Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? (628 Views)

He Got Me Pregnant And Left Me To Suffer / A Call To Change "My Children Will Not Suffer What I Suffered" Syndrome / Between Male And Female Children, Who Yield Easily To Peer Pressure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by Viciyke(m): 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2010
I remember my dad and lots of my friends dad saying this to us. That we should suffer so dat wen we grow up we will be sensible. That they track 10 miles 2 school during their days (since their was no cars or public transport was vry expensive), that they use slate (chalkboard) 2 write instead of books as we av 2day. That they eat once in a day and so on n so forth.

Am wondering how many people wud let their children go tru hardship because u suffered same. Such parents i bliv ar insensitive to the current state of tins.

For me, my kids will get d best of evrytin as long as i can afford it.
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by sophy09: 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2010
I will rather suffer and go through hardship than for any of my children should go through such.
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by iice(f): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2010
Myself.
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by luap: 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2010
I like to raise my children better, because we moved up on the economic ladder. Why suffer? No need to. Just prepare the children to become independent.
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by NaijaSisi(f): 8:25pm On Jul 21, 2010
that is a very ignorant way of looking at it, of course as a loving parent you should want the best for your kids. Most parents (including my own) wouldnt want their kids to go tru the things (the bad things) they went tru when they were younger, they want a better life for their children. I find it amazing and shocking that any parent can think like that.
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by Sissy3(f): 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
Myself.
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by MissyB1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2010
Every sane mother would prefer to suffer. No?
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by Sissy3(f): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2010
you will be surprise not all.
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by Tinksh(f): 2:42am On Jul 22, 2010
Myself!!! I am suffering so my son can have a better education than i did but thats my job as a parent. There is no question, thats the way it should be. I dont give him everything cos i dont want to teach him that 'things' make you happy cos they dont. I teach him to be grateful for the small blessing. He does chores to earn money to save for what he wants. There is no question i want him to have a better life than me and not struggle as much but at the same time dont want to raise a spoilt man.
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by chiogo(f): 2:45am On Jul 22, 2010
Myself, because I brought them into the world.
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by ellagold(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2010
The path of the just is as a shining light that shines brighter and brighter , a father is expected to use all the resources at his disposal to make life better for is children.

So my children are expected to do better than me in all ways .
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by Ilelobola: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2010
Neither but I work, hope and pray that my children have a lot better life than I have in every area.
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by Basildon1(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2010
I think you misunderstood your folks, they meant that you probably have it good now and if you think there are some areas that you are suffering,you should try and endure

No right thinking parent wants their kids to suffer more, but in a child's mind,he(she) thinks he is suffering the most, when my dad refused to buy Super Nintendo for a whole year after it came out on the premise that I had to improve my grades. I think i hated him with a passion but then it helped (IMHO,jor o)
Re: Yourself Or Your Children, Who Would You Want To Suffer More? by Amigoz(f): 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2010
Basildon1:

I think you misunderstood your folks, they meant that you probably have it good now and if you think there are some areas that you are suffering,you should try and endure

No right thinking parent wants their kids to suffer more, but in a child's mind,he(she) thinks he is suffering the most, when my dad refused to buy Super Nintendo for a whole year after it came out on the premise that I had to improve my grades. I think i hated him with a passion but then it helped (IMHO,jor o)

Oh i so remember the bolded part, usually its our xmas clothes, once ur position is above 10 and the difference in strokes to go with it wink Made me appreciate education.

@ Post, I agree with Basildon re the poster's misunderstanding, I dont think any parent in their right mind will want their children to suffer the same way they did. As they say no pain no gain . . .a little bit of no priviledges does not hurt anyone in the long run cool

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Be A Man / Latest Website On Family Issues / The Crushed Orange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.