Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,607 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ (38786 Views)

Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students / Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum / UNIOSUN Increases Tuition Fees By 140 Percent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Komu1048(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2018
Please I don't want wailing of any form, even though I am jobless but 30k per session is far little to wail about. For Christ sake some schools are already collecting over 1m in naija. And when dis school are rank above public school you wail about govt incompetence.

If u save average of 65-70 naira daily.... U will pay your school fees and collect change
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by DBestDoc(f): 10:06am On Nov 04, 2018
Moveonmax:
I don't see any sense in govt subsidizing education for starters because it's a scam minding the level of rot in facilities and backwardness in the educational standards of higher institutions. This increment or any other of its like would have made sense if there were noticeable improvements in the School's outlook, ptf funded projects aside.
Moreover, a sudden increment of 100% in tuition fee is still staggering no matter how ridiculous the amount might seem and the students have a RIGHT to protest so far it's conducted peacefully.
And please carry your depressing story about how life is conducted in better climes and go cos this is Nigeria and things are not funny, cos the side-jobs sef no dey and if at all, den no dey pay.
Average citizens shouldn't be totally rid of the little privileges they enjoy because of the gross mismanagent of ppl who are still living fat off them and who also are not ready to adjust their fat pockets to the demands of the economic trends.
Your 23k theory on data monthly doesn't hold water because most students actually learn from Google and not classes Cos it's a known known that the classes are more or less just figure heads.
So, just please.

You quoted me out of context and conjured up a theory of overseas which i didn't mention in the first place.

You are never tired of blaming everybody but yourself. The same set of youths are the ones ranting FEBUHARI and ATIKULATION all over the Nigerian cyberspace.

I want to reiterate that 23k for a full year is not bad. If a full fledged adult cannot hustle out 23k in a full year to settle their tuition, then they have no business being in a university environment in the first place. This is not about minors or kids in primary or secondary schools who need to be provided for 100 percent by their caregivers, this is about mature men and women.

I have seen a doctor who saw himself through school from start to finish without one kobo contribution from his family in the same Nigeria.

You're the only ones that can help yourselves oo, but if you want to keep deceiving yourselves, carry go oo my brother.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Moveonmax: 10:53am On Nov 04, 2018
DBestDoc:

You quoted me out of context and conjured up a theory of overseas which i didn't mention in the first place.

You are never tired of blaming everybody but yourself. The same set of youths are the ones ranting FEBUHARI and ATIKULATION all over the Nigerian cyberspace.

I want to reiterate that 23k for a full year is not bad. If a full fledged adult cannot hustle out 23k in a full year to settle their tuition, then they have no business being in a university environment in the first place. This is not about minors or kids in primary or secondary schools who need to be provided for 100 percent by their caregivers, this is about mature men and women.

I have seen a doctor who saw himself through school from start to finish without one kobo contribution from his family in the same Nigeria.

You're the only ones that can help yourselves oo, but if you want to keep deceiving yourselves, carry go oo my brother.
This is not entirely about me but about the tumultuous population of students in the school who see the rather meagre tuition fee that they even have to hustle hard to cough out as the only light at the end of the tunnel to obtain a university degree, which might show them the way out of poverty. You see, I have been to the hinterlands of Kwara state and I've seen First Class poverty hands down. The charity case type that's so disturbing, one might begin to have nightmares. Increasing the tuition fee is sending most of these people back there. Plus, the 21k tuition fee you're hearing is not the big deal oh, there are other charges. E.g

Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by EmirAbj: 11:26am On Nov 04, 2018
Is Like The Student Government Cannot Protest
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Feezah01(f): 11:48am On Nov 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If govt can release over 250k as subsidy per student why can't the students cough out 60-70k on their own part to get education?
Lots of graduates are just going to school to get certificate and don't pay emphasis on the skill it affords them to acquire.
If you value the education you would even do manual labour to save N200k as buffer to help see you through school and enjoy millions in subsidy.

Get your facts right...... All we are saying is they should have informed us before the increment.... nah we go pay nah
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by agbaman1782(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
Bambambiglo:
Haba.. 23k for university tuition and people are still complaining?

That has got to be the cheapest tertiary institution in the country
[color=#006600][/color]

When you do the overall calculation, the whole school fees might up to 100k
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Alexis247(m): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
This one na increment??
Come to UNN and see for yaself instead of u guys to b thanking God it wasnt dat high

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Rhaspody(m): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
23k is nothing compared to what other Federal Universities (futo) are paying.

God will help us in this country
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Special provision should be made for that.
. is it by the government or individuals. talk with sense now
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
It is you who is dumb. Stay there and be acquiring your poor and cheap education. Your mates around the world are getting good jobs globally.
. where are your own mate. ode ni Bobo yiii
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by CodeTemplar: 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
Ayanshola337:
. is it by the government or individuals. talk with sense now
Use your own sense for once. By any means.
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by CodeTemplar: 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2018
ibromodzi:

Oga please stop this nonsense you are saying. Just because you have a good job doesn't mean others do, you need to understand that fingers aren't equal.
Na you give me the good job mumu?

So because some persons are poor govt should lower the standard of schools for everybody and shortchange all graduates internationally? Use what God gave you ..
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by CodeTemplar: 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
ibromodzi:

Oga please stop this nonsense you are saying. Just because you have a good job doesn't mean others do, you need to understand that fingers aren't equal.
So govt should bring fees lower to accommodate all instead of upholding standard. Clap for yourself.
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by zurielsam(m): 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
That's how u guys play the victim card and confuse people. Go and work for your fee of you value what govt is contributing toward your education.
oga shut up... The fee is nt the issue the issue is that they should have inform us earlier not when we have resume and lecture have start. Be reasonable
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Olafav(m): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2018
This is too much
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by zurielsam(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2018
quote author=asuustrike1 post=72662712]
What would say for students in Unn, uniport, Uniben, Unizik ? Your school fees is damn cheap no excuse whatsoever[/quote]
bro you dont seem to understand....when the fee was at the so call 10k i pay 35k at the end of the day now that the fees is nw 23k i will be paying almost 45k some faculty will be paying over 60k... The 2nd issue is that they should have announce it earlier so that people will prepare i have a friend that already collected 35k to pay all the fees and now that he will be paying 45k if you are the parent how will you feel .. Me that already budget 35k for sch fees and gotten the neccesary things i need frm the menial job i did during the holiday how did you expect me to get the additional 10k? So its nt all abt the money its about the time it
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by zurielsam(m): 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
Rhaspody:

oga na only tuition fee be that oo other charges are still there thats is even more than the tuition
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by mechanics(m): 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
The increase is not even much, they should stop complaining.
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
zurielsam:
quote author=asuustrike1 post=72662712]
What would say for students in Unn, uniport, Uniben, Unizik ? Your school fees is damn cheap no excuse whatsoever
bro you dont seem to understand....when the fee was at the so call 10k i pay 35k at the end of the day now that the fees is nw 23k i will be paying almost 45k some faculty will be paying over 60k... The 2nd issue is that they should have announce it earlier so that people will prepare i have a friend that already collected 35k to pay all the fees and now that he will be paying 45k if you are the parent how will you feel .. Me that already budget 35k for sch fees and gotten the neccesary things i need frm the menial job i did during the holiday how did you expect me to get the additional 10k? So its nt all abt the money its about the time it
Your point is that you were taken unaware right?. If that is the case no problem
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Yankee101:

Aluta WILL win
Ask uniben students to brief you their predicament. ASUU uni Ilorin has been bought over same with their SUG
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by overboard(m): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
I'm not even gon' read comments or comment per se, I'm just thanking God as my sister just finished from there and is serving. More than 100% kwa?
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by CharlesJok3r: 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
Rhaspody:

This is false information by the op. And nobody is to pay 23k.
Some are to pay up to 75k to 85k total for the 2018/2019 session when other charges like the faculty charges, departmental charges, the useless compulsory internet bandwith fee are added.
And bear in mind that these same students will be spending 50k for the school hostel that is in a very pathetic state and 150k+ for those that want to rent private hostels in the school campus. And i didn't forget, hostel costs 100k+ off campus at okeodo - tanke area.
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by xianah(f): 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2018
Please how much is the school now for life sciènce (microbiology) my sister paid 30 last year...
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Johnnyessence(m): 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:

They are hard to obtain for now but special provision should be made for that. No bank will even give you loan for school fees.
Now you know what I'm talking about.
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Neozy(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
Bambambiglo:
Haba.. 23k for university tuition and people are still complaining?

That has got to be the cheapest tertiary institution in the country
ABU Zaria is the cheapest.
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by zurielsam(m): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2018
asuustrike1:

Your point is that you were taken unaware right?. If that is the case no problem
yea thats it they should have announced it immediately we went on break not nw that we've resume lectures have started already.
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
zurielsam:

yea thats it they should have announced it immediately we went on break not nw that we've resume lectures have started already.
I got your point. Am sure management are aware of this and am sure some members of the governing board doesn't approve this.
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by zurielsam(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
asuustrike1:

I got your point. Am sure management are aware of this and am sure some members of the governing board doesn't approve this.
yea there was a rumor that they want to increase it but the school authority came out to deny that the news does'nt emanate from them that was what make me relax
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2018
zurielsam:

yea there was a rumor that they want to increase it but the school authority came out to deny that the news does'nt emanate from them that was what make me relax
Na wa oh!
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by zurielsam(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
asuustrike1:

Na wa oh!
i will surely look for a way to complete the money only that i may not be able to attend lecture throughout the month bt i will surely get the 10k to balance the 25k i budgeted and keep b4
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by xcelentattitude(m): 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
DBestDoc:

It's cool, that's what we do for ourselves.

I also took up part-time jobs as a student, not holiday jobs, part-time jobs meaning i had to combine school work plus my job.

What we're looking at here is an increase from peanut to peanut, less than 28USD for a full year's tuition. This shows that the school authorities are actually very considerate and should be appreciated. They understand the state of affairs of the students and decided to review it accordingly.

What job was that sir, I'm considering a part-time job also when I gain direct entry admission but I don't have idea of any just yet.
Re: UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ by Bambambiglo: 9:44am On Nov 05, 2018
Neozy:

ABU Zaria is the cheapest.

Really?

How much is it then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria / Photos Of Kwara State University Library Set To Be Unveiled / Polytechnic Ibadan SU Involve In A Ghastly Accident{graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.