Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter (50152 Views)

14-Year-Old Delta Girl Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship With Boyfriend / Ugandan Girl Commits Suicide After Father Caught Her Having Sex On His Bed / 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Cooleasy(m): 12:35am On Nov 05, 2018
dkronicle:
Damn! That guy lost someone that was ready to die for him. He Is a f0ol.
Modified.
i cant believe that some guys here dont know when someone is inlove and dumb. That girl was truly inlove. Not all this slaymama thing. All she needed was a good psychologist around her at all times. Do you people think that depression is just a dictionary word. . E dey pain me say grown up for here still dey do like toddler. She was just 16. Is it because when you were sixteen, sufferness kill ur emotion ? Everybody is not thesame. That girl cross different from our cross. She was inlove, got her hrt broken from a bigger f00l and she got depressed. Nobody was watching her even though she dropped some childish tweet disturbing her emotions. I hope she rest in peace. I feel so bad about her news. I swr down. She deserved a better person.
If you are childish, abeg Just pass by.
I was traveling the other day with some grown ups. I mean people from 45 and above. We were in this toyota sienna, just 7 passengers. The radio was on wazobia fm cause we just arrived somewhere in Lagos then. A girl called the station and said * she got pregnant and has a baby from the place were she was working as an house help, she doesn't know whay to do about her baby and the guy doesn't care*. The grown ups just started saying, she is a fool, she is dat. I was devastated. How can old people like this not understand that this girl is clueless. She tried speaking up. Nigeria sef na country wey the atmosphere fit kill person. People like this girl that just committed suicide needs help. If we dont change this our ghetto mentality because we strong emotionally , Nigeria is not getting better anytime soon then.
Abeg lets be kind to everybody we see. No be every girl we fit use do for the road. some of these girls are not strong. If you leave them, they will just do sth you dont expect. If you can't love her, leave her.
The annoying thing here is that she dropped alot of clue about her impending suicide. She tried. She is just young and not experienced.
You have a lot of conscience. You are going to be a very good husband and a very good father.
Your future partner, children and friends.....lucky people.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Lankaline(m): 1:00am On Nov 05, 2018
People will just come here and be writting rubbish,,,,its only a fool that thinks depression isn't real,sometime last year i felt so depressed during a CDS meeting (Nysc),,all i heard in my head was "Go home and kill your self",, the voice was so loud,i walked home,i got home and took my kitchen knife,wrote a txt and sent a cousin to tell my mum i love her,i was shaking,my cousin called and started begging me,told me to remember how my mum will feel if i kill my self,,,i felt pity for her,i was stuck between how my mum will feel and how i will feel if i end my life,i chose the former,i called her and went home straight, depression is bad,very bad,my people,i Repeat,its VERY BAD,,and REAL too,,earlier this year i started following this girl on twitter and saw her tweets,she blocks anyone who try to help,her parents spend thousands monthly for her therapy,but she isn't getting better,she needed foerign therapists,i tried talking to her severally, she blocked me,i opened two different accounts so i could follow her,she lost it all when she was suspended in school for hitting a guy who pulled her bra,she was suspended and started staying home,days later,she dies,May her soul RIP,,and for any body who talks rubbish about this,GOD PUNISH YOU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by henryhemon(m): 1:28am On Nov 05, 2018
dkronicle:
Modified.
i cant believe that some guys here dont know when someone is inlove and dumb. That girl was truly inlove. Not all this slaymama thing. All she needed was a good psychologist around her at all times. Do you people think that depression is just a dictionary word. . E dey pain me say grown up for here still dey do like toddler. She was just 16. Is it because when you were sixteen, sufferness kill ur emotion ? Everybody is not thesame. That girl cross different from our cross. She was inlove, got her hrt broken from a bigger f00l and she got depressed. Nobody was watching her even though she dropped some childish tweet disturbing her emotions. I hope she rest in peace. I feel so bad about her news. I swr down. She deserved a better person.
I was traveling the other day with some grown ups. I mean people from 45 and above. We were in this toyota sienna, just 7 passengers. The radio was on wazobia fm cause we just arrived somewhere in Lagos then. A girl called the station and said * she got pregnant and has a baby from the place were she was working as an house help, she doesn't know whay to do about her baby and the guy doesn't care*. The grown ups just started saying, she is a fool, she is dat. I was devastated. How can old people like this not understand that this girl is clueless. She tried speaking up. Nigeria sef na country wey the atmosphere fit kill person. People like this girl that just committed suicide needs help. If we dont change this our ghetto mentality because we strong emotionally , Nigeria is not getting better anytime soon then.
Abeg lets be kind to everybody we see. No be every girl we fit use do for the road. some of these girls are not strong. If you leave them, they will just do sth you dont expect. If you can't love her, leave her.
The annoying thing here is that she dropped alot of clue about her impending suicide. She tried. She is just young and not experienced.

Lie on. The girl had sickle and has mental illness n she was in pain. Don't twist it please.

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by fowlyansh181(m): 1:36am On Nov 05, 2018
dkronicle:
Modified.
dude , stay away from clingy people, sucidals are even the worst, they’ll suck you dry, exhaust you, drain you emotionally and physically over things that aren’t there or are imagined out of fear , and emotion .... run from a mentally depressed fellow, sucidals are the worst .. she doesn’t love him, she is just afraid of being alive without him, that isn’t love , that’s fear /depression.. I have been in one myself, and it was the most exhausting 1 year of my life ..

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Modarun(m): 1:51am On Nov 05, 2018
sha Yoruba people and suicide.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by chuckjonesbaba(m): 1:55am On Nov 05, 2018
dkronicle:
Modified.

God bless you.. I have been stressing this on my posts. Nigerians are so quick to judge and put people down not wanting to look into their psychological problems and drive to do what they did. Our holier than thou attitude is killing us.

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by anochuko01(m): 4:29am On Nov 05, 2018
Idrismusty97:
It's just because of two hórny ignorant parents who think love and God conquers all.
love and God is what conquers all o Bro! those two people were just pain stupîd and selfish.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by anochuko01(m): 4:40am On Nov 05, 2018
1. I really don't expect a 16yrs old to understand what love means.....
2. Also considering her tendencies, she could have still committed suicide for any other reason aside ''love''.
3. From what the so called boyfriend said to her, he is surely also immature and insensitive. probably her age mate too...
4. Her parents or guardians also failed her seriously.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by ndukaejime1994(m): 5:34am On Nov 05, 2018
Negotiate:

She’s the bigger f00! to have thought that a relationship at age 16 is a green card to a blissful forever after
16 years is but a kid my friend.... it's childishness. don't call her a fool.... not everyone is strong emotionally at 16 years, we may be in a bad country where things happen and people [young and old] are becoming stronger emotionally, but have it in mind, not everyone learn at the same pace. Not everyone's heart is strong at 16!
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Amadioha01(m): 5:42am On Nov 05, 2018
More young Nigerian women will continue in this trend. Mark my words. It'll be see as heroic and powerful by the post modernist types
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 05, 2018
dkronicle:
Modified.
Rubbish.
Shut up there
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 05, 2018
Derawiz:

She could have found someone to confide in instead of ranting on twitter,at the rate which we're going, very soon verbal communication would be lost.
You can imagine! Even couples now rant about their problems online instead engaging each other in a discourse.

PS: Anyone who commits suicide is weak and a coward,Life isn't meant for the weak.
No matter how bad you think your situation is,you're always better than millions out there.Think about that kid in Haiti that lost his parents to the quake,or the child in a third world country who is feeding on leaves - the sooner we realize this,the more strength and courage we would take to face our everyday life struggle
you obviously don't know what depression is.

its a mental illness that takes away courage, strength and ability to cope with life situations like most people. It makes you overwhelmingly HOPELESS.

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Livingstone124: 6:04am On Nov 05, 2018
Worldly love and death are like two sides of a coin.beware!
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by berrystunn(m): 6:11am On Nov 05, 2018
dkronicle:
Modified.

Age 16 in love or lost?
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 05, 2018
dkronicle:
Modified.
you no get sense 16yrs old in love to a bf.

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by kennypoka2(m): 6:57am On Nov 05, 2018
Derawiz:

She could have found someone to confide in instead of ranting on twitter,at the rate which we're going, very soon verbal communication would be lost.
You can imagine! Even couples now rant about their problems online instead engaging each other in a discourse.

PS: Anyone who commits suicide is weak and a coward,Life isn't meant for the weak.
No matter how bad you think your situation is,you're always better than millions out there.Think about that kid in Haiti that lost his parents to the quake,or the child in a third world country who is feeding on leaves - the sooner we realize this,the more strength and courage we would take to face our everyday life struggle

I don't usually reply mentions but I'll just chip in something what I've posted above..
I still reiterate the fact that only cowards and the weak at heart take the easier route- Suicide. Who gave you the rights to take what you can't give? She feels bad because of what her parents have spent on her?How would they now feel knowing she let them down after spending that huge sum only for her to cave in? Pple who commit suicide are selfish, you kill yourself and want everyone to live their lives as possible as if nothing happened..
I don't need anyone giving me that crappy excuse of depression, I've been so depressed that some three years ago I might have been suicidal. I'm not using myself as a yardstick though but there is always someone you're better than on earth,your case is never the worst so why give up?
Instead of ranting on social media,find people to confide in,there's a whole lot of ways to battle depression and not by ranting on SM seeking for attention/pity which sinks your further into depression when not gotten

As for those who can't clearly seem to get their points across without insults,I'll leave your fate to the mods

You called her selfish and don't expect to be insulted. People like you don't know jack but come online to write jargons.

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by kennypoka2(m): 6:59am On Nov 05, 2018
Godjone:
this cuntry !!!!

Why are we like this

She sent a warning signal about an impending event, everybody is watching and mopping until she went ahead with her threat. Nobody to fix her up and have her changed her mind. What a useless countrymen and women that resides in Nigeria

That is the trademark of this rejected and godless administration. Suicide in Nigeria increased by 80% Since the assumption of this useless admin. May God help us

Mr statistics. Please share with us more.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by kennypoka2(m): 7:06am On Nov 05, 2018
anochuko01:
1. I really don't expect a 16yrs old to understand what love means.....
2. Also considering her tendencies, she could have still committed suicide for any other reason aside ''love''.
3. From what the so called boyfriend said to her, he is surely also immature and insensitive. probably her age mate too...
4. Her parents or guardians also failed her seriously.

Let's stop deceiving ourselves in this life. A 16yrs old can fall in love. Humans have feelings, emotions.. It's now left to you how you define love.. But no matter how you define it, that feelings part will surely be there. So why do you think a 16yrs old shouldn't understand love?
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by anochuko01(m): 7:31am On Nov 05, 2018
kennypoka2:

Let's stop deceiving ourselves in this life. A 16yrs old can fall in love. Humans have feelings, emotions.. It's now left to you how you define love.. But no matter how you define it, that feelings part will surely be there. So why do you think a 16yrs old shouldn't understand love?
i didn't say she cant fall in love, i said she doesn't understand what love is.
let's really stop deceiving ourselves, love isn't just about all the tingling feelings...it involves taking important decisions, and those decisions become more accurate as we continue to mature in life.

almost every 16yrs old in relationship today wouldn't end up getting married to that same partner. that explains my point.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by zzzzy: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2018
Godjone:
this cuntry !!!!

Why are we like this

She sent a warning signal about an impending event, everybody is watching and mopping until she went ahead with her threat. Nobody to fix her up and have her changed her mind. What a useless countrymen and women that resides in Nigeria

That is the trademark of this rejected and godless administration. Suicide in Nigeria increased by 80% Since the assumption of this useless admin. May God help us
you didn't read the part where she rejected help? Who and who have you fixed? Somebody would just settle down and be making noise
Some of her tweets were noticed by a few of her followers but she turned down help and once said;

"This year alone, my parents have spent up to 700k on psychiatrist bills but nothing has worked, but it's Funke from the internet that's going to wave her magic wand and fix me with her friendship via DM."
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by kennypoka2(m): 8:02am On Nov 05, 2018
anochuko01:

i didn't say she cant fall in love, i said she doesn't understand what love is.
let's really stop deceiving ourselves, love isn't just about all the tingling feelings...it involves taking important decisions, and those decisions become more accurate as we continue to mature in life.

almost every 16yrs old in relationship today wouldn't end up getting married to that same partner. that explains my point.

She doesn't understand love but she had the feelings... The feelings are there. Even if it won't lead to marriage, the feelings are there... My point is, let's all acknowledge the fact that one can fall in love from as young as 10yrs. It's now left to adults to make these young ones understand how to handle it. Love happens but can we handle its consequences. She couldn't and there was obviously no one to put her in the right direction.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by anochuko01(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2018
kennypoka2:

She doesn't understand love but she had the feelings... The feelings are there. Even if it won't lead to marriage, the feelings are there... My point is, let's all acknowledge the fact that one can fall in love from as young as 10yrs. It's now left to adults to make these young ones understand how to handle it. Love happens but can we handle its consequences. She couldn't and there was obviously no one to put her in the right direction.
yeah, better explained now. that was also why I said in my original post that her parents/guardian failed her.
she wasn't getting enough attention from them considering the condition she had.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by kennypoka2(m): 8:13am On Nov 05, 2018
anochuko01:

yeah, better explained now. that was also why I said in my original post that her parents/guardian failed her.
she wasn't getting enough attention from them considering the condition she had.
I think so too... May her soul rest in peace

Have a great day!
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Dollypizzle13(f): 9:17am On Nov 05, 2018
nymphomaniac:
Valar Morghulis
GOT?!
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by nymphomaniac(m): 9:19am On Nov 05, 2018
Dollypizzle13:

GOT?!
yep. U like?
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Dollypizzle13(f): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2018
nymphomaniac:
yep. U like?
Lol...yes
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Negotiate: 9:32am On Nov 05, 2018
ndukaejime1994:

16 years is but a kid my friend.... it's childishness. don't call her a fool.... not everyone is strong emotionally at 16 years, we may be in a bad country where things happen and people [young and old] are becoming stronger emotionally, but have it in mind, not everyone learn at the same pace. Not everyone's heart is strong at 16!

true
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by manuelkel(m): 9:54am On Nov 05, 2018
dkronicle:
Modified.
The annoying thing here is that she dropped alot of clue about her impending suicide. She tried. She is just young and not eixperienced.
God bless you dear !
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by manuelkel(m): 9:56am On Nov 05, 2018
bamidelee:

you no get sense 16yrs old in love to a bf.
You see our Nigerian mentality?
What's bad is a 16year old girl if she has a boyfriend ??
Huh??
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by GetCofOProperty: 11:45am On Nov 05, 2018
May Her Soul RIP.

Do You Desire A Very Good Property Investment That Guarantee High Return... Or You Want a Suitable Land or House For You To Live In. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment. Don't miss the current promos Visit our Ikeja Office (Off Medical Road) or Call/WhatsApp +234(0)8027390046. Check our signature here below and click the WhatsApp link to reach out to us or how you can be a part of the business part of Real Estate.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by dkronicle(m): 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
manuelkel:

God bless you dear !
Amen bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Armed Robbery Suspects Arrested By Abia Police Including A Lady (Photos) / Man Murders Fiancée In Port-Harcourt Hotel (photo) / Young Man Tears Married Woman's Panties While Trying To Rape Her In Delta. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.