it hasn’t stopped yet. I still get insulted whenever I go out.

“I want to thrive in what was meant to make me feel bad. I want to model for Rihanna. It will be a dream comes true.

“I grow a thicker skin every day. Bullies make me want to do more than they expect I could be. Bully or body shame me at your peril,” Adetutu said.

The model and single mother has sparked a trending conversation around the body shaming suffered by people with tribal marks on all social platforms.

Adetutu’s anti-bullying campaign has also been featured in several media platforms, including British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).

BY GISTMORE - https://gistmore.com/get-insulted-anytime-go-nigerian-model-tribal-marks-says

Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by GistMore: 9:54am On Nov 01, 2018
sad
Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by dabivs: 9:56am On Nov 01, 2018
uhhn sorry but then you could get beetter
Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by donbachi(m): 10:01am On Nov 01, 2018
If she see my own tribal marks,she go thank God for her own...mine almost entered my eyes...and my belle decorated with razor blade.

1 Like

Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by NwaAmaikpe: 10:07am On Nov 01, 2018
shocked

I've been thinking where I knew this girl from and I just realized that she is probably Pa James's illegitimate daughter.
I mean Pa James in Papa Ajasco And Company.

You be the judge;
pictures don't lie, genes don't too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by ceejayMAX(m): 10:11am On Nov 01, 2018
beauty scars my foot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by Nne5: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I've been thinking where I knew this girl from and I just realized that she is probably Pa James's illegitimate daughter.
I mean Pa James in Papa Ajasco And Company.

You be the judge;
pictures don't lie, genes don't too.
Lol.
This is just wicked! cheesy
Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by Ayobami7(m): 10:46am On Nov 01, 2018
this is my comment
Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by praizblog: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2018
B4 nko
Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by Tamarapetty(f): 11:15am On Nov 01, 2018
Live your life and don't bother yourself with their comments
Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
Tanx 2 nairaland.dis girl is nw famous.
She is nw hitn FP lyk Tonto Dinke,Tiwa Savage,wizkid n snake.
Lalasticlala n mynd44 HV help ha career.

Me I lyk ha boldnex.
She no mind DAT she ugly.she chased her dream
Re: “I Get Insulted Anytime I Go Out,” — Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks Says by billyG(m): 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2018
With a contract of $30000 I will help her remove it.

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Friend, Tydolla $ign Prosecuted For Cocaine, Face 15 Years Prison (video) / Americans Jayz N Puff Dancing To Naija Music On Jayz Roc Nation Event / Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 30th Birthday Anniversary In Braless Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.