Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Great Airports Of Africa - Pics - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Great Airports Of Africa - Pics (40225 Views)

I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / Best Airports Of 2022 - Skytrax Rating / Giant Of Africa (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by uuzba(m): 6:25am On Nov 04, 2018
The state of the airport tells you the state of the countrY. Watch out for the lights. Are there dead bulbs? Are all the escalators and lifts working?
Once you start seeing spoilt things at the airport, that tells you that country is probably a complete mess.

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by directonpc(m): 6:27am On Nov 04, 2018
contigiency:
Thank God for PMB as his efforts made Nigeria to be adequately represented here.
i was at Abuja international Airport recently. The use ceiling fan in some of the arrivals instead of a central unit air-conditioning.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by bewla(m): 6:28am On Nov 04, 2018
temmy6996:
Wow!!! What a beautiful architectural masterpiece to behold. Which way Nigeria.
On point with two
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by bewla(m): 6:30am On Nov 04, 2018
Ilamina:

See South Africa airport

South Africa is not in Africa
appreciate ur own port Harcourt and Abuja no bad

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 04, 2018
Dt Mauritius airport is beauuuuutiful. It even has a living wall.
Please u can't compare Nigerian airports to all these other airports. Correct shopping, cool air, beautiful restaurants, wifi, posh design, loads of sitting. They're like European airports.

Once u enter naija (abuja & lag), u start smelling urine from the toilets, broken amenities, wires dangling from Ceilings, cobwebs in corners. Everyone hustling for dead looking trolleys. Abuja airport is not even befitting as a local airport. And dt Lagos airport. Yuck!

2 Likes

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 04, 2018
bewla:
appreciate ur own port Harcourt and Abuja no bad
My brother have u travelled outside this country? They are bad.

2 Likes

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 04, 2018
emmasege:
Those who know know that the brain behind Nigeria's new (modern) airports was GEJ. His administration conceived, planned, and nearly completed the new airports before PMB's inept administration took over and slowed down the pace of the work.
even it was fully paid for den completed in GEJ time den buhari just commissioned it after 3years of completement by GEJ

use your brain bro....stop wasting it time over poor leadership of pdp let give kudos to who kudos is due for atheist once.....hating it not good

m not saying u should support buhari but give kudos at least

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Diamby: 6:58am On Nov 04, 2018
It's obvious we have to blame our past leaders for the failures to provide these amenities, an Airport is a Gateway to a country and it can give a fair idea of the kind of country you are going into. I visited Ghana in October and when I saw the Kotoka international Airport you would know Nigeria has one of the worst Airports even in Africa.Our leaders travel outside and they see how an Airport should look like but they never replicate such in Nigeria.All these issues boils down to corruption, Am sure the monies used in building those edifices in South Africa, Senegal, Ghana, Ivory coast will be sitting in one politicians account in Nigeria. When the portharcout Airports was commissioned I sought to know about the New terminals in Lagos and Abuja and Minister of Aviation said there are structural defects on how those terminals where built. It was said that the Lagos own where built on cables powering the Main terminal and there is no connection between the old and the new terminal in Abuja the issue is that the New terminal is blocking or will block the control tower of the hence some re-structuring that needs billions of Nair needs to be done on both Lagos and Abuja. Just look at the level of corruption and inefficiency even in citing a Terminal, this was said to be the idea of then Minister Stella Oduah. Nigerian indeed has a very long way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by supereagle(m): 6:58am On Nov 04, 2018
Ilamina:

See South Africa airport

Oyinbo people developed the place
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by supereagle(m): 7:02am On Nov 04, 2018
Diamby:
It's obvious we have to blame our past leaders for the failures to provide these amenities, an Airport is a Gateway to a country and it can give a fair idea of the kind of country you are going into. I visited Ghana in October and when I saw the Kotoka international Airport you would know Nigeria has one of the worst Airports even in Africa.Our leaders travel outside and they see how an Airport should look like but they never replicate such in Nigeria.All these issues boils down to corruption, Am sure the monies used in building those edifices in South Africa, Senegal, Ghana, Ivory coast will be sitting in one politicians account in Nigeria. When the portharcout Airports was commissioned I sought to know about the New terminals in Lagos and Abuja and Minister of Aviation said there are structural defects on how those terminals where built. It was said that the Lagos own where built on cables powering the Main terminal and there is no connection between the old and the new terminal in Abuja the issue is that the New terminal is blocking or will block the control tower of the hence some re-structuring that needs billions of Nair needs to be done on both Lagos and Abuja. Just look at the level of corruption and inefficiency even in citing a Terminal, this was said to be the idea of then Minister Stella Oduah. Nigerian indeed has a very long way to go.

We still want to give looters again.

2 Likes

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by contigiency(m): 7:02am On Nov 04, 2018
emmasege:
Those who know know that the brain behind Nigeria's new (modern) airports was GEJ. His administration conceived, planned, and nearly completed the new airports before PMB's inept administration took over and slowed down the pace of the work.

We know that GEJ's projects are always ideas at initiation stage, at the drawing board, being planned, almost completed and some he forgot to commission. All in six years. But When the issue of hardships, insecurity, corruption/looting and the recession that befell the country comes up, to you people, no Jonathan has nothing to do with it. It's all the problems of this administration. Lets becareful so that posterity will not judge us harshly.

6 Likes

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by blackmercyvelli(m): 7:21am On Nov 04, 2018
emmasege:
weed is bad ,how can you comparing looter to great president in nigeria hestory , blame looters don't praise them , BUHARI 2019 to 2023

2 Likes

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by chairman00100: 7:22am On Nov 04, 2018
Easy023:
So, muritala int airport is not on the list.

anybody who have seen real airports will agree that mma doesn't deserve to be here, the only airport in the whole world which doesn't have a seat where visitors and travellers can seat for a few minutes, NOTHING good ABOUT it
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Prokaryote: 7:22am On Nov 04, 2018
Others have Airport we have portAir

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by stonemasonn: 7:25am On Nov 04, 2018
Posterity So one cannot criticize the government abi, even if they’ve spent millions on commissioning Nigeria Air logo!
contigiency:

We know that GEJ's projects are always ideas at initiation stage, at the drawing board, being planned, almost completed and some he forgot to commission. All in six years. But When the issue of hardships, insecurity, corruption/looting and the recession that befell the country comes up, to you people, no Jonathan has nothing to do with it. It's all the problems of this administration. Lets becareful so that posterity will not judge us harshly.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by blackmercyvelli(m): 7:25am On Nov 04, 2018
mynairaland2018:
Dt Mauritius airport is beauuuuutiful. It even has a living wall.
Please u can't compare Nigerian airports to all these other airports. Correct shopping, cool air, beautiful restaurants, wifi, posh design, loads of sitting. They're like European airports.

Once u enter naija (abuja & lag), u start smelling urine from the toilets, broken amenities, wires dangling from Ceilings, cobwebs in corners. Everyone hustling for dead looking trolleys. Abuja airport is not even befitting as a local airport. And dt Lagos airport. Yuck!
BLAME Looter
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Rikidony(m): 7:26am On Nov 04, 2018
great airports there, Nigeria should up their game, we are being left behind, no doubt when the new terminals in Abuja and Lagos are commissioned things will change
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by chairman00100: 7:32am On Nov 04, 2018
blackmercyvelli:
weed is bad ,how can you comparing looter to great president in nigeria hestory , blame looters don't praise them , BUHARI 2019 to 2023

bros, you should disprove what he said a about Jonathan initiating and paying for the renovation of ph airport instead of resorting to insults, you are free to want buhari to rule you forever but, the truth will help those who know to even consider you
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 04, 2018
Hotfreezer:
Shuku Obuko Eponmalu International Airport, Biafra.

later you will say they are not being marginalised.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by gidjah(m): 7:38am On Nov 04, 2018
Remember been at that Oliver thambo Air port few years back, mehn....I tripped ,That airport is still about the best in Africa ,then Cairo Egypt follows. I give it up for South Africa Johannesburg. My best visited place in Africa till date

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by mekyno777(m): 7:38am On Nov 04, 2018
Rossikki:

You are misguided. The reason Nigeria fought for independence was because of the total neglect of the country by the colonial rulers. They ruled for nearly a century. Why didn't they work their magic in all that time? We were an undeveloped bush at independence without a single university, expressway, power station, or major industry. Meaning that if they had been in power till now, we would have been really, really backward. You must understand that Colonial Rule is not a system designed for your benefit, but for the economic benefit of the coloniser, who exports your resources and keeps the profits.. So it is foolhardy - dumb in fact - to ask them to ''remain''.
I see! U are right. Millitary intervention/coup and practising Unitary Govt instead of True Federalism was our worst undoing.
Our founding father were wise and sincere.
Restructuring/True Federalism is the only way out.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 04, 2018
How the world has changed in less than a century. Wondering what the next 20 years will look like. Again, it's not about PMB, Atiku or GEJ. It is about all of us. These people we call leaders travel out of the country almost every month and they see clearly what's happening in other countries. Nations are moving forward, many African countries are not left behind either. The question now is what is wrong with us? Why can't we be progressive. The only thing needed from all of us is just to say yes to the right things and No to the wrong and in a short time, we are there
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2018
gidjah:
Remember been at that Oliver thambo Air port few years back, mehn....I tripped ,That airport is still about the best in Africa ,then Cairo Egypt follows. I give it up for South Africa Johannesburg. My best visited place in Africa till date
Capetown Airport is better than OrTambo. Ortambo and Kigali Airport rate about same. I think Mohammed in casablanca should come after Capetown.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 04, 2018
mekyno777:

I see! U are right. Millitary intervention/coup and practising Unitary Govt instead of True Federalism was our worst undoing.
Our founding father were wise and sincere.
Restructuring/True Federalism is the only way out.
it is not about military. Military left us close to 20 years now, what has changed other than people getting more lawless and increase in crimes. Rwanda experienced genocide 24 years but go see what has happened in that country. People say we got times 20 of their population but we are supposed to be prosperous with more population.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by uba1991: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2018
the useless pdp was there for 16yrs yet there is nothing to show. the coming of pmb in just 3yrs abuja and port hercourt airports started representing. the reason why ipob are clamouring for atiku is because they dont want to see anything good coming to nigeria. I WILL NEVER ALLOW PDP TO COME BACK AND LOOT DIS COUNTRY AGAIN. what about you?

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by blackmercyvelli(m): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2018
chairman00100:

bros, you should disprove what he said a about Jonathan initiating and paying for the renovation of ph airport instead of resorting to insults, you are free to want buhari to rule you forever but, the truth will help those who know to even consider you
OK SIR I STAND WITH WINNING SIDE
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by jaywhoco(m): 8:13am On Nov 04, 2018
Ilamina:

See South Africa airport

south Africa is an extension if Europe and America.

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by afube: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2018
[quote author=Hotfreezer post=72665042]Shuku Obuko Eponmalu International Airport, Biafra.

You people just make me sick! I cannot wait to see the backs of you lot
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by emmie14: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2018
I have used about 8 out of the airports motioned hear. O.R. Tambo is the best I'm Africa. All affiliates are superb.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Horus(m): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgkcrjukqu0

Ghana's New Airport Terminal Beats Nigerian Airports

Ghana unveils new terminal at Kotoka International Airport, with modern amenities.

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by izombie(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2018
Give it to south africa. That OR tambo is world class. I have been to the kenyan and rwandan airports but anytime i step into the joburg airport it just feels like european.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 04, 2018
contigiency:
Thank God for PMB as his efforts made Nigeria to be adequately represented here.
On this one I will thank PMB.
But NIGERIA is still cursed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Female Barrister Killed In The Kogi Fatal Accident. Photos / Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria / Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.