Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Use coolant.... Not water - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Use coolant.... Not water (8010 Views)

Is It An Issue For Car Coolant Not To Decrease Or Reduce? (pic) / 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

Bottom line, better to buy the premix.... Nobody has the time to be mixing up and down... this is what I will do ... I have a hard time drinking Nigerian bottle water, or table water has they call it ... even if they sell distilled water in Nigeria, I would not use for any mix of coolant... if the young man wants to be a science student and make is own distilled water... he should go ahead and do it ...me personally I won't do it ...even in Yankee here ,I wouldn't make my own distilled water ... I will go to the store and buy ....

For me better safe than sorry....

You know what to do Sacramento1212 wink
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
radautoworks:

You know what to do Sacramento1212 wink

Hey , he is grown man let him decide... this is not a do or die affair
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

What's the matter? Is it annoying that your thread is being derailed by others selling stuff?

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

To mix coolant or not to mix coolant ...To be on the safe side ,I will empty out or flush out old coolant.. Regardless if the old coolant matches with the fresh one .

WOW. you got something right Dru!! Demeanors please give Dru a round of applause for this momentous occasion!!! cool shocked
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
radautoworks:

What's the matter? Is it annoying that your thread is being derailed by others selling stuff?

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

Well, i previously stated that it will be cost effective for me to procure the concentrate from radautoworks and mix with distilled water since i know the procedure to get this. Mixing isn't rocket science and i wouldn't have considered this method if the concentrate isn't available. So it isn't a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2018
radautoworks:

Baby girl ...we have different market and audience.. My job here is for people to be smart with their money.. Certain things that you sell are expensive, at the same time certain things I sell are cheaper than yours.. If I don't have an item ,I point them to your direction.. The smarts one will shop smart, for example my car was brought to your workshop.. Carquest mechanic drove the car, scan it ..and printed out a bill of 175k
I look at the stuff, I said you know what I can buy most of these items on eBay spark plugs ,shocks, linkage, etc my total cost $300.00 ..which am about to ship soon ...my point is to help people save money.. So it is win win situation for everybody. But what you don't understand by you derailing my thread you are bringing more traffic to my thread.. So far my coolant thread has over 900 views .... Partly thanks to you
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
radautoworks:

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2018
sacramento1212:

Well, i previously stated that it will be cost effective for me to procure the concentrate from radautoworks and mix with distilled water since i know the procedure to get this. Mixing isn't rocket science and i wouldn't have considered this method if the concentrate isn't available. So it isn't a big deal.

Sure bro... .. At least you have options. ..if check my price and if it makes sense you buy ..and if not you go else were ..customers loyalty is Base on affordability and price ....
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

Sure bro... .. At least you have options. ..if check my price and if it makes sense you buy ..and if not you go else were ..customers loyalty is Base on affordability and price ....

But will contact you for the 5w30 extended performance oil.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
sacramento1212:

But will contact you for the 5w30 extended performance oil.

No shaking oil full ground.....
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:

No shaking oil full ground.....

Why did you stop selling Fram? I saw it in one of your previous post?
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2018
sacramento1212:

Why did you stop selling Fram? I saw it in one of your previous post?

I did not stop selling fram ..I tried it out first on my uber cars, especially my elantra.. Just for a test run.. I liked it and didn't have any issues.. So than I brought in a few for my uber partners that drive corolla... I sold out and it seems people like it .. I gave an opportunity for people to complain about the product.. Nobody complained at all .... So my nxt shipment I will bring more fram oil filters mainly for corolla, matrix, vibe etc..
The profit margin on oil filters is not that much at all ..but there is no point selling good oil without good oil filter... so this is were carquest comes in ...if they can't get from me there is another option which is carquest.. So it's a win win situation.. Customers are happy, am happy... this is what customer service is all about..
But oga carquest think say she derail my thread.. But thanks she has contributed to my over 1k views on the coolant thread. .. And thanks to your comment, am working on having a number on the forum for anyone that wants to buy oil.

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:14am On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

WOW. you got something right Dru!! Demeanors please give Dru a round of applause for this momentous occasion!!! cool shocked

He has improved tremendously, I think he deserves 1 accolade!

and then people were angry with me when I was flogging him like malu, now u see the outcome....

spare the rod and.......
well I deserve some accolades too.... my efforts have yielded results too.

BTW who owns this thread, OP or u? I can't tell again oh..... u wan take over?
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 9:31am On Nov 14, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

He has improved tremendously, I think he deserves 1 accolade!

and then people were angry with me when I was flogging him like malu, now u see the outcome....

spare the rod and.......
well I deserve some accolades too.... my efforts have yielded results too.

BTW who owns this thread, OP or u? I can't tell again oh..... u wan take over?

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by eagleeye2: 10:33am On Nov 14, 2018
dru23:

The car avalon 2000 is at the mechanic now, going through change of top gasket, what coolant will you recommend?
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2018
eagleeye2:

The car avalon 2000 is at the mechanic now, going through change of top gasket, what coolant will you recommend?

I will recommend prestone coolant ....it is already premix and it is good for all Asian / American / European cars ......if you can get a genuine seller, that will be great

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2018
dru23:

Baby girl ...we have different market and audience.. My job here is for people to be smart with their money.. Certain things that you sell are expensive, at the same time certain things I sell are cheaper than yours.. If I don't have an item ,I point them to your direction.. The smarts one will shop smart, for example my car was brought to your workshop.. Carquest mechanic drove the car, scan it ..and printed out a bill of 175k
I look at the stuff, I said you know what I can buy most of these items on eBay spark plugs ,shocks, linkage, etc my total cost $300.00 ..which am about to ship soon
...my point is to help people save money.. So it is win win situation for everybody. But what you don't understand by you derailing my thread you are bringing more traffic to my thread.. So far my coolant thread has over 900 views .... Partly thanks to you

Come to think of it, why are you on Car talk offering car advice when you obviously don't take care of your vehicle??

Am I missing something Gazzuzz, thebigkendo, TheCar, EgunMogaji obekediamondfuto. Do any of your cars ever need so much at once?
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 4:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
eagleeye2:

He recommends prestone because that's all he has to sell. Just like he recommends Mobil extended oil and Fram filters for all cars because that's what he has to sell.

While prestone can be used, Asian cars are different and the coolant best suited to them is Zerex http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ANT&partNumber=675130

I've also included all your other fluids recommendations for your car below.

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

You mean like this? All coolants in stock.

https://www.nairaland.com/4534157/useful-car-information-mr-transmission#72581247

Another thing I'll be picking up when I come in. Are you open Saturdays? Please say yes.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2018
Okoyeebo:

You may be using your vehicle like a wandering vagabond but that doesn't mean we all share your misfortune.

It's utmost folly to hope to change coolants every year when you're not a Lagos Danfo driver. Or, maybe Danfo drivers are your intended clients.

Make logical arguments to support your sale, not ignorant guesses and conjectures.

One of the inbuilt advantages that RadAuto has is that they not only sell part but they also run a repair shop. So you can rest assured that they sell parts based on lessons learnt from the shop.

And most importantly of all, they represent one of Americas premier auto sales outlet. There are significant requirements here they would have met to win a franchise.

But most of this if not all will be lost on average Nigerians who are used to buying from Okonkwo at Alaba. But some of us, like you, get it.

PS: I'm using Madam as a test case. Her being here is the best thing that has happened to me business wise since I started planning my retirement to Nigeria. I think I'll just enjoy my retirement, travel all over the world checking things off my bucket list than to open an auto shop in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
sacramento1212:

Do you have Fram or anyone similar to it?

Please don't use Fram or Castrol.

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2018
sacramento1212:

Since Fram isn't available, how about the K&N premium? What's the cost?

Now you're talking. K&N is the way to go.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

Come to think of it, why are you on Car talk offering car advice when you obviously don't take care of your vehicle??

Am I missing something Gazzuzz, thebigkendo, TheCar, EgunMogaji obekediamondfuto. Do any of your cars ever need so much at once?

Most Nigerians don't take care of thier vehicles, they only wait till it doesn't move anymore.

I sent my driver to change oil and he looked at it and said "Oga, it doesn't need to be changed, it's not too black yet" shocked

Preventative maintenance is not in their dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Another thing I'll be picking up when I come in. Are you open Saturdays? Please say yes.

YES!

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Most Nigerians don't take care of thier vehicles, they only wait till it doesn't move anymore.

I sent my driver to change oil and he looked at it and said "Oga, it doesn't need to be changed, it's not too black yet" shocked

Preventative maintenance is not in their dictionary.

Most Nigerians I would expect that from but not one advising other people

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

EgunMogaji:

Now you're talking. K&N is the way to go.

Wow! Fram isn't good? The K&N is very expensive boss but i guess it's a good filter though
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 5:58pm On Nov 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

THANK YOU. when I say it, it comes across like I'm hating.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

We can agree to disagree.....
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

THANK YOU. when I say it, it comes across like I'm hating.

What I encourage people to do is ...please before buying a product read the review.. Period... I buy products based on reviews....

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2018
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

One of the inbuilt advantages that RadAuto has is that they not only sell part but they also run a repair shop. SO you can rest assured that they sell parts based on lessons learned form the shop.

And most importantly of all, they represent one of Americas premier auto sales outlet. There are significant requirements here they would have won a franchise.

But most of this if not all will be lost on average Nigerians who are used to buying from Okonkwo at Alaba. But some of us, like you, get it.

PS: I'm using Madam as a test case. Her being her sis the best thing that has happened to me business wise since I started planning my retirement to Nigeria. I think I'll just enjoy my retirement, travel all over the world checking things off my bucket list than to open an auto shop in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Under Inflated Tyres Are Highly Dangerous - Bridgestone GMM / Technology Boom: Germany Launch Transparent Car / 6 Major Causes Of Road Accidents In Nigeria And Tips To Prevent Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.