Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

2019 Presidency: How PDP Exposed Atiku’s Ignorance – Oby Ezekwesili - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: How PDP Exposed Atiku’s Ignorance – Oby Ezekwesili (35677 Views)

2023 Presidency: How Tinubu, Amaechi, Saraki, Others Woo Delegates / Senate Presidency: How Oshiomhole Triggered Crisis In NASS / EXPOSED! Atiku Paid INEC Recs $1m Each To Compromise Card Readers For Pdp’s Vict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Presidency: How PDP Exposed Atiku’s Ignorance – Oby Ezekwesili by djon78(m): 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2018
obailala:
Point of correction, every single argument I made on this thread had absolutely nothing to do with buhari or atiku or gej or apc or pdp or any kind of politics whatsoever; it was never meant to be a political argument and in no way did I try to say anything to castigate or glorify any body or political group or political ideology. Nigeria's economy still suffocates under the burden of subsidy, PDP paid subsidy, apc is paying subsidy, and subsidy payments will continue by every govt until we get certain things right (especially when we fix our balance of trade problems and strengthen the Naira). Too bad, your mind was too politically charged, that's why you saw it all as politics.

Actually I am totally for the betterment of the common man.

You highlighted balance of trade problems
And Naira strengthening
But can an import dependent economy actually fix her balance of trade problems? Capital No
Then strengthening Naira, I personally believe that if we
fix our infrastructures
Produce more of our local goods

The low rate of Naira will even be beneficial to us coupled with our population. It will make the goods we produce cheap in the international markets, thereby beneficial to the nation.

But Nigeria's major challenge is that she has been bedeviled with horrible leaders.
Can't God bless us with like
Lee Kwuan Yeew of Singapore
or Mohammed Mahatir of Malaysia?

Why does Nigeria always end up with terrible leaders?

Nigeria on paper is laden with huge potentials of imaginable proportion, but she may never attain it because of bad leadership.

That's why I truly get very angry when I look at what happens around in politics. Very nauseating
Re: 2019 Presidency: How PDP Exposed Atiku’s Ignorance – Oby Ezekwesili by djon78(m): 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2018
Grayxme:
This is just the beginning of his downfall, the fact is that Atiku has nothing to offer to Nigerians, he have been tested and can never be trusted, He is only trying to use different measures to win the people's support.

And has Buhari been better?
How has the economy fared under him?
Catastrophic!!!!

At least Atiku has run viable businesses and Obasanjos regime which he was vice, is still the best in this our present Democratic dispensation.
Re: 2019 Presidency: How PDP Exposed Atiku’s Ignorance – Oby Ezekwesili by lexy2014: 8:00pm On Nov 08, 2018
obailala:
I got tired and frustrated because I kept having to repeat the very same thing over and over again but you kept returning to ask the same questions that I had already answered, making me wonder if you even bothered reading my responses before replying them. My apologies for the unsavoury words.
its all good. No hard feelings
Re: 2019 Presidency: How PDP Exposed Atiku’s Ignorance – Oby Ezekwesili by lexy2014: 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2018
obailala:
How many of those other products and bye-products are as pricey as gasoline and diesel? Lube oil is pricey, but how much of it can you really make out of a barrel and what is the demand for it compared to gasoline?... My assumption of 100% PMS is actually generous and conservative, and I did that to cover for the extra value the pricier derivatives like diesel, jet fuel and lube would have added.

Knocking down the price of pms which is the largest derivative to N80, the amount gained by the sale of other derivatives (even if you leave diesel price at N220) would not cover up to $80. I wouldn't be able to give a detailed breakdown on that now to tell you by how much it would be short, but consider the average global price of PMS and it gives you a rough idea of what a profitable (or break even) price of PMS should be.

But yes, it's absolutely true that if Nigeria starts refining its crude, it can help to bring down the price in an economically viable way. That is because in addition to paying less for processing and shipping costs, a cessation of importation would have an unbelievably positive effect on our exchange rate.

I agree with u on local refining cos costs of transporting imported products constitute part of d explicit costs u mentioned earlier.

What we c in Nigeria concerning d politics&economics of petroleum products, goes beyond what we c on d surface. D reason 4d several price increases in d IBB & Abacha eras, d deliberate crippling of d refineries during d abacha regime&d refusal of subsequent govts 2 fix d refineries. We still have a long way 2 go.
Cheers
Re: 2019 Presidency: How PDP Exposed Atiku’s Ignorance – Oby Ezekwesili by PNomsule: 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2018
grin grin grin Aptly said
You and I know whom the slave who would rather be kept bound is sadly...mtcheww

guiddoti:
Truly said: " A slave who loves his chain will remain bound" how many slaves will escape the rudiment of this world?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Discharged After Successful Surgery, Rehabilitation At Duchess Hospital / How Politicians Humble Themselves When Seeking Votes (photos) / Three Soldiers Killed, 8 Others Injured In Gunfight With Boko Haram (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.