Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan (14372 Views)

PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC / 2nd Term Bid: Fresh Hurdles Before Buhari / Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by MrAJQ(m): 6:17am On Nov 03, 2018
Says Gov unruffled by defection of party members
BY CHARLES KUMOLU, Deputy Features Editor

DELTA State Commissioner for Transport, Mr, Vincent Uduaghan, in this interview, explains why the re-election chances of the state governor, Sen Ifeanyi Okowa are bright. He also spoke on the activities of his ministry and defection of some Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, members among other issues.

Delta State governor, Sen Ifeanyi Okowa and the state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, seem unruffled by the defection of a few prominent PDP members in the state. What could be responsible for such comportment?

The Governor cannot be ruffled because politically he is a grassroots man. He works closely with the electorate, he feels their pulses and he has a track record of carrying people along politically. He doesn’t show the attitude of “I know it all”. So many people from the opposition also defected to the PDP recently. We are not threatened because Okowa has done well in every area to deserve a second term. Because of his track record, he was appointed the Chairman Organising Committee that put together the National Convention of the PDP in Port Harcourt. Recently, the Vice President Yemi Osibanjo commended Okowa for being very proactive on the flooding incidents across the state. The governor has so far, given adequate attention to Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, in various camps across the state. He was equally given an award for the best governor in the country. The award is a recognistion of what he is doing in the state.
Mr. Vincent Uduaghan,

A former governor of the state, who is also your elder brother, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan defected to the All Progressives Congress, APC. Are you concerned about that?

Many things are happening politically. He is an adult, who was a member of the PDP for a long time. If he chose to leave, I believe he left as a result of reasons that are personal to him. So many persons have equally defected from the APC to the PDP in large number. It is politics at play. The members of the state executive council are concerned about how we can jointly help Okowa to succeed. That is why we are committed to our various assignments. With Okowa as our boss, we don’t have any option but to perform.

The state government has been adjudged in various reports to have done well in road construction across the senatorial zones in the state. Could explain more on that?
The Governor is doing his best in the areas of road rehabilitation and construction. It is an expensive venture but much has been achieved. Delta State is a mini-Nigeria where most projects are sited in the three Senatorial Districts of the State. More roads will be given attention in the state. He had equally done well in the health, education, agriculture, and information sectors, among other areas. Governor Okowa has already succeeded in his 2019 re-election bid. His report card and political prowess give him an edge.

Transport sector

The Governor has done well and expended so much in the transport sector. The Delta State Traffic Management Authority (DESTMA) was inaugurated, by the administration. DESTMA is established to control and manage traffic as well as address traffic issues. Presently, there is a high level of compliance by motorists. There is also a Mechanic Village which is being constructed under a Public Private Partnership, PPP. It is very important because it will bring together all mechanics and spare parts dealers scattered all over the state capital and it will facilitate the gathering of data by the government concerning the artisans. It will also create synergy among them. The accreditation of the School of Marine Technology Courses in Burutu was achieved under him. Vehicle Inspection Officers are well positioned because of the good working condition created by the Okowa administration. It is quite remarkable to know that drivers who had not been promoted for over four years were recently remembered by the governor, who approved a training programme for them. After the training, about 200 people were promoted in the first phase, while another 250 are about to commence another training for 2018/2019 session.
The Government of Senator Dr. Okowa equally deemed it fit to embark on the privatization of Delta Line Company in order to bring complete overhauling of the moribund transport company, after many years of poor management. Traffic Lights were also installed in different locations across the state. At the same time, we are constructing a tanker park in the Effurun/Warri Axis. At the completion of this project, the hazardous parking of tankers along the Nigeria Port Authority, NPA, and Refinery Roads would become a thing of the past. It will also address the issues of accidents in Effurun / Warri axis.

Delta State Ministry of Transport
It is quite interesting to know that the goal of the ministry is to provide safe, reliable, efficient and integrated transport operations and infrastructure that will meet the need of passengers and freight services. The policy thrust of the ministry is to channel all available resources to the provision of adequate, sustainable, affordable, comfortable and safe transportation services. We also provide mechanical engineering and marine services to Deltans.

The ministry is to ensure effective management, control of road traffic policies, and the safety of lives and property on our roads. The ministry also harnesses revenue accruing from motor vehicle-related transactions and taxation among others.

Has the state started reaping from the privatisation of Delta Line?

The privatisation of Delta Line was a hectic assignment. But what is worth doing is worth doing well. That is the reason the Governor took the decision to redeem the transport company through a privatization process. Over the years, the state government invested so much in the company without the desired result. There were cases of financial mismanagement, and poor attitude to work among other issues that could wreck any public or organisation. The benefits and gratuity of those affected are being disbursed to them accordingly. Even before now, the inherited salaries of staff owed by the previous management were paid up to date before the process of the payments of benefits.
My colleagues in the Ministry of Finance, Olorogun David Edevbie and Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Festus Agas were at the forefront of seeing that the process of paying all benefits to affected staff and interfacing with the union was done smoothly.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/okowas-second-term-bid-done-deal-uduaghan/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by baur(m): 6:23am On Nov 03, 2018
ok
Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by fiercehillz(m): 6:23am On Nov 03, 2018
What has he achieved in the past 3.5 years.
If Buhari must go, then a governor like Okowa must go too. What's good for eggroll is good for puff puff.

15 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by downloadproject(f): 6:23am On Nov 03, 2018
Good For Him. 2019
Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Freddyjimoh: 6:23am On Nov 03, 2018
I see
Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by TooNoisy(f): 6:23am On Nov 03, 2018
Okowa should not trust this guy. He will always be loyal to his brother Uduaghan. His brother made him a commissioner.

Don't be surprised if you hear he has defected close to the election.

5 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Alzirida(f): 6:23am On Nov 03, 2018
grin

Do u know that we can achive a lot if everyone on earth loves, respect and cherish one another,.........
But people will barely have need for God

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by davibid: 6:23am On Nov 03, 2018
....sorry but I don’t care...

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Flexherbal(m): 6:25am On Nov 03, 2018
The people will decide !

3 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by deksm19: 6:26am On Nov 03, 2018
hmm
Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 03, 2018
davibid:
G
g for Goat tongue
Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Sweetcollins: 6:27am On Nov 03, 2018
Ok
We dey wait
Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by kevoh(m): 6:27am On Nov 03, 2018
Okowa! When will you repair that road in Agbor? The road is travellers' nightmare! There's no time I will pass the road that I will not see a vehicle stuck there in heavy thick mud and people battling to save the vehicle. It has been this way since my first trip through Agbor in 2016. Passed there yesterday and touts were busy harassing motorists and collecting money N500 to N1000 to pass through a makeshift route. If you decide to prove stubborn they leave you to find your way through the heavy thick mud which of course your vehicle can never survive it.

Funny thing is I heard your home is not even far from the road. You are here seeking re-election and claiming achievements in transport, yet there's a nightmarish road in your backyard. angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by MrGreenMavro: 6:28am On Nov 03, 2018
OK......next
Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 03, 2018
There are so many truths in this real and any truthful Deltan will attest to that

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by nelsonebby(m): 6:37am On Nov 03, 2018
Useless governor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by 99Karma: 6:40am On Nov 03, 2018
i love okowa's voice eh grin

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by soliddust2020: 6:42am On Nov 03, 2018
nineone:
There are so many truths in this real and any truthful Deltan will attest to that

No truth here, especially in the health and transportation sector, his media team is nothing to write about. Okowa has failed big lets just admit the truth. He is going to win 2019 not based on performance but because of sentiments in his favor.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Oildichotomy(m): 6:47am On Nov 03, 2018
So this set of nincompoops are hell bent on destroying Delta State. Which Okowa is a done deal?

The annoying thing right now is that, I never knew Uduaghan brother is a commissioner in the state.

These people have turned Delta State to their personal estate where they share positions. God punish y'all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by DogmaNation: 6:48am On Nov 03, 2018
kevoh:
Okowa! When will you repair that road in Agbor? The road is travellers' nightmare! There's no time I will pass the road that I will not see a vehicle stuck there in heavy thick mud and people battling to save the vehicle. It has been this way since my first trip through Agbor in 2016. Passed there yesterday and touts were busy harassing motorists and collecting money N500 to N1000 to pass through a makeshift route. If you decide to prove stubborn they leave you to find your way through the heavy thick mud which of course your vehicle can never survive it.

Funny thing is I heard your home is not even far from the road. You are here seeking re-election and claiming achievements in transport, yet there's a nightmarish road in your backyard. angry angry angry
Am from Agbor. What road are u talking about? In terms of road infrastructure,he has done massively well. He has almost finished repair on all major streets in Agbor. Are u talking of the college junction road, leading to Warri? That's a federal government road n Buhari is useless when it comes to infrastructure.

6 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 03, 2018
soliddust2020:

No truth here, especially in the health and transportation sector, his media team is nothing to write about. Okowa has failed big lets just admit the truth. He is going to win 2019 not based on performance but because of sentiments in his favor.
Where are you in Delta? How do you measure performance in any sector? Are you partisan or ethnically biased? I know why I'm asking this. Any sane and right thinking Deltan that's not politically or ethnically biased will agree that Okowa is performing. Is he performing to my expectations? No. Okowa I know is a genius and I had a higher expectations of him but is he a failure? No. He's far above average.

5 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by utenwuson: 6:51am On Nov 03, 2018
With the allocation delta state receive monthly plus 13 percent derivatives, one will think that delta will be very develop in terms of infrastructure and great development, but come to asaba.... It's like lokoja, apart from rivers and akwa ibom, no Niger delta state is develop according to money received

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by gunpower: 6:53am On Nov 03, 2018
WANT TO BE THE BEST 3D ANIMATOR? THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING IN 3D ANIMATION IS THE ULTIMATE TRAINING GROUND WITHIN THREE WEEKS

Pour your creative ideas and your technical skills into a dynamic career in the fast evolving field of 3D animation where your chances to progress are only as limited as your imagination

The animation classes are intensive, hands on experiences that combine in class lectures with instructor-supervised workshops and course assignments. From the first day of classes, students can expect to start gaining hands-on experience with the animation software and skills they will require as the curriculum grows more challenging. In short, students can expect that their animation classes will be demanding, but productive, with students ultimately creating their own original 3D animations

If you want to reach your full potential as an animator, there’s no better pathway than this powerful 3 weeks 3D Program!

FEES: N25,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: ADDRESS OF OUR TRAINING CENTER ON OUR WEBSITE

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design 3D ANIMATIONS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical 3D Animations training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N30,000!
THIS IS A GUARANTEE AT THE END OF THE TRAINING
Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Oildichotomy(m): 6:55am On Nov 03, 2018
nineone:
Where are you in Delta? How do you measure performance in any sector? Are you partisan or ethnically biased? I know why I'm asking this. Any sane and right thinking Deltan that's not politically or ethnically biased will agree that Okowa is performing. Is he performing to my expectations? No. Okowa I know is a genius and I had a higher expectations of him but is he a failure? No. He's far above average.
Hello buddy,
You are speaking from a biased angle as well, you are somehow enjoying from the state government. Probably a media aide
Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by oweniwe(m): 7:00am On Nov 03, 2018
kevoh:

It's federal road... State roads are very smooth..

From your username, i guess you're from Urhobo. Urhobo people just hate okowa without reason.. Ibori & Uduaghan your brothers were Governors before o. They both spent 8years there. I don't have problem with Ibori, he tried ... Uduaghant is worst. Before you criticize Okowa, go and meet Uduaghan first

5 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Ryott: 7:02am On Nov 03, 2018
Former governor Uduaghan younger brother
Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by aku626(m): 7:02am On Nov 03, 2018
Wickedness. Delta state oil producing state can’t boast of nothing, Roads, Electricity, Education, Agriculture, Health Care,....? They’re supposed to have something that people would admonish them for despite the revenues generated.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by Kennedy94(m): 7:06am On Nov 03, 2018
Delta is pdp

others would only make noise,carry go okowa

Get your rmb with us at a cheaper rate

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan by kevoh(m): 7:06am On Nov 03, 2018
DogmaNation:
Am from Agbor. What road are u talking about? In terms of road infrastructure,he has done massively well. He has almost finished repair on all major streets in Agbor. Are u talking of the college junction road, leading to Warri? That's a federal government road n Buhari is useless when it comes to infrastructure.
Yes, I was waiting for someone to use the federal government road card. What stops Okowa from lobbying the FG to do something on that road? The road is just in his backyard and an eyesore. Northern Governors do the same. It's hard to find terrible roads the scale of this one up North. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu / Garba Shehu Denies Commenting On Twitter Picking Ghana As Africa HQ / Money Ritual: Churches, families never question sources of wealth – Noble Igwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.