Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Use coolant.... Not water - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Use coolant.... Not water (8008 Views)

Is It An Issue For Car Coolant Not To Decrease Or Reduce? (pic) / 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
TheCar:

If I dare it, my mentions would sky-rocketed and my precious online sanity on Nairaland would be greatly disturbed that is why I created just a thread in Diary Section to share my (radical) thoughts where no mentions or replies are allowed.

Anyway, thanks for reading it.

Totally get it
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2018
radautoworks:

Carquest red filter N1,486 wink http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=RFI&partNumber=R84145 in stock

Do you have Fram or anyone similar to it?
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2018
sacramento1212:

Do you have Fram or anyone similar to it ?

Yes. Carquest.

All the filters below are available for your car with 6-10 day delivery.

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
sacramento1212:

Your padi man dru23 grin advised i contact you for filter, which will you recommend for the 2006 Corolla?

Haha ...so person no fit recommend for person in peace again.. I don't have ,and I don't have ....haha ...

well if you ask me o. I would have recommended fram high milage filters or ultra synthetic filters ... this is what I use with my Mobil extended performance oil .I use them personally and also on my uber cars .....some people will tell you that fram oil filter are bad etc ... .. I shop smart, before I buy any product at all , I will read the review throughly ... I mainly focus on the negative reviews ...you can check fram oil filters review on Google, Amazon, walmart etc ...Google is your friend.. Also fram high end filters are guaranteed for at least 10k to 15k miles ...that is extra protection for your engine... please Google it ...
Now don't get it twisted.. I am not saying what she recommended is bad o ... I just buy things Base on reviews.. And so far it has worked well for me ... again google is your friend... if 400 people are giving a product 4.5 stars over 5stars.
Are you now telling me the review is fraud... we can agree to disagree...
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
radautoworks:

Yes. Carquest.

All the filters below are available for your car with 6-10 day delivery.

Since Fram isn't available, how about the K&N premium? What's the cost?
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
dru23:

Haha ...so person no fit recommend for person in peace again.. I don't have ,and I don't have ....haha ...

well if you ask me o. I would have recommended fram high milage filters or ultra synthetic filters ... this is what I use with my Mobil extended performance oil .I use them personally and also on my uber cars .....some people will tell you that fram oil filter are bad etc ... .. I shop smart, before I buy any product at all , I will read the review throughly ... I mainly focus on the negative reviews ...you can check fram oil filters review on Google, Amazon, walmart etc ...Google is your friend.. Also fram high end filters are guaranteed for at least 10k to 15k miles ...that is extra protection for your engine... please Google it ...
Now don't get it twisted.. I am not saying what she recommended is bad o ... I just buy things Base on reviews.. And so far it has worked well for me ... again google is your friend... if 400 people are giving a product 4.5 stars over 5stars.
Are you now telling me the review is fraud... we can agree to disagree...

I quite agree with you because using the extended performance oil for a regular filter will be a waste and not getting value for money. I also read reviews as well and that guides me in my decision making. But like you said, not that the oil filter recommended isn't good but it won't be good to use with that extended performance oil by Mobil.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
sacramento1212:

I quite agree with you because using the extended performance oil for a regular filter will be a waste and not getting value for money. I also read reviews as well and that guides me in my decision making. But like you said, not that the oil filter recommended isn't good but it won't be good to use with that extended performance oil by Mobil.

Agreed. If you want extended performance filters, we have those in stock. These are 10,000 miles under taxi cab testing.

N3,285 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CFI&partNumber=84064 in stock

And K&N premium N11,381 6-10 day delivery
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by searchng4love: 11:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
I need fleece filters for 2001 mercedes e320

radautoworks:

Agreed. If you want extended performance filters, we have those in stock. These are 10,000 miles under taxi cab testing.

N3,285 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CFI&partNumber=84064 in stock

And K&N premium N11,381 6-10 day delivery
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 12:09am On Nov 13, 2018
searchng4love:
I need fleece filters for 2001 mercedes e320

N7,523 6-10 day delivery. http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=MAN&partNumber=HU718/5X
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by Forester45(m): 4:11am On Nov 13, 2018
I was told most coolants can affect the radiator and subsequently cause leakages.... How true is this?
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 6:11am On Nov 13, 2018
Forester45:
I was told most coolants can affect the radiator and subsequently cause leakages.... How true is this?

That is a big lie ...the main purpose of a coolant is explain better below.. Please take your time to read the link below....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.doityourself.com/stry/coolant-what-it-does-and-why-its-important&ved=2ahUKEwiDpdTgzdDeAhXIuVkKHfQCACMQFjAKegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2y2VygEugNM_lbqDZXpbzX
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 6:30am On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

That is a big lie ...the main purpose of a coolant is explain better below.. Please take your time to read the link below....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.doityourself.com/stry/coolant-what-it-does-and-why-its-important&ved=2ahUKEwiDpdTgzdDeAhXIuVkKHfQCACMQFjAKegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2y2VygEugNM_lbqDZXpbzX

Only if it's fake coolant then radiator may be damaged. Not all coolants in the market are actually coolants but rather problem.

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 6:32am On Nov 13, 2018
sacramento1212:

Only if it's fake coolant then radiator may be damaged
. Not all coolants in the market are actually coolants but rather problem.

Omo I wanted to say the exact same thing. But too lazy to explain, I figure if I just Google it and link it to him ..
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by valarinz: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2018
Okoyeebo:

You may be using your vehicle like a wandering vagabond but that doesn't mean we all share your misfortune.

It's utmost folly to hope to change coolants every year when you're not a Lagos Danfo driver. Or, maybe Danfo drivers are your intended clients.

Make logical arguments to support your sale, not ignorant guesses and conjectures.

This is too much na!!!

Have you no fear of God?

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 10:11am On Nov 13, 2018
radautoworks:

1 gallon concentrate = 2 gallons pre-mix.

Ready to use is just a 50/50 solution

Omo ....personally it is better to buy the premix joor ...are you a mixture? That will now be looking for distill water up and down.. Premix makes life easy for... and in your mixing water content is very important... you can't use pure water or nestle water..
Even the so called best table water in naija... they give out one funny taste. Nxt trip I go import my own water... spring water
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2018
valarinz:

This is too much na!!!

Have you no fear of God?

Please help me finish this sentence.... An hungry man is a ...........
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

Omo ....personally it is better to buy the premix joor ...are you a mixture? That will now be looking for distill water up and down.. Premix makes life easy for... and in your mixing water content is very important... you can't use pure water or nestle water..
Even the so called best table water in naija... they give out one funny taste. Nxt trip I go import my own water... spring water

When you see something that can save you cost, it's better one goes for it. Distilled water isn't an issue if the concentrate is available. If i was going for just 1 gallon, i will go for premix but not when it's almost 2 gallons needed except the concentrate isn't available then i will have no choice than to proceed.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 10:28am On Nov 13, 2018
sacramento1212:

When you see something that can save you cost, it's better one goes for it. Distilled water isn't an issue if the concentrate is available. If i was going for just 1 gallon, i will go for premix but not when it's almost 2 gallons needed except the concentrate isn't available then i will have no choice than to proceed.

Well me personally, I like the easy way out possible.... Once you have fresh coolant, it will last you at least a year or so ..so it is better not mind the cost of it ...coolant is almost like a one time thing
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 10:33am On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

Well me personally, I like the easy way out possible.... Once you have fresh coolant, it will last you at least a year or so ..so it is better not mind the cost of it ...coolant is almost like a one time thing

It's still the same thing when you have the distilled water and concentrate in place. Mixing isn't rocket science. After the mixture, it also turns to the premix and fresh coolant as indicated by you.

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2018
sacramento1212:

It's still the same thing when you have the distilled water and concentrate in place. Mixing isn't rocket science. After the mixture, it also turns to the premix and fresh coolant as indicated by you.

Well should be fine I guess once u can get distilled water in Lagos..
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 10:49am On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

Well should be fine I guess once u can get distilled water in Lagos..

I have so many channels of distilled water in my apartment which i guess you also have and may not know this. I only will ensure that there are no impurities when collecting the water after which i do the 50:50 mixture and finally my premix coolant will come out well. grin
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2018
sacramento1212:

I have so many channels of distilled water in my apartment which i guess you also have and may not know this. I only will ensure that there are no impurities when collecting the water after which i do the 50:50 mixture and finally my premix coolant will come out well. grin

Distilled water and filter or pure water ...are totally different things... I don't think you can equate filter water as distilled water ...Distilled water goes through a semi complicated process
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

Distilled water and filter or pure water ...are totally different things... I don't think you can equate filter water as distilled water ...Distilled water goes through a semi complicated process

So what will you class the water from your airconditioner?
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 11:02am On Nov 13, 2018
sacramento1212:

So what will you class the water from your airconditioner?

Ha .. Well I guess u got it figure out ...
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 11:17am On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

Ha .. Well I guess u got it figure out ...

grin grin grin
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
Forester45:
If you use the wrong one or mix two that aren't supposed to be used together, yes.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
sacramento1212:

I have so [b]many channels of distilled water in my apartment which i guess you also have and may not [/b]know this. I only will ensure that there are no impurities when collecting the water after which i do the 50:50 mixture and finally my premix coolant will come out well. grin

ROFL! When you know, you know. Lack of knowledge is sad.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

Please stop talking. Your ignorance is exposing itself in the process of you trying to make a sale.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
radautoworks:

Please stop talking. Your ignorance is exposing itself in the process of you trying to make a sale.

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
radautoworks:

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2018
radautoworks:

ROFL! When you know, you know. Lack of knowledge is sad.

Bottom line, better to buy the premix.... Nobody has the time to be mixing up and down... this is what I will do ... I have a hard time drinking Nigerian bottle water, or table water has they call it ... even if they sell distilled water in Nigeria, I would not use for any mix of coolant... if the young man wants to be a science student and make is own distilled water... he should go ahead and do it ...me personally I won't do it ...even in Yankee here ,I wouldn't make my own distilled water ... I will go to the store and buy ....

For me better safe than sorry....
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
radautoworks:

If you use the wrong one or mix two that aren't supposed to be used together, yes.

To mix coolant or not to mix coolant ...To be on the safe side ,I will empty out or flush out old coolant.. Regardless if the old coolant matches with the fresh one .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Under Inflated Tyres Are Highly Dangerous - Bridgestone GMM / Technology Boom: Germany Launch Transparent Car / 6 Major Causes Of Road Accidents In Nigeria And Tips To Prevent Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.