Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

The Struggle With Lil Kesh Music Career. Will He Overcome And Revive It Soon? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Struggle With Lil Kesh Music Career. Will He Overcome And Revive It Soon? (735 Views)

Sky B Is Alive, Faked His Death To Revive His Dying Music Career (Photos) / Copyright: I Will Deal With Lil Kesh - Eleyele / DJ Olu's Death: Wizkid, Olamide, Lil Kesh And Other Celebrities Mourn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Struggle With Lil Kesh Music Career. Will He Overcome And Revive It Soon? by tatibillion: 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPvqMuWdao8

Lil kesh came to limelight in 2016 when he released his first hit song titled “Shoki” under YBNL Nation. He then went on to drop some 3 or 4 consecutive hit tracks and won several awards

Fast Forward to 2018, a lot of things have changed. Lil Kesh’s Music career is experiencing a struggle.

1. Despite dropping nice singles every few months, He has no hit track since early 2017
2. He’s hardly ever in the news (As a matter of fact, the last time there was a major report about him was in November 2017, some sources claimed he was deported from the US and he didn’t address this issue until months later)
3. Kiss daniel and Reekado now have a more solid career than Lil kesh compared to 2016 when Kesh had a more promising career

I could go on and on but the purpose of this article is not to downplay or mock Lil Kesh, but to speculate on what went wrong and recommend some line of actions that may kickstart his career.

Now there’s no single explanation for what went wrong with Lil Kesh career, but my research shows that there are a number of events that affected his career.

1. Premature Management: I believe Kesh move from YBNL was too early. Early in the sense that he wasn’t prepared enough to float his career by himself. He had little to no knowledge of how branding and the media works in general, and it also appears like his management is lacking in that area, or maybe he has no serious management. Also let me chip it in that Kiss Daniel didn’t leave his label until earlier this year. Meanwhile Reekado banks is still signed to Mavins.

2. Lil Kesh sound is swimming against the wave. Originally this guy was branded as a street-inspired singer, which is why shoki blew in 2016. However, the emergence of Artistes like Small Doctor, Slimcase, Idowest, Mr Real et cetera exposed us to a raw street sound, which I’ll call hardcore street-hop. Now Lil kesh songs on a street level is too watery to stand these hardcore street hops, which may be why he doesn’t have a hit song since 2017. So I guess it’s time for him to go hard or go home.

3. Lastly, Lil Kesh is not so Media-friendly. It somehow amazes me how he is often missing in the news judging that there are thousands of personal blogs and instagram pages who’ll post anything about celebrities. This is something I think Lil Kesh and his team should work on.

In my conclusion, Lil kesh is a pot of potential that fell into mismanagement but with some amendments he can skyrocket to a higher position than he is in his career and I wish him goodluck with that.

Cc Lalasticlala Dominique Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: The Struggle With Lil Kesh Music Career. Will He Overcome And Revive It Soon? by 46O1CE: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2018
Wetin concern me
Re: The Struggle With Lil Kesh Music Career. Will He Overcome And Revive It Soon? by 4t9t(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2018
better go and start selling stew
Re: The Struggle With Lil Kesh Music Career. Will He Overcome And Revive It Soon? by Demgohearword: 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2018
What if the people that made him are trying to pull him right down?

1 Like

Re: The Struggle With Lil Kesh Music Career. Will He Overcome And Revive It Soon? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 03, 2018
He should go and be filling those 744 potholes in Festac.

Who knows? He might just be so lucky to be having passers by or motorists plying that road to be dropping 20 naira for him.

Oga, he should stop noise making and starr singing real deal music.

Did u not see the nonsense he dropped on the Able God's song? He was even featured there and had just around one minute to handle and he could still not drop sonething good.

What about if it is now a full single?

He already has the popularity and wide reach for his music to make a hit. Let him utlize that and drop something meaningful and good and things will change

and not noise making angry

1 Like

Re: The Struggle With Lil Kesh Music Career. Will He Overcome And Revive It Soon? by Kingosytex(m): 1:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
the industry isn't easy at alllllll. kesh is a talented young rapper/singer, i seriously believe that he will bounce back stronger
Re: The Struggle With Lil Kesh Music Career. Will He Overcome And Revive It Soon? by Lagosbynature: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2018
OladimejiRufai:
He should go and be filling those 744 potholes in Festac.

Who knows? He might just be so lucky to be having passers by or motorists plying that road to be dropping 20 naira for him.

Oga, he should stop noise making and starr singing real deal music.

Did u not see the nonsense he dropped on the Able God's song? He was even featured there and had just around one minute to handle and he could still not drop sonething good.

What about if it is now a full single?

He already has the popularity and wide reach for his music to make a hit. Let him utlize that and drop something meaningful and good and things will change

and not noise making angry
I agree with you. His lyrics are not that sound, like kindergarten lyrics
Re: The Struggle With Lil Kesh Music Career. Will He Overcome And Revive It Soon? by tatibillion: 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
Mynd44 lalasticlala move to FP please

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy’s Fan Thrown Away, During His Concert In Abuja / Wizkid’s Bouncer Stabbed While Paying Singer’s Debt At Club DNA / Kim Kardashian Defends Kanye West After Drake Rant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.