Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? (2793 Views)

Lesson Learnt From The Late19 Year Old Guy That Paid 50k For Two Round / 62-years Old Woman Who Married 25-years Old Guy Is Dead / Update: "I Keep Getting Wet For This 20 Years Old Guy My Cousin's Friend" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by SLOVFO(m): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
I am a 37 years old man that us set to court and marry a 20 year old lady. The lady in question came highly recommended by close friends and she is quite matured for her age. The parents are also willing to let her go. But I am hesitant, as I consider the age difference between the two of us. Moreso, she is just in her year one in a higher institution.

I also must add that I am not dating her because of her age. I actually mistook the age I gleaned from her Facebook page to be her real age. Whereas she is much younger.

Please I need the opinion and advise of experienced folks.
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by NobleTallgee: 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
Yes it can work, if you stop looking at her age and start looking at her as your wife. Just know that sometimes she must act childishly ,you need to have a high level of understanding for her.

10 Likes

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2018
Why didn't u marry an older lady?

I'm sure you must have used people's daughters anyhow and now u want to settle for a 20 yr old. Do so, at least she'll have a younger side dude in school to be herself with.

3 Likes

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Olalan(m): 6:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
It's all about you both loving and understanding each other.
BTW you have to be able realise that she'll sometimes act her age.

1 Like

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Olami90: 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
You are interested in marrying her and you are still hesitant...
if it doesn't work, you are the cause as a result of your mindset from the start.

If you see her as a partner/companion, you won't be bothered about the age difference.

Work on your mind and prove to her to be a good support in all aspect (your home and her personal development).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

I'm sure you must have used people's daughters anyhow and now u want to settle for a 20 yr old.
Do so, at least she'll have a younger side dude in school to be herself with.

Your aśs must really be jealous of the kind of shít that comes out from your mouth. Damn! How women jump into conclusions baffles me!

OP from your post, it seems like the young woman have no idea her parents are selling her off as a bride. That is not okay at all. Let the young girl decides if she wants to settle down with an old man like you.

2 Likes

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Olami90: 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

I'm sure you must have used people's daughters anyhow and now u want to settle for a 20 yr old. Do so, at least she'll have a younger side dude in school to be herself with.

Coming from someone with wealth of experience in that right?

"Mama d Mama"
Wehdon ma

5 Likes

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2018
Xaos:

Your aśs must really be jealous of the kind of shít that comes out from your mouth. Damn! How women jump into conclusions baffles me!

OP from your post, it seems like the young woman have no idea her parents are selling her off as a bride. That is not okay at all. Let the young girl decides if she wants to settle down with an old man like you.
.. That's it. If the girl in question is ready to settle with him. Some 20yrs old girls can also behave maturely than some 30 yrs old ladies and even men.In this case,I think she should be the one to decide. And the op should be ready to put in more effort,patience, understanding and all the love he has for it to work.

1 Like

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by chloride6: 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
Let her finish her education before you get married.

Get engaged next year and marry the upper year.

Because if you marry the girl now, I know you you will shoot you load inside and give the innocent girl twins.

If she gets married in 300 level assuming she is supposed to be in school for 4 years. You can manage pregnancy till she is almost done with University. The. She go carry her bell go serve grin

That time she go dey supplement your Income with her income too.

Enjoy

3 Likes

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by tosincares: 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2018
THIS IS THE TESTIMONY OF A SATISFIED CLIENT WHO MISTAKEN TRANSFERRED N490,000 INSTEAD OF N49,000 FOR HIS WEBSITE PROJECT

In the exact words of Mr. Etim, CEO of Cobos Shoes – A PortHarcourt and Ghana based Businessman

‘I was astonished by the swift and efficient customer relation in giving me a simple but professional website and importantly thanks for your integrity, after making mistake of paying N490,000 instead of N49,000 which was suppose to be 70% for the job, my money was reversed within an hour. With the fact that I have not been to the office before since I only read your advert on Nairaland forum’

Sincerely, you guys deserve some accolades. Nice job, pls keep it up.

CEO, Cobos Shoes’

We are a next generation Web, Mobile & Training Solutions, Multimedia Designs and Digital Marketing outfit that is rooted in innovation and drive – with us, ICT connects business solutions. We don’t walk; we run. We dream, and then we do. Our ideas are limitless, but our results are purposeful. Bigger still is our collective pursuit of positive change – the innovations that will move business and brands forward in new and exciting directions.

SERVICES INCLUDE:

WEBSITE/ECOMMERCE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT
ONLINE/DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING & MANAGEMENT
GRAPHICS & MULTIMEDIA BRANDING DESIGNS
ICT TRAINING & RE-TRAINING

If you are still a doubting ‘Uncle Thomas’ in the word of Union Bank, then we can’t help you!

Avoid Development Quacks that. Contact us now and get service/training deliveries we GUARANTEE you cant get anywhere else at same values!
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2018
Freah puna for dem uni boys wink.

2 Likes

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Agboki: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2018
I Neva reach 37 Bt @ my age 20 yrs old grl 2 small 4 me 2 date talk more of marriage.she go always act her age no mata how matured u tink or feel say she dey.
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by ednut1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
A 37 year old man . Omo ur caae is different. Naso u go do till u reach 45
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
No, please abort that mission. I'm not your age yet but I consider myself too old for such girl, let alone you.
If you insist, be ready to face the consequence.

2 Likes

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobodys(f): 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2018
MajorJeffery:
No, please abort that mission. I'm not your age yet but I consider myself too old for such girl, let alone you.
If you insist, be ready to face the consequence.
What consequence please.?
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobodys(f): 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2018
Op, what matters is her level of maturity.... as long as she is mature enough to handle situations and marriage wisely then I dont see a problem .. Age doesnt determine maturity.....

1 Like

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by SLOVFO(m): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
Nobodys:
What consequence please.?

What consequences please?
I actually didn't know her really age at first. I assumed what she had on her Facebook page was her age. I thought she was much older than 20 years.
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by SLOVFO(m): 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
ednut1:
A 37 year old man . Omo ur caae is different. Naso u go do till u reach 45

It concerns you? Is it your life? Marriage is a life choice. I can defer it to God knows when... It's my choice. I must not marry just because I have come of age.
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
Xaos:

A typical example of a pot calling kettle black. What made u come to conclude the lady has no idea of the Ops intentions?
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Fahrenz: 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
For the singular fact that your mind is against you marrying her, it's not going to work.

I say this because every little negative inconsequential occurrence in your lives will always take out the blame on age difference.

You do not love this girl. Stop deceiving her, stop deceiving your friends that recommended her, and most importantly, stop deceiving yourself... You're too old for that shii
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2018
let the young girl choose who she wants to be with.this one u saying she was highly recommended by her parents and friends to u its like her parents are forcing her to marry u.
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by DateMynd44(m): 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

u want to advertise urself to him abi?
desperate woman
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by ednut1(m): 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

when u say used how do u mean If he did he put gun for dem head
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by NaMe4: 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
Well, a 20 yr old is actually an adult. Besides, most of our parents (mothers)married around this age range (20 - 25).
I also know quite a number of ladies about this age who act maturely, are of commendable character and are quite focussed.
A lady being older than 30yrs of age does not guarantee mental (& spiritual) maturity. Though it is expected that 'most' should be.

So largely, it is more of an individual thing.

If you both have been friends with mutual attraction and a good knowledge of each other, that would be great. You may have to be patient for her to finish school and be ready to support and encourage her, especially morally in order to achieve even more than her dreams.

If she was suggested to you by friends and you have some reservation or uncertainty going through your mind, then you have to really think critically and possibly consider other options if you have doubts.

Considering some comments on this thread, is it socially ackward for a 37 year old man to marry a 20 year old woman?

1 Like

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
Better marry her and give her Belle. Make she dey carry Belle around for sch so those mfk's go take em eyes off her
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 02, 2018
DateMynd44:
u want to advertise urself to him abi?
desperate woman
Naaaa...not into such. Ur head no just correct.

1 Like

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by ehinmowo: 6:06am On Nov 02, 2018
SLOVFO:
I am a 37 years old man that us set to court and marry a 20 year old lady. The lady in question came highly recommended by close friends and she is quite matured for her age. The parents are also willing to let her go. But I am hesitant, as I consider the age difference between the two of us. Moreso, she is just in her year one in a higher institution.

I also must add that I am not dating her because of her age. I actually mistook the age I gleaned from her Facebook page to be her real age. Whereas she is much younger.

Please I need the opinion and advise of experienced folks.

Bro if you have not gone too deep. I advice you to pull out. 17 years difference no be beans. By d time you will be in ur 50s this girl will be in her early 30s. At this time, your cassava may not be able to handle her again due to old age. And she will still be in her active period. 2. Marrying her might affect her education 3. If she decided to wait till after school b4 hving children, then u will be a father children in your 40s. Ur children will still be below 15 when you will be in ur 60s.

HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE A MAN OF FAITH, YOU CAN FIRE ON. JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FAITH FOR TWO (URSELF AND YOUR WIFE)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Office Sex Latest (nollywood Drama) / Rophynol: Another Drug Menace / 25 Countries Nigerians Can Visit Without Visa For A Romantic Time And Vacation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.