Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,786 members, 7,956,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:05 PM

Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times (33866 Views)

Buratai Moves Against Babagana Monguno, Withdraws Amy Officers Attached To NSA / Buhari's Victory A Referendum On Honesty And Integrity - New York Times / Davido ‘hails’ President Buhari As He Delivers Speech To The Nation (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Sammyblaq(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2018
Sagay212:
everybody keeps running their mouth. if they give you uniform and gun to maintain peacd and you try to ensure peaceful protest but protesters start throwing stones at you, biko what will you do? You have amunition to guide and deliver to a particular location. will you leave the ammunition and run away, will you wait for them to injure and probably stone you to death? Instead of blaiming the NA and forming human rights, please tell us what you will do as a soldier in that situation.
If you don't know... There are rubber bullets.
Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by BiafranJesus: 9:15am On Nov 03, 2018
Trump has since disgraced the Nigerian Army in his rebuttal.

APC are so stupid.

APC and their Nigerian Army accomplice have been made to look stupid as they are.

They dug out a quote by Donald Trump as justification for murdering shiite protesters.

Trump has come out to defend his statement.

How stupid the Nigerian Army looks now.

This must get to the front page.

APC moderators beware.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6347643/I-didnt-say-shoot-Trump-says-never-meant-military-open-fire-caravan-invasion.html

'I didn't say shoot!' Trump says he never meant for the military to open fire on the migrant caravan 'invasion' but rock-throwers will 'be arrested for a long time' 

'I don't want these people throwing rocks,' the president insisted, reflecting on violence that erupted on Mexico's southern border as the first of four caravans of Central Americans made their way north last week.

'What they did to the Mexican military is a disgrace,' he said. 'They hit them with rocks. Some were very seriously injured, and they were throwing rocks in their face. [If] they do that with us, they're going to be arrested. There's going to be problems.'

'I didn't say shoot. I didn't say shoot! But they do that with us, they're going to be arrested for a long time,' he warned.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by tony5(m): 9:26am On Nov 03, 2018
chuckjonesbaba:

I understand where you are coming from bro it's a hard decision for soldiers but the United states army will never shoot civilians. Especially their own citizens.
Usa Citizens Are Rational Enough To Know The Right Way To Protest And They Know Better Than To Attack A Truck Of Ammunition. It Is An Act Of Terrorism,nothing More,i Will Keep Saying This,they Were Not There For Peace Keeping Mission,they Follow Orders,they Have To Do The Needed In Such Situation. Peace Unto Us All

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by tony5(m): 9:42am On Nov 03, 2018
Please Let's Note That Usa Is Far Better And Advance Than Nigeria,technology Wise And Among Many Others Development,what Equipment Does Nigerians Army Have To Arrest This Guys Who Are Ready To Die?Very Soon This Protesters Will Metamorphors Into Another Thing If Not Curbed, And Don't Be Surprised To Hear That Not All Those Protester Had Same Motivative.It's No More A Protest To Release Their Leader Again,some Terrorist Have Override The Objective Of The Shiites Muslims,i Know And I'm Sure They Are Good People Who Also Preach Peace Like Every Other Religion.Let's Not Condemn Them,please,drop Personal Interest
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by FFun: 9:54am On Nov 03, 2018
adedehinbo:
oga shut up cos u know nothing abt what u typing,Islam isn't divided into sects,the same shites aren't obeying the Quran which states that every Muslims should abide by the rules of law and governing body,you want those soldiers to wait and let them be stone to death just like those policemen who died to these same shites,that foolishness na
Sunnis are so intolerance..... Buhari is using his position to fight a proxy war between Saudi and Iran.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by xxxtension: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2018
sarrki:
It’s called rule of engagement

Army are not trained to maintain peace

They are trained to kill

...when will the Nigerian army learn to treat their fellow countrymen with dignity and respect? When the NA keeps killing Nigerians like this, why won't our fellow men be maltreated outside the country?

It's a shame we have no regard for our lives

Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by jimts(m): 11:45am On Nov 03, 2018
And you think a group of "peaceful" protesters who had the effrontery to throw stones at armed military men will not squeeze a trigger if they had guns?

Dearest Nigerians, what is it that you want actually.
You criticise your incumbent leaders only to hail them a few years after they are out of office. What a people!!
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by msylva2147(m): 12:07pm On Nov 03, 2018
gidgiddy:

Stoning the military, or anyone for that matter, is not good enough reason to kill a person. Life is worth more than cars. If a person destroys a car, they should be charged to court to pay for their actions, not kill them. It is only in countries where human life means nothing, such as Nigeria, do you see people talking about killing their fellow human being over the throwing of stones, blocking of roads or the destroying of cars.
And I still feel you are far from this country with this your myopic reasoning. A multitude of more than five hundred thousand terrorist you are here talking about charging them to court, my only prayer for you is to get encounter with this situation then come online and repeat those your exact words.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by gidgiddy: 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2018
msylva2147:
And I still feel you are far from this country with this your myopic reasoning. A multitude of more than five hundred thousand terrorist you are here talking about charging them to court, my only prayer for you is to get encounter with this situation then come online and repeat those your exact words.
What makes them terrorists? The throwing of stones? Who hasn't thrown stones? It's even possible you threw more stones than them in primary school.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by kabillionaire(m): 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2018
the protesters probably knew the consequences before embarking on stone throwing jihad. it's OK.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by msylva2147(m): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2018
gidgiddy:

What makes them terrorists? The throwing of stones? Who hasn't thrown stones? It's even possible you threw more stones than them in primary school.
well you might be right in your own opinion but I still pray that this type of stone throwing should one day fall on you so you will be happy just like those who were hurt in ordinary stone throwing as you put it.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by OgbeniSamm(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2018
xxxtension:
Under the rule of engagement, Civilians are not to be attacked let alone killed by the military expect the civilians initiate attack with weapons

Stone in this case is considered to be a weapon, sir
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Khalypso: 11:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
I once asked the difference between Sunni and Shia and I was replied one believes only in Koran and the other believes in addition in Haddith. I had in my mind the two sects compared side by side with different Christian denominations, the Pentecostals and Catholics who also believe exclusively the Bible and the other in addition the catechism yet the Christians do not kill each other. Let us respect the freedom of religion.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by abbiboy: 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
Sagay212:

I already have sense, it is you that needs sense. The NA is not anti riot police. They cannot ve moving weapons and some idio.ts just believe they can attack them with stones. You attack them with stones, they defend themselves and tge ammunition in transit. How they do that is their business. If you don't want the NA to shoot at you, then don't attack them for any reason.

And you still foolis.hly avoided the question. what will you do aa a soldier in that situation? stop yapping trash about anti riot police.
Ur storyline depicts who u re violence..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension / President Francois Hollande Calls Buhari, Invites Him To Paris / Mai Mala Buni Visits Eunice, Orji Uzor Kalu's Mother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.