Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

My Manipulations - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Manipulations (5935 Views)

Awesome Photo Manipulations / AMAZING PHOTO MANIPULATIONS! THESE PICTURES WILL STUN YOU! / Photo Manipulations That Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 7:36am On Aug 31, 2010
having a bit of a mental bloc with respect to designing something. anyone wanna help out with ideas on what to photo-manipulate?
Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2010
Post Armageddon era is a good manipulation, or you can manipulate a ninja with a custom sword, or manipulate an ancient city carved in glass, they plenty
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 2:56am On Sep 11, 2010
a wonderful idea has just come to mind. be expecting sum'n new soon. wink
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 3:54am On Sep 23, 2010
for some oil and gas servicing company. the fourth one was the evolved result. the client had too many ideas in his head. in the end he got it across to me and i created it without flaw, his words

Re: My Manipulations by sylvelity: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2010
@flagship,
Nice Logo Design,
I really Love them, cool cool cool cool
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 5:31am On Sep 25, 2010
for some entertainment company. twasnt really in me to do the stylish thing, so i opted for corporate. what you think?

Re: My Manipulations by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 03, 2010
Am a new guy on the block how can i get started?
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 3:52am On Oct 10, 2010
from my most recent design

Re: My Manipulations by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 10, 2010
wow, if i say i aint impressed, i'll be a big liar, the fallen angel pix, very good. Cheers
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 5:47am On Oct 10, 2010
Nothing else to do but thank God for his little blessings. wink
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 7:18am On Oct 15, 2010
am furiously trying to rework that clear-cut logo angry
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 7:59am On Oct 16, 2010
almost done!
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 12:37am On Oct 17, 2010
saints and sinners,saved and damned
,i am very proud to show this work in progress(WIP). cudnt find a tutorial to work it by so i accomplished it with God and a lot of sweat despite the airy room. am so happy! this is a preamble to a piece that is coming soon!

i needed to learn this skill first. God! am so happy i made it this far. that leg is flawless even to me.yeah! what a rush! took me about an hour to do that tiny thing. GOd is good. you wud not biliv how much time i spent today praying for skill to do that which has no tutorial.

Re: My Manipulations by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 17, 2010
this is bullshit!! copy and paste
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 12:52am On Oct 18, 2010
am sorry, do you mean, the manipulation is less than perfect or that the design is so awesome it couldn't have been me?

as i said at the begiinnin, it is a work in progress and a preable to a better design. just needed to do this to learn a certain skill.
Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2010
its cool
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 7:17am On Oct 19, 2010
a variation of the first . damn, you gotta be dynamic to be an artist!

the technique of the first image did not quite work with this one. had to invent new things

i call this Work in Porgress. i guess i do not have to explain that to you guys.

Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 1:38am On Oct 21, 2010
the final version ;d

Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 2:26am On Oct 22, 2010
yeah, by the way. if you wanna reach me for commisions,especially logo designs, you can mail me at martinekwe(at)yahoo.com or better stilll call me on 0.8.0.6.7.5.2.2.5.5.3. am affordable, sort of. but then , you want something good right? nothign good comes cheap except green grass and fresh air.

thank you.
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 5:45am On Oct 28, 2010
Seriouly browsing the net, looking for inspiration! Am so Bored!
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 6:05am On Nov 13, 2010
comments on my work, anyone? undecided . sure need a boost!
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 7:12am On Nov 15, 2010
well?
Re: My Manipulations by OKX(m): 9:31am On Nov 15, 2010
nice work man.

D logos lack d kinda spark shown in d foto manipulation (personal opinion) but given clients tastes n restrictions, that cld b due 2 several factors.

The foto effect is pretty abstract,hence tuff 2 assess witout knowing wot u were gunning 4. As an effect its kool.
mayb u cld employ it in a scenario (eg. A shattering torso blasted by a bullet or something) that way, itd pack a greater punch n b more easily assessed/appreciated by all, not just advanced artists.
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2010
the name of the work is Work In Progress. it is meant too show a sort of abstract process of creation, hence the heart. the heart is there to let you know that the body is being assembled around it, not being destroyed.

the body is being created by a join of liquids splashing into position grin
Re: My Manipulations by OKX(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2010
aah. I see
the xplanation helps a lot- opens a window 2 ur mind during creation.

Nice.
A variation would be 2 place the heart central 2 d entire creation process and let the splash show d formation of other body parts from the heart. The concept may also b clearer that way.

Good job man!
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 12:59am On Nov 16, 2010
*takes a modest bow*, we thank God for his litttle blessings
Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 6:59am On Nov 16, 2010
I am also learning your technique and I must say that I am impressed by what you have done so far.more power to your elbow
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 2:23am On Nov 17, 2010
*takes a modest bow* again. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 3:21am On Nov 22, 2010
ha! i just landed an album art contract. i am eager to see wot the experience wud force out of my creativity!
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 3:24am On Nov 22, 2010
before my internet subscription runs out, i just thot i shud post this for your benefit :-)

The air was red. The atmosphere reminded me of a colour-correct thriller movie poster. There was a lot of activity and at the same time extreme inactivity. Folks moved about as though they had a burden on their shoulders. The news had welled up from our Spirit; it had not been communicated to us by an external force or read in a newspaper. It was Judgement day. The one written about in the bible. The rapture had already occurred, i think. I couldn’t be sure. No one is sure of anything anymore. The news was attended by an unusual slowness. We did not know what to do about it-yet.

She was talking to me about where she thought she might end up when the Heavenly Host arrived for the final selection. I was listening but I couldn’t understand what she was saying, maybe because I was thinking of how improbable this whole situation was. Judgement day was real. It had felt so distant the day before when we were all having the time of our lives. There was no immediate threat because we were at the high point of our existence-laughing, clubbing, gisting, drinking and partaking in all the forbidden pleasures.

Now I wish we could take it all back. We all knew inherently that praying would be useless because the Host would be busy preparing for their own arrival to care about the last minute desperate prayers of derelict mortals.

Then the awareness came. Without being told, I understood it.

God and the Host had arrived.

I stood up from my bed in what seemed like a hotel room. The woman had since left. I simply had to know my fate.

I walked out the door and discovered quietly that I was in the middle floor of a three storey building. It was happening at the top floor. I walked to the end of the veranda and climbed up the stairs, all the time wondering what I was going to meet at the top of the stairs. Wondering, like in a horror movie, if my fate would destroy me, though I was afraid i already knew the answer to that question.

In brief flashes, my life went before me. I was never very sinful, just truant in my worship to God. I thought again about the realism of the whole situation. Could this really be happening? I wished it was a dream. I wished I could go back and make all things right. I wish I could go back in time and submit myself wholly to His worship and adoration. I wanted to breakdown but my will was not my own. I realised that even the cripple would have had legs on this day to hasten his judgement.

I reached the top of the stairs.

There was a hall, outside of which stood well built boys about my age in white shirts. White shirts that had very thin horizontal red stripes. It reminded me of food company personnel. I saw a pastor from school among them. I looked into the hall which was teeming with seated people, very colourful in their dresses. Deep down I knew what they were doing there but I did not let that knowledge reach my consciousness. I looked toward the guy in white shirts nearest to me.

“Please sir , erm , what am I supposed to do here?”

Two more appeared beside him. Did I mention that they were holding a stack of cards? Cards which reminded me of the exit cards issued by my school for weekend travellers. Each of the cards in their hands had a .name written on it near the top.

“What is your name?” he asked with a slight smile, the professional kind. He was handsome. He looked perfect. I realised he was one heavenly angel among many here for this task of selecting the damned.

Something else, He spoke to me in Ibo.

‘Ekwe, Ekwe Martin’, I answered in a shaky yet hopeful voice.

The other two disappeared. Perhaps the alphabets in my name were not in their jurisdiction.

With blinding precision, he opened the stack of cards to the EK section. It was an EKWERE-something that appeared first. I didn’t know what it meant. I was hopeful. I realised I didn’t know if my name was supposed to be there or not. I waited for his verdict.

He looked up at me with a sad smile and said in Ibo,’ your name is not here’

He looked sideways into the huge room with the quiet multitude. It was a signal for me. A silent signal.

As he stacked his cards together, he made an attempt at a joke. I think it was a joke, because he chuckled slightly as he said it. But it wasn’t funny. Not in the least.

‘Get in there quickly, so we can bundle all your meat to that hot place’, he said in perfect Ibo. I knew he could have said perfectly in a thousand other languages I was so sure he knew.

For some reason, I wasn’t hysterical as I ought to have been. I accepted it calmly. My destination was Hell.
Well, in truth, we only rebel against what we believe to be a lie. My whole life was a testimony before my eyes, in this case a testimony glaringly against me and my desire to enter the pearly gates. There were no grounds for complaining after I had known my fate. I had hoped for the best-hope, I said. But since I didn’t get it, I didn’t really deserve it.

I walked into the hall. It was filled with all sorts of seated people, dressed in all manners, big, small. Male, female, young, old-all strata of humanity were present there. I walked to the back of the hall to take my seat. The hall seemed full, but I knew it could contain another billion souls if need be. As I sat down, I couldn’t help but envision an eternity in the lake of fire. I couldn’t really imagine burning forever. I thought about my family for the first time. I couldn’t remember seeing them in recent times, except my mother, the woman who had been talking to me in the room.
A whole new sensation of guilt and despair descended upon me, but a tear which would have provided an outlet wasn’t forthcoming. This was going to be a long eternity. An eternity without hope.

I opened my eyes, fear in the form of heavy heartbeats still resident in my chest. I stared at the dark ceiling in the low light of early dawn. It had been a dream! This morning had suddenly become the happiest morning since this year began. I almost didn’t believe it. It was the most realistic dream I had ever had. It made me think. This was the second judgement day dream in two years. It made me think some more.

And then, four hours later, I decided to relay it to you folks. Because all that detail and movie-like nature couldn’t have been for only my benefit. One or more of you has to relate to it. I realised that since it will stand as a witness in the future with me in the docket, it might do the same for you.
Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 6:40am On Nov 22, 2010
Nice piece, if you are born again I dont think that eternity is something to cause you nightmares, anyway it always puts stuff into perspective, thanks for sharing
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2010
A new awesome design is in d works from ur favorite photo-manipulator.stay tuned. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SOLID CONCEPTZ: Unique Logos,Advert banners and flyers,social media covers e.t.c / Graphics Design Practical Training In Lagos. 08033146625.May, 2021 / You Need To Really Look At Least Twice To Understand These Real Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.