Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Misconceptions About Eckankar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misconceptions About Eckankar (854 Views)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misconceptions About Eckankar by leke12(m): 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
Misconceptions about Eckankar.
Hello, this isn't a way to promote or sweet talk people to Eckankar but to correct some misconceptions about Eckankar.
What's Eckankar ? ECK- holy spirit , ankar- the way. So Eckankar simply means the way of the holy spirit . It is a religion duly registered and recognised throughout the world. It's NOT OCCULTIC.

Language: Most spiritual words and terminologies are in Sanskrit (an ancient language ), others include English and French etc.

Membership :You can attend Eckankar centers for years without been a member . Your only qualified when you are above 18yrs and duly registered .

Mahanta: is a spiritual title that's highest level of spiritual enlightenment you can attain as a spiritual student in Eckankar , just like we have it in the educational line.
The title is currently been hold by Sri Harold Klemp. He is both the inner and outer Master.

Initiations/levels : these are series of steps to be taken or pass through before you can become a Mahanta. These are hectic and can take several yrs i meant so many years to reach. Though there are advance and basic study, so an I.V is sent if u are interested in the next stage before u proceed .

Worship : Eckist(term for a member ) dont worship anything or perform sacrifice whatsoever . The leader who is the Mahanta is respected and loved, even as a non-eckist you can hug him and crack jokes. It is just like and experience master that teaches u how to attain mastership . He doesn't enforce , non threaten, non command, just advice you.

Eck which is the holy spirit , is the life force , which is the manifestation of God Itself(neither male or female ), It expresses Itself through light and sound . All Eckist wants to be connected and fully aware of ITs expression .

Sugmahd(Almighty GOD) or the creator . Only wants our love and service. All other positive expressions are embedded in all this. Eckists tend to love GOD and serve life in anyway they can(co-worker with God).

Spiritual exercise : are spiritual words chanted for spiritual enlightenment and benefits. Most people know chanting is the best form of prayer and it shows in almost every religion . E.g Hallelujah , Jesus,HU, Aum, Allahu Akbar .etc.

Laws: No definite or basic laws in Eckankar , Eckists live their lives base on divine guidance , self responsibility , karmic law and law of love and service .

Forgiveness and sin: Eckists don't live in the illusions of sin and forgiveness , 'when i sin I will seek for forgiveness ' it doesn't wrk that way . You will pay for whatever deed u do either good or bad(law of karma), but your bad deeds can only have cushion effect(temper justice with mercy) with love and service to life. These also appears in human legal laws, you cant kill someone and ask for forgiveness from the judge , he/she can only temper justice with mercy based on some conditions .

While others focus on sin, Eckists focus on passions of the mind(greed,lust,vanity,anger,attachments), all these hold you hostage to Kal(devil), and best thing is to live above it with virtues of love.

Heavens : We have levels of heavens and all depends on your consciousness and enlightenment for you to experience . Most holy books talk about 3rd heaven , 7th heaven and so.. Eckankar takes it further more.
Hell: it's real, but not what most people think its is. Its not a place for permanent punishment , but a temporary purgatory , its called seven worlds of Avernus.

Belief : Eckankar have its mythologies and historical details but their is no actual belief, everything you know is mostly on personal experience . whatever you read or hear u can actually experience it even visiting both heavens and hell(living witness). Will all know personal experience is the best teacher.

It's more of a spiritual school than a religion , u need discipline , hard work and self responsibility and with an immeasurable experience of a living Eck Master( Someone how has master the ways of the holy spirit ).
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by dingbang(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2018
Cool... Can an eckist marry a non eckist?
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by chrisbaxtian(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
how long have you been a member of eckankar?
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by leke12(m): 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2018
dingbang:
Cool... Can an eckist marry a non eckist?
sure, no restriction , I got married to a non-Eckist
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by leke12(m): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2018
chrisbaxtian:
how long have you been a member of eckankar?
long enough , but still learning .
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
Quick question?

Do they share like, food on special occasions?

Don't judge me.

Pentecostals they do well for that department.
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by leke12(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Quick question?

Do they share like, food on special occasions?

Don't judge me.

Pentecostals they do well for that department.
sure they do, most especially during seminars , intro talks, ceremonies etc . at least have eaten a lot of that.
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by chrisbaxtian(m): 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
leke12:
long enough , but still learning .

please answer the question directly and speak plainly about your experience there
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by leke12(m): 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

please answer the question directly and speak plainly about your experience there
wao! my experience is i can say, i wished I been an Eckist earlier . overcame addictions, more responsible and spiritually free, i developed from been a believer to someone who lives on facts .
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by chrisbaxtian(m): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
leke12:
wao! my experience is i can say, i wished I been an Eckist earlier . overcame addictions, more responsible and spiritually free, i developed from been a believer to someone who lives on facts .

interesting... show us the facts
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by leke12(m): 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

interesting... show us the facts
sorry, i dont share my personal experiences online nor am I here for arguments or defence . Am just here to correct misconceptions about Eckankar . you can only go inward and get d facts yourself
Re: Misconceptions About Eckankar by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
leke12:
sorry, i dont share my personal experiences online nor am I here for arguments or defence . Am just here to correct misconceptions about Eckankar . you can only go inward and get d facts yourself

cheap defense. try harder. no one is accusing you of anything, yet you are on the defensive. Being unable to share you experiences makes whatever you say unrelatable. for all we know, you would be quoting a written script to influence opinion. it's actually a simple stuff to do, just start like this; I had X and X problem and solved it by using ABC principle taught by eckankar.

NB: if you do this, I might just share my experience chanting HU. I am not an eckist, and I will tell you what I really think about you guys...

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Demon / For Christians Who Don't Know Real Islam / Prophet Jeremiah Delivered Man Who Came To Attack Him With Live Cobra (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.