Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Use coolant.... Not water - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Use coolant.... Not water (8009 Views)

Is It An Issue For Car Coolant Not To Decrease Or Reduce? (pic) / 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2018
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
sacramento1212:

Thank you

No problem.. Just take your time bro.... These guys think I can be bullied ...we can all agree to disagree .. ..Carquest oil she is shouting up and down.. Can you find it on Amazon? Can you actually find the reviews on it ?
She comes to the thread shouting up and down.. I was minding my business quietly... I even gave her props, I have nothing against her at all... if there service is good ,why not I will use them ...but she dey act like tiger up and down ..people dey fear the woman.....
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2018
dru23:

No problem.. Just take your time bro.... These guys think I can be bullied ...we can all agree to disagree .. ..Carquest oil she is shouting up and down.. Can you find it on Amazon? Can you actually find the reviews on it ?
She comes to the thread shouting up and down.. I was minding my business quietly... I even gave her props, I have nothing against her at all... if there service is good ,why not I will use them ...but she dey act like tiger up and down ..people dey fear the woman.....

If like say the woman never marry, una for kuku marry una sef grin una dey padi una sef well well grin

3 Likes

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

Most Nigerians I would expect that from but not one advising other people

But this is Nigeria for you.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Most Nigerians don't take care of thier vehicles, they only wait till it doesn't move anymore.

I[b] sent my driver to change oil and he looked at it and said "Oga, it doesn't need to be changed, it's not too black yet[/b]" shocked[/b]

Preventative maintenance is not in their dictionary.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://blog.amsoil.com/why-does-motor-oil-turn-black/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjF4cr7w9TeAhXRq1kKHdsmCE8QFjACegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw0fgohHIU8Pofo1Yp-6kBj2&ampcf=1
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2018
sacramento1212:

If like say the woman never marry, una for kuku marry una sef grin una dey padi una sef well well grin

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2018
sacramento1212:

When I say he's stalking me he will say I'm lying. grin he can dish it but he can't take it lol

There is a reason why Carquest is the second biggest seller in the US. We don't need Amazon. Carquest oil is made by Amalie. Google them wink

Anyways, you're obviously capable of independent thought. I'm not worried about where you get your oil and filter, just that you get the right ones for your car and dru23 gets a taste of his own medicine cool

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 8:01pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

When I say he's stalking me he will say I'm lying. grin

There is a reason why Carquest is the second biggest seller in the US. We don't need Amazon lol.

cheesy cheesy grin unfortunately no show for him because oga kpatakpata don already collect you if not, una for partner well in business and turn to international group of companies grin

2 Likes

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
sacramento1212:

Thank you

Yes, thank you. The Carquest extended filter I offered is number 5 on HIS link above Fram at number six

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=MAN&partNumber=HU718/5X
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
sacramento1212:

cheesy cheesy grin unfortunately no show for him because oga kpatakpata don already collect you if not, una for partner well in business and turn to international group of companies grin

Already done. I chose well cheesy

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

Yes, thank you. The Carquest extended filter I offered is number 5 on HIS link above Fram at number six

This one? http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CFI&partNumber=84064
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2018
sacramento1212:

This one? http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CFI&partNumber=84064

That one is best value for money but this one http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=MAN&partNumber=HU718/5X is the number 5

My family uses the Carquest filters and none of our cars have ever had engine trouble

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

When I say he's stalking me he will say I'm lying. grin he can dish it but he can't take it lol

There is a reason why Carquest is the second biggest seller in the US. We don't need Amazon. Carquest oil is made by Amalie. Google them wink

Anyways, you're obviously capable of independent thought. I'm not worried about where you get your oil and filter, just that you get the right ones for your car and dru23 gets a first of his own medicine cool

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by sacramento1212: 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

That one is best value for money but this one http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=MAN&partNumber=HU718/5X is the number 5

My family uses the Carquest filters and none of our cars have ever had engine trouble

Ok
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2018
sacramento1212:

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

Already done. I chose well cheesy

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by eagleeye2: 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
radautoworks:

He recommends prestone because that's all he has to sell. Just like he recommends Mobil extended oil and Fram filters for all cars because that's what he has to sell.

While prestone can be used, Asian cars are different and the coolant best suited to them is Zerex http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ANT&partNumber=675130

I've also included all your other fluids recommendations for your car below.
Thank you ma. I saw Dextron 111 for Automatic transmission. My question is, can I use any Dextron 111? I have been using only Toyota type IV since I bought the car and did a complete ATF, only once since then. Any time it gets low, I just top it off with 1 lite of Toyota type IV.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2018
eagleeye2:

Thank you ma. I saw Dextron 111 for Automatic transmission. My question is, can I use any Dextron 111? I have been using only Toyota type IV since I bought the car and did a complete ATF, only once since then. Any time it gets low, I just top it off with 1 lite of Toyota type IV.

Yes. You can use Dexron 3. To help, these are some of the options you have. These are not your only options, just the ones in my database.

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by thebigkendo(m): 11:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
eagleeye2:

The issue you should be concerned with is why your transmission oil is getting low..
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 12:38am On Nov 15, 2018
thebigkendo:

The issue you should be concerned with is why your transmission oil is getting low..

People need to start doing their own findings.. All the information you are giving him is readily avaliable on line.. Why don't you guys preach that ...he can always get a second opinion too ..." Teach a man how to fish, not give him fish " .. .
Most of the things I learn here ,I research them online.. We need to be at times self educated ... I can recall a link was posted to help those looking for the right weight of oil for their car.... Encourage people to self sufficient, that is how you help people...

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 12:43am On Nov 15, 2018
eagleeye2:

Bro all these information giving to you is readily avaliable online. Google is your friend.. They should be directing you to how you can those information..." it is better to teach a man how to fish.. You teach how to fish, and he can fish for a lifetime.. You give him fish, you only fed him for a day "
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by CityNGR: 5:00am On Nov 15, 2018
dru23:

People need to start doing their own findings.. All the information you are giving him is readily avaliable on line.. Why don't you guys preach that ...he can always get a second opinion too ..." Teach a man how to fish, not give him fish " .. .
Most of the things I learn here ,I research them online.. We need to be at times self educated ... I can recall a link was posted to help those looking for the right weight of oil for their car.... Encourage people to self sufficient, that is how you help people...

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by eagleeye2: 9:37am On Nov 15, 2018
dru23:

Bro all these information giving to you is readily avaliable online. Google is your friend.. They should be directing you to how you can those information..." it is better to teach a man how to fish.. You teach how to fish, and he can fish for a lifetime.. You give him fish, you only fed him for a day "
If I recall, I stated that I have always used Toyota type IV. ... I got that information from google.
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by eagleeye2: 9:42am On Nov 15, 2018
thebigkendo:

Ok boss
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by thebigkendo(m): 10:27am On Nov 15, 2018
dru23:

Oga go & face your oil selling business & let me do as I wish.. All the research you are claiming to do, na goats dey post the answers to your Google search online abi? If everybody was doing online researcher and no one was responding to the online queries asked, what will happen to your online research..Mr Researcher

2 Likes

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 11:36am On Nov 15, 2018
eagleeye2:

If I recall, I stated that I have always used Toyota type IV. ... I got that information from google.

Ok no problem better that way... the only reason I said that ..Is that quite often people will ask in the from. Oga I have 07 camry, what type of oil do I need for my car... and I think to myself can't you just Google it ? And few times we put up a link that can help you identify the weight of oil you need like going to mobiloil.com ..

And also I like to commend you, for your calm response to my criticism.. It seems I was a bit harsh , but I meant no harm in any way

1 Like

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 11:38am On Nov 15, 2018
thebigkendo:

Oga go & face your oil selling business & let me do as I wish.. All the research you are claiming to do, na goats dey post the answers to your Google search online abi? If everybody was doing online researcher and no one was responding to the online queries asked, what will happen to your online research..Mr Researcher

Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
eagleeye2:

Don't engage him. Look around car talk and you'll see why.

You probably want to follow this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/4534157/useful-car-information-mr-transmission
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
radautoworks:

This your undying love for me ..is given me second thoughts.. But I come think am ,you are married and you got kids or a kid ...I like people that don't give up easily...
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by radautoworks: 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
dru23:

This your undying love for me ..is given me second thoughts.. But I come think am ,you are married and you got kids or a kid ...I like people that don't give up easily...

Well, I definitely have strong feelings about you grin
Re: Use coolant.... Not water by dru23(m): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
radautoworks:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Under Inflated Tyres Are Highly Dangerous - Bridgestone GMM / Technology Boom: Germany Launch Transparent Car / 6 Major Causes Of Road Accidents In Nigeria And Tips To Prevent Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.