Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. (393 Views)

The Final Generation Bible - What You Need To Know About The End Of The World / Nigerian Feminists Slam Bishop Oyedepo Over Comments On Marriage / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. by TruthHurts100: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2018
Good morning all,

I had a conversation with some women on IG complaining about cooking. They say they work and their husbands work as well. Hence, it's not mandatory that they, the wives must be the ones to cook.

I said this to them:

Lol.... Sis. It's your primary responsibility to take care of the house which includes cooking. Your husband's primary responsibility is to provide what you will use in taking care of you, the children and the house. But the economy is so bad that what the man provides might not be enough for you to take care of the house. So I commend women like you who start a business with the sole purpose of supporting their husbands. I repeat, with the sole aim of supporting your husband. But if what he provides is enough to cater to you, the children and the house and you still want to get a job or start a business, it's fine, it's good but please don't complain that you don't have enough time to do your job. Don't complain like if you aren't working the family will suffer. In this case if the man decides to help you in the house, it's noble. If he's not, please don't make a case out of it. I love to cook. So I will cook to my wife and kids even if she has enough time and not stressed or tired. For peace sake, let us know our parts and accept our responsibilities in running our homes.

Then they said I should tell them where it was written in the Bible that women are to cook and take care of the house.

To their shock, I showed them. It's in Proverbs 31:10-31

That scripture talks about the characteristics of a capable woman or wife. Verse 15 shut those women up. That place says she wakes up when it was still dark to give food/meat/bread to her household and even to her servants.

A good and sweet home is a place where the members knows, accept and carry out their responsibilities.

Thank you.
Re: Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. by ArcFresky(m): 8:55am On Nov 04, 2018
Actually feminism started with the advent of modernism.
Women now have greater responsibilities as oppossed to what obtained previously, yet the bible says a man and a woman shall become 1.
Hence, to sppt one another. If the man is weak the woman should help and vice versa.

Nothing should stop a man from helping a woman in the kitchen. This will reduce friction et al.
Re: Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. by xendra: 9:01am On Nov 04, 2018
I didn't even bother to read, Hippocrates.
Yet you missed the part where the man is supposed to be the sole provider and then the woman helps him with these other things. But if you men want to bend the rule so that women provide too then you must be willing to share chores.
Re: Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. by Uyi168: 9:51am On Nov 04, 2018
You can't be religious and still be a feminist...
Re: Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. by TruthHurts100: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2018
xendra:
I didn't even bother to read, Hippocrates.
Yet you missed the part where the man is supposed to be the sole provider and then the woman helps him with these other things. But if you men want to bend the rule so that women provide too then you must be willing to share chores.

It's obvious you have a problem with reading.
Re: Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. by TruthHurts100: 10:29am On Nov 04, 2018
Many women today are working not solely because they want to support their husbands but because "they want to have their own money and do what want independently" They see no pride in being a house wife or being a wife at all.
Re: Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. by deebrain(m): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
We have abused the term of feminism. Its a celebration of the abilities of the woman who like the scripture states, will do all those responsibilities and stand her own in respect and dignity.

Our feminism today is more or less, looking at the woman as a victim that should be compensated by the opposite sex. It is turning most women to frustrated and lazy monsters!
Re: Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Feb 13
TruthHurts100:
To their shock, I showed them. It's in Proverbs 31:10-31 That scripture talks about the characteristics of a capable woman or wife. Verse 15 shut those women up. That place says she wakes up when it was still dark to give food/meat/bread to her household and even to her servants. A good and sweet home is a place where the members knows, accept and carry out their responsibilities. Thank you.
The fraud that is religion never ends indeed. The same Proverbs 31 speaks of the virtuous woman having several servants at her beck and call and being married to a husband who pays for it all. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven 6 December 2018 Prayer Points On Today – As In A Mirror / The Akwa Ibom Christmas Carols Festival Returns At The Uyo Township Stadium On D / How To Invest Your First Fruits By Charles Awuzie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.